[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /r9k/'s religious beliefs? Atheist here, I used

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18

File: 1453865872623.png (55KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453865872623.png
55KB, 750x750px
What are /r9k/'s religious beliefs?

Atheist here, I used to be a christian but I just slowly stopped believing. Nothings changed since then, I've always felt lonely and hopeless even with the thought of god over my head
>>
>>26053023
Pretty much the same but I don't even think kid and teenage me truly believed in God, I always agreed to Mormon youth meetings because we'd get to play games and I went to Sunday mass to make my parents happy and avoid punishments.

I almost never prayed when I didn't have to. Despite this I think God /could/ exist but I don't believe he does.
>>
I'm not a fan of supernatural stuff desu senpai. I know you can get morals without religion, but even that is starting to fade away for me.
>>
Pantheist reporting in
>>
File: 0304150929-1.jpg (52KB, 634x686px) Image search: [Google]
0304150929-1.jpg
52KB, 634x686px
>>26053023
Went to bible camp as a kid.
>mfw I don't need to be threatened an eternity of suffering to be a good person.
>>
>>26053119
Religion is not inherently supernatural.
In fact, Pantheists equate nature with divinity.
>>
>>26053023
I am Christian, though I would probably be considered a poor one.
>>
>>26053097
I get what you mean. I've heard people use Pascal's wager as an argument against atheism, but that's assuming belief is voluntary.
>>
>>26053023
Christian but I don't go to church because I'm lazy
>>
>>26053123
>>26053139
Hmmm, never heard of Pantheism, but I suppose that makes sense. But I wouldn't fit it, I don't believe I appreciate nature as much as I should
>>
Theology.

I believe in Agnosticism, Buddhism, The Abrahamic religions, Ascended masters, Taoism. I just take the good and meaningful from all the religions and use that as a guide to life. There is sense and truth to the pattern that they preach if you use some common sense to filter out the nonsense.

Beliefs such as karma, reincarnation, afterlife, being virtuous and free from sin and desire.
>>
File: i dunno lol.jpg (125KB, 587x750px) Image search: [Google]
i dunno lol.jpg
125KB, 587x750px
literally and unironically christian here
>>
>>26053196
Basically Pantheism is compatible with Atheism
It is just the appreciation of the entire Universe

Psychedelic drugs will probably make you a pantheist in the long term
>>
File: 1453866593409.png (62KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453866593409.png
62KB, 750x750px
>>26053149
>>26053151
When I was a christian I didn't go to church very often either, I always felt inadequate around the people there when I would go.
>>
File: Godlike.png (180KB, 602x494px) Image search: [Google]
Godlike.png
180KB, 602x494px
>>26053212
Same here, senpai. Converting to Orthodoxy after 5 years of atheism.
>>
I don't know what to really call my beliefs, closest term I can come to is Absurdist.
>>
>>26053207
That's a great belief system, I've heard of it before but I've never seen the name for it.

I guess I believe in the good and meaningful of Christianity as an atheist?
>>
>>26053212
>>26053255
And that's good. A person's beliefs should always evolve and improve with time

Op btw
>>
File: 1450071229132.jpg (219KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1450071229132.jpg
219KB, 1134x1001px
Just look at this painting. It portrays Jesus' sadness, weariness and concern over all those people that he sees sin everyday and he can't help
>guys stop sinning
>guys no don't kill that guy
>g-guys help the poor
How can you not like Jesus?
>>
>>26053304
I don't need no phony prophet's blessing.
My intelligence is enlightening enough.
>>
>>26053277
Absurdism is another philosophy I partake in, it just makes the most sense to me
>>
Agnostic atheist, but I believe in the possibility of the simulation hypothesis. There's nothing but the physical world (unless it all turns out to be virtual), free will doesn't exist and morality is made up and ultimately based on nothing.

Regardless of these beliefs, I feel like the universe is real, like I have free will and like morality is a worthwhile goal. These things feel right and keep me from being depressed or outcast from society, so I live by them instead of what I think is actually, objectively true.

