[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that god does not exist and that science proves that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

File: atheismcruelty2.png (101KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
atheismcruelty2.png
101KB, 600x431px
Reminder that god does not exist and that science proves that god does not exist.

The scientific principle of "Burden of proof" states that it is up to the person that makes the claim that something exists to provide the proof and not the person who denys the existence of the claim.

The principle of falsifiability states that if something cannot be proven or disproved than the said thing does not exist.
>>
File: SmugIslam.jpg (131KB, 1024x1229px) Image search: [Google]
SmugIslam.jpg
131KB, 1024x1229px
>>26262255
>implying science isn't based on fundamental assumptions about existence
>>
>>26262255
Didn't the pope recently say that even atheists can get into heaven? Probably an old comic though.
>>
File: 21321.jpg (3KB, 129x250px) Image search: [Google]
21321.jpg
3KB, 129x250px
>>26262255
Definition 1: x is God-like if and only if x has as essential properties those and only those properties which are positive.
Definition 2: A is an essence of x if and only if for every property B, x has B necessarily if and only if A entails B.
Definition 3: x necessarily exists if and only if every essence of x is necessarily exemplified.
Axiom 1: If a property is positive, then its negation is not positive.
Axiom 2: Any property entailed by - i.e., strictly implied by- a positive property is positive
Axiom 3: The property of being God-like is positive
Axiom 4: If a property is positive, then it is necessarily positive.
Axiom 5: Necessary existence is positive.
Axiom 6: For any property P, if P is positive, then being necessarily P is positive.
Theorem 1: If a property is positive, then it is consistent, i.e., possibly exemplified.
Corollary 1: The property of being God-like is consistent.
Theorem 2: If something is God-like, then the property of being God-like is an essence of that thing.
Theorem 3: Necessarily, the property of being God-like is exemplified.

2bh familial
>>
>>26262255
What's wrong with the things in this comic?
The crusades, 9/11, and the Spanish Inquisition were all good.
Also the Chruch build alot of cool cathedrals and stuff.
>>
>>26262255
what is this 2013

>hypocritical transgressions of the church disprove the bible
>>
>>26262255
The burden of proof is on you though
>>
>muh crusades boogeyman

The Vatican did nothing wrong.

Remove kebab.
>>
>Science decided who had the burden of proof
>Science doesn't have it

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in god, but it's not because you can't explain something that it doesn't exist.
>>
>>26262376

>Using things like "Necessary Existence" and "God-Like" in a logic proof when Math no longer allows Naive Constructions

What is the property of "Necessary Existence"? or "God-Like" Is it a set?
>>
>>26262537

You know what i agree with you because I hate mudslimes as well.

But I also hate christians so I'm conflicted
>>
File: bul2rx4i.jpg (271KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
bul2rx4i.jpg
271KB, 600x431px
someone do the last one, I'm going to bed
>>
>>26262699
moslems wouldnt be shitting all over yurop and christians wouldnt have such an unreasonable history if it wasnt because of the jews
>>
>>26262715
Hitler wasn't an atheist.

He was an occultist
>>
>>26262715
wow you missed the point
>>
>>26262767
what is the point then
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 325x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 325x301px
Gtfo /pol normie this is a board to make stories and discuss feelings about robots let religion outside this board,

>mfw /pol normie come in rk9
>mfw he probably study a shit tier career

Gtfo out of mu board normie REEEEEE
>>
>>26262376
i recognize this godel garbage. godel was a faggot.
>>
He doesn't exist but science doesn't prove it.

>The principle of falsifiability states that if something cannot be proven or disproved than the said thing does not exist.

But if God suddenly appeared he'd be proven to exist, so theoretically it is provable.
>>
I'm not religious but I'm spiritual
>>
File: 1454164018115.png (85KB, 309x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454164018115.png
85KB, 309x300px
>>26262255
>The scientific principle of "Burden of proof" states that it is up to the person that makes the claim that something exists to provide the proof and not the person who denys the existence of the claim.
If you're going to place your beliefs on such pity technalities then I have a hard time taking anything else you say seriously.
>>
>>26262255
Damn son you're retarded.
>>
File: befeqqr3e5y.jpg (30KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
befeqqr3e5y.jpg
30KB, 640x1136px
>>26262910
I hope you aren't memeing because thats what most of the most intelligent scientists consider themselves

