[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>son is having a folk-punk phase >He made friends with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1454118333212.jpg (67KB, 681x539px) Image search: [Google]
1454118333212.jpg
67KB, 681x539px
>son is having a folk-punk phase
>He made friends with a girl from his Intermediate Photography class
>she visits on a weekly basis and they stay up all night singing angsty songs on their guitars while drinking and smoking
>they are loud, they cuss a lot while singing
>son has never smoked before, he has never drank alcohol before
>want to intervene, but don't want to embarrass son by being 'helicopter mom'
>in-between songs they are rubbing their noses together and always look like they're about to kiss but never do

the other weekend, son was invited to his best friend's birthday party and brought along his new friend. Son ended up upsetting his best friend at the party by performing a Pat The Bunny song . Son never really had a friend before other than the best friend and I liked her because she motivated him to take better care of himself. Now he has this new in his life that's introducing him to angst and substance abuse.
>>
>>26119026
wtf, is mom bait going to be a thing now?
>>
>>26119026
post a pic of your body to confirm you are a real mom
>>
>>26119026
/ss/ is the only real answer.

You have to beat that girl to the prize.
>>
I don't want her to be in a relationship with him.
>>
>>26119026
OP if your son wasn't drinking or smoking but still spending the same amount of time with this girl and doing all the same shit would you still be worried? The kid is getting a girlfriend, don't stop him or he could end up like one of the many lonely robots on here. Can you imagine him going onto r9k in 6 years posting >tfw never had a gf because mom was a bitch and cockblocked me.

Just make sure his grades don't drop and you'll be fine, If he gets some kind of drug addiction then you can intervene but be prepared for a lot of fighting and family issues
>>
>>26119026
sounds like he was a beta orbiter, got a gf, and now friend is jealous. of course, you're unhappy that he's not remaining a beta.
>>
File: 1378239098410.png (192KB, 473x488px) Image search: [Google]
1378239098410.png
192KB, 473x488px
>>26119026
>cuss

You are not an adult.
>>
>>26119742
Tell him to fuck both, smoke weed and do coke and beers at the same time
>>
>>26119763
Preteen mum, she's 27
>>
How old is he? The fact that you're complaining about your son have a gf and having fun is triggering me
>>
>being worried about a son who is becoming social

I have two daughters I have to somehow teach not to be toasties. I'd trade anytime
>>
>>26119847

he is 21.

I'm not complaining about him having a girlfriend. I just don't want him acting like an angsty teenager that binge drinks and smokes.
>>
>>26120881
If this is true, you've already fucked up and it's too late.
>>
>>26120881
>he is 21.
You've already missed the boat.
>>
>>26119026
Is he your wife's son?
XD
>>
>>26119712
OP has a right to be worried.Though I wouldn't recommend smothering him like OP says. If OP rightly worried what if she's a shit tier bottom of the barrel low quality girl. The alcohol and drugs could be indicators of red flags. I'm biased since I don't smoke or drink myself, but I don't know if I'd recommend the son to continue drugs especially if he's never done them before. Good looking out OP keep an eye on it and make sure your kid doesn't end up with trash
>>
File: mustache.jpg (99KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
mustache.jpg
99KB, 500x700px
>>26120881
>21

ok folks nothing to see here
>>
>>26120881
>he is 21.

It's too late.

You fucked up as a parent. Like most parents.
>>
>>26121806
That's retarded, you can do everything right and still have a shit kid.

Autonomy is a real thing.
>>
Why am I on /adv/?
>>
>>26121949
>That's retarded, you can do everything right and still have a shit kid.

Lol no. Always it is parents fault.
>>
>>26121072
>>26121444
>>26121806

how exactly is him being 21 mean 'it's too late' or 'parent fucked up' ?
>>
>>26120881

>I just don't want him acting like an angsty teenager that binge drinks and smokes.
>Americans still do this at 21

You people are fucking sad.
>>
File: 1454131808928.png (73KB, 1200x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1454131808928.png
73KB, 1200x1007px
>>26122683
>Yuros don't still do this at 21
Stop lying nigel
>>
>>26122570
If your child didn't turn out the way you wanted, how did you not fuck up in parenting?
>>
>>26122922

My son is in a nice university majoring in something he's actually passionate about. He's going to do okay career wise. I can't control everything about him. Yeah, he's a bit socially awkward and a bit recluse, but he is able to open up around girls so he isn't a total loss. I just don't like that he had to open up to a girl that introduces him to bad habits. I can't control who he finds attractive or who he wants to be friends with.
>>
>>26123073
Not to mention he's going through a phase like a teenager after he's reached adulthood.
>>
>>26122570
Because he already finds his own way now, your influence over him is extremely minimal at this point.
>>
>>26121986

these threads are allowed as long as the OP doesn't ask for help
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.