[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you afraid of death? Be honest.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

Are you afraid of death? Be honest.
>>
What's to fear?
>>
File: waa.png (34KB, 403x409px) Image search: [Google]
waa.png
34KB, 403x409px
Im afraid of pain, and the pain my death would cause to those who care about me. But Death is a part of things.
>>
File: 49469530_p0.jpg (903KB, 1535x1092px) Image search: [Google]
49469530_p0.jpg
903KB, 1535x1092px
>>26175925
I'll be dead so who cares
>>
>>26175925
In general? No.

I'd probably be scared if faced with my impending death though.
>>
File: pepe holy war.png (1002KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
pepe holy war.png
1002KB, 1200x960px
I ain't afraid to die anymore. I done it already.
>>
I died inside now I'm just a zombie
That's empty
>>
I am because there is no point to being dead. You can only experience things when you are alive.
Once you die you can't go back.
>>
>>26175925
One of my worst worries, in fact I spend hours reading anything about inmortality. I don't want to die...
>>
>>26176161
If i had the choice to be immortal i would accept in a heartbeat
>>
>>26176161
>>26176175
Immortality would get insufferably boring.
>>
>>26176216
Why would immortality be insufferably boring? People say this but it doesn't make sense
>>
yes
its instinctual to be afraid of death, everyone is afraid
>>
>>26176295
You will have eventually done everything you've ever wanted to, and have everything you've ever wanted to have. You will have fulfilled every one of your desires. It's these desires that make life meaningful, it's having something to do or look forward to. Without them, you are purposeless.
>>
>>26176216
it's only boring if all you do is sit on your ass and shitpost all day

you could go to all parts of this planet and by the time you're done we'd have probably have space travels so you can do it all over again on another planet
>>
>>26176354
Then what happens when you're finished doing all of that?
>>
>>26176330

Nah. Zen masters aren't afraid
>>
>>26175925

Not so much afraid of death as afraid of the afterlife. I had an NDE when I was a kid and went to heaven. Didn't see God or Angels but I did see plenty of people, family and Jesus. I honestly don't know if everything I've done now as an adult would disqualify me from going back to heaven.

My mother, an evil woman also had an NDE but she went to hell. I'll never forget seeing her lifeless, pale body laying in bed for what seemed like an eternity, only for her screaming bloody murder and begging for forgiveness and telling me that she was just in hell.

When she calmed down she told me everything that happened, she was never religious either and we never went to church.
>>
>>26176392
DMT is a hell of a drug
>>
>>26176370
you're never gonna finish because the universe is limitless
>>
Not of death itself, more about the moments leading to death. I hate pain, i tried stabbing myself once and it hurt way more than i expected
>>
>>26176392
You're lying, right? I've heard people say this shit before but it has to be lies, it has to be.
>>
>>26176423

Neither me nor my mother have done drugs other than her socially drinking but whatever makes you feel better about your beliefs.
>>
>>26176371
first off how do you know somebody elses feelings huh
>>
>>26176430
No, the universe has limits.
>>
File: 1454277006141.jpg (132KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454277006141.jpg
132KB, 800x600px
Not really. I have no joy or purpose in life. I wageslave and try to seem successful only to make my mom proud. After she passes i'll have no problem with death.
>>
>>26176438

By the time you die there will hopefully be euthanasia, and if you die in a freak accident then hopefully the shock will numb the pain or you will get a heart attack and die
>>
>>26176439
>You're lying, right? I've heard people say this shit before but it has to be lies, it has to be.

I wish it was, fear of hell is the only thing keeping me alive desu senpai. I've lived a really fucking shit life
>poor
>no father
>beaten so bad, ended up in foster care twice
>no friends, tons of bullies
>manlet
all I've wanted is for it to end already but I don't want to risk an heroing and ending up in Hell for all eternity. I'd be willing to go throughout it for a couple days but forever? Fuck that.

I've read various views on suicide and Christianity, trying to find a loophole. Some believe you go straight to hell, while other Christians believe that if you're born with a mental illness, it wasn't your fault so you don't suffer anymore and go to heaven. What I saw was very real to me and i'll never forget that experience.
>>
>>26176474
since there's no way prove if either is true then let's just agree to disagree
>>
To all of you edgy fags who 'wish' to die have you ever came close to dying?

I used to get suicidal thoughts every now and then but then I had this awful fever and even though I was sleepy all the time I was really afraid to close my eyes for fear of never waking up again.
>>
>>26175925
I am afraid of my parents dying, not so much myself.

I just want to disappear while they are still healthy so that I don't have to be around when it happens.
>>
I think of death as something necessary and possitive, though dying self scares me quite a lot. If it didn't I would've probably offed myself a long time ago.
>>
>>26176541
>there's no way prove if either is true
Yes there. The universe works according to incredibly specific rules.
See:
>Thermodynamics
>Quantum physics
>Classical mechanics
>Electromagnetism
+ literally every single field of science.
>>
>>26176613
>The universe works according to incredibly specific rules.

yeah, rules that are revised every few decades
>>
>>26176687
It doesn't matter if we know them or not, the rules are there and they aren't changing.
>>
I mean it's not that scary, but if I can reincarnate I would choose it.

