[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here from California? Specifically South Cal? >live

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: California.png (18KB, 263x300px) Image search: [Google]
California.png
18KB, 263x300px
Anyone here from California? Specifically South Cal?

>live in Sweden
>see videos/images of California
>top tier food
>top tier people
>hot wimmin
>top tier weather
>top tier nature
>top tier events

makes me seriously depressed. is California not as good as I think it is?
>>
Cali is a meme. Fuck that place. Indians and Asians everywhere. Used to live just outside SF(408)
Does have good ass food though
>>
Just look at this shit. Looks like such a healthy place to live in.
>>
>>26000781
>top tier people
They are the biggest fucking normies and assholes I have ever met. The only people I have met from SoCal like to brag about wealth that I doubt they actually have while wagecucking 15 hours a day then get drunk off their asses every weekend. It is disgusting.

>top tier weather
You ever hear of drought and wildfires?

>top tier events
Not including the possibility of extremely damaging earthquakes.
>>
File: 1413725046672.jpg (19KB, 268x227px) Image search: [Google]
1413725046672.jpg
19KB, 268x227px
>>26000844
>Indians and Asians everywhere.

I expected a great amount of immigrants there, but not these? I thought it was packed with Mexicans instead?
>>
>>26000870
>They are the biggest fucking normies and assholes I have ever met. The only people I have met from SoCal like to brag about wealth that I doubt they actually have while wagecucking 15 hours a day then get drunk off their asses every weekend. It is disgusting.

Definitely seems like a degenerate lifestyle, sadly.

>You ever hear of drought and wildfires?
Yes but I've also heard about 24/7 warmy, sunny comfy weather.

>Not including the possibility of extremely damaging earthquakes.
Good point.
>>
>>26000781
SoCal here.

It's alright.

Social situations will not magically come to you where you live because the people and women are different or whatever. It's probably not as good as you think it is.

I've lived here my whole life, I sure hope this place isn't as good as it gets.
>>
>>26000959
You can get warm, sunny, and comfy weather somewhere you don't have to pay out the ass for water.
>>
>>26000884
Mexicans and Asians.
>>
>>26000884
>SF
>not full of Asians

Are you retarded
>>
>>26001029
Example? Can be outside of America I suppose. Australia?
>>
>>26000844
>San Francisco

There's you're problem, jackass. SF is a shithole compared to LA.
>>
>>26000781
there's never a dull moment in Cali, that's for sure. It's almost like a separate country tb honest
>>
File: 1414427468608.png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1414427468608.png
205KB, 501x445px
>>26000781
>Anyone here from California? Specifically South Cal?
>>26001073
>SF
>>
File: 1434066521710.jpg (10KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1434066521710.jpg
10KB, 312x312px
>>26001092
why do you browse /r9k/ then, anon?
>>
i grew up in west LA, lived in long beach, and living in santa monica

its ok i guess, theres a lot to do and its pretty big
>>
>>26001074
Southern Florida, Italy, Greece, parts of Turkey, Middle East, North Africa, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean, Brazil, etc.
>>
>>26001110
I don't live in Cali anymore
>>
I like it out here, but there are definitely flaws. It certainly isn't boring though.
>>
>>26000998
My only problem with being in California is that the rest of the nation hates you, so if you want out, you will forever brand the mark of the Californian.
>>
>>26001112
was it expensive, rent and shit like that?
>>
>>26001124
Why did you move away?
>>
>>26000781
OP you're over romanticizing
>Running out of water
>Watts looks like Detroit
>Normies that think highly of themselves
We do have some of the best weed tho
>>
OP if you want to get really comfy, download the OC and marathon that shit.
>>
>>26001171
family moved to Michigan when I was like 12
>>
>>26001122
>Southern Florida

ive heard florida sounds nice, but not the southern part.

