[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential cool things to own? So far I bought

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: ZIPPO.jpg (103KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ZIPPO.jpg
103KB, 1024x1024px
What are some essential cool things to own?

So far I bought a zippo, a cool flask, and an intricate musical pocket watch.

Do you know of any other products that are really cool or really sturdy?

Remington 1858 New Army (Cool)

Wather PPK (Cool)

Swiss army knife (COOL)

GLOCK (really sturdy)
>>
That's what I thought being cool was. When I was 13.
>>
you can have mints with you, altoids would be recommended, and if a girl wants a mint or something, you can give them a mint or two. you can be that guy with the mints. mark the mint man they might call you
>>
That huge army knife everyone has

Range rover

Motorcycle

Some C4

Opioids

Russian food rations

Large set of tools

Radioactive uranium ore

Big supply of toothpicks

A trumpet

Gaseous chlorine

A guitar
>>
I heard Zippos aren't all that cool and that they leak fluid everywhere.

Bics aren't great either. If you light the flame and turn them on their sides, you can hear the fluid spilling out. It goes "fissss".
>>
>>26143902
I bought a zippo and stopped using it cause it is worthless when lighting a bong.
>>
>>26144054
Get a torch zippo. They're great for lighting bowls.
>>
Zippos look cool but it's better to have a bic or a butane lighter.

Pocket watches are stupid.

If I had more money I'd get a nice expensive watch. I only have a $50 g-shock right now but it's the best digital sports watch in that price range.

Timberland boots or redwing boots are good. I bought a pair or redwing Irish setters and redwing wool socks and they're very comfy together and very well made.

If I was going to get a pistol I'd just get a plain medium sized 6 shooter revolver in .38 or .357 from a well known brand. I notice that gun nuts love semi-autos and spend a lot of time taking them apart, cleaning and lubing them, and getting a bunch of bullshit "upgrades" like extended magazines, flashlight, laser dot, suppressor, etc, even though they're probably never gonna use it in a life or death situation anyways, and semi-autos can jam up if they're dirty or wet. Unless you're a soldier, gangster, or cop, there's really no need to get a semi-auto instead of a revolver. It's something to look cool and trick you into wasting a lot of money on it as a hobby instead of just shooting it at the range and keeping it by your bed or in a holster.

I got a decent pair of sunglasses from the gap for $15. Before that is buy cheapo $5 dollar shades from gas stations and I notice a definite difference in quality and fit.

Don't be one of those "cool guys" that carries a money clip instead of a wallet. It's not inconspicuous and there's no good place to keep your drivers license or secret cards. It's a dumb fad.
>>
>>26143902

Katana, man bitches love katana
>>
Rubix Cube
>>
>>26144220
>and semi-autos can jam up if they're dirty or wet. Unless you're a soldier, gangster, or cop, there's really no need to get a semi-auto instead of a revolver. It's something to look cool and trick you into wasting a lot of money on it as a hobby instead of just shooting it at the range and keeping it by your bed or in a holster.

Yet, if a semi-auto jams or malfunctions it's relatively easy to fix. Rack the slide a few times and you'll probably clear it. If your revolver malfunctions you're fucked.
>>
File: 1437687665623.jpg (30KB, 352x515px) Image search: [Google]
1437687665623.jpg
30KB, 352x515px
>>26144220
> I think I'm john Wayne so revolvers are obviously superior

> I don't have the money to buy a half-decent automatic or half-decent ammo for it that won't jam

> I'll never have to fire more than 5/6 shots in a self-defense situation because I'm a fucking deadeye based on my years of counter strike experience

k
>>
How many knives does a man really need? Swiss Army knife, a good size buck knife, a big combat/Bowie knife. Any more than that is excessive.

Never use a knife as a self defense weapon unless you have nothing else. A blackjack telescoping baton is much more practical. switchblades are illegal in most areas and aren't very sturdy. Butterfly knives aren't sturdy at all either. Pepper spray and stun guns/tasers are silly fads.

In a survival or zombie apocalypse scenario you'll be better off with a good machete and crowbar or baseball bat rather than any kind of sword or mace. Swords are heavy and expensive and overly
Specialized weapons.

Compound bows with sights are generally the better option for survival and self defense compared to crossbows or simple recurve bows. Better firing rate and good accuracy, easy enough to use.
>>
>>26144530
>How many knives does a man really need? Swiss Army knife, a good size buck knife, a big combat/Bowie knife. Any more than that is excessive.

