[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"No one will ever love you if you can't love yourself"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 41

File: 1452693422380.jpg (42KB, 263x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452693422380.jpg
42KB, 263x300px
>"No one will ever love you if you can't love yourself"

Is it true?
Please don't let it be true; I fucking hate myself.
>>
It's one of those things that is true in so many cases that there may as well not be exceptions.

Where exceptions exist, the person who hates themself almost always hides their self-loathing.
>>
>>26245364
yeah, it's true. Sorry OP.
>>
File: 1452390363696.png (31KB, 734x1472px) Image search: [Google]
1452390363696.png
31KB, 734x1472px
>>26245364
>he fell for the just world meem
>>
It's not strictly true. But when people notice your self-loathing they generally back off.
>>
>>26245364
It's not true dummy :) people can love you for all kind of reasons :p they can love your body ;) they can love your money :p and they can love the things you do for them :)
But other than that I'm afraid there is nothing of you to love :(
>>
>>26245364
nope
i don't love myself but someone still happened to love me
>>
It's not really true but you have to at lest make an effort to cover it up a bit I think. If you really hate yourself deep down whatever just don't bring it up all the time or put yourself down to the point of annoying attention seeking.
>>
>>26245364
It's not true, whoever said that is a fucking retard.
>>
If you love yourself you're a self-absorbed millenial narcissist.
>>
>>26245387

In non-American cultures, such as Russian and Japanese, people aren't given compliments. Having a higher self esteem raises confidence, which is better for picking up girls in highschool, but bad for self improvement. If you always think you're doing poorly, you will practice to get better, like Ben Franklin. Then one day you can love yourself, because you have so many achievements that remorse will be non existent.
tl;dr if you're a good person, you'll love yourself eventually.
>>
In my experience, that's way more true if you're dating girls than if you're dating guys. Guys will want to protect you and make you happy, girls expect to be protected and made happy. Girls want someone confident, and hating yourself is the least confident thing you can do.
>>
File: 1453775586660.png (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453775586660.png
19KB, 500x500px
>>26245642
>>if you're a good person, you'll love yourself eventually
>tfw others always tell me that I'm a good person and I still can't face the man in the mirror
>>
>>26245642
>if you're a good person you'll love yourself eventually
That's such a loaded statement
>>
It's not true, I love myself but nobody loves me.
>>
>>26245667
There are still a lot of girls that want to save/fix a broken guy, they've tried with guys like me. Of course those girls probably have self worth problems too, kinda like Misaki. If you hate yourself you really just have to find someone that does the same.
>>
>>26245720
That's not how it works anon. Something being true doesn't mean the inverse is true too.

You can love yourself but if you're an ugly fuck or your personality sucks and you're just narcissistic, no one will love you.
>>
>>26245642
This is an unhealthy mental trap to fall into. If you're truly a good person, you won't rest on past deeds and will strive to do better instead of loving yourself and stroking your own ego. When you start believing your own hype, you're done. You've failed yourself at that point.
>>
File: 1452608819245.jpg (71KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1452608819245.jpg
71KB, 520x520px
>>26245642
That's not how it works at all.

>such as Russian and Japanese, people aren't given compliments
Where a lot of good people (read, people with empathy and actual mammal feelings) commit suicide/give up and die, leaving a lot of sociopaths and psychopaths to run their society. What a good thing, anon. "survival of the fittest" amirite?

When people around you keep telling you that you suck for some reason (let's say, you're ugly), you don't have an external feedback to measure your progress. If you do someting wrong, they tell you that you suck, if you do something right, they tell you that you suck too. How can you advance like this?

>tl;dr if you're a good person, you'll love yourself eventually.
No, if you're a strong person. Don't go misattributing moral qualities like that, you disgusting hypocrite. You're the kind of person who babbles shit like "if you're ugly on the outside, you're ugly on the inside" to maintain your just-world delusions that you can't afford to lose because it would mean that you didn't actually do shit to obtain the good things in your life and would force you to consider the fact that you're not really a "good" person as you'd like to think you are.
>>
>>26245642
>If you always think you're doing poorly, you will practice to get bette
Doesn't work that way. If you ALWAYS think you're doing poorly then you'll give up. It's the occasional successes that convince you success can continue.
If everything goes wrong all the time and everything you ever do results in failure, then you learn to doing things.

