[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Money don't buy happiness!You can be happy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

>"Money don't buy happiness!You can be happy without money!"
>>
File: 1.png (165KB, 459x499px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
165KB, 459x499px
>>26065592
Lies spread by rich people who have never been poor.
>>
>>26065592
You can be happy without money, it's just a lot harder.
>>
File: 1445209506109.jpg (219KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1445209506109.jpg
219KB, 1134x1001px
>live in luxury
>have indoor swimming pool
>surrounded by vast empty space, ever reminding you of the emptiness of your life
>rich as fuck
>still no friends, no gf, nothing to live for
>>
Money doesn't by happiness.

t. someone who grew up in a wealthy gated white suburb and had plenty of money and a rich family
>>
>>26065684
Fucking this.I haven't heard this from someone poor.
>>
It's possible, as long as you can meet basic needs like safety, food and housing.

That being said it won't be easy, but I find that if you have simple pleasures you will be happier anyway.
>>
>>26065684

I would be happy if I didn't have to worry if I was going to eat tomorrow, you fucking rich spoiled brat
>>
>>26065725
OP here again.

Depens,if you're poor with the real meaning of the word,you're basically doomed and dependent on other people.You can't live by yourself and can't pickup any hobbies.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 537x770px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 537x770px
>>26065684
Same here. Rich family, lots of problems.

I began hanging out with the poor and I have been a lot happier.

I notice their way of life is simpler, they have found a way to avoid stresses. They do what is comfortable, not always what is expected.

>sweats in public
Rich: bad; poor: acceptable
>>
>>26065732
>what is reading comprehension
You don't have it. See >>26065684
>>
>>26065808

Oh look it's the "I've never been poor so I can talk about happiness without money"
FUcking morons
>>
>>26065830

My point
Your head
>>
>>26065592
It does, but after about 80 k$/yr it no longer helps. Basically, all of your bases covered with a little pocket change to spare = happiness.
>>
File: 1451846644469.jpg (131KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
1451846644469.jpg
131KB, 500x627px
Goddam you fucking faggots make me sick.

Who else should know and be able to tell if money gives you happiness or not if not the rich?!
They experienced how it is to have money and know what they talk about.
Happiness is relative, for them being rich is something normal like being poor is normal for you guys. And everybody is unsatisfied.

You just have this romantic idea that being rich makes you happy but it's just an illusion. You don't fucking know. We always complain about the things we don't have. And always forget the things we have.

also: what about all the old ancient greek philosophers who were poor and had nothing?
What about buddhist monks that live a simple life free from a materialistic life? Do you think they are unhappy?

but no of course it's not your fault that your not happy it's always the others.
>>
>>26067393
Compare the life of a dirt poor person and a rich person.

The happiness and well being of the rich person is always infinitely better than the poor persons.

even at their lowest, the poor persons low is worse.

>actually has to worry about shit
>how am i going to afford to feed myself
>how can i afford my rent this month
>shit i have to work 50 hours this week so i can eat

rich person:
>WAAAAAHHHHHH
>MONEY DOESNT MAKE ME 100 PERCENT EUPHORIC FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE
>EVERYONE ELSE HAS IT EASY
>MONEY SUCKS
>>
File: 1444493221146.jpg (71KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1444493221146.jpg
71KB, 604x604px
>>26067524
What are you talking about?
>implying food is expensive

if you wouldn't spend all your fucking money on unecessary shit then you would have enough money to buy food. If you're not living in a shithole like India or Africa you don't have to worry about starving.

Poor people like in China or India whatever are much more happier with their lives than any of you faggots on this board. People on this shit board always complain without having any reasons.

