[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a bigger oxymoron than "Social Anxiety Support

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Rehab-Programs-860x450.jpg (75KB, 860x450px) Image search: [Google]
Rehab-Programs-860x450.jpg
75KB, 860x450px
Is there a bigger oxymoron than "Social Anxiety Support Group?" I'm assuming the only people who go to such things are attention whore snowflakes who think social anxiety is "quirky" and makes them unique. My therapist keeps trying to convince me to go but I have a very bad feeling about it.
>>
I d q the best way to get over social anxiety might be to get out of your confort zone and there's probably no better way to start doing that than with other people sharing the same kind of problems
>>
>>26268066
I've been to one myself. The people were really nice, the counsellors were the kind of people who would host children's tv programs. The people who went, girls and guys, would definitely not fit in in the normie world but unlike most on r9k they have a childish innocence about them, everything that comes out of their mouth is just pure and sweet, not a mean word to say about anyone. They made me look like a normie. One word, quasimodo, but they're the best kind of people out there.
>>
>>26268170
I could see myself falling for this and then going to a support group and being around a bunch of rude, judgmental normies.
>>
>>26268170
See, I really want to believe this, but I just know that if I went to one it would be filled with people like this:

https://youtu.be/e5Kvgdi9mDU
>>
>>26268208
people like this >>26268268 don't go there, well they do, I was one of them, they go there for one session, like I did and never come back.

Why? Because they're judgemental assholes who think they're better than the others in the group. Going to a group like this for a normie would mean getting put into the 'special' group at school. It crushes what shred of self-esteem they have left so they flee, like I did.

You have to fully accept you are a loser and be okay with it to be apart of this group. You have to abandon all hope of life getting better. The kids in these groups are genuine pure hearts who've had the world stomp on their face yet they still want to live, they cling onto hope despite everything. Normies couldn't survive in such an environment.

I actually recommend you don't go, these people have suffered enough and don't need robots and their toxic world views fucking up the one thing they have left, their little support group. Leave them the fuck alone.
>>
>>26268384
I'm a pure heart, man. Your baseless insults are hurting my feelings.
>>
Bump
bloxoxox
>>
I went to one and I paid a shitload of money for an entire course of them

Yeah it was basically normal people telling eachother stories about how "they feel so alone, even when surrounded by friends" and that kind of shit

I didnt say anything, because I couldnt get past my inhibition to say anything useful, during the break they all made friends and started talking about their personal lives and joking etc

I didnt go back to any further ones, despite paying several hundred for the course
>>
>>26270264

Normies are such scum
>>
It makes me laugh when every single thing in the world is NORMIES REEEEEE.
All of you are faggots living in the first world, with barely any practical issues, yet you have victim complexes the size of a grand canyon.
>>
>>26268268
>black and white video
>sorrowful piano music

am i supposed to be taking this video seriously
>>
Here in east europe I've met some really fucked up people in these groups but there is ALWAYS one normie faggot who will snag the remotely attractive girl and it just fucking pisses me off. He will of course dominate the group talks with his bullshit. Every fucking time when he shouldn't even be there.
>>
File: group of bored looking starfish.png (244KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
group of bored looking starfish.png
244KB, 500x375px
>>26270580
the exact same thing happened in my group
literally the first opportunity he had, he was articulately joking around with her and making her giggle like a fucking moron and i think he spent most of the night talking about how he sometimes felt overwhelmed by his high paying career or some inconsequential shit

the dynamics of human society are just awful
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>26270338

ThirdWorldFag here, it doesnt matter if you live in the US, europe, india or south america, living with social anxiety, mild autism or any other robot issue feels way worse than you may think of.

having said that, i'll just proceed with the GET OUT OF MY BOARD, NORMIE. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thing.

have a nice day.
>>
File: 1390607074466.png (355KB, 661x721px) Image search: [Google]
1390607074466.png
355KB, 661x721px
>was forced to go to one
>went to please my mom
>people kept trying to talk to me
>teacher kept concentrating on me

i just wanted to go once and make like a ghost in the background but they wouldn't let me
>>
>>26268384
fuck the innocent, i've realized my life is worthless and i have no empathy for anyone more happy than myself
>these people have suffered enough
what, my suffering isn't good enough for you? fuck the starving africans and fuck your support group.
>>
>>26270264
>they feel so alone, even when surrounded by friends
why the fuck is the word friend so devalued?
if you feel alone around them, they aren't your fucking friends, they're acquaintances at best.
>>
>>26268268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvpIxCCtwM

yeh this girl looks like she really struggles with social anxiety, girls just can't fail at life and become loner freaks, it's almost impossible
>>
I love how you guys mock and reject any chance of getting help. I'm genuinely happy all of you will die alone. You deserve it.
>>
>>26270822
If your just world fallacy about us being bad people were true, then people as awful as you would have been nailed to a tree long ago
>>
>>26268066
I remember when I was 11 I would go to group therapy. The majority of us had social anxiety so it was kind of like one. We were all about the same age and it was nice. We shared our bullying and problems together. And tried to get help from each other

