[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got accepted into college (I'm 19, starting in September).

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1454513814412.jpg (10KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1454513814412.jpg
10KB, 246x205px
Just got accepted into college (I'm 19, starting in September). I must ask, does anyone have any advice or can share anything that is a MUST know?

looking for any answers and from all perspectives, robots and normies
>>
Make friends as soon as possible, before everyone is in their little groups and it's too late.
>>
>>26480161
I cannot understate what this anon said. Seize that honeymoon period for making friends. You only get it once.
>>
>>26480161
I'll be on residence 1st year. 3 roommates including me total.

plus i'll be at one of the biggest party schools in the country too.
>>
>>26480182
Just start convos with the memers around you. It's pretty easy to make friends I'm just a retard and never did it.

Don't be like me anon
>>
Do not take out student loans! If you already have, pay interest while you are in school and educate yourself on them.
>>
Shit kid, you already fucked up.

You'll want to drop out now but that would make you a dropout, now you have to graduate.

College is a horrible experience full of oppression, loneliness, sense of misdirection, hate, self hatred, loathing, disdain and suffering.

Ask me, I study EE.
>>
>>26480096
you are going to need at least 5 meters long UTP cable. thank me later. also you might get 4chan pass in advance since at least at my campus every single IP is banned from posting on 4chan.
>>
>>26480256
thanks for the advice

>>26480253
what happened to you, anon? EE? Electrical Engineering i'm assuming?
>>
>>26480327
Electrical engineering, yes.

Failed every course but English, Introduction to Microsoft Office and Management in business.

Had no interest in the college but was forced by dad into it because
>muh money
Girls are nega entitled hags and guys are turbo Reddit. Everyone is smart but lazy.
And I used to commute every day for 2 hours because
>muh family

Hate everything about it.
>>
>>26480327
I killed myself anon I'm speaking to u from the other side
>>
>>26480371
Damn, I had a friend who did EE at a college, like 60% of the class plus him dropped the program because it was too hard. I can see where you're coming from anon. How many years have you been studying EE for now? are you almost done school? what about social life
>>
>>26480161
I did the exact opposite twice
Told everybody to fuck off
Didnt accept any FB requests
About 3 months in after seeing who is a fag normie or a snitch etc made some really good friends
>>
>>26480096

Start self-improving now, so by the time you hit college, you're in a routine.

College = School with adults, except those adults still act like bitchy gossiping kids.

Also, make friends as soon as possible, and party for the first while, to expand your potential friends list.
>>
>>26480096
Go to tall the parties you can at the begginning of the year. This is pretty much how you make friends in uni/college.
>>
>>26480394
I flunked first year and dad didn't let me go to medicine or law because it would be too expensive. So I'm doing first year the second time.

Dad wouldn't let me go to lectures and tutorials again this year because I took them last year and it would be a waste of money so I'm home almost all the time now.

I had great friends the first year if I was a normal human being. But them being non ironic Reddit retards made it hard for me to enjoy their company but I hanged out with them all the time because it beat being alone.
It was hard to me to get used to being alone with mom home again.
>>
Make sure the major you get into is in demand and you can make a living off of it. Don't let your time and money go to waste on something you can't do much with.
>>
>>26480371
>guys are turbo Reddit
do not forget about le 9fag army. at least back when I was at college it was nothing rare to see people scrolling dank memes every free moment they had.
you can make few robot tier friends if you try to. but do not expect such relationships to last beyond college. it is usually just professional relationship or pure abuse if you are good at some subject and unable to say no.
>>
Go to office hours for your courses, especially those related to your major. Professors appreciate interested and driven people. If you are doing well it could mean a recommendation or if you are borderline a bump in your favour just because they know who you are.

Don't leave things until the last minute.

Eat a balanced diet
>>
File: 1451950618433.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451950618433.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>26480458
>balanced diet
>college

pick one. healthy food is expensive
>>
>>26480612
>healthy food is expensive
Alcohol is even more expensive. College students have strange priorities.
>>
>>26480612
is it really that bad in america? I am from europe and for the price of mc donalds I can get full menu in restaurant. I am not going to say that the food from restaurant is 100% bio and healthy but I am sure it's not going to give me heart attack.
>>
I graduated in May with an engineering degree. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Make a group of friends with the same interests as you and in the same classes as you. Try to surround yourself with people smarter than you.
Make sure you get involved with an organization that is inline with your major, good internship and scholarship opportunities.

Learn time management, it will make your life easier. Most people don't fail because they're dumb. They fail because their time management is shit.
>>
>>26480612
I thought most people are on meal plans who live in the dorms in the US
>>
>>26480701
>>26480722
I'm in Canada. Yes, for my residence there is a mandatory meal plan ($1200), but the places you can use the card at isn't really good for healthy eating

>>26480707
I'm a KV, but i can socialize with people just fine. wondering how easy it actually is to get laid
>>
>>26480756
You pay 1200 a month just for appartment/room?
>>
>>26480838
no. residence for the school year comes to $8010CAD, if it didn't have the mandatory meal plan it would be $6800
>>
>>26480756
I see, like some kind of college canteen right? and you have to pay 1200 even if you eat somewhere else. 1200 for whole semester or something else? got no clue what are the prices of food in canada. I can get decent lunch with soup and 0.5l of pale beer for 5-6 euro some gourmet shit for 10 euro and more.
>>
like other anons said make friends asap and befriend with smart peole.

