[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti Depressants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: antidepressants_1673710c.jpg (18KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
antidepressants_1673710c.jpg
18KB, 460x288px
Why don't normies understand how weird it is to take mind-altering drugs? Why do they think it's totally normal to take a pill that changes how your mind works?

Maybe antidepressants are useful, but that's not the point. Normies genuinely just think of them as "mood boosters" or "a little extra happiness". It's super strange to me that they don't understand that your brain is you. Changing it with some pills should be a really big deal, but they all just shrug and don't care.

But they also think illegal drugs are all poison, even though they work the same as pharmaceutical drugs.
>>
>>26205527
>they also think illegal drugs are all poison
No, normies tend to be into drugs, at least marijuana. Being staunchly straightedge is more of a robot quality actually.
>>
>>26206655
Dubs speak the truth
>tfw avoid all alcohol and mind altering drugs
I'm fucking autistic
>>
File: 687681768378867.gif (169KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
687681768378867.gif
169KB, 267x199px
>>26205527

legal drugs treat diseases. All most antidepressants do is inhibit the re-uptake of serotonin, allowing it to float around the your brain for longer, therefore helping a clinically depressed person to feel normal and be functional.
>>
File: 1454257685976.jpg (38KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1454257685976.jpg
38KB, 500x374px
>>26205527
>your brain is you

Yes but why does that matter? Who you end up being depends on genetics and how you were raised. Things like dreams and desires are implanted by media and people who aren't "you". If you are depressed and hate living, there is literally nothing wrong with changing your brain chemistry. All those young adult movies that preach "just be yourself" are full of shit. You have to lie to yourself to fit in, and hopefully that lie comes true.
>>
>>26206843
>All most antidepressants do is inhibit the re-uptake of serotonin, allowing it to float around the your brain for longer, therefore helping a clinically depressed person to feel normal and be functional.

That's just the marketing slogan they use to get the goyim dependent on them. Fixing depression via serotonin uptake inhibition has never been scientifically proven. Having been on them before personally they don't fix shit except maybe helping Dr. Goldberg afford his second yacht which is why they say, "Oh that one makes you feel like shit and makes you want to kill yourself? Try this new one then, give it at least six weeks!"
>>
>>26207023
So is there anything a depressed person do to 'fix' themselves? I can guess your reactions to any other methods now:
>take pills for it
>good goyim take those pills for Dr. Goldberg
>get therapy
>good goyim talk to someone for Dr Goldberg.
>kill selves
>good goyim perpetuate the fall of the white race for Dr Goldberg.
>>
>>26207260

>take pills for it
>good goyim take those pills for Dr. Goldberg

That's correct.

>get therapy
>good goyim talk to someone for Dr Goldberg.

If therapy helps then do it.

The way a depressed person fixes themselves is by exercising, improving diet, finding rewarding employment and relationships, becoming someone people rely on instead of the other way around, all these things build confidence and tune your reward and happiness systems. That's too much work for 99% of robots who just want to wallow in pity here and claim that any change in their life is out of their control and their life is shit because of society and their parents. Believe whatever you want, Idc anymore.
>>
>>26207023
>scientifically proven
Oxymoron.

>what is FDA efficacy requirements
>what is clinical trials
Fuck off with your muh jews narrative
>>
>>26207484
Ah, you're the "just get yourself together brah you're just lazy" kind of person. I guess Kurt Cobain and Robin Williams were lazy robots who relied on others and had no good relationships or employment.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>26207586
>Oxymoron.
Fixing depression via SSRI still hasn't been proven, I guess a goyim like you just takes those pharmaceutical television ads for their word huh.

>Fuck off with your muh jews narrative
Yeah I guess big oil, big agro, and big pharma don't control the world silly me.

>>26207590
>You're a fucking idiot.
And you wallow on /r9k/ with no evidence or theories to the contrary. You're the fucking idiot.

Cobain killed himself because he couldn't kick heroin and Williams killed himself because he had 7 alimonies and a crippling illness. God you're a dumb fucking sperg.
>>
>>26207804
>no evidence or theories to the contrary

There are plenty. But they're all jew-science made be jews for goyims like me I guess.

>because he couldn't kick heroin
>because he had 7 alimonies and a crippling illness

So because they had shit in their lives they didn't have depression? You know how stupid you sound, right?
>>
>>26207871
>There are plenty. But they're all jew-science made be jews for goyims like me I guess.

I'm glad you're getting it.

>You know how stupid you sound, right?

Do you?
>>
>>26207925
>pointing out your obvious confirmation bias made by years of /pol/ shitposting
>lol you're getting it

You know how stupid you sound, right?
>>
>>26207804
You can't prove anything scientifically you dumb polack. You can just demonstrate evidence for or against it.

SSRI's have been shown in a clinical studies to be efficacious in treating depression. (Oh wait - those were just Goldberg funded studies, right? :^( )
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.