[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>school assignment to recursively solve problem >any language

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1453410336520.jpg (304KB, 1280x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1453410336520.jpg
304KB, 1280x1274px
>school assignment to recursively solve problem
>any language you want
>friend dares me to do it in javascript
>ok
>the last 15 hours I've been screaming and crying about why my code gets thrown into infinite for loops
>realize that javascript has no sense of scope, every variable is global
>have to take a zero on assignment tomorrow
>homework is 50% of the grade in that class
>this means I don't get to graduate this year and have another year of this shit
what's the quickest way to kill yourself
>>
>>26266126
That sucks, man.
Are you sure you can't do anything about it?
>>
>>26266126
1, assignment 50% of your grade, cool story bro
>>
>>26266126
>Not killing off loops
>Not using 'if'

Fuck its been too long since I fucked around with javascript

go ask
>>>/g/
>>
>>26266126
> >realize that javascript has no sense of scope, every variable is global
What? Do you ever know about the 'var' keyword?

Anyway, get rekt. You totally deserved it.
>>
>>26266126
But anon, JS has scope. What's the question?
>>
>>26266126
retarded ?
just write the correct code down then

why didnt you just copy it in the first place btw ? take it sleazy
>>
>>26266784
this guy knows what's up
anyway if you're doing anything recursive and you aren't using a language that supports tco then you're a fool
enjoy your stack overflow exceptions
>>
>>26266126
Don't give up anon. Switch to a more sensible language you know and redo the assignment that way instead of complaining on Fijian kava brewing boards
>>
File: 1453511185216.png (168KB, 748x756px) Image search: [Google]
1453511185216.png
168KB, 748x756px
>this is what "computer" "science" majors do at university
>easiest of all STEM majors and yet they still fuck everything up on the regular
>>
why would you purposefully make an assignment worth 50% of your mark more difficult for yourself knowing if you fucked it up it would cost you another year?
>>
>>26266126
Swap to C or C++ and search Stack Overflow for another fucktard who did the same as you.
How cam you not graduate? Talk to the fucking lecturer/whatever about extension/extra credit.
>>
>>26267880
Shit, the only course we had at uni that had javascript was one from the web design program (we have a common first year and then split into focused programs), everyone who had come from a programming background or did well in the first two programming courses (python and java respectively) HATED it because JS is so terrible, everyone who barely passed those courses or came from a web dev background loved it because their shitty terrorcode actually worked.

Basically what I'm saying is this isn't normal for comp sci, and that javascript is the fucking devil.
>>
>>26267928
>>26267894
it's a troll post.
first, nobody is so retarded as to spend 15 hours trying to solve a problem in javascript when presumably it would take much less in any other language. second, he could just translate the code
>>
Fuckin' feminists.
>>
>>26267944
javascript is fine you turd burglar
just because people are retarded and don't understand closures or continuation passing doesn't make it a bad language
>>
>>26267944
>>26268100
I second this, if you don't understand it your a retread. Prototypes make shit easy as pie.

PS. Web JS is barely programming
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.