>>26053207
I see this kind of thing a lot and I don't get it. How can you just pick and choose which parts you think are true? I mean, you can do that to say which parts you like, or which ones you're gonna choose to live by, but which ones you actually think are objectively true? That doesn't make any sense to me. How can you say "reincarnation is true" just because you think it's a nice idea?
>>
>>26053137
Can people who do good things only because they believe that it'll earn themselves an eternity of heaven be called "good" or "moral" people, despite the subjective ess of "moral" and "good"?
>>
>>26053304
That's actually an extremely profound painting. That's how I feel with the rest of the world, although I'm not on any high ground to others.

Op btdubs
>>
>>26053279
That's called Christian atheism. Wikipedia that shit.
>>
>>26053303
i was actually an atheist for most of my life because that's just how i was brought up. if you don't mind me prying, was there a certain point at which you stopped believing?
>>
>>26053137
You aren't a good person because you've rejected the Holy Spirit.
muh feelings i like myself doesn't make you a good person.
Also, Hell is spiritual separation. Why are you lying about going to Bible camp? Even the worst protestants aren't this stupid.
>>26053329
Absurdism is meaningless pomo trash.
>>26053350
>There's nothing but the physical world (unless it all turns out to be virtual), free will doesn't exist and morality is made up and ultimately based on nothing.
BECUZ I SED SO IM ALWAYS RIGHT
You are painfully stupid.
>>
>>26053023
My beliefs align most closely with agnostic atheism and secular humanism.
I sometimes entertain the notion of a Creator but find the notion ultimately unnecessary and baseless.
I consider myself a skeptic, and try to think and reason in nuanced and anti-dogmatic ways.
>>
>>26053304
Do you know the name of the painting? Thanks.
>>
>>26053444
>BECUZ I SED SO IM ALWAYS RIGHT
>You are painfully stupid.
I wasn't trying to change anybody's mind or impose my beliefs on them, I was just answering the question OP asked by stating my beliefs.

Sort yo ass out.
>>
>>26053461
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_in_the_Desert
>>
>>26053444
>if it's not clear cut and spelled out for me so I don't have to think about it, it's worthless

Top kek
>>
>>26053444
>you are painfully stupid
>believes his god out of THOUSANDS of gods is the only TRUE GOD
>all the other people who believe in the other 2999+ gods are wrong
>I know this because muh holy book says so
>>
>>26053469
Your beliefs are unfounded and easily refuted; you are a painfully stupid person who needs to either shut the fuck up online or educate himself.
>>26053505
Except it is. Why are you projecting, sweetheart? It's the most sophomoric nonsense to ever exist, like all pomo trash before and after it.
>lol nuthin makes sense stop tryin *molests children with open-relationship lover*
Pure solipsism.
>>26053525
False equivalence and a dreadful misunderstanding of statistics. Please shut the fuck up or educate yourself; thank you!
>>
>>26053566
On any other board, I'd call bait.
>>
>>26053566
Are you disagreeing with the fact that there are LITERAL THOUSANDS of gods?
I bet you can't even point to where I used a false equivalence you fucking faggot.
>>
>>26053566
>Your beliefs are unfounded and easily refuted

Top fucking kek
>>
>>26053566
>SHUT UP SHUT UP STOP CHELEEENHING MY BELIEEFS
>MOOOM PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET DISAGREED WITH ME
>>
>>26053350
>How can you say "reincarnation is true" just because you think it's a nice idea?
With "good practice", which is covered in the guide of Buddhism.

I look at it this way. There are scenarios regarding reincarnation and karma:

A) Its real, you live a virtuous life, you are rewarded both in life and the afterlife.

B)Its not real, you live a virtuous life, you are rewarded in life (an internal happiness) and you won't feel any shame towards your mortal existence about how you lived your life then you die forever.

C) Its real, you live sinfully, you suffer because of your sins. Your greed, your lust, your laziness, your anger, your pride, all these things that cause misery and you live a miserable life then you die and get reincarnated according to how you lived, in this scenario sinfully.