But stay unhappy pleb. It's your life. If you want to be rich then get rich. Nothing is stopping you, right? And if you're rich then tell me if you're happy,ok?
>>
it doesn't necessarily buy long-term happiness, but it makes you worry about much less shit
>>
to be honest I just hate rich people and am kinda disgusted when they talk about their "problems"
>>
>>26065592
Money is the only thing that brings me happiness.
>>
>>26065684
you're just not managing it optimally
why aren't you happy? i bet money could help resolve it somehow
>>
>>26065592
Money has it's limits. Women would rather fuck poor alphas than rich betas or omegas. Money is usually considered less important than many things that divide people(race, religion, gender, etc)
>>
But money can buy a wave-runner...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RoLdkgjKhs
>>
>>26067393
>You don't fucking know
Its common sense

My minimum wage job causes me stress, boredom, depression and anger. All that would go away if I had enough money to not work.
And with lots of money i could do the things i enjoy all the time, i would snowboard all the time and be much much happier
And i wouldnt have to worry about the future
>>
>live all my life feeling trapped
>family is abusive to me
>no friends
>do terrible in school and after is over get years of depression
>finally daddy buys me my own apartment
>get weekly allowance too
>finally alone
>finally free
>finally happy
>start to get serious about drawing
>start learning to code too
>get back into modeling
Thing is money can and will make you happy and that loneliness is a precious good
>>
>>26067981
you could spend money on personal trainers, cosmetic surgery, and behavioral therapy
>>
>>26067988
this, poor people share all of the general unhappiness a rich person has with tons of financial bullshit drama shit on top of it
>>
>>26068036
This
People assume that when we speak about money we mean money alone
There is no reason a rich person can't have other qualities
>>
>>26065592
I believe the more accurate statement is that money ALONE will not buy you happiness. You can be rich and miserable, supposing you a failure in other aspects of your life, such as romance, family, health, etc
>>
>>26065592
Friends and family would make me happiest.
But I guess having money to buy new vidya, a nice house, and cute stuff would be cool.
>>
All the people that I know are rich are the most miserable fucks ever.

When you have infinite money and never need to worry about anything in life, there's no sense of achievement or gain. Life is just a stressful drag.

I'd love a pool like that. I'd get bored of it in a week. Poorfag here.
>>
If i had money i would never stop traveling.
>>
File: XUA5p5k - Imgur.jpg (25KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
XUA5p5k - Imgur.jpg
25KB, 417x417px
>>26067988
> would, would, would

stay mad, pleb
>>
File: happy cottons.jpg (89KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
happy cottons.jpg
89KB, 640x360px
How does one into richness?
>>
>>26069742
Fall out of a rich vagina
>>
>>26065592
I wish people would believe this, I'm like the 10th guy ITT alone saying it.

>be from working-class family
>have natural talents easily transferable to making money
>start making money
>realize the only positive difference it makes is the absence of worry regarding bills
The luxury? It's just fucking stuff. There's nothing as empty as staring yourself in the mirror in that artificially-lit all marble bathroom of a 5* hotel room while you feel the coolness of stone against your bare feet, knowing you'll be the only one experiencing your whole trip and your foreseeable future.

This >>26065635
If anything, excess space and luxury combined with aloneness merely accentuates what you feel in your dorm room / basement... except you gave a shit-ton of effort and time in exchange for the former.
>>
File: 1453881638706.png (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453881638706.png
89KB, 800x600px
>can buy whatever you want, not worry about debt or rent and have absolute independence
>implying you can't buy happiness
>inb4 notch attention whore
>>
>>26069930
I've been of the opinion that wealth only accentuates your flaws. When you are poor you have a ton of excuses why life isn't the way you want it and you aren't happy. When you are rich and unhappy it's clearly just becasue you are a miserable hopeless person.
>>
File: money-5617.jpg (234KB, 360x1946px) Image search: [Google]
money-5617.jpg
234KB, 360x1946px
>>26065635
Just buy some friends.

Pic related.
>>
>>26065592
Money doesn't buy happiness. It makes it easier to find happiness, sure, but look at Elliot Rodgers for fuck's sake.

Emotions come from within people.
>>
>>26067393
Being rich means you don't have to be poor, broke, homeless, sucking dicks for coke, or have poor access to health care or a lack of transportation because your car broke down and you can't afford to get it fixed.

Being rich means that you have a whole different set of stressful shit.

Try being poor for a while and see how much better your rich life is.

