[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings Robots I have but one question for you all. What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: YouTube-icon-full_color.png (13KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-icon-full_color.png
13KB, 1024x721px
Greetings Robots

I have but one question for you all.

What do you look for in a YouTuber? What do you want to see? And what will hold you attention throughout the video?

Im a new YouTuber and would like any feedback possible
>>
the world doesn't need another fucking youtuber, fuck off
>>
>>26216249
Post your channel senpai? I don't even know what content you create. Honestly, I prefer jew-tubers who are passionate about the videos they make in regards to whatever subject matter they focus on. I don't bother with e-begging faggots posting clickbait shit and what not? I don't know, don't be a fucking sellout and don't treat youtube like a career.
>>
>>26216297
Pls give me your love mr neet. I only ask because /r9k/ is my target audience. Well at least one day I hope

>>26216314
Id like to focus on gaming stuff. With a couple comedy skits thrown in, in the future.

How does posting a channel work on this board? Like what are the rules? Can I post a link orr? Either way, my channel name is Haiight95
>>
>>26216473
Just commented on one of your videos, I recommend reading it.
>>
>>26217470
Just replied to your comment, I recommend reading it.
>>
I usually look for someone that has a good speaking voice and doesn't aim for an audience of people with the intelligence and sense of humor of an 11 year old.
>>
>XD I'm starting my new YouTube channel, small loan of a million memes, le fuck Le fine bros XD
>>
>>26217558
Are you some sort of Pleb that thinks that I took out a loan of a million memes that werent at least dank ones?
>>
Don't be a fucking attention whore loser
>>
it really depends on the type of youtuber
>>
>>26217615
Gaming YouTuber.

What do you look for in that department m8?
>>
File: why.png (8KB, 205x67px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
8KB, 205x67px
please don't tell me this is you...
>>
File: 1264427831693.jpg (114KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1264427831693.jpg
114KB, 800x600px
>>26216473
>Id like to focus on gaming stuff. With a couple comedy skits thrown in

fuck off
>>
>>26217731

Fucking right it is m8.
>>
>>26217731
Fucking right it is m8

>>26217782
No you
>>
>>26217679
>What do you look for in that department m8?
For the painful death of anyone that claims to be a "youtuber."

I'm not even trying to be edge but modern youtube and "gamer youtube" in particular is pure, unadulterated cancer.
>>
>>26217820
jesus fucking christ dude
you are like a cancerous combo of any ordinary gaming/comedy channel

>you are literally so fucking lazy and unoriginal, that you cant even come up with those stupid fucking neon, bold letter thumbnails in MS paint
>>
Never ever ever do the type message on the screen thing! Its boring as shit.

Proper vocal narration and not with a text to speech reader.
>>
>>26217885
So bad thumbnails = no views from NEETs. Check.

Will work on that m8, ty for feedback :)
>>
>>26217891
Whatcha mean friend? The annotations at the start?
>>
>>26217679
about 90% of based on personality so even if you do these things it doesn't mean i'll watch you or anyone else who does it.

if it's lets plays i like someone who doesn't yell or is just loud most of the time and respects the game by not talking during cutscenes
Anything else other than that is just format based.
>>
>>26216473
>generic cringey gaming channel number 3 billion
yeah no thanks, come up with something original or fuck off
>>
dont be:
>reactionists
>let's players
>clickbaiters
>minecrafters
>top 10 listers
so basically don't be Bashurverse and you are set for life
>>
>>26217931
This i genuinely appreciate, I wanted to do a play through of San Andreas, 100% completion, no cheats, and didn't talk during cut scenes.

wound up scrapping the idea cus of conflicting thoughts in my head about it. Ty m8, really.
>>
>>26217968
Whats left then?

Is it also better to speak in videos with calm voice?
>>
>>26217968
You, I like.