D)Its not real and you've lived sinfully and suffer for it as aforementioned.
>>
>>26053606
>your beliefs are unfounded and easily refuted
>doesn't provide a single argument to refute his "unfounded" belief
>christians
>>
>>26053368
>>26053279
Christians believe in reincarnation? the eternal return? I don't think so. Theology studies all the aspects of religion and God.
>>
Raised """"Christian""""" became atheist then became Catholic.
>tfw even with reward of heaven and threat of hell I'm still a terrible person
>>
>>26053578
>anything i dont like is b8 *posts le epic frog*
I keep telling you to shut the fuck up but you keep blabbering.
>>26053597
You're restating the false equivalence right now you dumb cunt.
>hurr all things are equally possible i sed so
>>26053606
This is how atheists argue; they don't and just shitpost because the only logic they've studied is ass-broken empiricist logic.
>>26053616
Stop projecting you sperglord. I already know I'm right and you're wrong, there's absolutely no challenge here.
>>26053635
Point out any one you want in particular and I'll give you a damned paper if that'll make you shut the fuck up.
>>
>>26053629
Yeah, Pascal's wager, basically. But that's not what I was asking about. Do you actually BELIEVE that reincarnation is true? Regardless of whether or not you behave AS THOUGH it's true.
>>
>>26053650
I was just responding to him saying
>I guess I believe in the good and meaningful of Christianity as an atheist?
>>
Agnostic theist

I have come to the most rational conclusion that there is no way we will ever know for certain whether or not an extra-dimensional deity exists, but I'm hedging my bets on Christianity, because when people actually follow Jesus' teachings instead of hiding their prejudice and hatred behind Christianity's name, good things are done. It's a great guideline for society.
>>
>>26053662
Yes I do, purely faith.
>>
>>26053661
>IM RIGHT BECAUSE I SAY SO
Nigger you can look at the number of gods if you wish, but if you want to stay in your delusion that yours is the only God the so be it. And you still haven't found an argument for that anon's "easily refuted" beliefs nor have you pointed out where I used a false equivalence.
I sure hope you are baiting
>>
Rejected christianity and religion as a child
Grew up and looked at the decaying degenerate world and realized that it's essential to control the plebs
>>
>>26053629

>Pascal's wager

Oy vey.

>>26053635

I know lad.

>>26053661

You either lack self-awareness or are a troll. What makes you believe in the tripartite Yahweh The Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Please try not to use special pleading to "prove" that a Generic Creator = The Holy Trinity.
>>
>>26053710
Ok cool Wasn't trying to challenge your belief, just wanted to understand it better.
>>
>>26053661
>broken ass empirical logic
Now I know for sure that you're baiting.
>>
>>26053566
>Christfag
>makes jokes about child molestation

It writes itself

>lol nothing makes sense
You clearly don't even know what the words you're talking about mean
>>
>>26053734
>>Pascal's wager
>Oy vey.
What? Expand please.
>>
>>26053746
I think its great that you challenge it. If my faith was weak, and can be shaken so easily then it would have been a matter of time before the wind blew down the house of cards.
>>
>>26053762

Pascal's wager assumes there either is a punishment for disbelief or a reward for belief. How can you "believe" if your faith is based on an attempt to appease one specific interpretation of what "God" means/entails?
>>
>>26053212
same what's up
christ is the way and the truth
>>
>>26053703
But society is evil.
>>26053723
>THERES A LOT THAT MEANS THEY'RE ALL EQUAL AND ONE CAN'T BE MORE LIKELY OMG EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE IS B88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How often do I need to tell you to shut the fuck up?
>>26053734
>You either lack self-awareness or are a troll
OMG ANY POST I DONT LIKE IS LE B8 I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SAFE SPACE!!!
Shut the fuck up you stupid son of a bitch, you have nothing to say because you have the education and intelligence of a damn toddler. Educate yourself or shut the fuck up.

An Absolute god can be shown to exist (proven is an empiricist buzzword) through showing that it is infinitely illogical to not believe in one. By extension, one must exist or the belief is also infinitely illogical (because it's cycle of grounding does not stand otherwise)
>>26053748
ANYTHING I DONT LIKE IS B8 HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY BELIEFS OMG MY FEEEELINGS
Shut the fuck up.
>>26053749
Do you not know who Satre is you dumbfuck? Have you even read any Absurdism or are you just a poser?