>Italy, Greece, Spain

three south euro countries with massive unemployment and taxes out the fucking galaxy

>Middle East, North Africa

troll

>parts of Turkey

terrible country, terrible politics, islamic, etc

> Caribbean
$$$

>Brazil

lol

>Portugal

irrelevant country
>>
>>26001141
how should i know, the entire time my mummy was paying the rent
back in west LA at first we lived in a relatives house, then i used to live in a little garage shack behind someones house, rent was like 150 a month
then we moved to long beach in an apartment that was around 750 a month, and currently we live in the santa monica apartment that costs about 1100 for 1 bedroom
>>
>>26000781
I'm from the bay area, but don't live there now. California has a lot of variety so your experience will definitely depend on where you go. That being said, there's some really beautiful places and hopefully after this winter they'll recover a bit from the drought. I drove down to university this last semester along the 1, which is the highway that goes along the coast, and it's one of the most scenic roads I've ever driven on. Besides the nature, the cities have a lot to offer if you're into that sort of thing. I personally can't stand L.A. though and Oakland has a bad reputation for a reason. San Francisco can be fun if you're not a /pol/tard and San Diego is comfy as well. San Jose and Sacramento are boring desu. All in all though it's a pretty good place to live and visit, and there's a lot of diversity in the food and events and communities around the state.
>>
>>26001237
>San Diego is comfy as well.
Good to hear. I always thought San Diego was sort of a comfy place.
Thanks for your post, I probably won't move to the U.S due to it being so fucking difficult to become a resident there, but I like to think about how life would've been if I lived there.
>>
>>26001232
did you win the lotto?
>>
I'm in orange county. It's full of Asians, Mexicans, and whites
>>
>>26001232
is your family loaded with monies or something?
>>
>>26001219
>$$$
You do realize Cali is like the most expensive place to live in the country, right?
>>
>>26000844
>good ass
Are you black
>>
>>26001279
You should come visit. California and the West coast in general is pretty friendly to foreigners. And there's bound to be something you're interested in here. Although living here it always seemed boring to me. I guess that's how it is anywhere though. Assuming you're OP, I'd like to visit Sweden eventually, along with the rest of Europe. I'm envious of your continent's long and rich history.
>>
>>26001358
What is there to do in So Cal?

I live here and I haven't done much. I've been to Venice beach, explored Black Star Canyon on Halloween, been to the pike, gone to Little Tokyo, ect.

I'm lame and I want to go outside.
>>
>>26001303
I already live in a country filled with immigrants from every corner of the world, and honestly I'd rather prefer Mexicans and Asians to the MENA people.
>>
>>26000781
From Los Angeles, now Shit Diego.
It really depends on where you live/hang out.
The worst thing we have to deal with are gangs which only bother you if you ask for it. And assholes from out of state complaining about how much they dislike California, even though they're most likely vacationing
>>
>>26001488
>Shit Diego.
What's so Shit about San Diego?
>>
thoughts on fresno?
>>
>>26000781
I live in SF, am from Colorado. Colorado is beautiful, relaxed, and has a lower cost of living. In SF, you really need to make six figures to take advantage of the area and the city. Would be a terrible place to raise a family unless you're loaded. The weather is cool and cloudy, and driving outside the city along Highway 1 north or south is breathtaking. Big Sur and the central coast are gorgeous. There's a lot of cultural stuff to do in SF that I enjoy. It's a pretty great place but don't think I'll be here forever. Tech bros are a bummer. I feel bad for all the homeless people and those getting priced out of the city.

I haven't spent much time in SoCal but I've hated LA every time I've gone. It's an ugly city with beautiful but horrible people. Malibu is beautiful. San Diego is really nice too.