Even as a toilet, wouldn't complain.
>>
>>26175925

No, everyone dies. I kind of find it comforting.
>>
>>26175957
I was like that when I was a kid, just afraid of the pain before dying.
Now, I don't really care.

I don't understand why people should fear death, you either go in heaven or it's nothingness like before you were born.
>>
im afraid not having given my life value
>>
>>26176175
This is retarded because the government would track you down and hold you capture and start to experiment on you forever.
>>
>>26176370
The human brain won't be able to remember all this information and you will forget. Thus you can do it all again like it is the first time
>>
I'm not really afraid of being dead. It sounds peaceful after it's done. I am however a little concerned about the act of dying though.
>>
>>26176392
How do you know you saw Jesus? And if you weren't Christian before the NDE/believed in Jesus then why did you go to heaven?
>>
>>26175925
I embrace it.
>>
>>26177213
The human brain's long-term memory capacity is infinite.
>>
>>26177204
but thats a good thing
>>
No, I'm not afraid of death and believe both in the afterlife and that God won't let me die until I've achieved something.

I am afraid of car crashes though. The idea of just suddenly blinking out of the world scares me more than actually dying.
>>
>>26176351
this assumes that the entirety of existence is just as static as you are. things will change and so will desires and motivations and aspirations. if you went back in time 1000 years you wouldn't necessarily become purposeless because you've lost all your normal desires, you'd make new ones in a new time.
>>
File: 224755_1985526240144_6287114_n.jpg (82KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
224755_1985526240144_6287114_n.jpg
82KB, 479x720px
>>26177331
>god
based retard
>>
>>26176439
NDEs are essentially just the dying mind's addled imaginations. Usually people who claim to have them aren't lying but they didn't literally go to heaven either, they merely hallucinated they did.
>>
>>26175925
I'm not worried about death
I'm worried about dying

If illness was eradicated and you simply died in your sleep I don't think many would be afraid of death. Just gotta pray something takes me in my sleep.
>>
Not really. I like death, not because of its dark like properties but because how after death your body gives nutrients to other forms of life. That makes me happy.
>>
>>26175925
No. I'm not looking forward to it but I think it would be a relief on my family so I look at it as a good thing
>>
>>26177334
That's my line of thinking. If i feel like i have accomplished everything and am bored.
I would just freeze myself and return in like 200 years and begin all over again.
>>
>>26177213
forgeting everything is basically the same as dieing

the 2500 you will have fun on the moon but the 2016 you will be long dead
>>
Not at all, in fact I can't wait to die.

>inb4 edgy
I'm curious
>>
Death itself doesn't seem scary at all, it is a natural condition everyone will reach someday. But the process of dieing and the pain connected with it seems scary to me, but probably most people feel like that
>>
>>26177334
It doesn't matter how much your desires change. You will always manage to achieve them until you run out of stuff to do.
>>
>>26175925
I'm scared of it because I don't know what will happen after even though i don't believe in afterlife and all that shit.
>>
The way I see it death is only bad for the living. A reminder about what's to come. It's not bad for the dead.
>>
the thing that really scares me is the process, like other anons said

imagine having a stroke and knowing "well thats it goodbye world"

got shivers just writing that
>>
>>26177421
So you could have a real reincarnation. I see no problem here
>>
Good death is its own reward

I am afraid of a bad one
>>
File: 09ae58000ef1d3c643a6c5580f5b25ef.png (641KB, 800x1184px) Image search: [Google]
09ae58000ef1d3c643a6c5580f5b25ef.png
641KB, 800x1184px
>tfw no suicidal friend to chat about death with
Anyways I'm not afraid of death. Only thing I'm afraid is the pain before it comes like hanging/falling/squished
>>
i am afraid of the pain coming with it
>>
>>26176573
I ODd on respiridone and ended up not being able to stop moving my head to the side, thought I was on my way to becoming a veggie.

Was so much more afraid of that than dying
>>
>>26177505
Not being able to live your life well is the only thing that scares me more than being dead,
>>
>>26177437
as long as everything else continues to change then you'll never run out of things to do.
>>
I'm incredibly afraid of death. Thinking about my conciousness ceasing to exist makes me very anxious, almost like a panic attack sometimes. I don't care about the pain or the suffering just the cessation of my conciousness. I would kill people if it meant I lived longer.
>>
how do i stop fearing death when smoking weed guys?
>>
>>26175925
Not really. I'm only scared that I won't fulfill my potential and pretty much waste whatever I was able to (or supposed to) do for others.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.