[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw alcohol makes the sadness go away What are you drinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>tfw alcohol makes the sadness go away

What are you drinking tonight, robots?
>>
File: wojakvin.jpg (69KB, 616x618px) Image search: [Google]
wojakvin.jpg
69KB, 616x618px
>>26399989
Only temporarily. The next day you feel even worse. After enough abuse it's ineffective. Overall it's a shit coping mechanism to adhere to.
t. was a drunkard for 10 or so years.
>>
>>26400080
So what do you do now to make the sadness go away? Heroin?
>>
I've never drunk or did any kind of drug. I'm a good boy.
>>
>>26400102
Self-improvement. It has helped more than alcohol & benzos ever did.
>>
>tfw bought shit loads of wine for half-price because of Valentine's Day deals
>going to drink it all myself
normies aren't all that bad desu
>>
File: anchorsteam[1].jpg (199KB, 800x767px) Image search: [Google]
anchorsteam[1].jpg
199KB, 800x767px
The one and only god of beer.
>>
>>26399989

Scotch

And the pain isn't going anywhere.
>>
Apple wine that I made myself.

Winemaking is fun.
>>
>>26400080
You are just falling for a meme. Trust me. Your life will not get better just because you are sober.
>>
>>26400195
Wine drunk feels different than any other drunk, but it gives the worst hangovers.
>>
>>26399989
> killing yourself with poison

just smoke weed faggot frog
>>
>>26400235
Yet it already has.
>>
Dogfish Head Higher Math

I am operating on a higher plane of existence.

Ask me nothing, for I will not reciprocate for the sake of worms.
>>
>>26400271
>killing yourself by inhaling shit

fucking brilliant
>>
>>26400285
Can you exchange 4 bottlecaps for a fedora?
>>
>>26400271
>killing yourself with a different poison
Ayy
>>
>>26399989
I was at a friends and was drinking cinnamon whiskey + apple juice. Its the GOAT no word of a lie
>>
>>26400302
You're all retarded. Vape concentrates.
>>
Ayahuasca makes sadness go away too. Which is why I need to make some.
>>
>>26400251
Can we please stop perpetuating the meme that different types of alcohol give you different degrees of hangover? Plenty of studies have been done that show it's nothing more than the alcohol proof - which affects how much you consume in a period of time - that determines how bad of a hangover you get.
>>
It dont make no sadness go. but it DOES make me less of me which is why I love it.
>>
>>26400375
Mostly true. Dark liquors will give you a worse hangover than clear ones.

Source: science
>>
>>26400375
Tannins and congeners make a difference, which is why you feel more cottonmouthed after a dry Cabernet.
>>
>>26400375
Really? what about tannins, feusel alcohols, the fact that red wine has a slight histamine effect, etc? i agree the whole "X drunk is different than Y drunk" but the hangovers are certainly different. i can drink a 5th of decent vodka and be far better off the next day than killing an equal alcohol unit amount of steel reserve.
>>
>>26399989
Not drinking anything, I got shit to do this week and the next one, gonna drink a shit load of beer and whisky once it's over though
>>
The cheapest vodka from the store.
>tfw live in faggot republican land
>ABC stores are closed on sunday
>literally mad that I can't buy liquor
>settle for boxed wine
>>
Whiskey. I don't have any cups so I've been drinking from the bottle and now it's full of backwash. Don't really want to drink it but I need to be drunk right now
>>
>>26400445
>>26400416
>>26400410

Sure, I'll concede that those substances can have an effect, but most of the time when you hear people talk about this it's got nothing to do with the specific instances you guys pointed out, and by far with any hangover, the amount of alcohol consumed is the major contributor, which was all I was trying to point out.
>>
>tfw you are already drunk and you want to stop drinking more but you can't
>>
Anon, this thread is making me crave some wine. Gonna go guzzle a few gallons of hot tea until it wears off.
>>
>>26400487
>I need to be drunk right now

Did something happen, Anon?
>>
>tfw you're drunk and you struggle to type

How many of you have posted here while drunk? I feel like I can identify who's drunk and who's not especially in an alcoholic thread, I've also realized that it's fun to talk to or hang out with other drunks while you're drunk
>>
File: 2001-02-27-neb.gif (31KB, 491x281px) Image search: [Google]
2001-02-27-neb.gif
31KB, 491x281px
I fucking love gin, why did I let me think I hated it for all these years? American whiskey was the only spirit I liked for the longest time, just last week I tried whiskey and have decided it's earned a permanent place on my bar. That leaves me with a handle of Fighting Cock, and Handle of Wild Turkey 101, a fifth of Mellow Corn, the only size I can find, and I'd like a couple handles of gin. I like Citadelle, Burnetts, Seagrams, Tanqueray, and Bombay Sapphire. That's everyone one I've tried though. How to pick? I'm thinking about Hayman's Royal Dock. I did find Seagrams way too sweet like, but still ok, so I don't think it will be a repurchase. I also want to try Boodles, Aviation, and that one bourbon barrel aged gin. I like the idea of Haymans since I prefer overproof spirits since I'm a super pleb and mix with mineral water or diet soda most times.

It's hard to choose but Burnett's or Tanqueray are my favorites so far. Fucking mellow corn though. It actually scares me. I've always ben a lightweight even with daily drinking for some time now. The first time I tried that though I killed half the bottle in one night and woke up still drunk and feeling sick. I love it, but I don't think it loves me. Mellow corn is fun just because of the excitement and danger, and that's part of why I like bourbon. It's the mean old redneck drink. It legit tastes better than most everything else, but I don't dislike the association either. It's probably why all scotch is shit. I mean Irish is at least drinkable, it's kind of like a shitty american whiskey like Jack or Maker's mark, but scotch is literally alcoholic fedora. I can just imagine a bunch of scott faggots sitting around dipping their as in the mash and putting boogers and salty pus and even a cum rag they decided to burn just for the hell of it.

