[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>schizophrenic >slowly learn to live with it >took years

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1423714050502.gif (37KB, 222x135px) Image search: [Google]
1423714050502.gif
37KB, 222x135px
>schizophrenic
>slowly learn to live with it
>took years for me to really unpackage my paranoia and delusions and unfuck myself up
>start behaving like a quasi-normal human being without using medications, finding success in life again
>get a job that's actually in my field
>girl at work starts paying attention to me
>she's always bubbly, always trying to talk to me despite me trying to keep socialization to a minimum because of how oversocialization affects my psyche
>overhear her talking to some other coworker about how hot she thinks I am
>I think she's pretty too but I know I can't handle a relationship, the one and only time I slept with a girl I had a panic attack and assaulted her, fortunately she was too drunk to remember
>still makes me nervous
>brain says no but everything else says yes
>voices start up again
>keep seeing things moving around the yard outside when I know nothing is there
>keep seeing my mother's face in everything

Fucking succubi ruin everything.
>>
What kind of medication you on? Stay off the grass.
>>
>>26262600
schizos dont really hallucinate bro at least not like you claim, schizos are basically paranoid autist
>>
>>26262600
Schizophrenia is neurodegenerative. The longer you go without medicine, the more brain damage you will accrue.

Seriously, how do you not know this? Did you not research it at all?
>>
>the one and only time I slept with a girl I had a panic attack and assaulted her, fortunately she was too drunk to remember

Were you molested or something?
>>
>>26262625
None. Fuck medication, I don't want any pills fucking with my brain, I don't do any drugs.

>>26262652
It's not like I'm seeing visions of shit, I see movement where there is none, and I find patterns where there are none.
>>
>>26262652
Not OP, but schizophrenia causes all sort of auditory and visual hallucinations in its more potent forms. Just look it up on YouTube or some shit, theres a guy that knows he's hallucinating and kinda tells the camera about what he's seeing or hearing
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (231KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
231KB, 863x752px
>>26262600
enjoy the ride
lie die rye shy pie fry tie nigh high
>>
>>26262652
>schizos dont really hallucinate bro

Yeah they do lol. The violent skitzies tell good freak out stories of murdering people because demonic aliens sacked their house.
>>
>>26262705
Take your fucking meds you mess. God its better than living in constant panic. Yeah they dull you out a bit but its not unmanageable. At least then maybe you'll score with the qt.
>>
Fuck these normalfags talking about meds, anti-psychotics are literally neurotoxic and just make you dull and thoughtless.
>>
>>26262671
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19235629

there is no clear cut determination of whether it is or not but the evidence I'm aware of leans towards it not being degenerative. Function is lost at onset but does not get progressively worse.
>>
>>26262789
this

I'm diagnosed as schizoeffective and bipolar and hate the medicine. The side effects are worse than the mental illness.
>>
>>26262789
I just take the meds because I want to destroy my creativity and productivity.
Fuck giving this world something worth shit.
>>
>>26262789
Dull/sleepy>Hearing voices all day long while you're trying to live a normal life.

Hope to see OP on cnn one day for open firing at a local strip mall cause they couldn't take their pills
>>
File: 1447485284223.jpg (77KB, 1000x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1447485284223.jpg
77KB, 1000x1144px
>living with schizophrenia most of my life, got it from my mom
>can't afford to stay on medication constantly so I just don't use it (no point taking a medication for a chronic condition if I can't afford to be on it all the time, right? A lot of them can take days or weeks to even start working)
>learned to tell what's real and what isn't for the most part
>still sometimes hear this girl I used to love talking to me
>she's been dead for 6 years
>know it isn't real, but it breaks my heart every time
>>
>>26262889
You can't afford even a generic thing?
>>
>>26262889
Ever take it into consideration that maybe shes talking to you from beyond the grave? What does the voice say
>>
When you still wonder if the government actually did target you for mind torture from a distance. They got away with it.
>>
File: hartigan an hero.gif (621KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
hartigan an hero.gif
621KB, 500x267px
>>26262966
I think that the meds are just a way to keep us retarded and under control.
Plus, they also make some dosh out of us.
I gave up and stopped trying to fight thought. I just wanna die now.
>>
>>26262918
I don't know when I'm going to get money. I'm untouchable by real employers and what disability I get won't cover my medicine, too. I do odd jobs here and there, mostly computer stuff. But if I don't know whether I can keep myself on the meds there isn't much point. Especially not when they only helped a little to start with.
>>26262954
It varies. I don't constantly hear her, her voice is just one of the hallucinations I get sometimes. I'll have days where I hear her telling me to get out of bed already, or telling me she loves me. Most of what I hear is unrelated to her. Stuff like whispering that I can't quite make out. I know it's not her talking to me because she was always shy about "sappy stuff" like saying she loved me.
>>
>>26262887
I don't, and have never heard voices in public. I've seen things in public (again, mostly just something darting past the corner of my eye) but no auditory hallucinations.

I get those at night usually, right before sleeping. Fortunately they're mostly in some weird language that I don't, and don't want to understand. The closest language I've heard to it was Aramaic when I saw Passion of the Christ. It's not that though. I also see and hear shit when I wake up in the mornings but I'm pretty sure most of that is just sleep paralysis which isn't anything special.
>>
Sometimes I miss one of my old voices, she told me she loved me. She's the only person not related to me that ever has.
>>
I remember before meds I heard voices that I thought were demons and angels.
I refused to do what the demons said most of the time, until they went away on their own one day.
Then the angel voices also stopped.
They said I wasn't pure enough yet to be left alone with them.
Then after taking my meds, I had a vision of heaven and the promised city, plus the angel told me I could ask for anything I wanted and so far stuff that I can't explain has happened, like always reaching places in time most of the time, finding good offers, having extra cash that I have no idea where it came from, everything working out great in general. As long as I keep doing my good deeds, the gifts keep coming.
Call me insane, but I believe it is real.
>>
>>26262887
obviously never taken anti-psychotics.
>>
>>26262600
At what age did you start auditory hallucinating?
What age was your diagnosis?
I have a mother who is skitzo
She is actually doing well now that she is alone and stress free.
She used to spend hours at night screaming at the demons and spirits of loved ones.
>>
>>26264468
She is not on medication anymore
The medication made her a walking vegetable that cooked food non stop and ate none of it.
>>
>>26262600
my mother is schizo too... if I took drugs probably would join her
>>
>>26264514
You could still join her later
Stress can trigger it
>>
>>26264540
neetbux here I come!
>>
I am afraid if I get diagnosed as skitzo I will never get a good job and/or maybget fired from my low pay job
>>
Speaking as a nephew of someone with Schizophrenia, you really should take your meds until you've gotten older. That way you can establish a circle of loved ones around you, and then when you're old, just stop taking the meds if you want because you now have people to help. It's easier on everyone around you to just take the medications so that you can function without constant worrying about your predicament getting out of hand.
>>
>>26262600
Hope this doesn't frighten you but what if the girl is someone you made up? happened to me once, a new guy shows up in class, includes me in conversations and asks me things. then he stops showing up. I must have been talking to myself in class and involving myself in other peoples conversations like some crazy retard. Don't let that be you.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.