>mfw reddit.com/r/edc

>3 knives
>2 multi tools
>1 semi auto pistol, 1 revolver, 1 pocket pistol
>tactical pen
>sysadmin
>>
>>26144417
>>26144496
>racking the slide in a tense confrontation where every second counts

>thinking you'll get in a huge 5 minute long firefight like some kind of action movie

Nope. A violent thug will either rob you or not rob you. There won't be more than a few bullets fired from either party. Every second counts. Have fun with your "hobby", real men use guns as utilitarian tools.
>>
>torch lighters
>Soviet firearms
>calculator watches
>anything that runs on diesel
>oil lanterns
>vinyl records
>reel-to-reel players
>anything with vacuum tubes
>recreational use of anesthetic
>Volvo, SAAB, AMC, Lincoln
>Gretsch guitars
>>
>>26144568
Not sure what you're implying. I'm not talking about having this stuff on your person or in your car. I'm talking about having it in your home for an emergency.

You should only carry one or two small things with you every day.
>>
A medical mask with a skull jaw if you want to be edgy
>>
>>26144054
oh my god. i imagined someone actually doing that and laughed out loud. i wanna get stoned now
>>
>>26144664
I was making a joke about the idiots who post an armory as their "every day carry" as if they need multiple knives and guns while sitting in a chair making sure Apache doesn't crash.

Then they post stories "yeah i used my knife to cut an apple today lol".
>>
>>26144417
If a revolver malfunctions it's either broken or a dud round. Very rare for them to break unless it's a shitty brand, semi's can break easier. If you get a dud round with a revolver you simply pull the trigger again. If you get a dud round with a semi you have to cock it and then pull the trigger. The answer is clear
>>
File: 1440465512796.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1440465512796.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>26144613
> Racking the slide

> Not having a few bucks to spend on a basic holster so that you can keep your gun cocked when carrying

> Having to pull the hammer on your cowboy gun or carrying a hammerless revolver in your purse like a frightened woman
>>
Get a military poncho and poncho liner.
Poncho liner is the most comfortable thing in the fucking world.
I used my poncho for everything
>>
>>26144001
i am mint guy
>>
>>26144787
I was talking about if it jams. If it jams you will have to rack it.

cocking the hammer allows for the tigger to have very little pull and great accuracy. DOA guns have too much trigger pull. The only thing better is double action/ single action, but as I said earlier, it's a bigger deal if they jam. You can also pull the trigger without cocking the hammer if the target is very close and time is of the essence.

Semifags are literal retards that will switch to laser pistols as soon as those are invented, and then whine when an EMP makes those jam up. Have fun being tacticool mallninjas.
>>
>>26144760
How often do you think a semi malfunctions unless it's also a dud round, a shit brand like a hi-point, or poorly upkept?

The idea that a revolver is a better choice because of a trivial possibility of a jam is retarded.
>>
A pipe. Gotta light something with that zippo.
>>
>>26144929
>Have fun being tacticool mallninjas.

>implying having guns that the police have now is tacticool but carrying the the sidepiece of a 1930s sheriff isn't faggy.
>>
4 foot bong
6 foot bong too
>>
File: 1435281861346.jpg (69KB, 498x482px) Image search: [Google]
1435281861346.jpg
69KB, 498x482px
>>26144929
Again, if it jams then you clearly bought a shit gun and/or ammo.

Cocking the hammer takes time, and anybody who buys a DAO automatic is retarded. DA/SA are pretty great, striker fired SA automatics are pretty great too, see fucking glocks, springfield XD's etc.
>>
>>26144977
Even hi-points are unlikely to jam. They get a bad rap because they're cheap, and thus likely to be owned by retard gangbangers who will not perform basic maintenance.

They only jam and break all the time if you treat it like shit.

Any gun that was once owned by a hoodrat will jam like crazy, whether it's a $200 hi-point or a milspec Beretta M9.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 251x242px
>>26144977
Semi autos are trash, dude. Have fun limp-wristing because you have to defend yourself while drunk. Have fun tripping over spent shells and having them fly out and blind you in one eye.

You have got to be trolling me
>>
>>26145212
Tripping over spent shells? If you're firing enough shots to trip over fucking shells, then a revolver has already failed you.
>>
>>26145212
>Have fun limp-wristing because you have to defend yourself while drunk.
Carrying while intoxicated is illegal.

>having them fly out and blind you in one eye.
Confirmed for having never fired a semi-auto.
>>
>>26145256
Yeah...they just make you wear eye protection at the range for no reason...suuuure
>>
>>26145309
Show me one video of someone getting a spent casing, from their own gun, in their eye.
>>
>>26143902
>3"-4" blade folding knife
southern US bro here. i was in boy scouts, but i grew up thinking that the dudes carrying knives around were trying too hard. but years later, i finally bought one. they really are useful for so much stuff outside of camping, etc. when i was moving, i used it for 3 different tasks in the space of about 10 minutes: slicing wrapping away from furniture, cutting tags and tape off, and punching holes in all of the cardboard to put twine through them and carry all of the packaging to the dumpster in an easy way.