The answer is obvious: you're a pretentious manchild who speaks without understanding and clings to trendy ideologies to look cool to other manchildren on shitholes like /r9k/.
>>
>>26053734
>pascal's wager
I would agree it was pascals wager if I was only follow God's guide purely for the reward. Lets say I had no belief system at all and didn't believe in God. I'd still choose to live a virtuous life. I've tried living life otherwise and its caused me nothing but misery.
>>
>>26053859
Yeah, i know that. But what have to do with jews?
>>
>>26053871
How can you actually believe that your God has a higher chance of existing than KITERALLY any of the other gods? Because it pleases you? Or are you just that stupid? Maybe you are just stupid, all you know about debating is
>LE HER DURRR XDDD
Ahhh SHUT THE FUCK UUUUP
Omg jus educate yourself
What a pathetic child you are.
>>
File: image.png (61KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
61KB, 750x750px
>tfw Christian people say atheism is selfish
>tfw the whole point of Christianity is so YOU get into heaven.
>>
>>26053871

Says the one spewing vitriol. Nice dodge, you didn't answer my question either. What makes you believe The Holy Trinity is the true and one God?

>>26053876

Finding happiness in being a good person just shows that you are a decent and empathetic person. Belief in God isn't necessary for this.

>>26053888

Nice trips. Absolutely nothing, I just like the phrase.
>>
I enjoy religious texts like the bible (old and new testament) the quran. Enuma elish and the eddas as I think they offer valuable insight into the cultures that wrote them. But I don't believe in any concious higher power
>>
>>26053958
>Belief in God isn't necessary for this
Agreed, for me it's just an added bonus.
>>
Agnostic atheist but not really terrified of the idea so much. It's depressing to believe that we and our time period and everything is going to fade away inevitably but I honestly think it's for the best.

I've met someone in their 90's once and they just struck as someone living past their time, friends and family all dead, just a weary person sitting out their time. I think in a way it might be better to be held by some feeling of limited time and just try to make the best of it right there and then. But then again i'm a friendless KHV.
>>
>>26053915
OMG HOW CAN U EVEN OMG WHAT OMG I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT

Shut the fuck up you Tumblrina.
>>26053934
Wrong.
>OMG I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE SO IT MUST BE TRUE
Read the Bible sometime you stupid cunt.
>>26053958
>good person
Not defined you stupid cunt. Shut the fuck up or educate yourself.
The only way to define 'good' is to have something that is perfectly good.

And guess what: if you are against that thing then you are by definition evil.
>>
>>26053662
Hey I'd like to point out to you why I don't think it's pascal's wager please see this post. >>26053876
>>
File: 1449697421050.jpg (110KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449697421050.jpg
110KB, 720x960px
I started doubting around age 10. slowly i began doubting more and more until i was atheist by 13, its been the same since.
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT HE'LL IS MENTIONED NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE
>>
>>26054001
>STOP CALLING ME OUT ON MY LOGICAL FALLACIES AND MY LACK OF ACTUAL ARGUMENTS
Fuck off tumblrina
>>
>>26054033
But that doesn't promote the secular agenda; they NEED something to hate or they lose their power!
>>26054049
>logical fallacies
Nope; stop using big words that you don't know and I don't know--shut the fuck up?
>>
>>26053981

And that's absolutely fine. If you feel comfort in believing in God, that's cool. Just don't pretend that your interpretation is absolute.

>>26054001

You keep dodging my question. Why are you convinced that the specific God of the Bible (The Holy Trinity) is absolutely correct and unopened to debate?

Of course "good" isn't defined. Different cultures think different behavior is good.
>>
>>26054001
>read the bible sometime
Why would I want to read a book made by a bunch of desert dwellers that has been retranslated and changed tens of not hundreds of times over those years, which has continuously proven to be false? There is not a shred of evidence for anything in the bible.
>>
>>26054066
I know the exact definition of a logical fallacy, you however don't
You have been exclusively using ad hominem (a logical fallacy) to replace your arguments. It's even present in your post when you tell people to fuck off instead of countering their arguments, just admit that you can't defend your point in Christianity.
>>
>>26054070
Yes I am.
>le subjective faec
Good is defined; it's not defined in a secular world
>>26054084
LE DESERT DWELLER GOATFUCKER MEME I CANT ARGUE OR READ COMPLEX LITERATURE SO ILL JUST LAUGH AT IT I NEED EVIDENCE Y'NO???? C IT 2 BILEEB IT!
Shut the fuck up already, or educate yourself. Also, thanks for confirming that you're an illiterate child.
>>
>>26053023
Are these becoming a thing on r9k now?
>>
File: 1422921628104.jpg (92KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
1422921628104.jpg
92KB, 829x589px
>it's a pascal's wager episode
this stale-ass memeshit piece of tryhard metagaming needs to fucking die and soon.
>>
>>26054105

