[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R9K's Anime Recommendation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: hover.png (4KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
hover.png
4KB, 300x250px
I've been watching Mushi-Shi, not really sure if I like it so far, it's kind of eerie.

My favorites are NGE, FMA: Brotherhood, TTGL and Code Geass.

Also, anime discussion general if you guys want.
>>
File: Anime Recommendation.jpg (2MB, 2004x2805px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Recommendation.jpg
2MB, 2004x2805px
Here's the spoonfeeding you're looking for. Now get out.
>>
>>26308889
Wow those all suck ...
>>
File: 1453436757739.png (373KB, 791x894px) Image search: [Google]
1453436757739.png
373KB, 791x894px
>>26308857
Rune Soldier Louie
Record of Lodoss War
Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
GJ-BU
OniAi
Monster Musume
>>
File: 1444580777147-1.jpg (52KB, 720x780px) Image search: [Google]
1444580777147-1.jpg
52KB, 720x780px
>>26308857
I just made the same thread on /a/, but apparently it's not allowed. Any good anime that's cute, ak, like welcome to the nhk, or just plain great animation?
Also, I recommend shiki if you haven't yet seen it. Definitely one of my favorites so far.
>>
Anyone else watch one or two episodes of an anime and never watch again?
>>
>>26309619
>mushi-shi
>cowboy bebop
>kill la kill
>naruto
I usually don't like to leave a story unfinished, but I really didn't like these.
>>
>>26308961

Serei no Moribito and Bokurano are good series and most of the movie suggestions i agree with

I'll also recommend the Gundam OVAs from the nineties, they are better than the series.
>>
>TTGL
>Code Gease
>FMA
Just watch every shitty action shounen, then.
>>
>>26308857
Oni Chichi
Princess Knight Janne
Resort Boin
Milk Junkies

Decent animes
>>
>>26309619
Damn, all the time basically.

I do this for a lot of things, a lot of people make fun of me because I eat half of my donut and throw the rest away even though i have more
>>
>K-ON
>Yuru Yuri
>Watashi-ga-Motenai-no-wa-Dou-Kangaetemo-Omaera-ga-Warui
>Lucky star
>kodomo no jikan

My favorite so far
>>
File: 7nPIzZg.jpg (22KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
7nPIzZg.jpg
22KB, 375x305px
>>26308857
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online
Death Note
One Punch

everything else is pretentious shit suggested by /a/fags. Theres a reason nthese shows are mainstream and its because they're good.
>>
>>26310184
No, it's because they appeal to the largest demographic the most, which is 13 - 17 year old boys. The market for women's beauty products is a much bigger seller than men's, because women are a much bigger demographic.

Anime studios put out what sells and becomes popular, and what will sell the most is what appeals to the biggest demographic. For anime, this is younger boys with simpler minds that are pleased with watching shitty action on the screen.
>>
>>26310267
what sells more merch is echhi shit which isn't what the mainstream watches.
keep convincing yourself that you have superior tastes.
>>
File: 1449877104134.png (155KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1449877104134.png
155KB, 500x278px
Arc-V

Is apparently unoriginal
>>
Mawaru Penguindrum
Welcome to the NHK
Planetes
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Hyouka
Beck
Katanagatari
Shirobako
Haibane Renmei
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
Paranoia Agent

K-On!
>>
>>26310184
SAO is shit tier m8 the mc is a mary sue with no character development and the plot sucks
>>
>>26310184
OPM is just a power fantasy, don't bother watching it.
>>
>>26310461
OPM is a parody of all anime.
>>
>>26310475
>Liking parodies
Parodies are a cancer.
>>
>>26310314
The American and Japanese markets are different. The American market is mainly the action shounen watchers, while the Japanese market is the stereotypical fat autist that loves ecchi or anything with a strong leading girl that becomes a waifu of many.

Toonami was on Cartoon Network, a station for kids. It played many popular action shounens, because they're for younger kids. It's the same in Japan. They'll play the shounens on TV stations for younger audiences, probably, but I don't know about this one as much.

>what sells more is ecchi shit
That doesn't make sense. Why would all the action shounens get the biggest budgets? Because they will sell more, there's more profit to be made, because even though there's less superautist, basement dwelling waifufags for the popular shounenshit, there's enough younger people that spend their money or their parents' money to make up for it. The demographic is less intense, but so much bigger that it still makes up for it.

They sell Naruto toys in the kids' sections at toy stores, for fuck sake. Obviously kids are the main ones that go for the popular shit, and kids are retarded.

>keep convincing yourself that you have superior tastes
Project harder. It's been years since I watched anime, I don't even care about it. I'm just not an idiot, and surprise surprise, the idiot here (this is you by the way) is the one that likes shitty action shounens made for children/very young adults.
>>
>>26310608
Crouton you can be pretty cool but man does your autism get triggered sometimes
>>
>>26310608
TL;DR
L
D
R
>>
File: 78oiDpJ.png (414KB, 543x409px) Image search: [Google]
78oiDpJ.png
414KB, 543x409px
>finally watch Lain
>mfw I'm stupid and I don't get it
>>
>>26308857

I also like NGE and would recommend it to anybody.

If you haven't seen Hunter x Hunter(2011), check it out. Evangelion and HxH are probably my personal favorites.

My other must-watch shows are Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

After that, check out Paranoia Agent, Hellsing Ultimate, Katanagatari, Redline, Tatami Galaxy, Steins Gate, and Madoka Magica.

These are the only shows I recommend out of the gate without knowing more about personal taste. Happy watching fellow otaku.
>>
File: 5.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>26310675
>>26310686
I shouldn't have expected anything less, but somehow I did
>>
>>26308857

Holy shit, are you me? Those are literally my favorite animes. I don't ever post that on /a/ because they're pretentious. I don't care if it's not patrician.

Check out the 2011 Hunter x Hunter series. It's on hiatus though and likely will never be finished.

Let's get some get action anime recommendations going, should I check out Fate/Stay Night? Also, there was an anime my friend had on, I only saw one episode, but there was a guy/creature in dark armor who looked really strong but then he got obliterated by one of the main characters who summoned a ton of swords to rain down on him.

The animation was really good and I think it might've been an earlier episode. Any ideas?
>>
>>26309619
Girls Und Panzer, couldn't make it through the second episode.
>>
>>26309619
yuru yuri

it's too much. it makes my teeth hurt.
>>
Detroit Metal City
Koe de Oshigoto
Ryu Ku Bu
Accel World
Osomatsu San
Yokai Watch
Another (comedy GOAT)
Tamako Market
Yawara
Utena
C3-bu
Mugen no Ryvius
Overlord

Your welcome familio
>>
>>26308857
your taste is like one tier above shounencuck

you'd probably like most of the stuff on this guy >>26310727 's list, but I wouldn't say all of it is good.

if you want to be a patrician start cultivating a taste for shoujo.
>>
>>26311007
Battle programmer Shirase
Golden Boy
Figure 17
Pani Poni Dash
Joshiraku
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.