[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your scariest experience with fire?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What is your scariest experience with fire?
>>
2 Months ago my brother was eating off a paper plate in his back yard by a little fire pit thing, and he had a screen over his back yard, he threw the plate in the fire and we slowly watched it drift up to the screen and it started to catch, luckily he was able to grab a hose and put it out.
>>
>>26211867
Okay that would have been horrifying
>>
>>26211695
Last Year
>went to a basic safety training course to pad my resume
>part of it was firefighting
>instructors start a fire in a shipping container
>team of four goes in for ~60 sec to experience the blaze
>We suit up with full firefighter gear including oxygen tank and mask
>As soon as I step inside, my mask slips
>I start coughing and choking on thick smoke
>eyes burning, can't see anyway
>skin burning
>try to hold mask onto face with one hand, but can't loose contact with teammates or I'll die
>try to gasp for air but it's mostly ash and burning my throat
>think about breaking rank and running outside
>implying I could find my way out by myself anyway
>think about just laying down and waiting for rescue
>implying that wouldn't take longer than 60s.
>somehow manage to hold myself together enough to make it out
>finally get to entrance
>my tank gets stuck on the door frame
>I can feel the hot metal through my coat
>start feeling the blackness take me
>Instructor grabs my shoulder and pulls me out
>spend the rest of the day belching smoke
>still reflexively cringe and gag when I smell burning wood.

Moral of the story: Never try to be a hero in a burning building, you WILL an hero in under a minute. Smoke is no joke, but putting a rag over your face is.
>>
>>26212730
That's insane, I always wanted to be a firefighter but my social anxiety won't let me inquire about it.
>>
>>26212730
Do I have a better chance of surviving a burning building if I barricade doors behind me and trap people inside? After all air fuels the flame and people clog up the corridors.
>>
>>26212870
It really wouldn't have been that bad if I had just tightened my mask better.
I thought it was good enough, but my face is kinda gaunt. So when I took a deep breath it made a gap around my cheekbones.

I don't regret it tho. Good learning experience, it really taught me the power of fire and what true primal fear feels like.
The rest of the training was pretty fun. got to crawl around blindfolded looking for victims and stuff.

Another cool thing is wildland firefighting, a lot safer and you get to learn about predicting fire behavior and stuff. But most of the actual work just involves hiking around and digging ditches.
>>
>>26213267
Pretty interesting stuff. thanks anon
>>
>>26211695
Metaphorical fire? I freestyle & can tell stories about that if that's what you want
>>
>>26213267
Please answer Mr Fireman, is it ever a good idea to sacrifice the lives of others to preserve my own.
>>
>>26211695
I tried to put out a candle with my finger a few years ago
It fucking hurt
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.