[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do School shooting/mass shootings happen? Why are they getting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: 6789098.png (31KB, 320x216px) Image search: [Google]
6789098.png
31KB, 320x216px
Why do School shooting/mass shootings happen? Why are they getting more frequent? What has caused this change in young men since the last 20-30 years when this was unheard off?
>>
>>26439276
The news media sensationalizes school shootings and their perpatrators, so kids who think (or are) failures in life see this as their one shot at being remembered (also they usually are suicidal and see death by cop as a reasonable method).

The fact that people can remember the names and faces and stories of the people who did Columbine, Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook are a testament to the appeal of mass shootings.

The more it happens the bigger the domino effect. Kid wants to off himself, hears the news, idea planted in his brain, has the means and motive to commit a shooting.
>>
Feminism and Sexual Liberation
Of course men are going to react badly of you treat them like second-class citizens because of their gender.
Also, feminized education
>>
>>26439364
>The more it happens the bigger the domino effect

Do kids really care about the news or infamy? Especially insane kids willing to murder people
>>
>>26439276
A sick society
>>
>>26439276
Most agree it's that media attention gives unstable dudes a way to make themselves known. If anything happened it's that life got a lot easier and people find stranger and stranger outlets for their energy, especially in cultures that give you too much freedom.

If you were unstable in the past you were more likely to be picked out of society and dropped into a position where you couldn't do much but work, usually for criminals or as a soldier. As for "mass shootings" that kill a few here and there, it's nothing compared to brutal serial killers in the past or violent crime in general. Killing is pretty fundamental to human life, we just learned to keep ourselves too busy and too committed to everyone else around us to solve problems with blood. a kid gets bored and has no ties with anyone, he might just kill animals and then join the military, or he wants to be edgy and get his name on the news and shoots people in public.
>>
>>26439434
Absolutely. If you had a shot to be on the mind of everyone in America for the next 10 years, to have your name be recognized, and to rail against the system you believe has failed you, you think they wouldn't take it?

They feel isolated, like nobody. School shootings and the infamy they generate is an answer to their cries for attention.
>>
Oh the mother of the columbine kid is doing an interview tonight after 17 years. Is she a shit person for doing so? The mother who's kid did the Amish school shooting wrote a book on it. Why are these people doing this and is that sketchy too anyone else?
>>
>>26439476
Ah you're probably right
>>
>>26439421
>I'll just type out that I think lowering some risks while having sex in the 1960s is why boys in 2015 shoot random classmates
>yeah that was a good post
>boys before 1960 were never treated poorly by anyone and always had loads of women respect them
>>
Copycat syndrome, 'murika.

When it's reported on a lot, it's foremost in peoples' minds. Including people who've had enough. It's probably the first option that pops up in their mind.

>Why go to college?
Because that's what you do after high school.
>Why shoot up a school?
Because that's what you do when you've had enough.
>>
>>26439421
>Feminism and Sexual Liberation

This too, Marc lapine straight up said he hated feminists so he'd shoot them and the Sexual liberation is directly linked to Elliot rodgers feel of inadequacy.
>>
>>26439276
>the last 20-30 years when this was unheard off?
School shootings have literally been a thing in 'murica for more than 250 years.
>>
>>26439523
Honestly he's not wrong. Those two things are actually some shooters reasons and justifications for doing what they did according to them. Obviously they were already sick and fucked up but you can't say it didn't play a role.
>>
>>26439524
This. If it's constantly in the spotlight it's what people will follow as a logical action for certain situations. Especially if they are easily influenced in the first place.

Asking why people shoot up schools is like asking why people will spend money on a shitty product they don't need after seeing an ad.
>>
>>26439480
There were two Columbine kids. The mother of which one?
>>
>>26439598
Dylan Kle
>>
>>26439276
The ease of being able to acquire guns, and a lack of a solid national mental health care system. Any other answer is not true. Tired of these Christfags saying that it's shit like sexual liberation and removing mandatory prayer in schools.
>>
>>26439523
I was obviously talking about third-wave feminism (you know, the one that promotes ideas like male priviledge and Identity Politics)
And Sexual Liberation has transcended all reason at this point. There are absolutely no consequences for women who treat men like walking penises/wallets. This behavior is even encouraged by popular feminist outlets.
Of course (young) men aren't going to be albe to take this for ever.

