[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do I get a job? >22 and have never had one before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (15KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 512x287px
How the hell do I get a job?
>22 and have never had one before
>>
You get a really shit job that not even immigrants wanna do.

Or you go back into education for as long as possible and become an academic.
>>
>>26286265
Like where, I've been applying to all sort of places?
>>
>>26286187
-read about and learn skills someone needs
-know someone
-temp agencies, university career center, websites, classifieds, apply in person
-do an internship at uni and get a degree

those are all teh ways
>>
File: hey.png (49KB, 190x182px) Image search: [Google]
hey.png
49KB, 190x182px
>>26286187
Are you NEET? Do you have a degree?
>>
>>26286578
Currently studying accounting but basically a NEET
>>
>>26286785
Have you had any internships yet?
>>
>>26286785
then start looking on websites that list jobs for people with accounting degrees. Likely there'll be internships or co-ops that can be applied for. Start applying, anon.
>>
>>26286795
>>26286818

No I've applied to a bunch but had no luck, so I figured I'd try and get a job to both earn some cash and maybe use as a reference for an internship
>>
Find a company that gets your foot in the door with a job. If you can get an interview thats a good step.
Worst case scenario start doing unpaid voluntary work.
>>
>>26286842
Sounds like a good call. Beefing up your resume with another job will definitely help your chances when applying to more competitive jobs and internships (as will shit like volunteer work).

Although, keep in mind that you shouldn't necessarily get discouraged if you apply to a bunch of online internships/jobs and get rejected. You need to be applying to like, 5 a day. There are so many people applying for these internships (since everyone sees them online) that it's hard to have much luck unless you apply at a bunch of places.

Are you planning on becoming a CPA?
>>
Do employers hire people with no job history, What response is good when they ask me that question?
>>
>>26286941
Ideally you'll be applying for entry level work in the first place.

Regardless, you should be able to point to your performance at school or in extra curriculars as evidence that you're responsible and hardworking.
>>
>>26286885
I figured I'd see what qualification I'd need as it depends on the firm, but probably yes
>Australian so the two big qualifications are CPA and CA, CA being the equivalent of the US's CPA
>>
>>26286963
What if I have very few extra curriculars as I'm a recovering NEET?
>>
>>26286187
The fact is that about 10% of the US population is no longer needed for work since most of it has been streamlined or outsourced. you are one of the people we no longer need. have you considered suicide?
>>
>>26287060

Then your resume isn't going to look as good. Sorry.
>>
>>26286187
Military or trades (electrician, plumber, etc.), Especially trades. Require hard work but pay well and people will respect you.
>>
>>26289074
Any tips on geeting an apprenticeship then?
>I don't think that people with very little if any employment history appeals to them
>>
>>26286785
>haha I'm just studying accounting full time at university; I'm a quirky NEET just like you guys!~ xD

gas yourself normie scum
>>
>>26289998
Lol, I'm enrolled but didn't take any subjects over the summer
>don't have a job, not currently studying, am in a trade
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.