>did it help me?
no, I already had a method to deal with that shit. Which was avoiding/pretending and it's fine although people say its unhealthy.

Other people there messed up and made there problems worse to the point where it would be immensely hard to recover to normal life. So it was unlikely they could get help unless they do something big by themselves.
>>
>>26270850

It's nothing to do with a just world. You have an opportunity to get help and you refuse it, and then complain about your condition. You make no effort to improve anything at all and ostracize those that do.

Literal crabs in a bucket.
>>
>>26268066

Or maybe an effective way to deal with social anxiety is by slowly acclimating yourself to social situations in a controlled environment, you fucking moron.

>everyone who doesnt lock themselves in their room and spend all day on /r9k/ is faking it
>>
>>26270950
Youre just assuming things now

The only reason youre here is to snap at random people you dont know so you can feel better about yourself

Youre just an awful human being
>>
>>26270822
>>26270950
>Condition predisposes you to rejecting help
>You deserve to suffer for rejecting help!
That's some amount of empathy, Anon.
>>
Normies absolutely LOVE to set themselves apart from other normies with bullshit reasons

>take legitimate disorders and mental conditions and turn them into jokes (OCD, depression, anxiety).
>claim to be "nerds" and "geeks".
>pretend to be quirky and zany, when really they're just a little annoying.

Look at The Office, an uber popular nomie show. Jim is the protagonist and is generic and fuck. He likes sports and nothing else. Then look at Dwight. Huns a working farm, a B&B, does martial arts, rebuilds trains, drives and maintains an old car, makes wine, hunts, volunteers as a sheriff, wears non-traditional clothing colors, likes bobble heads etc etc. And he's mocked for being "weird".

Normies HATE real nonconformity, but they like to make themselves seem different enough to attract attention.
>>
>>26271158
but everyone who has watched the office loves dwight
>>
>>26271197

They love to hate Dwight. They laugh AT him, not with him. Only rarely is Dwight depicted as a human being (crying after Angela breaks up with him) as opposed to a freak.
>>
Real life human connections are important for getting over all and every mental illness. Make friends, they all have anxiety of some degree, maybe not as severe as yours, but some definitely will have more severe anxiety than you (panic attacks, constantly shaking due to nervousness, etc.)

Make friends, anon. You can do so in a group like that.
>>
>>26268066
If you have social anxiety, sitting in a circle with a group of strangers is something you would never fucking do.
All social anxiety support groups are just gangs of normies who just want to torment some poor beta's.
Its a trap. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>26271274
You cant, ive been to these sessions, people from /r9k/ would be the most severely affected in their group BY FAR

Youll be the weird and out of place guy even in an SA support group
>>
>>26271289
Thats just your mental illness, self-doubt and extreme self awareness making you think you are the "weirdest". Everyone in those sessions are worrying about themselves, each thinking they are the weirdest and the most anxious.

In other words, you are exactly like them. You're not a special snowflake with SUPER DUPER~ anxiety.
>>
>>26271342
No, as in they were literally all talking together during the sessions, most of them were talking about their SOs and their careers

Meanwhile I was sitting on a pillow thinking about how many light years better than me all these people were, thats not insecurity just reality, I couldnt even force my mouth open to say anything relevant, and what would have been the point really?
>>
>>26271430
Why do you think them having those things makes them better than you? A Buddhist monk is content eating stale bread and water daily.
>>
>>26271692
Because they are capable of doing things that I cant do despite wanting them very badly, its pretty simple
>>
>>26268066
Types of people in social anxiety support groups
>Girls who are stressed about homework
>Girls who are in a fight with a friend
>Normies who try to fit in too much, basically failed chads and stacies who are still trying to be normies
>>
>>26270805
Rage flows through me
here is your stupid fucking original comment robot
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.