Good self-esteem helps convince you that those failures can lead to successes.
>>
>>26245364

Embrace the madness within and learn to love yourself. It will take you to great places but you must take the first step
>>
>>26245364
This is a meme normies use to justify pride.
>>
>>26245364
I used to love myself, and then 10 years of constant rejection and betrayals killed any self worth I had.

I guess I'm fucked.
>>
>>26245642
>2 places with high suicide rates
wow what a story mark!
>>
Wizard here.

It's one of those normalfag shame tactics.

>le self improvement meme just conform and be normal
>because if you don't nobody will ever love you

You can love yourself and everyone else hates you btw.
>>
It's a meme. I'm one of the most self-hating, black-pilled guys here, yet I've had girls "crushing" on me (obviously of the immature and childish kind). Then again, I'm physically attractive.
>>
>>26245738
This is usually the advice ugly fucks are given by normalfags though. What a load of shit
>>
>>26245738
Thanks for blessing me with knowledge I already knew and didn't ask for either.
>>
I jerk myself off if that counts
>>
>>26245769

What if it's a worse disgrace to give up in your country, and is the equavlent of suicide?
>>
>>26245703

It sure is. Most people on /r9k/ think they never succeed with women and careers, because Chad is bringing them down. The truth is Chad is a great person, and most /r9k/ browsers are shitty people doing the wrong thing their entire life, and it's their fault.
"B-b-b-but muh genes."
If genes made you who you are, fine. You're still a terrible person."
>>
>>26245835

There the failures kill themselves rather than shitpost in their parents' basement.
It honestly sound like a better place.
>>
>>26245642
I used to think like this. I used to believe that my self-hatred would help me improve as a person. If you think you're already a good person, you won't think you need to improve and you won't try to better yourself, but if you think you're a shit person you'll have to make an effort to improve. It's worth believing you're shit regardless of whether it's true, right? It'll help you get better. You'll become more hard working if you believe you're naturally stupid, kinder if you think you're selfish, more informed if you think you're ignorant etc. Right?

Turns out that's not true at all. My self-loathing just made me depressed and apathetic. I gave up. I think there's probably a healthy balance somewhere between hating and loving yourself. Both positions are rooted in narcissism because you spend far too much time thinking about yourself rather than the things you want to do with your life. I still hate myself but I recognise now that it probably isn't good for my mental health or helping me improve in any regard.

>if you're a good person, you'll love yourself eventually.
It's subjective what you choose to define as 'good'. One person's good may be easily achievable whereas someone else may ambitious or a perfectionist who never feels satisfied with their life no matter how much they improve. Same deal with 'achievements or 'success' - what one person defines as a success for themselves varies from person to person.'
>>
>>26246000
Are you retarded? There are tons of neets on 2ch and japan is constantly trying to solve the neet problem.
>>
>>26245975
See
>>26245759
>You're the kind of person who babbles shit like "if you're ugly on the outside, you're ugly on the inside" to maintain your just-world delusions that you can't afford to lose because it would mean that you didn't actually do shit to obtain the good things in your life and would force you to consider the fact that you're not really a "good" person as you'd like to think you are.
>>
>>26245759
>You're the kind of person who babbles shit like "if you're ugly on the outside, you're ugly on the inside" to maintain your just-world delusions that you can't afford to lose because it would mean that you didn't actually do shit to obtain the good things in your life and would force you to consider the fact that you're not really a "good" person as you'd like to think you are.

I agree with everything you said anon. What do you mean by this though? Can you elaborate?
>>
File: 1445967117313.jpg (519KB, 1152x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445967117313.jpg
519KB, 1152x1080px
>>26245975
>muh nature vs nurture

It's 2016 retard, hard determinism, free will is a meme and nothing is anyone's fault.
>>
>>26246013

It's not self hatred that leads to self improvement. It's knowing you need to practice to get better.
>>
it's technically not possible by the first definition of the word

a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
>>
>>26245759
>>26246019
>>26246020
To be fair a lot of successful people worked very hard for their success. The problem is that they don't realize many failures also worked very hard. And failed. It's not a question of hard work or deserving.
>>
>>26246030
That is meaningkess words strung together in a sentence family
>>
>>26246022

You are what you contininuously do.
Chad is a great man. Pepe frog is a terrible man-child.
>>
>>26246055

>the words have no meaning, because I don't agree with them

Looks like I'm done here.
>>
>>26246076

I don't disagree you just aren't saying anything meaningful.
>>
>>26246061
>Chad is a great man
Even when he cheats on his gf or leaves her a single mom or beats her or fucks her daughter. Being an alpha or chad doesn't make you a decent person, if women were only attracted to decent men their wouldn't be so many single moms and more on the way.