Overall, California is amazing for a lot of reasons, but as a result attracts awful people and desperate people. It's ridiculously expensive to live anywhere worthwhile. I'm enjoying it for now but can't see myself here forever.
>>
>>26001437
You should make a trip to the central coast if nature is your thing. I've been to Montana de Oro and Morro Bay which are both pretty cool. There's also a lot of other hiking and camping sites around there. Really though, I'd just try to find small places you like. Venice Beach is nice and all but nothing beats a little hidden away cove for me. If there are trails around where you live try exploring some of those. Maybe even try camping in the desert on a clear night.
>>
File: carlton.jpg (15KB, 289x400px) Image search: [Google]
carlton.jpg
15KB, 289x400px
>>26001523
It tries so hard to be like actual cities. I.e. Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Miami. There is no individuality here, only a hive mind of everyone trying to be "the nice/perfect white person". It's disgusting desu.
>>
>>26001445
Oc is great. Just avoid Santa Ana and anaheim.
>>
>>26001580
I remember wanting to live in San Francisco as a kid, and then the tech boom hit and now my dream is to live in New York. It's probably cheaper at this point.
>>
>>26001612
>tfw I'd love to live in a neighborhood filled with Carlton type people
>>
Thanks for the replies boyz. But the realization that I will never move to California and live in a comfy apartment in San Diego due to the difficulty of even getting a green card, makes me sad. Maybe it will be possible. I'll find a waifu while possibly studying there/visiting on a vacation.
>>
I'm from California; Orange County.

If you are rich and can afford to live here, it's great. But it's extremely expensive. You need at least $100k to support a family and at least $60k if you're single.
>>
>>26001634
I like visiting NYC but wouldn't want to live there. Shit weather compared to SF, and none of the landscape or wildlife that I love about the west.
>>
Orange County here. Pretty nice place except for where there's majority Mexicans.
>>
>>26001311
>>26001291
were literally in poverty
>>
>>26001628
Yeah Santa Ana and Anaheim are pretty ghetto except for the parts near Peters Canyon which is rich.

Some parts of Anaheim are scary.
>>
>>26001744
how can you afford living in santa monica?
>>
>>26000781
San Diego here

Everything looks nice from other places. Bet you don't see the ghetto as parts of my county. The really nice areas are expensive as shit to live in, and we're constantly told not to swim because mexicans cant handle their fucking sewage and garbage properly.
>>
I lived in California 24 out of the 26 years I've lived on Earth. It's a fun place. Very expensive and restricting in laws.

I prefer Texas desu.
>>
File: 1450408683574.jpg (91KB, 773x510px) Image search: [Google]
1450408683574.jpg
91KB, 773x510px
>>26000781
>A Swede idolizing California
why am I not surprised
>>
>>26001759
my mum works as a babysitter
>>
>>26001634
New York is basically a more expensive and crowded California with none of the nice California weather.
>>
>>26001772
>I prefer Texas desu.
why
>>
>>26001709
>>26001742
I live in California, Orange County as well.
>>
>>26001842
hows it like
>>
>>26001812
That's why I like it, honestly. Everything in California is spread so far apart and the nice weather makes me feel guilty for being a pallid excuse for a human being. I also really love NYC's atmosphere, if that makes sense.
>>
>>26001859
Aight, I guess? I don't go outside often. I don't think it would matter where I lived... Weather is nice?
>>
>>26001820
Way cheaper to live out here, honestly. Really good food and friendly people are the icing on top.
>>
>>26001898
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
>>
I've been in most states, and California is probably the best of them, assuming you can get to middle-class or upper-middle class status.

Sure, there are downsides, but they're minimal relative to everywhere else. I live in PA btw.
>>
>>26000781
>tip-top tier drought

Fixed
>>
IT'S ALL HOLLYWOOD MARKETING.

Everyone in California wants to go to Europe because of how amazing it is. Everyone in Europe wants to go to California.
>>
>>26000781
I live in Southern California. Mostly it's just overcrowded. It does have top tier nature though, and some good cities.

Mostly I'm in the dark watching anime in my room though so I may not be the right person to ask,

And yes it's filled to the brim with normies.
>>
>>26001135
there is literally no difference between an Oklahoman and somebody from Bakersfield and an Iowan and someone from Fresno though
>>
>>26001314
NYC is more expensive
>>
>>26001354
Native American
>>
>>26001612
That actually sounds closer to the richer parts of orange county.
>>
I've lived in SD my entire life and I fucking hate it. LA is a lot worse though.
>>
>>26002477
Yeah it does. San Diego is actually a pretty cool place. Probably my favorite place in CA. It is indeed pretty comfy.
>>
>>26001237
408 guy here
San Jose is where I used to live. Fucking hated it
>>
if you like mexicans and or mexican food then come on down!
>>
socal born raised currently living/trapped for the foreseeable future

it's great if you're wealthy and attractive, and still very enjoyable if you have a job with extra money to burn, and still fun as fuck even if you're poor with good friends because there's always the chance that someone knows someone with connections to fun shit, and even if you manage to be poor and ugly we still have great weather and entertainment.