Thank you friend!
>>
>>26217949
Not all NEETs like gaming channels, noted :)
Ty for feedback friend!
>>
>>26218000
Are you good at anything particular? Programming, sports, music? You can do tutorial videos or maybe even some request channel where you cover stuff viewers want you to cover.
>>
OP here

If you're looking for a video to really laugh at me about, try this one: https://youtu.be/RANQ9_5YNS4

Shows how scared I get around dem females
>>
>>26218032
Im decent at the guitar I guess, but too self conscious about it to upload I think
>>
>>26217923
I mean the thing where people open a word processor / text editor and type out what they should be saying in audio and you are expected to read it.
>>
>>26218091
Oh shit, did not know about that :o Chalk it up to being a new YouTuber I guess. I can disable that in video options right?
>>
-If you have to sneeze, PLEASE turn away from the mic to do it, or if you really can't, at least apologize, as you should probably do after a sneeze out of natural habit anyway if not just say "excuse me" or something similar
-if you hate furries, just don't say so, dude.... furries're a really easy target and the vast majority of them do not even know philosophically why they're furries, so they can't actually defend themselves. if you must say something just say that you're not partial to and are maybe actually even averse to anthropomorphic creatures and leave it at that, as betraying any logic behind your opinion would just alienate a lot of your fans
-[obligatory have a good mic and pretty ok recording quality suggestion]
-try not to explain basic game mechanics too much.... I once went to an LPer's channel and clicked on their most recent isaac episode to check out their stuff, and even though it was episode 260 or smth the first 10 or so minutes were them explaining basic game mechanics. This really turned me off, and seems really amateur, to me. Short summaries or analyses of worthwhile shit you encounter is fine, but the LPs I enjoy the most are mostly listening to an LP'ers stream of consciousness as they seemingly mindlessly play through a game, until something particularly piques their interest, as their being in certain danger, something taking a really long time as a boss fight, them picking up an item, etc
-some people listen to your LPs and do not watch them, as perhaps your voice helps lull them to sleep. Verbally saying the item you picked up or important choices you make when there're no unique audio cues for such actions helps your viewers feel like they're truly playing vicariously through you, and helps them feel more engaged
-don't bully kids.. you may not remember being a kid that well, but a lot of your audience is probably kids. "12 year old" is not a clever nor innocuous insult to your audience.

no space but forgot youtube isn't all LPing
>>
the biggest problem I have with most youtubers are their voices. they all either sound like a whale on helium or its just retardedly low
>>
>>26218204
>Hating on NorthernLion for his repetitive content
>Not letting daddy's voice lull you to sleep
>>
>>26218351

It was actually Bisnap's channel I'd checked out. I lost interest and closed the tab.

I stopped watching Northernlion cause I disagree with his opinions on certain topics, but I've watched hundreds upon hundreds of his isaac videos, and even started rewatching his vanilla series until Wrath of the lamb came out
>>
>>26218204
Thank you friend, copy and pasted everything so far from you guys, its truly helpful.

Like I said, this board is my target audience one day, to bring joy to those that dont have any.

I've been lurking here for years and felt now was the time to show myself I guess.
>>
>>26218370
Ah I understand then. Yeah I have phases with NL, he is an interesting personality. I cannot deny that his voice helps me sleep.
>>
>>26218467

Another important thing is, only play games you enjoy. Even in horror games and games unknown to you that maybe a friend or lots of fans recommended, if you're not enjoying yourself, your fans won't enjoy your content, either. I've seen lots of examples of Let's Players doing a grumpy LP of a game and the video going viral, and their being ashamed or embarrassed by the video because they were just in a bad mood. Being happy with LPing- a thing which could possibly be your job- is a really good motivator, and your happiness will be felt by your fans.
>>
File: eggs.jpg (14KB, 260x282px) Image search: [Google]
eggs.jpg
14KB, 260x282px
HEY GUYS WHATS UP, IT'S YOUR BOY [insert name here]!
>>
>>26218000
MDE
>>
>>26218500

desu Northernlion's way of LPing is the best I've ever seen, and I haven't seen anyone turn LPing into an art as great as he has, but he feels very strongly about certain things I disagree too vehemently with to be ok with consuming his content, now....

