[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i know if im schizophrenic without going to a mental

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: grease.jpg (54KB, 491x621px) Image search: [Google]
grease.jpg
54KB, 491x621px
how do i know if im schizophrenic without going to a mental health professional
>>
if you're worried about being schizophrenic, you're not schizophrenic
>>
>>26176891
I am a schizophrenic and this is not true.
>>
>>26176891
Not true.

I was worried about being a schizo after my older brother had it. I heard shit, especially at night. It turns out I was so worried about it that I was creating delusions out of fear. After I calmed down they went away.

The key difference between me and my brother is that my delusions were notably fake to me. To him they were real.

Also if you can pick a personality for your delusions, please pick Hitler.
>>
>>26176877
There's no real way to get diagnosed without a professional opinion. Unless you want to me miserable for the rest of your life you'll need to see a professional to get prescribed the medication to treat the condition as well.
>>
You can test it by way that you bring AK47 to school and start Screaming :
Some of you guys are alright dont go to Alabama tomorrow.

If people dont notice you, than you probably dont have.
>>
>>26176938
what did you hear at night? and do you mean your brother heard the same things then?
>>
>>26176877
all mental problems are caused by social issolation
>>
>>26176891
Absolutely untrue. Schizophrenia isn't a death sentence desu, unfortunately the medications they use don't actually help people deal with the condition, they just hide the symptoms. Meds get disrupted then it all comes back worse than ever.

The key to working with schizophrenia is being able to manage your paranoia. The other shit makes you a little odd but isn't that big of a deal. I still hear voices around bedtime (the stuff in the morning is usually sleep paralysis) but I recognize them as part of me and not external to me.

>>26178338
Horseshit. It's a two way street, some people isolate because they are mental, others are mental because they isolate.
>>
>>26178388
so you're saying
>mental issues --> isolation
>isolation --> mental issues

what i'm saying
isolation <=> mental issues

so is it complete horeshit what i'm saying? these two subjects obviously have something in common
>>
>>26178388
also what voices do you hear at bedtime i'm really curious
>>
File: 1453233574987.jpg (167KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
1453233574987.jpg
167KB, 1024x773px
>not being based undiagnosed schizo master race with classically handsome features and a savant level intelligence in everything you do
>not spending 14 hours a day, every day, without fail obsessively mastering your craft because if you don't the voices will become louder and louder until you have to drink yourself into a unconscious state to stop them

My parents took me to the doctor age twelve and they basically told them that I'm a rare case because I was already showing signs of being a schizo nutcase. I actively choose to be an ''outcast'' as people make me sick... I mean, literally. I've vomitted before purely because of a manifestation of disgust that runs so deep I cannot speak to people without wanting to spit. People constantly try to befriend me and I've been told many times from both women and men that there is just ''something about me'' something that makes them want to associate with me. I shun them, though.
It's like you don't even want to live forever and achieve endless glory. I've shunned so many friends, women and family so that I can work and have risen above all forms of popular culture... except 4chan, 4chan is my guilty pleasure and atleast some intelligent discussion happens here occasionally.

The only thing I need to become Ubermensch is my own plot of land which I can maintain and live from.
>>
>>26176877
Even if you are, there's nothing you can do about it.

Focus on fixing your problems and improving your quality of life.
>>
>>26176891
>self-aware =/= insane
This is not at all true.

>>26176877
Have a gander at this.
https://www.dnalc.org/view/899-DSM-IV-Criteria-for-Schizophrenia.html

One of the important things to grasp is that with these conditions there is significant overlap in the potential diagnosis based upon the observable symptoms. Speaking specifically to schizophrenia though there is an emphasis on "hallucinations" and "voices" how people generally want to diagnose it, especially people with no real understanding of what it is like to be a schizophrenic, but everyone's experience of mental health is different even if the conditions seem to be similar. Whatever the case it is you need to pay great attention to your cognitive processes and unconscious urges, and find some reading material.

Honestly, find some reading material related to what you think is going in with your head, talk to people as well if you can - anything with a goal towards having a perspective on the way you function in society.
>>
File: 158494.png (289KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
158494.png
289KB, 312x400px
Where is my fellow schizos at?

