[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any of you guys know if weed helps with depression? loads of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: xATzc0A.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
xATzc0A.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
any of you guys know if weed helps with depression?
loads of people tell me it only makes things worse
>inb4 DUDE WEED
>>
It will only disrupt your brain chemistry more
Don't do drugs if you're depressed.
Start jogging if the weather allows, and eat something green that isnt shrek ketchup.
>>
weed makes you lazy. Try lsd and you'll be happy for 1-2 months.
>>
>>26110442
depends on how you use it, what you chemical and mental state are. Won't cure it, it can help if you're responsible though.

>>26110482
I feel bad for all the people this happens to, I want to go out and do stuff and actually have fun when I consume weed.
>>
File: 68432076.png (94KB, 415x248px) Image search: [Google]
68432076.png
94KB, 415x248px
>>26110468
>not using shrek's fluids to help cure your depression
>>
It can help some people, or it can make it worse. You won't know unless you try.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 224x225px
It's like drinking if you just wanna space out, it can be motivating if you want to do stuff, you may even want to share your problems as sometimes it makes you want to open up, it can make you paranoid like everyone is looking at you, it can make you hungry, it can make you feel anxious, it can make you want to play vidyas, it can make you want to watch a movie, it can make you do allot of things, but first you have to do it...
>>
>>26110442
It will help in the short term but you'll likely end up addicted. Which is shit.

>>26110482
I support this. Has helped me out.
>>
I used to smoke every week with a friebd and I was depressed as fuck. Then started smoking every day alone at night and I stopped being depressed or anxious or having negative feelings.
I don't know if it was the weed or I just did it myself but I think it helps as a therapy. A nightly blaze and some music, deep thought and instrospection. Maybe it's just suggestion but I haven't been depressed in a while.
>>
>>26110442
I use weed to make myself feel better, but don't over-do it.
You'll start to become dependent on the feeling of being high to run from your problems.
Once you smoke, you immediately aren't thinking of all the things that stress you out.
Sometimes I wake up feeling very very sad for no reason, which is a good time to smoke weed.
It's a bad time to smoke weed when you should be studying for an exam just because the exam studying is stressful.
It's a good time to smoke weed when the exam is in two weeks and you feel like you will never pass and everything is spiraling (because you still have time to try again tomorrow).
If you're somebody that thinks deeply all the time and you feel like you have a lot of weight on your shoulders, weed is for you.
>>
Being a lonely depressed neet I became dependant on it quickly. It's been an outstandingly bad influence on my already outstandingly bad life

The thing is, it's pretty great in some ways, so being somebody who has nothing great in his life and is already naturally will-less, It just quickly became the thing I turn to when I'm lonely and depressed

Weed dependence definitely worsens depression. Responsible weed smoking I'm sure can help many people but nearly anybody who believes habitual daily smoking helps them is just addicted and in denial
>>
For me it makes me feel relaxed, extremely comfy and in a generally positive mood, makes food taste better and music sound better.
>>
>>26110442
it didn't really change much for me

>nothing to do
>jerk it
>go to bed

with weed
>get high
>jerk it
>go to bed
>>
File: 1452582455855.png (263KB, 470x402px) Image search: [Google]
1452582455855.png
263KB, 470x402px
I've been smoking weed since I was 13-14, 22 now.

I've had a medical rec on and off for the past 2-3 years since leaving highschool. (California)

In my opinion, it only does so much.. It supresses the depression but it never really gets rid of it. Not smoking and getting high like once a week is probably fun though, at a certain point of smoking everyday the high starts to get more weak to a point where it barely affects you, which is why people go looking for stronger stuff.

I've done other drugs, nothing super addictive like meth, crack, and heroin though. Thankfully I have the will to reject that kind of shit and i've been offered it a couple of times.

If you want to try it just remember moderation is KEY! The money you spend on weed adds up! Make sure to keep it balanced. You wouldn't eat cake all day because its bad for you, so you shouldn't smoke all day.

Quitting is fairly easy, shitty first two nights and thats all. Hope some of this helps..
>>
>>26110621
I smoked every time when studying for an important test and I fucking aced it.
>>
>>26110655
You probably do well on tests anyways though. Weed just calms you down, less stress = more stuff to remember.
>>
>>26110655
I mean the night before an exam.
I personally can't focus enough to do anything that I don't want to do when I'm high.
I sit in front of my computer listening to music on full volume in my earbuds and bite my lip for hours.
I have extreme anxiety, my head is just a treadmill of everything I'm worrying about constantly and it never fucking stops.
It's nice to just feel like a total empty headed moron for a while. It almost makes you feel like how you did when you were a kid.
>>
>>26110651
I forgot to add. IT IS A GREAT social drug. Some potheads are shitty but most people I meet that smoke are down to earth and work hard. Fuck hippies.
>>
>>26110696
Makes me extremely quiet, unable to convert my thoughts and feelings to words which makes me really anxious in social situations
>>
>>26110696
That's debatable. Sometimes when high I just go super quiet. I've read a lot of people saying it does that for them as well.
>>
DUDE WEED
WEED LMAO
LMAO DUDE
>>
>>26110468
> this dumbass nigga is posting again
Boy gtfo witcha ol ugly busted up virgin ass. Fuck u nigga

>>26110442
Yes it does, cures cancer too
>>
File: 1451678866717.jpg (475KB, 1083x637px) Image search: [Google]
1451678866717.jpg
475KB, 1083x637px
>>26110727
>>26110753
I meant as in it puts you in more social situations, not really conversation wise. When you are high you can talk about the dumbest shit ever and still sound somewhat right.

Instead of "Hey lets catch a movie! Or go shoot some pool!"