I know a 14 year old girl who got molested by her sisters bf, he's the chad type but the gf just broke up with him instead of calling the cops so he'll probably do it again.

At the very least pepe-frogs aren't fucking up other peoples lives.
>>
File: 1450647401399.png (212KB, 338x353px) Image search: [Google]
1450647401399.png
212KB, 338x353px
>>26245387
>>26245642
That's not how it works tho. If you tell a kid he's shit all his life he's not going to work hard to get btter, he's gonna be miserable and depressed. And if you tell a kid he's awesome all the time he ain't gonna be awesome, he's just going to be a spoiled brat that thinks he knows best about everything.

The only thing you need to do with a kid is praise him when when he works hard to achieve a goal and instead of telling him he's talented and awesome you say he did a good job and his hard work paid off. And scold him when he thinks he knows better than everyone and fucks up. Positive and negative reinforcement just fucking works and hard work and perseverance is the one thing that will carry you through life so it's good to nurture it.

>wew lad, parenting is so hard
>>
>>26246055
My point was I used to think people would only want to get better if they thought they weren't good enough. If you think you're good enough already, why practice? Of course, I realise now that people can consider themselves good, or at least ok, and still want to practice and get better and also that people can think they're not good enough and still be completely unmotivated to practice and get better. I think everyone already knows that practice leads to improvement, it's drilled into every child's head, but the difference between the people who do and don't is down to motivation, not the current ability the person is at or believes themselves to be at.
>>
>>26246151
Sorry, I meant to respond too
>>26246030
>>
>>26245642
>good person
There we go again :( there aren't good or bad people :p everyone is just like me :( calling something good or bad is just arbitrary :( why can't people ever see that :(
I never felt remorse anyways even when people expected me to :p
>>
>>26246189
You're triggering my autism. Please stop typing like that
>>
File: 1450724087938.png (594KB, 785x820px) Image search: [Google]
1450724087938.png
594KB, 785x820px
>>26246189
>I've never felt remorse
>le edgy sociopath
>I've never felt bad about fucking up but I'm still so emotional I need to put an emoticon after every clause I type
wew
>>
>>26246013
I agree, anon. It can be quite tough. Being told you are worthless, and no good, etc. doesn't help you as a child especially. That sort of treatment is just going to give you a defeatist attitude and set you up for failure. Sure the "strong" will someday get through their problems, but how much later in their life will it take them to realize that what is said about them wasn't true? Some people never get through that. It's very saddening.

>>26246030
I don't think this has anything to do with what anon just said.
>>
File: Tired.jpg (165KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
Tired.jpg
165KB, 491x750px
>>26245380
Like comedians...

People think I'm moat hilarious when I'm closest to suicide. True story
>>
>>26245632
>millenial
niceme.me
But yes, loving yourself is arrogant and self-absorbed
>>
Going into a relationship if you hate yourself is the worst thing you can do. It's rolling the dice.

If you hate yourself, you have no power in a relationship, and you will be susceptible to abuse.
Instead of thinking "I deserve respect, and I will fight for it" you instead think "well, she did sleep with my friend, but I need to make this work", "well, he did beat me up, but maybe I deserved it", "well, she is taking my money, but I don't want to lose her"

If you hate yourself, stay away from other people. You will more than likely be abused.
>>
>>26246204
It's just the way I like to type, I tryed many in the past :p I will probably will get bored ofnit eventually :)
>>26246220
I shouldn't even be replying to you at all, you are clearly really stupid :( you have no idea what antisocial personality disorder means :( go back to posting your pictures of animals laughing so I can ignore you further :p
>>
>>26246252
>>26245632

Yeah, sure. Maybe.