Only the mediocre try-hards are fedoras
>>
>>26262826
Hitler wasn't atheist and only Harper mercer killed in the name of atheism
>>
Not really

Have you looked into the big bang theory? The further you go back the less sense we can make of it. Nobody knows how the universe came to exist, so there is space for a god.
>>
>>26262715
But all of those people were you edited in were religious you idiot, especially the black guy that didin do nuffin and was going to church
>>
>>26262981
Your lack of understanding is not a gap to fill with "muh space daddy"
>>
>>26262981
Seems more likely that the universe just came from another universe inside another universe and so on
>>
>>26262826
Atheism isn't a fucking religion, that's the point. Not all atheists worship something
>inb4 "yes it is"/"atheists believe in/worship science"
Atheism is a lack of belief. There's no stardard for atheists, atheists could believe if flying pink unicorns or whatever, they don't have to accept science as their explanation. You can be an atheist and just use nothing as an explanation. Atheists don't have to "believe" in science, they don't "have" to accept the Big Bang. "Believing in science" or anything is not a requirement of atheism. Atheism is a lack of something just like how when you choose not to buy a tote bag. You don't have to have anything in place of that tote bag.
>>
File: 1454627388107.jpg (153KB, 492x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454627388107.jpg
153KB, 492x450px
>mfw you shitters have to stand around awkwardly in the afterlife because everyone knows you were a godless pussy

Love thy neighbor, but laugh in his general direction when he's a total faggot
>>
What if god is a guy browsing /r9k/ in another universe and our universe is one of his brain cells
>>
>>26263002
Your lack of understanding is not a gap to fill with "muh limited scientific knowledge." You can't disprove the existence of a deity.
>>
>>26263160
Do you believe in everything that doesn't exist? What if two green lobsters made the universe? You can't disprove them so they are real
>>
>>26263002
The gap is there though, there is nothing currently known that disproves the possibility
>>
>>26263233
So you decide to fill it with god?
>if we don't understand EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE god must've done it
Science can be "holy" in the sense that there are holes in our knowledge, but science has and will continue to fill those holes with knowledge
>>
>>26263214
Can't disprove or prove them either way, so being a faggot isn't going to fix anything.

Setting aside all that, have you ever actually stopped completely for a moment and just pondered your situation and the bigger picture? There should be this innate feeling that what's happening isn't just "happening," it's moving in accordance with something else. It's instinctive. When you stop arguing against your intuition you'll find that feelings and perspective are much, much more than any scientific journal can explain.
>>
>>26263265
>being this shit at readong

I never filled the gap, merely pointed out that it was there.

Science isn't magic either, unless our understanding of the big bang is wrong it will be extremely difficult to work out what came before (assuming there was some kind of before) it
>>
File: image.png (97KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97KB, 320x180px
>>26262981
>"Ha! Because we don't know what happened for THAT period of time that means I'm right and you're wrong!"
>"Suck it, burden of proof."

This is literally like the "missing link" scene from futurama.
>"Ha! But your point is invalid! Where's the missing link for the 100th found link?"

Anyways EVEN IF God created the Big Bang, why would he do that in that way so that the universe didn't seem like he was central to his creation?
>inb4 "universe had to be 'fine-tuned'/"he is only testing us"
He's omnipotent. He doesn't have to "fine-tune" the universe in the first place cause he's omnipotent, he can make anything happen. Saying the universe has to be "fine-tuned" would imply God is limited by some external power in the first place, meaning he isn't God.
And if he is testing us, why test us in the first place? He would already know if we were worthy of heaven or whatever cause he's omniscient, meaning if he doesn't know from the beginning than he's not God. And if got is benevolent/loving and knows whether we go to hell or heaven, why does he test us in the first place? That would make him not benevolent because he wouldn't just stop our future suffering by making us perfect.
Consider the following:
http://youtu.be/lWZifSXlzlI

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110630.gif
>>
>>26263333
Jesus christ you autists are retarded. I said it was POSSIBLE, not that it was. OP stated that could can not exist, I made an argument that he COULD exist
>>
>>26263331
We are already furthering our understanding of the Big Bang. Krauss has a good theory that makes sense, and even as we speak the people at the LHC are colliding protons at ever higher energies that will replicate conditions almost instantly after the big bag. The hole is getting smaller
>>
>>26263377
>tfw all these new orbital telescopes in the next decade