I don't have luck finding people with my interests fuking hate everyone i knew just normies and chads.
but fuck it the ride never ends
>>
>>26480756
Fair enough
GL with your studies
>>
>>26480096
Enjoy paying your debt, and after college getting a shitty job that you could have without college
>>
>>26480182
Are you at OSU because if you are you're fucked
>>
>>26481025
i'm in canada bud
>>
4th year of college here
this is top tier advice >>26480452 and is the only valid reason to go to college, people these days pick bullshit degrees just for the experience of college, not for the actual shit they're going to learn

That said, don't let the course plan that they set up limit you, do your own research, spot the bullshit courses that you don't need and replace them with better options, don't get too tunnel visioned on the course plan in your degree. It's not unusal for those course plans to be set up by dumbasses who have no real knowledge of what is needed.
>>
File: croc.png (169KB, 656x400px) Image search: [Google]
croc.png
169KB, 656x400px
>>26480458
>Eat a balanced diet

I cannot tell you how important this is OP. As someone who went to College and basically snapped and ate like shit. Eating badly will ruin you and make people dislike you

>Didn't know how to cook when I started college
>Had NEVER cooked for myself, parents made all my food
>All I ate in my first few months was chips, soda, and fast food
>People started to complain that my room always smelled
>was too nervous to use a bin in case people saw all the wrappers so just had them strewn all over the floor
>decide I NEED to throw the fast food wrappers
>organise them into piles based on the chain they come from, one McDonalds pile one Subway etc
>further organise them into piles such as Fries boxes, burger boxes, burger wrapping etc to make it more manageable
>take the piles down to the dumpsters one by one at 4am thinking it is the best time
>nearly finished
>start taking down the empty KFC boxes
>walking down the stairs
>suddenly the normies who live around me come in
>they walk right up the stairs
>I slip and drop the KFC boxes down the stairs
>they are all staring at me and the pile of KFC boxes
>try to think of any excuse I can
>can't think of one
>just loudly shout 'I'LL BE BACK WITH THE CHICKEN FOR THESE BOXES' and run to my room
>go to bed
>the boxes remain on the stairs for 3 months
>I stop eating in my room during that time
>nobody speaks to me
>>
>>26481152
Bro that's why I never eat fastfood when I'm at college. Good for my mind when I'm taking classes, but I'll eat it when I'm at the restaurant or I'm on the go. Once I hit campus though, no more fast-food. Gotta watch out though for college girls because if they catch you eating it off of campus you're fucked.
>>
>>26481019
hehe exactly

>study IT
>data structures, graph theory, cryptography...
>2 semesters of relational databases (that can and in reality are encapsulated by ORM)
>looking for job
>asp.net web developer, php web developer, python web developer, perl web developer
>look closely at advertisement "only for university-educated people"
>ftw high school kids can do that shit

only place to get decent job as someone with good IT education is military, security and bank sector...
inb4 working for jews in Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
>>
>>26481202
Really? Last time I heard anything about IT they were digging through trash looking for something to get them through the day. True waste-men on campus.
>>
>>26481064
Alright you'll do fine maplebro
>>
>>26481224
that is probably because every gamer thinks that if he can reinstall windows he is real programmer and can single-handedly finish IT college.
then they fail first programming subject because "we did completely different stuff on exercises than on exams".
>>
>>26480096
Ask people to hang out with you IMMEDIATELY. By the end of the first week, the friend circles will be fully formed and if you're not in one, you're fucked.

Also, do your homework even when it's not being collected and actually study no matter how depressed you get.
>>
File: 1440434709092.png (209KB, 398x377px) Image search: [Google]
1440434709092.png
209KB, 398x377px
>>26481336
>Ask people to hang out with you IMMEDIATELY
>IMMEDIATELY
im genuinely scared now of college/uni
>>
>>26481305
also another shit useless IT students say
>what the fuck do I need algebra for? I just want to program computer games!
>if they let me code it in php I would be done by now.
>why do you use asterisks and ampersand in C?
>why did you put static keyword in front of that method?
>unix is so baaaaaaad, just let me do this in windows.
>I got 0 points for WORKING PROGRAM just because my code was not TRANSPARENT enough
>>
>>26481336
Anon a month into first semester reporting in. This post, and others like it that stress the importance of making friends fast, couldn't be more accurate.

Again, I'm I just finished the first month of my first semester here. I don't have Amy friends and my roommate and his friends laugh and make fun of me behind my back. The entire hall thinks I'm weird and people on campus literally laugh at me for eating alone.

Do not be like me.
>>
>>26480096
Go to trade school instead man. Get a good solid career. Please listen to me. Become a plumber or something. College will get you virtually no where. It is a waste of money. College will do nothing more than try to instill Jewish values on you.
>>
>>26480096
No procrastination. Stick to a plan, do not get behind on any subject.
>>
Don't bite off more than you can chew with respect to the number of classes.

Not everyone can handle a full time course load. If you can't, it's better to admit it to yourself and just take 3 classes at a time rather than take on too much responsibility and end up fucking up.
>>
>>26481482
Why didn't you make friends fast?
>>
>>26480096
Keep in mind that you will have professors that will say things with a marxist bias and will try to sway you over to their side. Keep a level head and don't let yourself be led like a sheep, do not trust everything they say just because they're professors.
>>
>>26482248
I don't know how to talk to people. I wanted to but didn't know how to go about any of it.
>>
>>26480161
If you want to become a normie this is the only way. And even then it may fail.
>>
>>26482551

A failed normie leads worse life than a self-accepted robot, tee bee aych.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.