It's now "Do you smoke? Lets roll one!"
>>
>>26110753
>>26110727
I also get super-quiet.

I thought I was the only one.
>>
File: Gnokk2.jpg (1MB, 1095x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Gnokk2.jpg
1MB, 1095x1095px
It suppresses most feels for me. So when you're depressed you feel alright for a while. But like >>26110651 said it doesn't get rid of the depression or really help with that in any way.

People say it's not addictive but it is easily habit forming. I smoke daily but I would recommend only smoking once a week.

Sometimes when you're high you can focus better on creative stuff (in my case, making music or designing websites) but most of the time I just end up watching YouTube videos for 3 hours. It makes you very lazy and unproductive, which doesn't help with depression at all.
>>
>>26110927
This makes sense. I made a bunch of friends by smoking weed at one point.
Sometimes smoking with them was painful but at least it brought us together.
>>
Yeah if your depression is what soccer moms have when they can't choose which expensive shoes to wear, weed will do the trick. If youre a kid who's just bored, just pretend to smoke and it will have the same effect for cheaper. Get a toothpick or something.

It doesn't do anything if you really hate yourself. you might as well be asking if drinking tea makes you a genius for the day.
>>
>>26110619
I can relate. When I smoke I become more introspective and it is pretty therapeutic. It has helped me in that way and I think it was worth it.
>>
File: 1453502087514.jpg (52KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1453502087514.jpg
52KB, 500x365px
>>26110639

FYI depression is not about what you do but about what you feel.
>>
weed does to my depression what i wish my anti-depressants (wellbutrin now, zoloft before) did to it, it pretty much turns it off
>>
I never had problems smoking it alone or with acquaintances, got me through the day.
In fact I found a new best friend because of smoking it, probably just because that was like the only social thing I did, so it had to be through weed.

Anyway, I stopped smoking for a while as a promise, and after picking it up again 3 months later I noticed that it kicks my anxiety and paranoia through the roof.
Makes me worry about the most retarded things, just because I fear losing what I have built up the last few months...

I also noticed that I have lost the ability to laugh... roughly since the time I started using it.
I can find things funny, no problem, but there is no real laughter coming out of me.
Though that may be because browsing 4chan the last few years made it impossible to laugh at shit normies do or say...
>>
>>26110442
Like any other drug it will make you forget about it for a little bit but it will still come back eventually.
>>
>>26110593
holy shit this exactly

i'm more motivated since i started using my highs to focus on planning for goals
i get paranoid if i'm in public, i don't want to be judged or put in prison because i'm using something to treat my depression
it makes me want to slay my backlog of anime and vidya, more than ever since i'm too high to make up a bunch of reasons not to do it
it makes me hungry af too
it also makes me open up to people a lot, i worry they get sick of it since i don't really try to hide the things that make me sad as much (i/e if something reminds me of my ex i'll probably talk about it and her a little bit)
>>
Sometimes I think that all I want in life is a stoner gf to smoke weed all day and just be a useless piece of shit and do nothing until we rot and die.
>>
Weed is terrible for depression in my experience. I used to smoke weed and enjoy it before I got depressed but after that I just started feeling overly paranoid and extremely introspective (as in thinking hard about what a loser I am etc) which just made me feel worse and on the brink of panic attacks. Shit sucked

>>26110482
>Try lsd and you'll be happy for 1-2 months
This was true the first time I had a trip, but 1 month after the trip my depression got worse. I then tried lsd two more times and nothing changed. Those trips where sub-par though, I think the afterglow depends on how good of a trip you had, but it's hard to control that shit.
>>
I thought you guys were robots, who is going to sell you weed?
>>
>>26111813
i get mine from dutch coffeeshops, just go in, tell them what you want, pay them and you're done. haven't been able to get any for a while now since the region where they can sell to foreigners is too damn far and im too shy to find a dealer despite living in one of the biggest cities thats renowned for its drug trade
>>
>>26110442
Oh fick yeah I've had times where weed breaks a 2 day depression streak it's like instant euphoria
>>
Weed is weird substance.
For some people it makes them feel better, for some it makes them feel like shit.

I'm in the 2nd group, weed makes me feel paranoid af, super self- conscious and it worsens my anxiety alot.
Despite that fact, I used to smoke it like a retard like 3 times a week, prolly cause my only friends were hopeless stoners.

But still, it did help me tremendously because I remembered I was sexually abused by my dad while under the influence of weed.
>>
Try it, see if it works. It won't make it permanently better or worse so you might as well.
>>
Weed, like all drugs, has different effects on different people. Personally, I can't smoke it unless I've had at least two beers first; it usually makes me incredibly paranoid and magnifies my negative feelings. However, I really enjoy LSD and have only had one negative experience with it (even then, it was because I took a gel tab that was triple dosed). Anyways, I'd recommend trying the chronic. If you like it, then that's awesome; if not, you only have to feel uncomfortable for an hour or so.
>>
>>26110442
drugs are amplifiers. so, if u are depressed, dont take them.
>>
depends on the strain

I've heard good things about lemon haze and depression and stress issues
>>
>>26110442

all the normies and thugs and chads and their girlfriends smoke weed. why the fuck would i ever smoke it? unlike them i have principles.
>>
>>26110442

Drugs or medicine won't help with depression. Usually people are depressed because of something else in their life. As long as that
>>
>>26112609
this. if you are an anxious depressed person usually you want to stay the fuck away from weed. alcohol, opiates, and benzos are much more appropriate. unfortunately for us you can not do any of those heavily for any extended period of time the withdrawals are terrible, severe alcohol and benzo withdrawal will literally kill you
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.