Multiverse going to be confirmed senpai
>>
>>26263400
>there might've been a universe where you had an anime tomboy gf
FUUUUUUUCK
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
>>
>>26263368
Yes, and I'm saying that any traditional views of God are inherently false. What religion are you a part of?
>>
>>26263436
>I'm saying that any traditional views of God are inherently false

Which is entirely irrelevant

> What religion are you a part of?
None. If I had to pick a title I'd probably pick agnostic atheist. I don't personally believe god exists but I don't claim to know for sure, since it's technically possible.
>>
Why are agnostics defending religion more than religious people now days? This shit is bizarre
>>
>>26262989
>>26262764

Communists were specifically anti any religion

Hitler was an opportunist that cynically pretended to believe in whatever was convenient at the time.
>>
>>26263502
The only alternative is Islam
>>
>>26263502
The toxic neckbeard atheism community has annoyed a lot of people.
>>
>>26262981
Yeah I think your talking about the CBS hit sitcom The BigBang Theory. People in this thread are talking about the scientific theory. And at the beginning matter and energy were one.
>>
File: 1454167673246.jpg (10KB, 303x338px) Image search: [Google]
1454167673246.jpg
10KB, 303x338px
>>26263511
>BE A FUCKING DICTATER
>EVERYONE CALLS YOU A COMMUNIST
>>
>>26263578
But the first episodes of TBBT are the only ones that make sense
>>
File: 1421583597330.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1421583597330.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>>26262255
>The scientific principle of "Burden of proof" states that it is up to the person that makes the claim that something exists to provide the proof and not the person who denys the existence of the claim.
>The principle of falsifiability states that if something cannot be proven or disproved than the said thing does not exist.

Do you not see that these are just beliefs and that there's nothing saying they're necessary? Do you not see how science is just another paradigm we have invented from nothing?

What about mysticism and esotericism, which derive beliefs from personal, incommunicable experiences? If someone saw and felt God, wouldn't they have a reason to believe just as much as someone else would believe in an apple or black holes?
>>
>>26263662
Science requires a significant level or proof by significantly different sources. It's different to one dude seeing god.
>>
>>26263662
>If someone saw and felt God, wouldn't they have a reason to believe just as much as someone else would believe in an apple or black holes?

Why don't you kill yourself and find out?
>>
>>26262255
yeah i mean no one's ever killed anyone over secular ideologies! r-right?
>>
I stopped caring about this in highschool.
I'm glad I got through my fedora tipper phase, however cringy it was looking back now.
As long as it makes you happy, you can believe whatever you want as far as I care.
>>
>>26262255
>hurr durr there is no god because of this cool thought experiment guise
Religion and science should never intersect, and approaching the existence or nonexistence of a god in a scientific manner is a pointless endeavour.

Evangelical athiests like OP are just as bad as young earth creationists who deny all the knowledge we've gathered about evolution and the planet's history
>>
>>26263749
happiness is irrelevent.

It's actually more childish to care about others happiness

>>26263845
>ATHEISM I-IS A RELIGION GUYS LOOK HOW AGNOSTIC I AM, DO I FIT IN YET?
>>
>>26263868
I consider myself an athiest. What now, nigger?
>>
>"God" creates an entire universe; space, time, energy, matter, good, evil, all non-living and living things.

>Creates Earth, animals, and humans

>Cares constantly and deeply about the choices every individual on Earth makes

>Never once communicates directly, to remove all doubt that it exists

Are...are people really so delusional to convince themselves that this is reality?

I mean okay, I'm open to the idea of their being entities which could exist in some "higher form of existence"
Like if some nebulas were actually massive neural clouds that experienced thoughts on the time scales of millenia, or if there were some freaky thing out there like the crystal entity from Star Trek.

But an entity that can create a whole universe? And all its life forms? And all the laws of nature?
But it never dies, can read everybody's thoughts at once, and can do anything?

You'd have to be indoctrinated as a child to believe something so ludicrous.
>>
File: Raphael_-_Ezekiel's_Vision.jpg (238KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
Raphael_-_Ezekiel's_Vision.jpg
238KB, 800x1111px
>>26264066
I don't know about you, but he's directly communicated with me
>>
>>26262868
>Considered one of the greatest mathematicians ever
>Believed in god? What a fag

You might not agree, and he might not even be right, but he was certainly a very intelligent man anon and he BTFO all other mathematicians of his time with incompleteness and he was right about that.

He was also crazy though and literally starved to death cause he believed his food was poisoned...
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.