But what do you think is worse for an individual:
Having too much self-esteem or having too little?
>>
>>26246281
Being abused doesn't even seem that unappealing.
>>26246291
I'm gonna blow a gasket m8
>>
>>26246234
I think there is a lot of fun to be had at peoples expenses :) I'm pretty sure everyone feels like this :p how close to suicide have you gotten :(
>>
File: 1451330199685.png (687KB, 717x599px) Image search: [Google]
1451330199685.png
687KB, 717x599px
It's not true,anon
I hate myself and I've had more than 1 person saying and proving their love to me
Not that It changed anything,I got dumped because I couldnt stop cutting myself
>>
>"You just gotta love yourself/be confident"
>My life has been two decades of crushing rejection in everything
>Everyone and everything I meet and do sends me the message that I'm not good enough
>I have never been lead to believe it is possible for a woman to be interested in me
>Despite all that it still feels like the best of my life is behind me
How the fuck am I supposed to like myself when the apparent point of my entire life has been that I suck and am not worth loving?
>>
>>26246330
Eh, I've never done it, so not close enough.

When I start wanting to end it, I just start taking more high risks. Riding my motorcycle unsafely, etc.

But doing a stand up routine or playing with a band is the only thing I've ever found that makes me feel accomplished or worthwhile. So I guess I kick it up a notch when I'm feeling down as a self preservation techniques... Maybe?

Meh. Not so bad.
>>
>>26245387
>>26246135
Pretty much this posts. Both of these kids who grow up with a poor perception of reality. Obviously the kid on the left would believe they're less capable than they actually are, but the kid on the right would believe they're better than they actually are, which will make them arrogant and complacent. They'll spend a lot of their teenagers years, if not their early adulthood as well, confused as to how they can be so awesome but there are also so many people better than they are. They find it difficult to accept that other people are simply better than them at somethings and will probably be an asshole to people around them about it (they are plenty of kids like this in high school whose parents constantly told them how great they were, even when they hadn't done anything). I think the best approach, as a parent, is to say "good job" or "try harder next time" to your kid after they've done something. Your self-esteem shouldn't be linked to your achievements too much, but praising or criticising actions is better for a person's mental health than praising or criticising some false sense of their 'intrinsic value' as a person. I quite fond of Japanese and Russian cultures in this regard like this anon mentioned
>>26245642
but I think they see self-worth as too interwoven with achievement which is one of the reasons to suicide rate is so high in those countries
>>
>>26245701
This isn't so bad. Like the Buddha, be indifferent to praise and blame
>>
>>26246343
You probably just got lucky, anyways, elaborate.
>>
>>26246343
Well maybe love is not what you need at all :( maybe you need someone to treat you like the garbage you are :p I mean what's love worth if its fake :( there is a reason you couldn't stop cutting :(
>>
>>26245364
>literally have gotten this my whole life
>from a woman friend who plans to divorce her husband despite three kids and won't work
>from my sister who after hitting the wall realized all her hypermisandric shit didn't get her anywhere
>from pretty much everywhere in life, men are constantly bombarded to "shut up and do what women want... unless you're the most rich/handsome/tall/strong in the room"
>>
>>26245397
>>26245417
>>26245459
>>26245550
Thanks for this. I was really worried about it, but I guess it's just a thing people say to try and get you to feel better about yourself. Obviously it has the opposite effect, though. I don't try to make it too obvious I hate myself, but some days it's really hard to cover up.
>>
>>26246379
I can't relate to you at all :( but taking risks sounds fun :) everyone always expect me not to :( but I really want to :( I feel like each day I don't take risks my desire to take them becomes more extreme :)
>>
>>26245642
Did nobody notice he used two countries with the most negative growth rates on the planet? Literally people aren't loving each other in those countries or even having kids.