Got my first Abilify injection yesterday and my right butt cheek is still feeling funny.
>>
DO NOT
GO
TO
A
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL

THEY WILL DRUG YOU,AND IT WILL SUCK
>>
>>26178658
u still on drugs?
>>
>>26178508
what craft you tryna master bro?
>>
>>26178492
Murmuring in an incomprehensible vaguely middle eastern sounding language. I don't know what they say but I used to try and interpret them and lived my life according to my interpretations.

In reality it's probably just gibberish.
>>
im dating a girl with schizophrenia...its really exhausting just for me. can't image what she goes through.
>>
>>26178658
>be suicidal and have thoughts of killing everyone around me throughout my life
>if I ever revealed these thoughts to anyone they would've strapped me to a table and pumped me full of psychoactive substances with deluded staff fucking with you
At first I was just edgy, but now I know society is sick and in need of mass cleansing.
>>
File: 1406318348491.jpg (63KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1406318348491.jpg
63KB, 499x499px
IM SCHIZO IM SCHIZO IM SCHIZO AND IM OFF MY MEEEDS NEENER NEENER NEENER YOU CANT DO ANYTHING THE DOCTOR CANT MAKE ME THE DOCTOR CANT MAKE ME NEENER NEENER UP YOURS FAGGOTS
>>
>>26178640
Schizophrenic here. Somedays I feel like the most unlucky person on the planet. On normal days I sit around and wonder why I hove done the weird shit I have done and seen the crazy shit I have seen. Manic days are the best because its either like a free drug trip or having all of my greatest fantasies come true. I'm highly delusional and spent months at a time beleiving I was an immortal cyborg prince who traveled back in time to live the best life ever. I spent an afternoon crying because I remembered the death of my last wife in 1600s France. That wife was Taylor Swift btw.
>>
My parents refused to let me see anyone about mental stuff in high school and now I simply don't know how to check simply for curiosity's sake
>>
>>26179059
what did you interpret the voices as then? what did you think they said
>>
>>26179136
do you live alone?
>>
Is it schizophrenia if you have the delusions and avoidance as well as paranoia (being more based on social than government spying on you in this case) but without hallucinations?
>>
>>26179193
Yeah. I was homeless for awhile then my dad let me live in the garden shed in his backyard once I was diagnosed. Eventually I got on disability and am living in an apartment of my own. I am medicated so life is a lot less scary these days.
>>
>>26179150
they did it for you own good, they know theyle just give you pills and that that's not the answer

my parents did the same when i was sure i had ADD or whatever the fuck cause i didn't give a single fuck about the stuff in highschool but hey turns out no fucking body cares about 95% of the stuff you're "supposed" to learn there

and to be fair i just wanted adderal cause i tried it from a friend of mine and i did really work to get studying done but in the end the pills will fuck you over
>>
>>26179249
so what pills u taking?
>>
File: 1452028239011.gif (45KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452028239011.gif
45KB, 462x700px
>>26176877
I just want some psychotherapy
but if I tell them the truth they're going to give me antipsychotics, they've already tried to in the past too, it was horrible

what do familia
>>
>>26179280
You don't have to take any drugs they want to prescribe you, you know. It's completely your decision. It would be nice if we could choose what drugs they DO prescribe us, but alas we are at their whim.
>>
>>26179267
risperidone and bupropion. I have to get a med switch and higher doses though cuz im starting slip into old habits.
>>
>>26179280
find someone else who want's psychotherapy and learn from each other

i other words get a depressed gf so you can make each other happy

much easier said than done i know but yeh, "nooobody saaaid it was easyyyy"
>>
File: 1445801825350.jpg (213KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445801825350.jpg
213KB, 1280x960px
http://schizophrenia.com/earlysigns.htm

