[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do antidepressants really work? just got some "sertraline"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
Do antidepressants really work?

just got some "sertraline" from the doctor and theyre my last hope to stop me from killing myself and get me out of this mind numbing depression
>>
Giving antidepressants to a suicidal person will cause more harm then giving them a gun.
>>
I put andyrepressants up my butt. It's a way of life bitch
>>
>>26201051

What went wrong in your life that caused you to be depressed?
>>
>>26201051
I take Prozac
Highly recommend
>>
>>26201051
Hate to say it but it wont do much op. It will make it even worse desu

>>26201128
Fuck you faggot what do you expect. Just asking that question shows you are a normie.
>>
>>26201064
retard.

OP take them, it will balenced your mood to help you get your life together then you get off them once your situation becomes more stable
>>
I took sertraline (zoloft) for about a year, then prozac for about 6 months following. The only changes I noted were a loss of libido, and these weird head flashes.

It was like a spark went off in my head, I'd get a fuzzy feeling and see the silver stars like when you hit your head. It was kinda cool actually.

I've been thinking about going back to the doctor.
>>
>>26201051
Yeah, they work. Don't listen to the stigma surrounding them. If you need 'em, take 'em. If you're actually that close to killing yourself, it's not like they can hurt anything.
>>
>>26201225
I second this
Hope you get the giggles sometime with them, they're fun as fuck
>>
>>26201266
this desu.

SSRIs + therapy is incredibly effective for dealing with mental illnesses, way more effective than either of the two by themselves.

Use them as a crutch to fix your life, don't expect them to have any effect by themselves.
>>
Kinda. But keep in mind they're not happy pills: in fact, they will dull all of your feelings. That and the side effects can be a bitch.
>>
I take Phenelzine I dont feel depressed anymore
>>
Some do, some don't. I'm on setraline. It keeps me from hurting myself. I've been on a bunch for the past 10-ish years and it's taken until recently to find a combo that works (lamictal, setraline, lexapro and xanax).
>>
I started on Zoloft 20 years ago and it did nothing for me. Effexor helped a lot as it uses a different mechanism. After maybe 12 years of that it didn't work as well so I was given Lexapro. It works well for me. I only have noticed side effects if I forget a pill. I also had therapy and use cognitive behavioral therapy I got training in at Recovery meetings. There's a website, of course, at http://www.recoveryinternational.org. And there are online chat meetings. Feel better anon.
>>
I self medicate with dxm. Antidepressant effects lasts a few days.
>>
I have been on Latuda for a year. It kind of helps but I have moments like fuck this I'm not going to take it. I have Lorazepam too to calm me down.
>>
Setraline completely killed my dick when I used it.

Citalopram made me feel like shit.

Venlafaxine didn't actually do anything.

Fluoxitine was similar to citalopram but I was more aware of how zombie like the drug was making me, eventually felt more suicidal after a week of taking it. Also it killed my dick.
>>
>>26201842
ya what the fuck
im on meds and i cant get it up anymore
went through january no fap easy
>>
no they dont. SSRIs are trash.

Dopamine related pills can help your motivation but only for a few months.
>>
>>26201912
if you don't create a better living situation after several months, you're better off just not living t b h f a m
>>
>>26201912
bs i take citalopram and havent fallen to suicidal depression tier that ends in me shooting heroin since 2007, so somethings working
>>
>>26201937
You're a failed normie with friends.

>>26201933
I agree, but it's not my fault normies make it so hard to suicide. If I could buy a gun in my country I'd be dead by now.
>>
>>26201051

Yes but keep in mind it's different for everyone. It'll take weeks for effects to truly kick in, so you may spend a lot of time trying different things out. You have to deal with certain side-effects as well. Be patient though, because when you find the right one, it can really help your depression. If something doesn't work, be honest with your psychiatrist/therapist/whatever and try to get something different. Don't just complain on /r9/ about how it just makes you feel dead inside, because antidepressants aren't supposed to do that.
>>
File: 1454125031094.jpg (129KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454125031094.jpg
129KB, 480x600px
>>26201912
>>26201912
This. No dope-no go.

Serotonergic antidepressants only work for people who are like SAD, not unmotivated or dysphoric.

If you want to feel the good again (ie smiling more, laughing more frequently, feeling like trying new things, feel like accomplishing goals, loving your hobbies, stronger orgasms, etc) then hop on a high dose of something like wellbutrin. Dopaminergic drugs are the way to go if you're a bot who can't get out of bed.

SSRIs will just make you apathetic as fuck. But, YMMV. Antidepressants are weird and have creepy effects sometimes. Find the right one and it can make you feel like you're on cloud 9 all the time-and the wrong one can give you strong delusions.
>>
>>26201051

I'm on Sertraline too and it helped me alot. You still need to visit a therapist though. Those things should go hand in hand.
>>
File: 943426.jpg (105KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
943426.jpg
105KB, 800x1067px
>>26201051
you're better off snorting ketamine or downing DXM once every couple of weeks until chemists can make a drug that stimulates neurogenesis without fucking with monoamines, or causing disassociation (even if it is pleasant)
psychotherapy can be useful too
dopaminergic psychostimulants definitely can relieve depression temporarily, the only drugs prescribed for depression (on label) that have dopaminergic effects (significantly) are sertraline and bupropion, they both have about the same effect on dopamine, but sertraline is a SRI while bupropion is a NRI primarily.
you could always go to a shrink and pretend to have ADHD

if you must take an SSRI, sertraline is probably one of the better ones, with it's minor DRI activity, but really all SSRI's are pretty terrible for treating depression (especially anhedonic depression)

diet and exercise can be useful
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.