Remember: 4chan started from Japanese culture.
>>
>>26245364
Well I still hate myself a decent amount, but not as much as I used to, and now I have a gf. You don't have to 100% love yourself, but even 20% being like "I'm alright" is better than being a whiny beta. Girls smell that shit, if you're an unconfident beta why would they have any inclination to being with you?
>>
File: 1454540949317.jpg (133KB, 675x719px) Image search: [Google]
1454540949317.jpg
133KB, 675x719px
>>26246423
It wasn't luck,it happens every once in a few months
we both fall in love with each other because we clicked,or we have the same hobbies,or because we're both autists
but when we started to trade pics they'd always notice my scars and make a big fuss out of it and that I need to see a psychologist and that kind of bullshit
And then it always ends with: "You have to choose between either getting treatment and stop harming yourself or we're breaking up"
And here am I alone and hurt again,because fucking normies can't understand years of self-loathing can't be fixed
>>
>>26245364
100% true, you'll never be able to acknowledge someone else loving you if you don't love yourself. Had this problem before and all I could think about was why this girl is showing any interest in me and that she must have some sort of ulterior motive
>>
>>26245814
Pride is the worst of the seven deadly sins. I'm not religious, but I know exactly why people think that. I've no idea why we live in a culture so obsessed with people telling each other to "be proud" and "love themselves". Fuck pride. I want to do good things because I believe they are the right things to do, not so I can feel proud.
>>
>>26246491
Oh you're just an attractive female. Makes sense
>>
>>26246278
I was this post: >>26246013
I replied to the wrong post
>>
>>26246491
Awwwww I don't care about your scars at all anon :p in fact I think you should make some for me :) that would be lovely :)
>>
File: non-non-biyori-renge-recorder.png (149KB, 508x296px) Image search: [Google]
non-non-biyori-renge-recorder.png
149KB, 508x296px
>>26246508
I'm a boy
>>26246524
not you again please
>>
File: 1450122344018.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450122344018.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>26246425
>>26246524
Stop posting
Please
>>
cliches layered onto cliches forming a giant cliche onion of fallacy, the thread.
>>
>>26246491
You literally fall in love with people over the internet every few months? Then stop talking to them because they want to help you? You sound like a really selfish person.
>>
>>26246539
How old are you then?

Honestly I did the whole selfharm thing in highschool but I stopped because I diidn't really want to deal with the attention it brought.
>>
>>26245940
Probably suicide, then.
>>
File: 1414945682769.jpg (6KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
1414945682769.jpg
6KB, 249x243px
>>26246135
>>26245642

>don't worry if you had a bad upbringing bro. Society is a perfect meritocracy where no one is privileged. Just work hard and pull yourself up by your bootstraps like Benjamin Franklin the true american hero. okay. praise jesus.

You are everything wrong with this board.

Do you even think before spewing off that normieshit, right-wing propaganda?
>>
File: 1451500609150.jpg (83KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
1451500609150.jpg
83KB, 500x703px
>>26246592
I don't choose to fall in love,it just happens
and I'm way too far gone to be helped,I just want someone who accepts me so I can dedicate myself to make someone else happy
>>
>>26245667
It's often girls that use this line. Maybe it's because they're attracted to confident guys and they think girls assume girls are always under-confident and need someone to tell them to 'love themselves for who they are'. I know they're just trying to help, but subconciously...
>>
>>26246539
>>26246562
What happened to robots anyways :( all I see now is people accepting advice from each other and encouraging each other to do better :p I don't like it at all :(
I won't pretend with you like I have to do with people irl :( its not fair :(
>>
File: 1451876532224.png (350KB, 682x661px) Image search: [Google]
1451876532224.png
350KB, 682x661px
>>26246596
>>26246643
No one likes to be miserable,anon
>>
>>26246456
Have you ever traveled 150mph in the dark on a road you've never driven before?
>>
>>26246660
kys
>>26246643
jump in a ditch and die bro
>>
Hey robots, I wonder if you could settle something for me.

Until now, I've despised couples and families with kids that live off benefits/welfare. I have an image of them being obese, ugly. Generally disgusting.

However, my image of NEETs/shut ins is mostly positive. It's not like we had a choice, is it? I see them as sad, lonely souls. Not necessarily ugly, fat or contemptible.

After giving it more thought, is one better than the other? Or are they both confined to the lower depths of society's "shit heap"? There's no way out you know...
>>
>>26246643
I :( told :( you :( to :( stop :( posting :( because :( you :( being :( annoying :( as :( fuck :p
>>
>>26246615
Well you can make me happy :) its not hard at all go be honest :p all you need to do is keep replying to me And being fun :)
>>
>Lost the weight
>Lost the acne
>Put on muscle
>Got a haircut
>Dressed in fitting clothes
>Women start initiating conversation with me
>Men start respecting me a little more
>Still back out of conversations and avoid everyone
>For the year I spent getting in shape, I didn't develop any hobbies and interact
>I was focused solely on improving my appearance because I knew the only way to be respected and admired was to look good and that personality is really just the suit your behavior wears on the outside, and looks are all that matters
>Everyone proved me right when I was done but I became so proud of myself that I no longer had any interest in dealing with the people who insulted me in the past
>Needing others is a sign of weakness
That's why I'm on /r9k/.
>>
File: 1396920981647.png (810KB, 1300x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1396920981647.png
810KB, 1300x1700px
>>26246660
maybe we can be friends if you want
>>
>>26246660
Ah me too actually assuming you aren't an underage lying that is

>no one likes to be miserable
I disagree, a lot of people find it comfortable to be miserable and settle for comfort instead of actually trying.
>>
>>26246679
I saw things the same way, but it's probably just because I spend too much time here and I'm a biased fuck. Interesting you noticed and pointed it out.
>>
File: 1451323258606.jpg (62KB, 408x483px) Image search: [Google]
1451323258606.jpg
62KB, 408x483px
>>26246615
>I just want to hurt myself and want other people to validate it and tell me it's okay!