My mother is schizophrenic and I find it creepy how closely this list of early warning signs of schizophrenia applies to me
>>
>>26179311
but taking more is never the solution with drugs anon :/ it's like chasing the purple dragon

i know it must be hard to quit those pills but it's the only thing i can imagine working out
>>
>>26179354
schizophrenia blows though.
>>
>>26179335
lmao senpai those are some general ass fucking symptons

every person in the entire world has had those
>>
>>26179335
>>26179373
yeh was just about to post this, what a fucking retarded site
>>
>>26179370
who told you you had schizo? did you tell it yourself? was it a doctor?
>>
>>26179228
no
its a schizoid or schizotypal disorder
>>
File: 1430106866399.png (86KB, 304x287px) Image search: [Google]
1430106866399.png
86KB, 304x287px
>>26179335
>--Involuntary movements of the tongue or mouth (facial dyskinesias). Grimacing at the corners of the mouth with the facial muscles, or odd movements with the tongue.
>--Parkinsonian type symptoms- rigidity, tremor, jerking arm movements, or involuntary movements of the limbs

I thought these were dangerous side effects of anti-psychotics? I guess they're referring to catatonic behavior. Makes me wonder how you can tell whether a schizo is being catatonic or if he's having an averse reaction to his meds or if it's both happening at the same time.
>>
Do meds help with schizophrenia?
I've been put on high doses of Appriprizole, Quetiapine (currently) and Respiridone for Psychosis and every one of them just makes me tired.
>>
>>26179434
>look up schizotypal
>ots literally me to a T
Thanks senpaitachi
>>
File: Pip.Bernadotte.full.389648.jpg (116KB, 709x649px) Image search: [Google]
Pip.Bernadotte.full.389648.jpg
116KB, 709x649px
>>26178640
Schizo getting better at dealing with schizo here (also high functioning aspergers - that one actually diagnosed)

Never medicated and never been on the streets because of dumb luck and friends/family willing to help me out without asking too many questions. I'm starting to realise just how complex my own mental defence mechanisms are and how removed from actually protecting me like they were designed for in the first place. I could say a lot more, but that's never fun and would take too long for an Taiwanese fishery forum.

So for things people enjoy reading. I used to never sleep at night and played video games instead to take my mind off the creatures waiting at the foot of my bed for me. I know that they take their form from my imagination and my comprehension of evil so that they have gone from marching ants and spooky ghosts in my childhood to the skinless/shadowy/demonic apparitions standing still and staring at me with hateful, unblinking eyes. Sometimes I'd try my best not to move in case that drew them closer, sometimes I'd feel their (imagined) movement next to me. Sometimes my dreams would terrify me so much that I'd wake up from them with the images of whatever challenged me in my vision still - which was especially surprising to the malicious old man driving a miniature Ferrari into my legs when I leapt out of my bed to try to choke him.

That stuff happens less involuntarily now, though talking about it like this reminds me the messed up pathways in my mind are still there.
>>
this is how my girlfriend described it to me...
>>
>>26178472
>isolation <=> mental issues

but that's not the same as

>all mental problems are caused by social issolation

there's only one direction in that original statement. you forgot some sort of "vice versa" statement
>>
>>26179658
Did you break up with her? Does she just mean the first two or did something happen?

That said it's a bit similar to that, except when you are even better you kinda push your mind away from thinking like that (though the ability to call up the apparitions is there in a kind of PTSD way).
>>
>>26179658
I enjoy it quite honestly. They are my only friends.
>>
File: 1410050557039.jpg (40KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1410050557039.jpg
40KB, 406x364px
I'm seeing really weird shit right now. I just saw lobster turn into a crawfish turn into a huge beetle. And now I'm seeing fractal patterns faintly placed over my computer screen. It's so fascinating to watch them twirl and move around. I feel like I'm on shrooms or something, these geometric patterns are so intricate and beautiful. I've read that the receptor that psychedelics hit is overactive in schizophrenics, producing experiences similar to a drug trip. Sometimes they take the shape of small animals, only to be dissolved back into the patterns.

I wish I could somehow draw the things I'm seeing, but it's too complex and it's moving far too fast. Maybe there could be some sort of code in these symbols that I need to decipher. Surely these patterns are shown to me for a reason.
>>
>>26179696
no I didn't break up with her. she said it got worse for a couple weeks hence the last picture

>>26179724
sometimes they're nice to her sometimes they're not. Bob for instance doesn't like me very much.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.