[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw poor >tfw surviving on peanut butter and hotpockets

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: homer.jpg (152KB, 512x336px) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
152KB, 512x336px
>tfw poor
>tfw surviving on peanut butter and hotpockets
Fuck you and your tfwnogf nonproblems, dipshits
>>
>>26275913
I know that feel.
I was so poor I ended in the street for a night.
Also once I had to survive on nothing but scrambled eggs and oranges because I couldn't literally afford anything else (oranges because it was winter, so better to eat vitamin C or die out of a cold).
>>
>>26275913
>tfw rich
>tfw own apartment
>tfw money to buy take out any day
And yet last night sleeping in the floor next to my onetis while all I ate was some Pepsi he bought felt better than any daybof loneliness :)
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1440x1080px
>>26275913
You are joking? You could've got good grades and went to college, and you would be middle class or better now. People without a gf didn't choose to be this way.
>>
>In HS
>83% average

How fucked am I?
>>
>>26276518
My grades were worse, then I dropped out of college. Now I'm 26 and make $60 an hour as a linux sysadmin consulting.
>>
>PB and hot pockets
beans and rice would be cheaper. PB isn't so expensive, but hot pockets sure as fuck are for what they are
>>
>>26276545
Fucking awesome. Best I can do is community college at this point
>>
>>26276547
OP probably can't cook for shit.
I would recommend eggs with oatmeal. Literally needs zero cooking skill. Oats will keep your system free of excessive cholesterol
>>
File: tunapatty.png (643KB, 609x1363px) Image search: [Google]
tunapatty.png
643KB, 609x1363px
textlessposthasbeenallowed
>>
>>26275913
If you're "poor" then you shouldn't be buying hot pockets you moron.
>>
It would be cheaper to if you learned to cook.
Then you could make your own "hotpockets" for a fraction of the cost, among many cheap things.

Being a poorfag all my life it was drilled into me that knowing how to cook is vital and try not to spend money or premade shit unless you work so hard you don't have time or energy to cook.
>>
>>26276547
>>26276821
>>26277079
>>26277213
Op is obviously an idiot
>>
>>26277213
What are some essential poor fag meals?
>>
>>26277270
Scrambled eggs, Oatmeal, Beans, Rice.
Pasta soup can also be a good alternative, you can make plenty for relative little cost. The downside of it is that if you don't have a fridge you have to reheat it plenty so it lasts. You can make it with tomato if you have spare cash or simply with knorr or similar if you don't have much cash.
>>
>>26276518
Nobody gives a shit about high school grades, go to cc and get good grades and transfer.
>>
>>26276429
Fucking this. I worked my ass off to get where I am, but no amount of work will make me less ugly.
>>
>>26275913
>poor
>buying hotpockets and peanut butter to live off
I suspect you're not poor because of misfortune, you're obviously a fool.

Cheap-ass noddles or rice are the most energy you can get for the price, buy a load of them to avoid hunger.

To avoid malnutrition, bulk-buy eggs, they have a lot of what your body needs. There's lots of ways to prepare eggs if you want variety.

Add fish and greens (green cabbage is good) once a week if you can afford them and you have successfully avoided death by stupidity.
>>
File: 135432567536.jpg (67KB, 484x593px) Image search: [Google]
135432567536.jpg
67KB, 484x593px
>tfw mentally ill
>tfw poverty
>tfw relatives have to buy me groceries and clothes
>tfw doctor and therapist are both advising me to drop out and move in with them because I am incapable of taking care of myself
>>
File: 1326316085922885.jpg (26KB, 440x485px) Image search: [Google]
1326316085922885.jpg
26KB, 440x485px
>have a bunch of money
>all given to me by dad
>also a bunch of shares from his companies, he owns a majority and I hold the rest
>if I own anything I cannot get welfare
>I'm a dumbass NEET who can't do anything on his own
>don't even know how to ride a bus
>companies are such that the only person who would want to buy my minority share is my dad
>feel guilt over him giving me a lot of money over the years
>don't have enough cash to move to a new city or get an apartment on my own
>can't get welfare due to owning shares, which are considered liquid wealth
>only person that could buy them is not gonna do it
>stuck where I am due to having too much wealth

It's a pretty bizarre situation desu. I even tried talking about it with social workers and stuff, but they can't really help me at all.
>>
>>26275958
how did you make it back to safety anon?
>>
>>26277649
I had to ask for refugee with an ex boss I had. He let me sleep in his house.
He said come to bed, but I said fuck that shit nigga, I am not getting raped.
I slept in the floor during that time.
I slowly worked my way out from that misery for a few months until my mother took me back into the house.
>>
>>26277630
>don't even know how to ride a bus
What? I can't imagine being in such a situation unless you have downs syndrome or something.
>>
>>26277770
I know that you step into it and eventually find a seat, but how do you buy a ticket? Does cash work? Is it only debit card? Do they accept credit cards? How do I tell the guy I want to get off? What if I get lost and don't know where I am?
>>
>>26275913
>tfw mom gave me $65k they day i turned 18

its overrated.
>>
>>26277875
>its overrated.
Well yea, you still have to work for the rest of ur life with 65k.

Only poorfags say money is overrated.
>>
>>26277630
>waaaaa I'm too rich
>but I can't afford a shitty 1 bedroom basement apartment for like 600 a month

Yeah nah ur just bullshitting, lazy, stupid, or all 3
>>
>>26278015
Now i got ~$200k but i still gotta work for the rest of my life and i cant spend the money bc i feel like im suppose to not spend them JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>26278167
Invest it into vanguard, save as much as you can the next 10 years and invest that too, hopefully you can retire within 20 years this way.
>>
>>26275913
Try living outside in the winter for three month catching and eating the fat squirrels that couldn't get away. I lived off acorns I dug up when I couldn't catch anything and drank water from a creek.