If you wanted to make them happy, maybe you would have gotten some sort of treatment and not ended your gay internet relationships because of it. Instead you're just attentionwhoring in a random /r9k/ thread because it probably makes you slightly feel good about yourself. You seem incredibly selfish. Pathetic.
>>
File: 1401406773695.jpg (684KB, 905x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1401406773695.jpg
684KB, 905x1032px
>>26246660
Remilia a shit
>>
File: 1453081446735.jpg (82KB, 608x857px) Image search: [Google]
1453081446735.jpg
82KB, 608x857px
>>26246694
sure!
my steam is on support for now but add me there and when it comes back in a day or 2 we can talk and play something
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kathra/
>>26246701
they're just settling because they're afraid to get better
>>
>>26246666
Hey you got quads :)
No, not at all ( but it doesn't seem that fun either :p
Most I ever done is yell an intimidate strangers a couple of times :) if felt really good :p I used to have this friend in highschool I made him feel inferior to me and everyone all the time :) he had no self esteem at all :p it as really fun too
>>
File: 1401556255521.png (397KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1401556255521.png
397KB, 800x600px
>>26246615
It's okay, I've got your back friend
>>
>>26246660
>no one likes to be miserable
I know for a fact this isn't true :(
>>
File: 1451612044484.jpg (488KB, 1865x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1451612044484.jpg
488KB, 1865x1261px
>>26246719
dont shit talk my waifu!
>>26246713
I've tried treatment,anon
>>
File: 1450990691136.jpg (27KB, 703x680px) Image search: [Google]
1450990691136.jpg
27KB, 703x680px
>>26246660
>this faggot who cuts himself has had multiple partners while I'm 5 years older and have never had anyone
You post cute pictures, so I forgive you
>>
>>26246730
Yeah that's pretty much what I said but it's still something they want. I mean they might want to be happy but they don't actually want to work at it for whatever reason.

So essentially

Happy > Being Miserable > Actually doing something
>>
>>26246773
Looks are the only thing that matters senpai
>>
>>26246615
No. That kind of fantastical and ignorant behaviour is toxic. You need more to provide, and you need more to fall in love. Love is not some fucking basic emotion you feel when you look at someone. That's fucking lust man. Lust is what you feel. Love is on a higher level. Love is when you see their flaws and accept them for it, when you argue about life goals, or opinions, and are able to feel a lot closer in the end.

But continue to delude yourself.
>>
File: 1332175280797.jpg (77KB, 343x429px) Image search: [Google]
1332175280797.jpg
77KB, 343x429px
>>26246689
Dude same thing happened to me like 3 years ago. I lost all faith in society when I found out that social interactions are 99% lies, and even my own friends, people I liked and respected, were caught up in this stupid little game.

Back when I was overweight and unkempt, I would have given anything to be part of the herd, but when I finally had a chance to be a part of the group I saw everything for what it really was. Bullshit. A waste of time. Now I just focus on me 100% and socialize when I feel like it, fully aware of the lie. It was good to see the other side but I could never lead a life of deceit, fucking people over to climb a little bit of the social ladder. It's a shame that's all life is when you get down to it.
>>
File: 1451435925979.jpg (621KB, 2121x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1451435925979.jpg
621KB, 2121x1480px
>>26246749
*hugs*
>>26246773
you'll find a cute bf for yourself one day
dont give up senpai
>>
>>26246816
>bf
I'm not gay m8
>>
File: 1400798024518.jpg (204KB, 850x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1400798024518.jpg
204KB, 850x1153px
>>26246766
She's FLAT
>>26246501
The seven sins were an invention by an Italian Poet designed to piss off the Catholic church by making future idiots like yourself believe THOSE were the sins to avoid rather than the ten commandments AKA the ten rules of any happy civilization.
>>
File: 1451337116799.png (402KB, 883x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451337116799.png
402KB, 883x1000px
>>26246810
it was love,anon
but you're right,maybe it was one-sided on my part
>>26246778
I know,like a poet from my country used to say,it's better to suffer with someone else than to be happy by yourself
>>26246839
yet!
>>
>>26246766
Is this Konica person nice? I would like a new friend but you seem like an utter piece of garbage. Maybe I'll try to be their friend instead.
>>
>>26246730
Did you meet other people online like this? I don't have any friends on steam and I'm too shy to post in any threads. Good luck btw, I hope you realise you have no rational reason to cut yourself regardless of how you feel and you hopefully you'll get to a state of mind where you don't need validation like this
>>
>>26246864
That wasn't really what I was getting at either but sounds pretty agreeable to me. Then again I wouldn't really know because I haven't really been happy and I've never been with someone.