Still haven't defended you belief in your specific God (El, The King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Lamb, Yeshua)
>>
>>26054105
I am very literate and evidently have read more books than you. You seem to be in a highly emotional state which is why you can only reply to well thought out arguments with "fuck off" or "educate yourself". And why are you against the idea that evidence is needed to believe something? It makes perfect sense to only believe in what there is evidence for,
>>
File: 56948.png (78KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
56948.png
78KB, 750x750px
>>26054117
Pic related
These are the most degenerate threads that exist. Back to /b/
>>
File: 1453765784869.jpg (4KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1453765784869.jpg
4KB, 229x220px
>yelling at people on 4chan for their religious beliefs, knowing you're only reinforcing their support of it and thinking less of anyone who agrees with you
>>
>>26054104
>i know the exact definition that means im applying it properly
Do you not understand what 'shut the fuck up until you educate yourself' entails?

Don't go blabbering about stuff that you don't understand on a public forum.
>>26054129
>needing to defend beliefs
Another empiricist fallacy. My own logic falls apart upon accepting it so trying to resolve that with beliefs is a pointless mess. Instead, I only act as if it is true to those who have not accepted it because it still stands that way.
>>26054133
>i have read more books than you
You haven't, you only like to claim that because you're a pretentious manchild.
Evidence is an empiricist buzzword that doesn't actually exist.
>It makes perfect sense to only believe in what there is evidence for,
This is why I know you're illiterate: there are no intelligent or educated positivists.
>>
File: image.png (76KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76KB, 750x750px
>>26054159
O... R... S... A...
F... A... G...
>>
>>26054203
>Another empiricist fallacy. My own logic falls apart upon accepting it so trying to resolve that with beliefs is a pointless mess. Instead, I only act as if it is true to those who have not accepted it because it still stands that way.

So you are openly and unabashedly admitting to using circular reasoning to defend your faith. Why use logic at all if you reject empiricism? Isn't blind faith enough?
>>
>>26054203
I'm wasting my time with you, you are an intellectual lost cause. I guess you can only use logic and reason with those in double digit club
>>
File: 1443734494358.png (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443734494358.png
49KB, 500x500px
>>26053023
there is no god,
>was christian till 17(even got baptized)
>on jew tube
>see vid about muslims
>shit head is talking about how he can prove god is real
>it all hits me
>god is fake
>my hole life I hear about how chistains can prove god
>they cant both be right, oh shit there both wrong
>there all wrong
>say to my self " yah is all bullshit" smug face
>wtf my life is a lie
>>
Agnostic theism > *
>>
>>26054119
>pascal's wager
not necessarily >>26053876
>>
I was never raised with any religious crap at all, feels good man
>>
File: rip frail.png (45KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
rip frail.png
45KB, 750x750px
>>26054333
Nice trips, shame you're such a faggot.
>>
>>26054302
Empiricism is illogical by any logic other than its own.
Circular reasoning is incredibly useful if used properly, most don't understand this and instead presume it to be worthless because muh empiricism gotta c it 2 beleib it bullshit they were force fed.

All that matters is that you perceive the logic to be correct (which is absolutely is unless you accept it, then it cannot be known to be correct or incorrect).

Faith in an absolute being is the only faith that isn't blind. That's why one must exist, because otherwise the faith is still blind, because an absolute being does not exist in that case.
It really just follows from the semi-circular reasoning used to justify the proposition cogito ergo sum. I bet you reject mysticism too because of what those damned empiricists forced into you, too?
>>26054306
>I DONT LIKE WHAT U SAY SO UR STUPID
>>26054344
>>26054455
Heresy isn't good, Anon.
>>
>>26054488
Logic and faith and science and mysticism are human abstractions. If humans did not exist, would God exist? How do you know?
>>
>>26053212
same here bud. I'm not a good person and I will often have doubts about my beliefs, but I still believe he's there and he still loves me past my faults.
>>
I know there's an afterlife, it's hard to detect what kind.
>>
>>26054894
How do you know? Hate this stupid comment not original crap, can't even write a simple reply without having to go through this shit.
>>
>>26054923
My family has Lived in multiple haunted houses.