I started hovering around his circle of friends when I realized I wasn't really enjoying NL's content anymore, and from what I've seen:

green9090: qqs like a fucking bitch, and blames the game for all of his mistakes. For instance he couldn't stop qqing and entirely blaming the game for killing his party in his x-com Let's Play despite the shot he fired having like a 20% chance of hitting, and the video had like 75% dislikes- unusual for the series- and I as many others stopped watching it then

BaerTaffy: voice is OK I guess, but he doesn't really have anything interesting to talk about most of the time desu. His fanfare and general disposition is also too cheery for me, if you can believe that. If he tells a story it's inevitably hella dope since that's what I live for, but he's a streamer and really just hugs everyone cause that's who he is. Not really for me.

RedPandaGamer: I tried to watch him when Spelunky was still a dank meme but imo he was way too narcissistic about his gameplay, even outside of Spelunky, and I feel he's manipulative since he would outright say shit like, "BaerTaffy, you suck. You're bad. Uninstall", then think that saying "just kidding" at the end makes it ok. imo, he's just a faggot.

michaelalfox/ RockLeeSmile: never really game them a chance desu. Watch the former play some Spelunky and the latter play some Terraria. It was fine, but nothing that great like NL. RockLeeSmile is pretty engaging imo though. Disagree with some of his opinions.

I'm currently watching MathasGames mainly. He's ok, but he's such a fucking sellout. For example his "The Escapists" LP got hella popular, but he hated the game. (cont next post)
>>
>>26218709

Mathas tried really hard to make The Escapists work, but he eventually had enough and just quit it mid-series. He tried to bring it back like six entire weeks later, long, long, LONG after his audience for the game had left, and even though he went full pewdiepie complete with custom sellout thumbnails and jump-cuts (extremely unusual for him), the series went less than well. He dropped it almost immediately since he was only doing that to sell out, and was too late. You see his sellout behavior in everything modern he does now.
>>
>>26218709
I'm listening desu
>michaelalfox has a golden voice as well
>>
>>26218747

michaelalfox is pretty fine but, idk. Green9090's voice was dope to me, but he qqs so much. I know he has depression, but that doesn't make it enjoyable for me as a consumer to listen to him blame the game for his problems. Maybe I'll give michaelalfox another try. I know Green has more or less quit LPing by now.
>>
>>26218740
>>26218740
I was never a huge fan of mathas, and RockLeeSmile has a genuine love for indie games but is a little too autistic and nasally tbqh
>>
>>26218772

Lel, I know what you mean about RockLeeSmile. He says he suffers from anxiety and used to suffer from it a lot. In his Terreria LP when he was digging his hellavator (however it's spelled) he told the story of how TotalBuscuit game him a shoutout in a video of his about who he thinks are some of the most underrated YT channels, and he said he felt the influx of viewers he got from that shoutout never really stayed since- after coming from TotalBuscuit- they found they weren't really into what he was offering, with him being quiet and stuff.

Mathas frustrates me sometimes but he's all I got. He recently ruined his Minecraft: Tekkit series by spoiling the new Star Wars movie in it for an entire episode then for the beginning of the following episode. It's a shame since that was my favorite ongoing series of his at the time, since he did those episode with a friend and I thought they really worked together. Minecraft is a simple game, so it was really just the two hanging out, y'know....

But, yeah. Tekkit hasn't had a new episode in like three weeks. it's probs dead
>>
>>26217902
You should have already known this. A thumbnail is the immediate thing that brings someone to click on your video, right next to a title.
If you cant figure out that major yet simple concept of producing content, just stop.
>>
>>26218824
RockLeeSmile has a good fan base so I don't feel bad about not watching, but Mathas I'm not too sure. I might give him a chance, I think you're right about the whole sellout thing though
JSmithOTI is senpai
>>
>>26218850
>If you cant figure out that major yet simple concept of producing content, just stop.