Anyway I'm just saying some people are okay with living sad mediocre lives as long as they can stay stable.
>>
>>26246816
Hey no hugs for me :( I like bugs I used to get them all the time :p they turn me on ;)
>>
File: 1451338089811.jpg (472KB, 883x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451338089811.jpg
472KB, 883x1000px
>>26246861
flat is bestest
>>26246901
you can try your luck with him,but I wouldnt advise it
>>
File: 1452357519680.png (56KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
1452357519680.png
56KB, 300x276px
>>26246861
>ten commandments
>rules of any happy civilization
kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8
>>
File: 1451337899396.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451337899396.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
>>26246920
not anyone that self harm,but other depressed people
I hope you get over your shyness one day,senpai,and thanks
>>26246924
yeah,but it will eventually lead to despair if you're alone and just settling
>>
>>26246967
That's what escapism is for.
>>
>>26246920
would you talk to me anon if i posted a way for you to talk to me? is e-mail fine?
>>
>>26246810
>Love is when you see their flaws and accept them for it, when you argue about life goals, or opinions, and are able to feel a lot closer in the end.
I feel this way about everyone I talk to on the internet for more than a few weeks. I don't think this is love.
>>
File: cena-e1404220231457.jpg (1MB, 3500x1968px) Image search: [Google]
cena-e1404220231457.jpg
1MB, 3500x1968px
>>26246813
It's right in front of everyone too.

Just look at Pro Wrestling.
It's not about merit. It's a fake sport so characters appeal to viewers on a raw level: Appearance. You have your Daniel Bryan, but he's really just a self-insert for the chubbies/neckbeards in the crowd. He doesn't draw. Ratings plummet when he's champ. Even though extremely vocal chubbies/neckbeards resent John's success, John Cena draws the biggest crowds and ratings soar when he's on TV. Women want to fuck him, their sons want to grow up to be him, and the men either support or envy him. Their envy was so strong they had to scream "CENA SUCKS" between everyone else's "Let's go Cena" chants until HHH put him on the US title both to give it value and to cool his envious detractors down before they put him back in the main title picture. Wrestling's the one sports arena where contrarians have a voice but the numbers don't lie: women decide who will succeed and all they care about is looks.
>>
File: 1451850516566.jpg (13KB, 236x312px) Image search: [Google]
1451850516566.jpg
13KB, 236x312px
>>26246988
maybe, but I don't have anything interesting to say
>>
>>26246864
>>26246926
>tfw your thread gets derailed by these attention seeking faggots
>>
>>26247041
[email protected]

that's okay. give it a chance, i would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>26245748
please someone tell this to hideo kojima
>>
File: 1401380678119.png (508KB, 700x816px) Image search: [Google]
1401380678119.png
508KB, 700x816px
>>26246964
George Carlin's faggot ass again
>Eh-ehhh, I guess the first three make sense to anyone who's not retarded but, ehh... How are you FUCKING supposed to FUCKING go on not FUCKING your FUCKING neighbors wife? *Does a deeper-voiced and unflattering impersonation of an imperious figure giving sound advice* Yeah, well... *Bitches about events in the bible* I LOVE LYING! WHO DOESN'T LOVE LYING! IT'S FUCKING GREAT! YOU CAN TELL ANYONE ANYTHING AND IT GREAT FOR EVERYBODY? AM I RIGHT?

I didn't watch the video because I have to go to work and earn your neetbux but did I get the jist of it?
>>
>>26247078
>tfw that faggot with nothing interesting or fun to say that is mad because nobody replied to him so he complains instead :(
>>
>>26245364
No.