>Hahaha look Barneymchaggispants, they actually paid money for this shit!
>>
Kokanee
It helps me forget
>>
>>26400576
Just been feeling really empty lately. I'm constantly tired but I can never sleep. I hate the direction my life is heading and I think it's too late to change it. When I'm drunk I can forget about everything for a while and just enjoy the night
>>
>>26400273
what do you do to self-improve?
>>
>>26400398

You should try DXM. I drink a little less often than before and DXM a whole lot more after discovering how amazing it is. You'll wonder why people even buy alcohol in the first place. Don' worry though, you'll soon find out once you experience a DXM hangover. It makes downies look like geniuses compared to me a day after heavy dxm use.
>>
I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 4 months but I just bought some beer and some painkillers so I stop feeling so down.

I'm never gonna make it. It's all so worthless.
>>
>>26400302
>>26400339
theres actually foreigner cucks that believe weed hurts you on r9k

40 joints vs 40 shots. one will make you cough the other will give you alcohol poison

also 0 shitty hang over feeling with weed
>>
>>26400367

>wants to have a spiritual journey instead of dealing with his issues
>>
I have three bottles of Bucks Fizz, basically three bottles of an orange juice and champagne mix.
>>
>>26400696

It's not too late to change it. You're going to wake up at 40 and have no idea who you are if you keep doing this to yourself.
>>
>>26400691
Gin and club soda is a great way to actually taste the gin but not have to knock back a straight martini every time.

Hendricks is great, but expensive. Oxley is also great. I like Greenalls as a more affordable gin.
>>
>>26400459

Try living in the actual South. ABC closed sunday, Wine not legal in any store except ABCs, and just for an extra fuck you, beer is not legally considered an alcoholic beverage and can't be sold at ABC stores, so still no craft beers despite us just lifting the ban on beer over 6% a couple years ago, unless you count the ubiquitous shit like shiner and sam adams, or the fake microbrews like blue moon..
>>
>>26400788
Maybe. But if I drop out not I'll be penniless and without prospects. I don't see any other way. I'm going with the original plan of getting wasted
>>
>>26400829

>don't drop out
>do school work instead of getting drunk
>???
>PROFIT!
>>
>>26400318
nay, knave.
>>
>>26400844
I won't drop out but I'm doing my school work drunk and you can't stop me
>>
>>26399989

Beer and I'm also gay.
>>
Anyone else here actually have alcohol temporarily fix one of their obscure problems? For me, it was procrastination. My theory is that procrastination is anxiety-based, hence why I was able to blast through school work while lightly partaking. The funny part is that I actually got the answers right.
>>
>>26400904

What happens when you turn in papers drunk and fail school?
>>
>>26400739

That's a dumb comparison. More fair would be 40g of dabs vs 40 2.5%abv winecoolers.

One will make you pee a lot, probably from a vagina, and the other will kill brain cells and give you a panic attack and make you a criminal because weeds is illegal.

Also 0 shitty having to buy from shady niggers with wine coolers
>>
>>26400725
Lift, hike, read, go on evening walks, drink more water & tea, eat healthier, practice my cooking and musical skills, avoid indulgence of toxic substances, attempt to maintain a consistent sleep schedule.
>>
>>26400910
being buzzed makes me more motivated to write but if i get hammered its all over
>>
>>26400951
Same with me and my electronics hobbies. I make so much progress at first, then it all goes downhill.
>>
>>26399989
i bought budweiser for the owl and i left a few tins so i'm going with that
>>
>>26400916
I'll manage. If I'm going to fail it'll be because of my procrastination and the booze doesn't affect that
>>
>>26400989
Just retire already, Peyton
>>
File: 1407467086788.gif (103KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1407467086788.gif
103KB, 450x253px
>drinking
>not taking xanax
>>
>>26401059
top lel
i'm a bong, no point in drinking early unless you're drinking a lot
>>
>>26400790

I'll keep an eye out for those two. Oxley sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. I've never seen it in any stores, and the mega liquor store with an online searchable inventory doesn't have either. I don't think Mississippi is the gin lovingest state in America so I'll have to be on the lookout while traveling.
>>
>>26400916

I actually do a lot better in some subjects while drunk, particularly language.
>>
>>26401074
Xanax is GOAT-tier for forgetting. It makes you do some weird shit though, i.e I had totaled the electric fan on my desk for no apparent reason some time back. Be careful with higher doses, don't be a fucking idiot and drive in the middle of the night or something. I've heard stories like this before, of people wrecking their cars and not remembering.
>>
>>26400795
holy shit, where's that? I at least have beer and wine in grocery stores.
>NC here
>from AZ so idk what the real south is
>>
>>26399989
vodka 6 of the night at the moment

pissing around on the net nice and buzzed

will eventually start playing my guitar, fall asleep on the floor an wake up at 10am and go to bed proper for a few hours
>>
>>26401293
The other night I fell asleep on my floor for no good reason. I was next to my bed but it just made sense at the time. I laid down a towel and a makeshift pillow, despite the fact that my bed was right fucking there.
>>
>>26399989
Bankers club vodka. Shit-tier broke ass vodka, but all I can afford so fuck it
>>
>>26400932
You're getting hung up on the number 40. You both posted retarded comparisons.
>>
>>26401722
>You both posted retarded comparisons.
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>26400738

What kind of painkillers?
>>
>>26401774

I always combine alcohol with acetaminophen. Feels good man, especially if you get the good shit, methanol.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.