[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point are you an alcoholic instead of just being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1347723507187.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1347723507187.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
At what point are you an alcoholic instead of just being a guy who drinks?
>>
>>26181334
There isn't a difference.
>>
File: Wonkblog Graphic.jpg (349KB, 1484x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Wonkblog Graphic.jpg
349KB, 1484x1502px
get over yourself. you have a long way to go.
>>
>>26181386
What the fuck does 1 ''drink'' consist of.
>>
>>26181460

it's a standard definition faggot

12 oz 5% beer
1.5 oz 80 proof liquor
5 oz wine (not sure what abv of wine is cause I don't drink it - probably about 12%)
>>
>>26181334
It's really a matter of personal opinion, but not even that can be trusted because everyone has different ideas of "acceptable" drinking.
My determination of an alcoholic:
>1+ drinks per day
>drinking in order to suppress emotion on a regular basis (more than once per week)
>drinking hard liquor (3+ drinks), alone or with company, more than 3-4x per week
>partying and getting trashed every weekend or more than twice a week

Having a beer or one hard drink at the end of the day does not make you an alcoholic, even if it's every day, unless you feel that you need to.

I rarely drink- only at parties or when I pick up a bottle (once every month to every 3 months)- and MAYBE 2-3x per week (when in possession of said bottle), max

This was no doubt an original post and a blog.
>>
>>26181990
>1+ drinks per day
meant 2+
>>
>>26182042
>2+ drinks/day
>alcoholic
wew lad wewewewewew
>>
I think the cutoff is when you're looking forward to drinking, but not because you get to socialize or meet people. But just because you want to get drunk for whatever reason.

But his probably applies to most teenagers, so I'd say this only works for 18+.
>>
>>26182196
>I think the cutoff is when you're looking forward to drinking, but not because you get to socialize or meet people. But just because you want to get drunk for whatever reason.

What if it's because you enjoy the taste?
>>
>>26181507
one drink = one glass of 37,5%
i dont know in ml.
>>
>>26182220
Well I think there is a difference between drinking to get drunk(numb) and drinking to enjoy the taste. You should be able to distinguish. But that's just my opinion, so don't take my word for it.
>>
How do people even become alcoholics? I always get really bad hangovers and I don't want to go to work feeling like that. I drink maybe once a week if that.
>>
>>26181507
>Implying I know what an ''oz'' is

use civilized measurements for fucks sake
>>
>>26182288
Well I for one must have some kind of genetic disposition towards very mild hangovers. My ancestors from fathers side have pretty much all been known to drink a lot. Honestly I've never puked the second day, worst thing that happens if I drink a slightly larger amount of alcohol(like 12 beers or a pint of 40% alcohol) is that I feel a little washed up, but I can function normally, my head never hurts once I drink some water in the morning. Only time I ever puke is during drinking(which is rare anyways) so it's not a hangover as much as alcohol poisoning.

Compare that to my relatives who spend their whole day in bed unable to do fucking anything. I've been blessed in a very strange way. I've actually made couple people sick by waking up after a party and taking a shot first thing in the morning.
>>
File: 5742_34b8.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5742_34b8.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>26181334
When you drink not because you want to, but because you have to. Stop for a week and see which side are you on.
>>
>drinks to get drunk, not because they enjoy the taste
>drinks more than 4 units in one session (men) or 2 units in one session (women)
>drinks over 12 units per week
>drinks hard liquor on their own

If you meet any of the criteria listed above, you are an alcoholic.
>>
>>26182481
>If you meet any of the criteria listed above, you are an alcoholic.
>meet any of the criteria listed above
>any of the criteria
>any

Up until I finished reading your post I thought I was okay.
>>
>>26182481
What the actual fuck? I easily drink 20 units of alcohol in a night when I'm drinking and I only drink 1x a week, am I an 'alcoholic' too now?
>>
>>26182481
you have no idea what alcoholism actually is
>>
I don't have any problems that would make me an alcoholic i just enjoy drinking, i like when you're quite buzzed and music is like someone spraying squirty cream into your ears. (really really fucking nice)
>>
>>26182565
One can be an alcoholic, even if he drinks just on one day a week. Body can addict to any dose of alcohol, when it's being provided regularly.
>>
>>26182390
I can't even have one pint without needing a days worth of sleep to recover.
>>
>>26182650
One pint of hard liquor? I mean that's a lot, even if it's just 40% liquor of just one brand. There is no shame about that. Also not having hangovers isn't that great really. It just removes the inhibition and I drink more than I would have if I had hangovers like a normal person.

It's kind of like pain. I mean sure, it sucks when something hurts you, but without it you wouldn't know something is wrong.
>>
>>26182680
>I mean that's a lot, even if it's just 40% liquor of just one brand

Oh god, one of these retards who thinks different types/brands of alcohol affect you differently. You've probably never been drunk a day in your life, kiddo.
>>
>>26182734
Well they do. Some of the additives/flavors just don't really sit well with me. That's what I meant.
>>
File: pepe16.png (339KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
pepe16.png
339KB, 680x680px
I wish I could drink to relieve the stress of living, I really do. But my stomach can't handle alcohol. Every time I try to drink liquor I end up running to the bathroom and vomiting.
>>
Alcoholism is a self-diagnosed disease. So if you're wondering if you're are an alcoholic, you are.
>>
>>26181334
When you start to make normies uncomfortable.
Dont accept their labels senpai.
>>
>>26182481
So everyone is an alcoholic?

Bongcucks gonna cuck
>>
>>26182481
>drinks more than 4 units in one session (men) or 2 units in one session (women)

Alright, fair enough. And I say that as someone who meets the last criteria.

>drinks hard liquor on their own

Hard liquor can be perfectly enjoyable to sip on on its own. You don't need to just pound back shots.
>>
Personally, I think you're an alcoholic if you drink in the morning. Or any kind of planned day drinking. Thats what separates to from society when you get sick from not drinking so you compensate by drinking constantly...
>>
File: steel.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
steel.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
For awhile I was going to the store at 6am to buy these several times a week. I liked walmart because the employees there are so fucked, there is no judgment.
>>
>>26182798
pretty much. if you know your drinking is holding you back in some way, yet you still keep drinking; you're an alcoholic.
>>
>>26182891
>Hard liquor can be perfectly enjoyable to sip on on its own. You don't need to just pound back shots.
I think they mean without other people.
>>
>>26182481
Fuck.

>drinking in order to suppress emotion on a regular basis (more than once per week)
FUUUCK

Right now I've wanted to drink ever since I got home, and I'm just staving it off. I also stopped tasting my wine, I just slam it back as if it were soda.
I know I have a problem but I don't really want to stop either.
>>
>>26182938

I know. My point is that drinking hard liquor for the taste is no different from drinking beer or wine for the taste. If he personally doesn't like the taste of hard liquor, that's fine, I'm not going to be one of those guys who calls him a pussy for it, but he shouldn't be projecting his personal distaste for it into: "I don't enjoy how this tastes, so anyone who does must have a problem."

And once again, this is coming from someone who has no problem admitting he has a problem with the amount he drinks.
>>
Unless you convulse and have seizures when you go without alcohol, you aren't a true alcoholic.
>>
>>26182734
>Oh god, one of these retards who thinks different types/brands of alcohol affect you differently.
>what are congeners/sulfates
>>
>>26182160
>drinking every day
enjoy your cirrhosis
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.