If someone loves you, it can fill a void in yourself. You can combine the fragments of you and your lover to become a whole entity. Then you can finally love yourself, because you're complete.
>>
>>26247154
steam bf shitposters are the worst, you 2-4 retards shit up the place everyday.
>>
>>26247141
no, you didn't

>>26247154
And there's something interesting or fun about your shitposts, is there?
>>
>>26247198
Yeah but I don't really care about you at all :(
>>26247200
Same goes for you, if out are not going to be fun go ahead and leave :p
>>
>>26247234
You are, without doubt, the worst non-tripfag poster I've ever had the misfortune of interacting with. Probably going to filter ":(" now
>>
File: 1451070099481.jpg (857KB, 675x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1451070099481.jpg
857KB, 675x1042px
>>26247041
don't be shy now, anon. i don't bite.
>>
File: 1451409433015.png (414KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
1451409433015.png
414KB, 900x633px
>>26247234
please get a trip so I can filter you
>>
>>26246234
Is Dr. Manhattan a cuck?
>>
>>26247272
No please don't do that :(
>>26247292
I don't like trips at all :p
>>
File: 1450129124745.jpg (53KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
1450129124745.jpg
53KB, 539x539px
Well, this thread went to shit
>>
File: 1451665534162.jpg (408KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451665534162.jpg
408KB, 1000x1000px
>>26247389
It's not like it was any good before the shitposting started
>>
>>26247041
i have to sleep, friend. the option is there if you do end up changing your mind.
>>
File: 1452285989498.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1452285989498.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>26246731
Devils quads too.

Feels good man.
>>
>>26247759
You are still here :)
Want to start a biker gang or something :) I'm pretty bored with this life :(
>>
>>26245364
Ted talk, fake it till you make it. Amazing talk that helped me realize that you have amazing ability as a husk, it's when you're more than that husk that's following with sheep that you stop and act off.
>>
>>26247301
Man, he's such a cucked he got cucked by the biggest cuck in the story.

Cuck as fuck, bruc.
>>
>>26247794
I just started school.

I'm a 25 year old freshman, so I'm focussing on being the cool older guy in my class, instead of the creepy old guy.

So biker gang is cool.
>>
>>26245364
people love inanimate objects
ever heard of pet rocks?
Cars? other material stuff that people preach against?
>>
What's more true is:

>If you hate yourself, you'll have trouble being in healthy relationships with others because you'll judge them as harshly as you judge yourself
>>
>>26247873
I used to have a real fast car.

I always told myself that it was my compensation for not having a gf.

Then I fucked crashed that 500hp v8 into a concrete wall.

Now I drive a vw rabbit.

Lesson here is that inanimate objects can break your heart, too.
>>
>>26245642
>If you always think you're doing poorly, you will practice to get better

Or accept that you will always do poorly and resign oneself to failure.

That's the ticket!
>>
>>26245364
Reword it and it would be actual advice
>"Nobody needs to love you if you love yourself :)"
>>
Not true I hate myself and plenty of people love me.
>>
>>26247862
That's cool I have too much money for biker gang anyways, I will find fun stuff to do with it once my father dies :p
>>
>>26247893
I don't think this is necessarily true. Self-loathing people can subject themselves to higher standards than others in their life in the same way arrogant people can subject themselves to lower standards than others in their life. Although, I definitely know of cases where what you say is true.
>>
>>26245364
It's a dumb normie platitude. Did people love Robin Williams?
>>
>>26246600
Although I don't agree with the first post and aspects of the second, I don't think they've said anything "right wing". All they said was basically "you'll improve if you work hard" and not "you'll be successful if you work hard". Why make everything political?
>>
File: 1448658001550.png (133KB, 353x680px) Image search: [Google]
1448658001550.png
133KB, 353x680px
>>26248024
Good point faam
>>
>>26246615
>I don't choose to fall in love,it just happens
You may not choose to love but you do choose whether or not you feed it. Love dies quickly, it takes active nurturing to keep it going. If you ignore the target of that love, the feeling will die and you'll be fine.
>>
File: kirinoo.gif (1024KB, 339x300px) Image search: [Google]
kirinoo.gif
1024KB, 339x300px
>>26248199
Why would I ignore someone I love?
I prefer to be hurt or it to be one-sided
>>
File: 1454593713728.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454593713728.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>26245364
not true
family loves me
even though i don't love myself
you can relax now
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.