[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the world slowly getting worse?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: serf vs wagecuck.png (271KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
serf vs wagecuck.png
271KB, 600x456px
Is the world slowly getting worse?
>>
how do you become a serf??
>>
Was being a serf really this comfy, or am I being memed?

I remember learning that the labour was terrible and everything you had was paid to your respective Duke.
>>
>>26345874
It's true info but there were a lot of downsides in addition to these benefits. Industrialization eventually terminated these relationships and was usually not a voluntary process for the serfs or tenants. History isn't as black and white as a progression from bad to good.
>>
>>26345874
History can't be trusted. It's impossible to know for sure.
>>
>>26345724

Can you become amish?

Can you just go up to some amish village and say I wanna live here?

How does it work?
>>
>>26345874
Well just because all those things are true doesn't mean you didn't also
>die at about 30, assuming you survived the harsh labour and possible disease
>have no modern medicine or healthcare
>could have your daughter taken by your landlord, and your son or yourself drafted into military service, where you'd be fighting people significantly more well armoured and trained
>have no possibility of escaping your life, and even if your daughter managed to by marrying up she wouldn't be allowed to help you out at all
>>
>>26345724
serf:
literally have zero free time

spend many hours a day working your masters fields, then work more hours on your own field for mere survival

cant marry anybody unless your lordship approves

no time and energy to enjoy sex, only fuck your wife like 10 times in your whole life, only to produce more people for work

cant travel unless your lordship approves

eat porrige all your life, you will be happy to have meat 2 times in a year

die at the age of 22 of malnutrition and overworking
>>
>>26345724

Ha!

My dad grew up with no running water, Could never sleep properly because grain dust, heat, and dirty sheets. He started working when he was 9. His brother died in the winter. His dad died twenty years early from working hard all his life.

This was in 1960's canada.

Things aren't getting worse, in fact they're returning to state of normalcy, where 80% of the world is dirt poor and the rest are the wealthy ruling class.

Nice try on the infographic though. My dad put us through the same thing to toughen us up, and not a day goes by that I'm not greatful for scalding hot running water.

Our lives are so easy they're laughable.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>26345724
This very well might be the case, except for NEETgods such as myself.
>>
>>26345724
>slowly
I wish.
>>
File: 1452106107229.jpg (38KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452106107229.jpg
38KB, 467x750px
Sure life wasnt all milk and honey for the proletariat.
But there was surely lots of both, not to mention a cozy theme.
Though medicine, hygiene and the likes were poor back then, with that a shorter lifespan, people did fine anyway.
Besides, there wasn't that mentality as we have now, with the focus so live long and miserably, stuffed with pills everyday and what not.
Not to mention how badly it influances for example europe, due high maintnace costs, lack of jobs and slow death of the continent.
You lived Your life to it's fullest, shared the warmth with others, background filled with various folklore, with the people being what we might call the true folk.
There was no need to worry about religion and alike, cause one would believe what one wanted to. From the occult to some lovely or silly lore.
Not to mention the thrill of creating it, the misshapen rumors and stories told by the elderly, passed by the evening fire.
Even though the work would be hard now and then, it also was seasonal, besides it kept You both fed, fit and well.
The acces to unprocessed food or the satisfaction was one of the many prizes itself.
Afterall everyone expirienced at least once this comfy feeling of getting back home after a long day outdoors, full of fresh air, with tired muscles.
To then take a refreshing shower, humming a song along the sound of water drops. Then hop onto bed, take a nap. And either wake up for a new day that might not require as much job, leaving half if not more of the day free, unlike the modern life when You return tired and nauseous couted in gloomy late hours.
Even though people were simple they could spark with more intelligance and reason then the mindless and shallow retard sinking into a mobile screen.
Education wasn't necessary either, nor was it that brainwashing or mindless. People(if they could)attended universities with ambitions to actaully learn. While the scholars would gladly share their knowladge and encourage research,instead of wasting time
>>
>>26345874

It varied wildly depending on the country, time period and temperament of the landowner you were working for/owned by. It could have been comfy or or could have been literal slavery where the rich used you as currency and a couple dozen serfs was considered a fair trade for a good horse, aka your life was worth almost nothing.
>>
>>26346296

>People showered during the dark ages.

Might wanna scale back the morphine dosage.

It's noon and you're already in la la land.
>>
>>26346020

pls rzpnd
>>
>>26346062
Generally in England and France, unless you had a cruel as fuck landlord, you and each of your family members owed only around one day of direct service a week. The rest of week you usually worked on your rented land for your family's needs. And dying at 30 is a meme.
>>
>>26346408
Yes, you can. But you have to abide by their religious and social customs, and some might look down on you for being an outsider.
>>
>>26346433

>The short lifespan was a meme.

Dude, you can't just make shit up, lol.

Lifespans WERE shorter
>>
File: yQIyPkc.jpg (214KB, 926x853px) Image search: [Google]
yQIyPkc.jpg
214KB, 926x853px
>>26346368
That part regarded the exemplary feeling after coming back from exercise, thus the shower.
I spoke of poor hygiene back at the time not wihout a reason.
But I like my wonderlands, Thank You.
>>
>>26346510
People usually died either as a child/infant or in their 50's
>>
>>26346510
They were shorter, but the "30-40yr" life expectancy was life expectancy FROM BIRTH, it was caused by high infant mortality, not by people dying of old-age at fucking forty
>>
>>26346603
>>26346669

I'm about to raise the mortality rate on both you cunts.
>>
>>26346669
No, they didn't die at 40 because of old age, they did at 40 ebcause a disease, like a heart issue etc...that could be cured now could fuck them up really bad bck then.
>>
>>26346685
Just accept that you are wrong. While being apart a better society, Romans still usually worked the field all day, had a grain based diet, and experienced drought and disease. Yet the triarii regiments usually had soldiers between the ages of 35 and 40.
>>
File: 6kvUZfr.jpg (29KB, 552x424px) Image search: [Google]
6kvUZfr.jpg
29KB, 552x424px
At least we have a choice now faggot. No one is forcing you to eat corn or marry a slut.
>>
>>26346471
This.
It's fairly easy to convert (they'll take anyone, as long as you sincerely follow their belief system), and it's sort of the benefits of serfdom with the benefits of modern life (health care if needed, normal lifespan, some access to technology, etc.) but it's a shit ton of hard work, and you have to convert to their religious beliefs 100% or at least seem like you're doing that.

On the plus side though, a lot of Amish girls are cute and sweet (although they don't age well), and you can also leave if you want to (they don't force you to stay, but you can't really come back, unless you were born into it). Hell, you could probably convert, stay 10ish years until your wife is firmly attached to you and you've saved up some money (the Amish are often relatively financially successful) and then leave with your wife (they usually do what the husband says), but that'd be a long shot and full of gambles and there's a ton of reason people don't really do that.

Also, the Amish vary a lot from place to place. I've lived in PA and IN, and the PA Amish are way more aloof, closed off, die-hard and anti-social than the IN Amish, who are more open to technology and outsiders.
>>
>>26346669
>>26346685
>>26346749
You're all both right, and wrong.

Infant mortality, as well as disease and war, kept the lifespan short. You could live easily into your 60s-70s or beyond, but you had to rely on not only surviving infancy and childhood, but also avoiding diseases and injuries that are now survivable and were back then far more widespread.

It wasn't common because of that, but people didn't die of old age at 40 and they didn't all die at 40 either. A ton of people lived into their 60s and 70s but you had to be lucky as fuck to get there.
>>
>>26346098
Read actual accounts of Serfs. Yes, there were shit times, but Serfs (at least in Russia) were famous for having good times.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.