Hey, he's aiming to please; that's the point of this thread. He's eager to learn so now he knows better and will use this info to make more appealing content for you, his target audience.
>>
>>26218880

JSmith is pretty cool. I watched his very first introduction in the dinosaur game he played with Northernlion in its LLA and honestly I felt he gave off a really Reddit-tier vibe, so I stayed away from him, even though his channel that didn't even have any videos on it blew up. I watched like his something in a car video when he started making videos, and when he mentioned 4chan I just stopped watching his content for a while since I thought he was just a Redditfag trying too hard.

I gave his Tower Climb series a chance though, and even though he was like, a total LPing virgin in it, it was really comfy desu. I watched it till its natural end, and even the episodes he made beyond his first completing the game, but those were kind of forced, so they went to a halt really quick, anyway. Watched his Don't Starve series up until episode 69. I dunno why I stopped there.

Watched some of his Don't Starve Together series when he played with Mathas and Baer. I never finished any of them even though they've had like, several seasons of the series I guess, cause I kept losing track of the episodes since there were just so many. JSmith is cool, though.
>>
Bump for attention.
>>
>>26218881
dont be such a fucking pussy you bitch
>>
>>26216249

the opposite of the kikebros
>>
>>26216249
BIG FAT COW TITS
>>
Did your mommy fuck a NEET? Seems to be the only insult you know.
>>
>>26217968
yes, tovarisch! down with the reactionaries!
>>
>>26218709
>but he feels very strongly about certain things I disagree too vehemently with to be ok with consuming his content, now....
Spit it out
>>
I don't watch youtube because I don't like things enough to watch some chad or some greasy virgin talk about them
>>
File: Comfy Oranage Snow.jpg (23KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Oranage Snow.jpg
23KB, 236x354px
>>26216249
What are you going to make videos about if Neets are your target audience?
>>
>>26220825

Well I probably made it obvious in the post of mines that preceded that but I'm a furry, and it's all I know. Northernlion find furry stuff creepy, or whatever.

I also once called someone in his comments section a nigger alongside at least 400 words of argument explaining why they were wrong, and Northernlion deleted the comment without ever showing his face. I never even insulted the opposing party in any other way in my reply.

He believes children must always lose arguments, and that adults are always wiser, and not to be questioned by children. He believes if a child disagrees with an adult, they should just stop.

The furry thing was what made me stop watching his videos, though. It was just the final straw after being uneasy with him for a while due to how involved he was becoming with "memes" and shit like that.
>>
>>26218370
>>26218351
you eyeballin me?
>>
>>26220954

You're supposed to be Northernlion?
>>
>tfw no furry bf who makes fun of my shit taste in youtubers
>>
>>26220996

Nah, Northernlion's commentary is the best I've ever seen, it's just his personality that's poison imo.
>>
I'm a huge northernlion fan, it's hard not talking like him sometimes especially with his phrases

i kinda feel like it gives me a bit of an idea of what to talk about though after watching over 1000 hours of his stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=uWlhKhBrUL8
>>
>>26221011
what don't you like about his personality?

that he's a little too neutral and focused on never insulting anyones beliefs?
>>
>>26221055
>I'm a huge northernlion fan, it's hard not talking like him sometimes especially with his phrases

Everything's comin' up Milhouse sooner than later!
>>
>>26221011
I've never watched Northernlion, future bf.
>>
>>26221072

I guess it's not his personality but rather his opinions. Mainly just butthurt about his not entirely being ok with furries.

>>26221087

ooo. Yeah, I pretty much went and shit on every other LPer I've ever given a chance.
>>
>>26216249
I have a low attention span due to several mental problems so anything that's short or fast is good.
Usually edginess or humor holds my attention I guess.
>>
>>26221082
we'll cross that bridge when we come to it but it's nothing to sneeze at
>>
>>26221055
>youtube.com/watch?v=uWlhKhBrUL8

Just watched that entire video, and while in the beginning I felt your words seemed intentionally slowed and reactions intentionally exaggerated, it was a quite alright video. In the beginning I thought your LPing style was almost patronizing in a way, but it was just chill, you know? It's fine. I dropped you a like. Also:

>18:59:
>"Did you guys hear, by the way, like the 10-time champion of Starcraft 2; this guy called 'Life'- Korean, obviously-..."

topkek.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.