I don't even want to hear it. Suffering is relative, faggot. I pulled myself up and now I'm a richfag.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 613x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 613x606px
>yfw OP is a mod
>>
>>26275913
peanu butter and jelly is not that bad, suck it up. earn money and eat better. i personally look for sales on campbell's chunky soups where they're 1.50 each. oatmeal with dried raisins and brown sugar is not a bad breakfast meal. canned fruit can be found in sales and on the cheap. food is fucking cheap bro. the fact that you're complaining about that tells me you don't buy your own fucking health insurance. thats what fucking kills me now.

seriously fuck obama so goddamn much man.
>>
>>26276873
Is it weird that I eat tuna straight from the can?

shits good
>>
>>26276873
what am i a goddamn starving african? 300 cals will last me like an hour. i need at least 700 per meal to feel even slightly full. then i go on a hike.
>>
>>26278536
This is a thread about poorfag food, if you're a starving poorfag it's not a good idea to be burning all your energy everyday.
>>
>>26278167
What you're essentially saying is: "oh god I have to work like everyone else but with a huge safety net so I've got no money worries"

Sit down for a minute and think about your situation. Surely it's irrational to feel hard done by in your position? You likely have problems but they're not about the money because you sound very secure. Consider what's actually making you feel bad.
>>
>REEEEE I DESERVE A GF

most bullshit thing ever, even if you parents told you everyone should have a gf at some point (and you consider your parents to be the more mature, more educated) don't fucking believe them.
a girlfriend, especially pre-marriage is a fucking luxary.
you need to have a car
you need to have a place
you need to have a job
on paper its basic but lets face it, that's alot shit especially for someone under 30
>>
>>26276873
>that pic
You know nobody actually does this outside of some hipster diet gurus right?
>>
>>26278583
you must not live in the US. i live off of cheap food and less than 20,000 dollars a year. i never go hungry.

300 cals per meal is hungry little chinaman tier. i ate that when i was like three years old.
>>
>>26278267
I dont know. Just bought an apartment with the money (1 year ago). maybe ill sell in some years and buy a small plot of land out in nowhere and then invest 95% of the money

>>26278639
Im a robot not a fucking chad normiefag no money will make me happy
>>
You are a fucking idiot, OP. There are a lot better, cheaper sources of food for you if you know how to properly cook.

>Get 15lb bag of rice for really cheap for $20
>use it as filler
>lasts for 6 months
>Get oats for $2
>get many breakfast from it
>buy chicken breasts
>20 servings for $7
And that's just the start. Sure, some taste bland, like lima beans. But that's what spices are for.

You got yourself to blame for being a poorfag.
>>
>>26278756
>15lb rice
>lasts for 6 months

>Get oats for $2

wtf so you eat 2.5 lb rice a month retard? Fucking underagefag
>>
>Poor
>Buying hotpockets
Think I found your problem. You're a retard that's bad with money like most Americans.
>>
>>26278741
>Im a robot not a fucking chad normiefag no money will make me happy
Exactly my point, you were complaining about your financial situation when it's not really a problem for you. You're fixating on the money again by saying "no money will make me happy".
>>
>>26276547
>beans and rice would be cheaper
This OP, stop being a fat fuck and ditch the hot pockets. I survived for months in college on nothing but rice, beans, hot sauce, and peanuts and caffeine powder.
>>
I eat but hotdogs, pasta with tuna and some times meat with potatoes.
>>
>>26278823
>I don't know how to cook rice.
Thanks for proving your idiocy.
>>
>>26278756
>buy chicken breasts
That's not how you save money. Whole chickens are usually cheaper for the amount of meat (as long as you're not a fussy faggot who only easts breast and drumstick), supermarkets often have deals on whole chickens, and you can make stock from the bones and other inedible pieces to give flavour to some other meals.
>>
>>26276429
>>26277408
Working on your personality would have gotten you plenty of bad bitches
>>
>>26275913
>>26278756
This, also buying a big box of oatmeal. It's very cheap, filling and you can flavor it with your peanut butter. I can't say beans enough. Buy beans. Kale is very nutrient-rich and literally costs a dollar for a fresh bunch.

Beans+Vegetable broth+Kale in a slowcooker is a cheap and nutritious meal. This will cost you ~3$ for 5+ servings.
>>
>>26278950
If you're going that far you might as well raise chickens. Why aren't you trying to raise chickens? Are you a fussy faggot? Afraid the rooster will chase you?
>>
Been there many times OP. Block of cheese and no individual slices, eggs, bread, cheap boxed Mac & cheese (should be like $.60 for a box). check your local "hood" every weekend someone will be giving out free bread. Don't listen to the idiot saying buy the whole chicken, no one wants to deal with an entire bird, breast are a better investment if you lack time. Batter for pancakes is cheap too but pancakes are fucking disgusting
>>
>>26279049
>If you're going that far
>buying and eating a whole chicken is "going that far"
Seems pretty reasonable to me
>>
>>26279117
And it seems very reasonable to me that if you want to save money, you'd raise your own chickens. After all, you also get eggs out of the deal, along with fertilizer to plant into the garden to grow more cheap food.
>>
>>26278756
>15lb of rice for $20

Fuck this, my subhuman 3d world country is shit but with 20$ i can buy almost 80lbs of rice
>>
>>26279144
Growing your own veg is pretty good actually, if you're luckily to have enough open space to make it worthwhile. And I know you're being facetious, but unless you're working non-stop, you have time to cook a chicken one evening, and the meat will last you several days, meaning you have more time on those other days. All while saving money.
>>
>>26278938
>15lb rice in 6 months
>42 grams a day

sure is good
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.