>GPS device
assuming one didn't already come with your car. they are life-savers. nothing is better than punching in an address or location name and instantly having directions spoonfed to you. especially if you're with other people or a date or something. instead of having to ask someone to explain it, or have a confusing conversation on the phone, or running down the phone battery. there's no subscription fee or anything. (not on mine anyway. got it at walmart.) you buy it one time, and that's it. i don't even keep mine out. it stays in the console until i need it.
>>
>>26145353
http://youtu.be/BMHWn7rquqE

So easy. People get them in their hair all the time, too
>>
You're all a bunch of dorks.
>>
>>26145449
it didn't get in his eye. It got stuck on top of his glasses. It would've fallen down harmlessly had he not had those safety glasses on.

And look at that shitty stance. His arms are supposed to be straight.
>>
Zippos are great as a collection piece but as a smoker they do have their downsides when compared to a simple old bic or even a butane torch lighter. If you're a pack a day smoker, you're gonna be refilling your Zippo about once a week and replacing the flint every 4 months (protip: when your bic dies, take out the flint and use wire cutters to cut it in half and you have two or three fully functional zippo flints). They also smell like fluid even when closed and make your cigarettes taste a little like the fluid on the first inhale.

The upside is they look cool and don't look as tacky as a bic or other cheap lighter and are perfect on windy/freezing days when a bic simply will not light.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 446x357px
>>26145550
>not realizing that if a cracked out turbo-negro breaks into your house while you're drunk and naked with your gf, you won't be having perfect form and be guaranteed not to limp-wrist. BS. Hell, you'll be in such a panic you'll forget to take the safety off. Revolvers don't even have safeties
>>
>>26145676
Handguns are terrible home defense weapons. SBR'd 5.56 is the best HD weapon.
>>
>>26145702
Very debatable.

http://www.tactical-life.com/tactics/8-experts-pick-their-home-defense-weapon-of-choice/#balf15-hdw-buffoni

Don't change the subject just because you lost
>>
>>26145702
Nah, a .410 semi-auto loaded with wax slugs is better.
>>
>>26145702
>>26146066
In close quarters the barrel of a shotgun or rifle can be grabbed and pushed to the side before you get a chance to fire. Many experts prefer pistols for this reason. Many experts preferred pistol is a revolver.
>>
>>26144705
I've done this on multiple occasions. Why does nobody think it works?
>>
>>26145702
>5.56

So you want to protect your home and family with a varmint gun, as opposed to a .45?
>>
>>26143902
Get a cool wallet.
>>
>>26146531
MUH STOPPAN POWAH
MUH 220 GRAIN LEAD PILLS
Quality 5.56 HD rounds like hornady tap are a way better choice your fuddy fahv nawnteen eleven
>>
>>26146370
>>26144054
Yeah you aren't meant to light bongs with zippos, the gas they give off is pretty fucking bad for you
>>
Why y'all hating on revolvers? To someone who only needs one for home defense, a reliable and easy to maintain gun is better than a semi-automatic that can fuck up with poor care.

>>26143902
>GLOCK
>sturdy
My fucking sides, Jesus Christ.
>>
must- have folding blade
>>
>>26144001
someone have screencap?
>wellmemed.jpg
>>
File: 1498.jpg (319KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1498.jpg
319KB, 2304x1536px
>>26143902
An old school snuff box. Even if you don't use it for snuff they still look cool to have.
>>
>Taurus Judge loaded with .410 buckshot
Only home defense weapon you need
>>
>>26148217
ill give you 50eur for the german one
>>
You realize how this is the epitome of an autism thread?
>>
>>26145383
>GPS device
Nigga have you ever heard of a cell phone?
>>
File: Mark+the+mint+man_e9c960_5220230.png (345KB, 1366x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Mark+the+mint+man_e9c960_5220230.png
345KB, 1366x1306px
>>26144001
mark the mint cuck
>>
A cocaine bullet. Filled with cocaine.
>>
Are you ten? And is the zippo an ugly pink, and or name is Camden? Only know of one autist that thinks those are cool
>>
If you just want to impress people, you have to be sure the flask is stainless steel and you can strike the zippo by knocking the head open against your thigh.
>>
File: s.png (1KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
1KB, 245x206px
>>26149056
Make sure you can draw that COOL S
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.