Assface
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1327x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1327x179px
>>26439276
You're welcome friendo.
>>
>>26439276

I'd say there are a lot of contributing factors:

- American schools are run like prisons.
- Lots of parents don't seek proper psychiatric treatment for children affected by mental illness because they don't want their child to be labeled.
- American law permits corporal punishment against children, even in the public school system. Children subjected to corporal abuse are at that much greater of a risk of developing mental illness.
- Shit-all is being done to address bullying in public schools.
- Backward cultural values that as pushed in the U.S., especially in the South. Bigotry, conspiracy shit, religious fundamentalism, etc.
- School staff goes out of its way to ostracize kids who don't come from wealthy families, don't participate in team sports, etc. Social cliques can create and reinforce schizotypal behaviors.
>>
>>26439635
>The ease of being able to acquire guns, and a lack of a solid national mental health care system.

Explain then a recent school attack in Sweden with a sword that left two dead
>>
>>26439568
>according to them
"I did it because God told me to do it" is not a confirmation of a higher power making people kill their kids.

And you still ignore the concept that this fucking moron thinks wewuzkings for all men in the past and only suddenly some men are treated like shit because women have rights. We were just better at convincing losers in the past that they have no power or certain morals. People today only know certain consequences as to why they don't murder each other rather than having a moral foundation. that falls apart easier if there are more meaningful consequences to continuing life as it is. On the other hand if you just spread the word that these types of dudes usually engage in horse sex rather than kill, suddenly the killing will drop again.
>>
>>26439671
I'm talking about the sheer amount of the shootings. An exception is going to happen every now and then, but explain why Sweden has some pretty good gun control laws and a pretty good healthcare system, and this is the first school attack in a while, when America has at least two a month?
>>
>>26439276
Because us robots get really mad at Chads, normies and females, sometimes.
>>
>>26439639
>men were never treated bad by anyone in history until twitter
>>
File: 1380922909195.jpg (114KB, 755x552px) Image search: [Google]
1380922909195.jpg
114KB, 755x552px
>>26439276
>What has caused this change in young men since the last 20-30 years when this was unheard off?
>>
>>26439276
Whats a punch that hurts children?
>a sandy hook xD
>>
>>26439697
>"I did it because God told me to do it" is not a confirmation of a higher power making people kill their kids.

Obviously, but in their minds IT IS. Marc Lapine and Cho both blamed feminists specifically, so feminism still played a role whether we like it or not. Nobody has ever blamed chocolate milk in their manifesto. This kind of vitriol and pattern doesn't just come from nowhere.
>>
>>26439717
Not on such a scale, during their education and while looking for someone to spend their lifes with, no.

Name one historical movement/social situation that discriminated against men in a similar way that modern feminism does.
>>
>>26439786
You do realize that feminism is a small fucking movement of people that just happen to be very vocal, right? probably 3 in 100 people that you talk to would identify as a feminist, and only 1 of those 3 would probably identify as a feminazi.
>>
>>26439523
see >>26439735

Shooters = the bottom 3 purples
>>
File: god confirms.jpg (52KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
god confirms.jpg
52KB, 640x478px
>>26439735
>theMeaningOfLife.jpg
>>
>>26439807
Subtle difference is the crazy ones have taken the reigns in Academia, media, and the culture wars. Are you one of those people that say they have no power?
>>
>>26439838
Oh no, they have power, but not the amount that you people say that they do. People bow down to their demands because of cowardice, but feminism isn't the cause of fucking school shootings. They don't have THAT much control.
>>
>>26439775
You're about as hopeless as women who think "rape culture" is real because there are women who think it is. I don't even know what kind of position you're trying to take, even if you could convince people because muh feminism, the problem would still be the sick kids committing the murders rather than a focus on women's role in society.
>>
>>26439786
>what were slaves or anyone who didn't own land
The tragedy here is that somebody made you scared of girls for no reason at all.
>>
>>26439869
It's the sexual revolution, primarily. Women get to 100% choose who they want to fuck. Men want to shoot cum, women want to get cum from attractive males. Women are more picky, and they only need to (figuratively) spread their legs to get sex from a man who's more attractive than them.

Therefore, >>26439735
>>
>>26439807
>le vocal minority meme
When will this fucking meme die?
Feminists are granted access to international politics (Anita/Emma at the UN). The mainstream media is jumping onto this bandwagon (radical Feminists writing for the New York Times ect).
Even if these radical Feminists were just a vocal minority (which they're not, especially on University campuses), they are getting a stong hold over many important media outlets.
>>
>>26439869
I wasn't even the guy you were talking too but they really do have that much control. Especially in Academia. Also in the real world, the president of America is spouting the Wage gape myth for fuck sakes, Scores of celebrities have joined retarded campaigns to ban the word bossy, Justin Trudeau my current prime minister who is a proud feminist says gamer-gate is a serious issue and misogynistic. These people are fucking crazy and have actual real power and influence, especially on young people. There is a reason there is such a massive divide in the sexes now.
>>
>>26439916
>men are bigger whores
>also I agree that before 1955 there were never any virgins
>>
>>26439916
Yeah, but I'd like to be told more about that gap in between "I can't get laid..." and "I'm gonna shoot up a school!" How do you think that works?
>>
>>26439476
>be on the mind of everyone in America for the next 10 years...

