[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dealing with depression etc.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: comfort.jpg (258KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
comfort.jpg
258KB, 500x500px
Just realised my depression along with social anxiety has given me bi polar disorder. I feel better knowing what it is now, but holy crap do I feel like shit.
How do you guys deal with bad depression (sports, hobbies or anything)?
also, can we get some comfy images pls?
>>
File: 1453744911592.png (650KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1453744911592.png
650KB, 612x612px
vidya usually helps
>>
File: heheh.jpg (33KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
heheh.jpg
33KB, 600x573px
>>26192066
I like to draw or paint, It's sort of like therapy;

One of the main reasons therapy is effective is because when you are saying your thoughts out loud it helps, you can see where you're at in life, in a way.

Drawing is sort of like this, when you draw, there are no guidelines, It's not like one of those self help books where you follow a chart, you're just illustrating how you feel on paper.

It helps, it does for me at least, I hope you get through this anon, I hope I can make it out of this place too.
>>
>>26192413
Not the guys above, but how do you get into drawing?

I do little doodles every once in a while. Is it just doodles that just get larger and larger?

As for me dealing with it. I like looking after my body, eating well trail running, lifting weights...when I can. But it feels good when I can, and after a very short period of consistency I see positive results, which is an extra bonus for getting routine in my life.
>>
File: 1451585506966.jpg (64KB, 850x659px) Image search: [Google]
1451585506966.jpg
64KB, 850x659px
read this anon

http://99u.com/articles/24401/a-makers-guidebook-9-stoic-principles-to-nurture-your-life-and-work
>>
only thing that mildly helps me is caffeine and going for long walks in nice surroundings
other than that I feel like shit all the time
>>
>>26192605
none of this shit helps when you have legit depression. you can't think or act your way out of it. depression and anxiety are a cause not an outcome
>>
>>26192534
Whenever I draw I don't have an idea in mind, I draw a few lines and build off of it, then continue as you like.

The whole point is to not worry about it, you're not trying to create a master piece, but you may like what you have come up with in the end; there is no "getting into it" really, unless you're trying to learn a certain style or whatever.

Creating symbols to represent things is an integral part of human nature, the ancient Egyptians did it and cavemen even did it, language stems from this too.

I'm getting off tropic but, yeah, I think you get the point.
>>
I find doing anything other than sitting at my computer helps. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming or lurking r9k, shit gets worse.

So I go for a walk, play a sport, draw, study, read, anything.
>>
You cant get bipolar disorder from anxiety and depression.
>>
>>26192706
>I draw a few lines and build off of it, then continue as you like.
I do this. Or I scribble a few lines here and there and challenge myself to turn it into something.

I'm no artist though.
>>
File: 190558688_a3338f4296.jpg (50KB, 290x425px) Image search: [Google]
190558688_a3338f4296.jpg
50KB, 290x425px
>>26192687
Ok take your jew pills that you love so much
Whatever is fine by me.
>>
>>26192768
I don't. But what you posted is suitable for someone who has the most mild case of depression imaginable. Someone who feels a little down because of something tangible. This is sadness, not clinical depression.
When barely have the mental energy to watch TV it's as irrelevant as smoking cigarettes to fix a broken leg.
>>
>>26192839
the whole idea of depression as incurable but treatable is only beneficial for companies selling happy pills for massive mark ups.

Why do you think terms such as nervous breakdowns have ceased to exist. Anything you can get over is gone, now you have it forever..oh but do take the pill plz Mr patient.
>>
>>26192920
I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and social anxiety disorder 4 years ago and haven't taken a single pill. I use exercise as my only treatment. you know why that works? It increases happy chemicals in the brain. I have to do at least one hour of cardio daily just to feel "normal".
I don't see what the point of your post is. You're trying to help but passive aggressively trying to make out that mental illness isn't real.
>>
>>26193001
also. mental illness existed a long long time before any pharmaceutical company decided to exploit it
>>
>>26192066
I dont really like talking about this here much but I enjoy painting graffiti at night. I live in a major city so it has a strong underground community, and it has really opened up a whole new world to me. I used to be so alone and now I roam the darkest, coldest alleys with people just like me all night long. You guys need to do what you love, and do it well, so that it leads you to people who love what you do. It'll change everything guys
Its quite soothing actually
>>
>>26192066
Work is the only thing that keeps my mind off depression. I actually look forward to work these days.
>>
>>26193227
The killer combo is dep + anxiety, because then you dread work the most of all. My job has slowly stopped giving me hours because I can no longer function socially.
>>
>>26192066
Bipolar is a meme diagnosis. Stop googling what is wrong with you and go see a shrink.
>>
>>26193001
I'm not well. I think.. or, am in denial about my mental illness and am not making the "progress" i wan't... whilst not knowing what I want. sorry
>>
>>26193279
Having a pity party doesn't help anything. I've suffered from horrible depression and anxiety my entire life and I'm 30. I've had a loaded shotgun in my mouth several times plus many other attempts. Have spent the vast majority of my life wishing I was dead with few ok parts sprinkled in. Still have horrible anxiety to the point where I need benzos just to function.
I take it you don't work in a field you enjoy? The only advice I have is to try and excel in something you're decent at and at least somewhat enjoy doing.
>>
>>26193330
>>26193001
and I no doubt have bias against pills since i reacted badly to them.

I think i just want to go back to pretending i had no mental illness when I only knew. Which I can never do. but I'm >>26192534
Its just been a shitty couple of years.

Anyway another thing that helps me, is talking to friends that can relate (if you have them) . Helps get one out of the discussions in ones head.
>>
>>26192066
I basicly force myself into uncomfortable situations. Lets say im at a party, ill get sort of tipsy, find the biggest group of chads or tyrones there, and just start talking to them.
>>
File: 1454054374204.jpg (25KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454054374204.jpg
25KB, 500x300px
>mfw im not a depressed faggot like half of this board
>>
>>26192066
My boss is wanting me to start taking medication but I don't want to loose my self again. Sometimes op I don't get if I have a problem myself or the worlds my problem. How did you convince yourself its you that's the problem
>>
>>26193723
Why are you here then.
>half
Why is that half here?
>>
>>26193958
To laugh at all the autists
>>
File: 1375886350108.png (110KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1375886350108.png
110KB, 625x626px
>>26193723
>>26193999
>>26193958
This is also bait.
>>
>>26194023
Shut up newfaggot
>>
>>26193488
I know you may have heard this but try weed whenever I feel very depressed I use it and it knocks me back on my feet to continue with life. It's not a meme, it really does help because it not only stimulates your brain reward center but it at least makes you somewhat happy. The way you dose also makes a huge difference so dont go crazy with it, do not depend on it.
>>
>>26194211
Maybe in the new year future. Almost 30 and not really tried it, but it is illegal in Blighty. But you don't measure life by the things you've not done.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.