>am actually middle class with a decent income, who am I to talk, eh?
>>
>>26070156
I'm not sure whether that's a statement, an accusation or both.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 474x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 474x640px
>>26065635
If you can't turn that money into social opportunity, you really do deserve loneliness. Throw an expensive party. Go to a bar wearing your most expensive watch. Be Jay Gatsby. People will come, and at least some of them won't just want your money. Other rich people don't need to be gold diggers.
>>
>>26070308
More like a realization. I used to think money just fixed everything, but it only fixes the way the world treats you. It doesn't fix the way you feel about yourself.
>>
File: 1450030826753.jpg (80KB, 597x391px) Image search: [Google]
1450030826753.jpg
80KB, 597x391px
there is nothing more alpha than having money.
>>
>>26070354
>I used to think money just fixed everything, but it only fixes the way the world treats you. It doesn't fix the way you feel about yourself.
So true. It's absurd, really, when you notice how different people treat you if you dress well and look slick vs when you look like you crawled out of the local Y.
>>
>>26070465
Aww people treat you differently now that your rich? You poor fucking baby, life must be so hard for you :(

>Doesn't have to do manual labor 50 hours a week then spend the weekends doing nothing because he is still broke.
>Gets to eat better than KD and Subway
>Can afford to go to movies/snowboarding/traveling ect.
>>
>>26070341

>Business Checking

I'd call him an idiot, but I'm also certain that plenty of sloots are stupid enough to fall for this.
>>
>>26067393
Yeah, tell that to the people who died from stress or hunger because money was always an issue.

STUPID FUCK
>>
I'm not rich, but I'm financially-stable enough that I can take vacations and shit like that.

I'm not happy. I don't have friends. I don't have a gf. I don't have a real purpose in life.
>>
I'm rich and money cant buy you happiness

what it can buy you though is absence of anxiety about money, wew laddy is it a relief to not worry about making rent like every other human being
>>
>>26070733
But if you work for that money, then the anxiety of being poor gets turned into the anxiety of not getting fired at work. The only true way to alleviate that anxiety would be to just have so much money that you really didn't have to work again unless you want to. Unless you're a chick in which case you don't have to do anything ever and guys will just give you money.
>>
>>26070638
>Aww people treat you differently now that your rich? You poor fucking baby, life must be so hard for you :(
You're missing the point. I was actually pointing out the ridiculousness of our society... all you need to do is LOOK rich and it's like you're of a different species to normies.

>Doesn't have to do manual labor 50 hours a week then spend the weekends doing nothing because he is still broke.
Go fuck yourself. I work 50+ hrs a week in an engineering occupation. You can't really burn out your body, but burning out your brain can be done easily.

>Can afford to go to movies/snowboarding/traveling ect.
Sure, but that's after spending a decade in school after the plebs started working. There has to be some perks to studying, no?
>>
>>26070853
>then the anxiety of being poor gets turned into the anxiety of not getting fired at work.
That is only if you're not interested in your job. I for an example have no degree in my field and have only 3 years of XP, but I don't worry about getting fired. Why? Because I know there are literally dozens of employees at my company with post-grad degrees who produce fractions of what I do.

>tl;dr if you're good at what you do, you don't worry about getting fired
>>
File: 1453514516636.png (91KB, 466x505px) Image search: [Google]
1453514516636.png
91KB, 466x505px
Like the ancient African American hip hoppers once said: More money, more problems

ex: Lottery Winners who don't take the annuity and fuck their shit up
>>
>>26065592

If you're under 25 it's true.
>>
>>26070874
>You can't really burn out your body at an office
Try telling that to my ass. I sit so much in one place at work that it's literally uncomfortable to sit anymore.
>>
>>26071010
That's not burning out, bro. Burning out is not being able to do your job at a rudimentary level, let alone excelling at it.
>>
>>26071010
>Richfolk whining about their bottoms hurting in their leather office chairs
>Don't have to lift thousands of pounds of lumber in below freezing weather over the course of 8 hours, for 5-7 days a week, for $14.90/ hr (cdn)
>>
>>26071069
>doesn't have illegal mexicans lifting said lumber for him and making money off of it
do you even capitalism bro?
>>
Look at Dan Blizerian.

He seems like he has all the fun even if the whores are just paid for.
>>
>>26071123
Back when I was at uni I got pretty fit stacking shelves at the supermarket at nights - worked hard and went from >100kg to 60kg.

You must get some sweet exercise from your job at least.
>>
>>26065635
I dont want friends or a gf, i just want to be a neet in nice surroundings.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.