Try ten days. A month at most. No one cares about these loser assholes except other loser assholes. Also, the media is a fickle creature; unless you have a really high casualty count or shoot up kindergartners you'll be clickbait on liberal blogs for a day and then nothing. That's kind of a sad state of affairs, actually.
>>
>>26439775

Feminism is just a boogeyman to an already mentally ill individual. Even if feminist movements didn't exist, these people would find some other target for their conspiracies - the Jews, the "gay agenda," whatever.

The problem is a person's propensity for mental illness, not any specific ideology they focus that energy into - unless said ideology *caused* their mental illness by subjecting them to an incredibly unhealthy and abusive environment, which is not the case here. For it to be the case, the scenario would have to go something like: Be raised by hyper-feminist mother. Said mother beats the shit out of you on a daily basis just because of your gender. Ergo, feminism is the stressor of your mental illness.

But there's really no point in my explaining that to you because you're clearly on some kind of /pol/ bandwagon here.
>>
>>26439951
I mean, Gamergate IS a big issue, but for the actual plot of it, not misogynism...when a company that is well-known and respected gives kudos to someone who made something just because they fucked them, that shows just how corrupt the fucking industry is.
>>
>>26439958
He's saying that men who can't cum are basically retarded apes. The whole point in life is to get up a girls skirt! Btw this whole thread is not just a couple of girls angry that guys compete over better looking whores. They totally understand men and that's why their right to vote and access to birth control created school shooters.
>>
>>26439878
>Because I believe a social and political movement can have an effect on people at wide, I'm equated to a person who believes in a specific stupid "rape culture" theory

You seriously can't say Feminism isn't real and changing things, especially in peoples point of view. I'm obviously blaming these kids specifically for their actions because they were sick but I'm saying this plays a part of it too. I'm sure you think Breviks white nationalism had nothing to do with his massacre either?
>>
>>26439989
You remember Columbine. You remember Adam Lanza.You remember Virginia Tech and you won't forget about San Bernadino. Don't act like you or the rest of America shrugs this off because the headlines get replaced. It sticks in people's minds and becomes the subject of speculative crime shows like "The Makings of a Killer" or "True Evil" where they break down a person's life in depth and pick apart the tiniest details. It becomes the subject of documentaries like "Bowling for Columbine" where they break down every minute of the shooting, interview survivors, etc." Shit, they even made a video game called "School Shooting Simulator 2012" where you could play through a few different scenarios which were obviously themed after certain shootings.

Don't act like because we don't mention it everyday that it's forgotten or healed.
>>
>>26439958
Heh, it's not just "I can't get laid" anymore, it's more like "these people are treating me like a disposable object because of my gender but still expect me to accept some sort of priviledge from which I'm apparently benefit".
And then they pay them back.

I don't want to excuse these people's actions but I do understand why many young men snap
>>
>>26440063
Rape culture is real dude just admit it. It's the reason girls are depressed.
>>
Everyone emphasizes different things to fit with their personal agendas and/or grievances: mothers will talk about safety, news reporters will talk about gun control and mental illness, and robots will talk about feminism and the sexual revolution.

The one thing no one really talks about, and the one thing which ties all of the above together, is our consumption-focused and hyper-stimulating libidinal economy. I sense that people don't talk about this because it is what keeps everyone in their respective comfortable lives; to say that a disruption in the status quo is necessary is to get EVERYONE fired up and angry. No one wants to admit that these boys are completely normal, that they don't suffer from severe metal illness, that gun control, increased security, and better mental health care would have no effects. They are desiring creatures who are daily given false promises of satisfaction just like everyone else; the difference is they respond to their overwhelmingly repressed lives with violence. The only reason everyone else isn't doing exactly the same thing is simple conditioning.

Additionally, this argument that they are imposters and are responding to the "glorification" in the media also misses the point. The media frenzy does make it easier to eventually go over the edge, sure, but don't mistake the desire to be famous as the primary one. It isn't. The primary desire is to retaliate against society.
>>
>>26439991
>/pol/ bandwagon
>Feminism is just some boogeyman

For fuck sakes dude. Who knows if they would have killed people for other reasons, these are the reasons they have given. Sure they are mentally ill but you don't need years of abuse to become so. People have killed on a dime for smaller, less vocal an and more contained political movements. Stop using this /pol/ cop out.
>>
>>26440098
Yeah, when a girl walks out into public, if someone just rapes her right there, nothing happens to the rapist obviously.