I don't know if demons or poltergeists exist, but ghosts do.
>>
Christianity starting when I was a kid -----> Wicca when I was a teenager -----> snapped out of Wicca in my early 20s and became an agnostic -----> brief return to Christianity before realizing that I just didn't have it in me to believe in God/Jesus anymore no matter how badly I wanted to -----> brief interest in Hinduism before realizing I couldn't rouse up belief in that either -----> finally willing to admit that I'm an atheist and now I'm okay with it
>>
I think that there might be some sort of afterlife, but as to morality applying to it, I don't think that there is any. It would be far too complex a phenomenon for a human to put a spin on. We're conniving little egotistical beings by default, so I don't think that we'd be judged, lest the near-infinite instances of animals who kill and rape their own young be judged as well.
>>
>>26054957
I've always taken interest in things like that. I've had experiences at my parent's house where I would hear whispers, one time a growl, and often see awful images when I closed my eyes. Didn't happen very often after I moved out. I could also just be fucked in the head, that might be it.
>>
>>26053023
organised religion is for chumps
explain your reality on your own
>>
>>26055035
Most of the time it's only man that has to follow the code of the god. I don't think animals are judged by the same standards if at all.
>>
>>26055089
*organized
>>
File: 1421749561834.jpg (195KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1421749561834.jpg
195KB, 500x484px
>>26053023
Kinda similar here, OP.
>be me, an 11 year old kid, believing in god
>have a best friend who's basically like my brother
>we hang out every day for HOURS
>suddenly one day learn that my friend is moving away with his mom to another country, far away
>hope that this isn't true
>it is
>he eventually moves
>no longer see him, a pretty abrupt end to our friendship
>this was times before internet was widespread so we basically lost any contact at all
>pretty much as if a close family member died
>fall in grief
>start praying every day that he comes back some way
>few years later (2 maybe 3) I realize that it's not going to happen and god doesn't exist
>become atheist and start thinking/reading a lot about religions
>move on with my life and forget about my friend
Here's the fun part
>he eventually does come back as a result of an unfortunate event
>after 10 fucking years or more
>we didn't even meet, I learned about it through a friend of a friend
>desu I didn't even feel like meeting him since both of us changed and I moved to a different city
>>
>>26053023
I'm a Mormon. Most Mormon males can get a gf but I didn't go on a two year mission so I'm fucked. Mormon girls are told to date RMs (return missionaries) and if you're not an rm you're fucked pretty much
>>
File: 98.jpg (63KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
63KB, 400x225px
>tfw reading enough philosophy and literature that you realize how common mystical thought is
>tfw realizing that just about everyone really intelligent who ever lived, including recently, was some kind of comfy deist or whatever
>tfw tapping into their thought and writings and discovering subtle shades of meaning that you never would have appreciated while still a plebbo
>tfw happy and full of purpose
>>
File: 1448603928432.jpg (234KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448603928432.jpg
234KB, 600x800px
Existentialism is an interesting point of view, to be honest, kouhai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCGL9tRDEc
>>
>>26055515
>54 minutes
nah
>>
>>26053023

Used to be atheist before I realized the truth of the Force. I'm a Jedi by religion. Truth be told I'm an eclectic, but my beliefs follow in line with those of the Jedi, and I find the mythology of Star Wars to be a good way to express that belief.
>>
>>26055553
yeah thats cool k
>>26055555
>>
File: 1441320029114.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1441320029114.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>26053023
Catholic, but my self hate and general hopelessness are slowly killing my faith for good, but "intellectually" I'm still strongly christian. I hope it gets better, but first I need to find the guts to go confess my pathetic sins (mainly compulsive masturbation to lolicon and petty things like that)
>>
I'm an atheist that goes to church
Not to tip my fedora but because I quote enjoy the mass
Other fedoras say that public morals can be uphold without religion and while that is true for my fellow enlighted fedoras it is not true for the masses
>>
how do you know if something is an uncommon spiritual/religious belief or if you're actually crazy
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.