And if a woman rapes a man, the court instantly finds in favor of the woman most of the time. If a woman accuses a man of rape, even if he actually DIDN'T DO IT, most of the time, the woman is believed.
>>
>>26440083
I just counted 158 school shootings occurring in the US since the year 2000. The list was compiled by wikipedia, so it's probably shit, but the point stands. Of those 158, you remember 4.

So no, shooting up a school is not going to make you famous by any account.
>>
>>26440151
Your logic says that if a girl says rape culture is why she is depressed then rape culture is why girls are depressed. Rambling about how innocent men get raped all the time by hot sluts is not relevant.
>>
>>26439997
It's a consumer revolt that I believe has credence and it's not misogynistic. I just don't think it's a serious issue.

>>26440098
You can't equate a paranoid unsubstantiated theory and an actual real political movements effects on people or my argument. Also, There is no rape culture in the west, in North Africa sure.
>>
>>26440215
>there is no rape culture
Then there is no feminism that creates murderers
>>
>>26439364
This. Shootings will lead to more of them happening as well
>>
File: Gospel of Broseph.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gospel of Broseph.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
>>26440162
>implying they're not trying for the high score
When someone breaks that record you better believe they're gonna be remembered. And that's the point. They don't say to themselves "I'm going to kill 3 people then off myself." They're going to go for as many as brutally as possible. That's why the ones I listed are remembered. Brutality, sheer death toll, destruction. They want to make the biggest ripple in the pond, but any ripple will stay with the men and women associated with it. Same reason sadistic rapists rape and torture. It affects the person for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>26440249
I never said feminism creates murderers, only facilitates the actions of the mentally ill. It's literally the reason some of these killers say they picked up a gun. You can't equate these. If a mentally ill skinhead goes out and kills jews because he was promoted to it by reading mein kampft. Does that play no role?
>>
File: 1411013313030.jpg (8KB, 157x153px) Image search: [Google]
1411013313030.jpg
8KB, 157x153px
>>26440249
>Then there is no feminism that creates murderers

FEMINISM IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE
>>
File: pepe12.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe12.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
MEDIA:
>look at all these shootings. clearly there is something wrong with mentally unstable people and guns control. look at all these charts and graphs we made comparing us gun laws vs deaths to other countries. also, look at how all the people involved were emotionally and mentally unstable

R9K:
>look at all these shootings. clearly there is something wrong with men not being able to maintain a relationship with women in today's sjw dominated society. look at all these charts and graphs we made showing how women only want the sexiest men while the rest are left without partners. look how women caused these people to become mentally unstable enough to do a school shooting.

POL:
look at all these shootings. clearly there is something wrong with the jews controlling society that drives people to extreme acts of defiance. look at all these charts and graphs we made demonstrating how the jews desire for money and power influence young men to commit shootings. also, look at this interconnected web we made illustrating how the jews indirectly cause these mass shootings for their personal gain.

Everyone has an agenda, especially you shut-ins on r9k. you think women are the problem. pol thinks jews are the problem. the media thinks guns are the problem. all 3 groups are trying to perpetuate their own interests to satisfy their theories. you are actually just biased.
>>
>>26440460
>People on certain parts of the internet are incapable of critical thinking and the media is always right and unbiased

Nice strawman by the way
>>
File: mass shooting pepe.jpg (218KB, 1042x884px) Image search: [Google]
mass shooting pepe.jpg
218KB, 1042x884px
>>26440460
/K/:
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
File: 958956.jpg (162KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
958956.jpg
162KB, 500x598px
>>26440460
>You
>W-why is thinking so hard
>>
>>26440515
>the media is always right and unbiased

He didn't say that familia
>>
>>26440460
well then smartass what is causing the shootings?
>>
>>26440537
Yeah I just assumed he was the guy I was talking too up there^
>>
>>26440562
OBVIOUSLY WOMEN
>>
>>26440562
T-they are just mentally ill with no outside influences or opinions! Simply being mentally ill makes one kill!
>>
>>26439276
Why does nobody livestream these (except Vester Lee Flanagan II)?
>>
>Feminism and SJW rhetoric has no influence on these mentally ill kids

They were mentally ill before they killed and they didn't kill up until they did. Feminism was a few of those shooters reason as to why they killed. Nobody knows for sure if they would have killed regardless. But to say Feminism had no role is idiotic, it's what these kids reason for murder was. Being mentally ill doesn't just make you kill, that's why premeditated murder is far more common than crimes of passion. Because even the mentally ill can be affected by ideologies, influences or causes.
>>
>>26440132
a rare sighting of the r9k voice of reason
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.