if you're full robot with no car, job, friends, social skills, and are boring as fuck you still have the internet.
>>
California cunts worship swedes. Anything that is blonde foreign, or exotic they would get the chance to fuck behind their boring "American" boyfriends. Stupid fucking spoiled cunts think they are entitled to everything. It's good for Eurocucks, but terrible if you are a self respecting white man who grew up here who hates sluts and cucks. Degenerate SJW California females and cucks are the worst thing to ever exist. Probably exactly like Stockholm
>>
>>26000844
>visit my brother in nocal
>complete degenerate shithole
Its literally the birthplace of SJWs, and that whole transexualilty/excepting mental illness shit thats ruining this world.

I blame the lack of a real winter, without knowing the hardship of winter they have more time to think about ways to pretend they're being oppressed
>>
>>26002413
>this is what californians believe
>>
Oakland reporting in. Stay away from the niggers and Chinatown and SF and Oakland are the best two cities in the US. On a contrary note, how is Sweden? It looks so peaceful and clean.
>>
I don't recommend SF. 5 years ago SF was really nice, relatively laid back, more people and less crowded. Good music, food at reasonable prices and entertainment. But these days, everything is crowded as fuck like some Chinese or Mexican city, full of Chinks Spics and Poo in Loos, food tastes like shit and is overpriced. People try too hard, are extremely toolish, It's like a caricature, they try too hard to maintain this image that they is based on magazines or tv shows, yet looks toolish as fuck. From my understanding LA seems more tolerable these days. It seems ironically we have a lot more stupid fucking shitty kike, sandnigger and chink transplants from socal thinking this is it, the new hip place to be. It ain't what it used to be like
>>
>>26002477
I live in one of these richer parts and there's too many Asians here for it to fit the other anon's description

Not that I mind them or anything
>>
>>26000781
>top tier food
yes
>top tier people
Depends. The culture is very different depending on where you go. LA is fairly vacuous but places like Palo Alto and Berkeley are filled with intellectual, introvert types. There's also plenty of ghetto filth and povertyfags
>hot wimmin
the best
>top tier weather
Depends what you like but LA weather is my favorite. The valleys get pretty hot during the summer though
>top tier nature
Yeah, though most of it is far from the cities unfortunately. People forget how big California is. It has 40,000,000 people which is larger than many entire countries. It's also large geographically
>top tier events
yes
>>
File: tumblr_nmepsaVwPi1tgeaaqo1_500.jpg (68KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmepsaVwPi1tgeaaqo1_500.jpg
68KB, 500x281px
Socal sucks ass, fucking smog breathing, sneakerhead collecting mouthbreathers. You dildos have so many niggers and south east asians running rampant that ypur deought excess is the worst, especially in LA. thats why your faggot citizens come up state for uni and shit, and to get away from the barbaric civil war down there between niggers and the honorable LAPD.

You want some fun shit to do, being far safer and be comfy? Fresno is where its at. 2 hours from nearly everything in CA and cheap food thanks to our thriving agriculture.

>but muh LA shops
Are expensive as fuck. Kill yourselves, im not spending 200 bucks on pants

>nigga u aint got shit
Youre right, we dont have shit flying through us thanks to lack of gang violence. Homogenous neighborhoods exist here and are extremely peaceful.

>muh bruins pride
Bitch bulldogs for life.
>>
File: 1431757980629.jpg (97KB, 476x608px) Image search: [Google]
1431757980629.jpg
97KB, 476x608px
California fucking sucks man. Everything is expensive as fuck and there's beaners everywhere. Gun laws here are the fucking worst too.
>>
>>26000781
It's very good it you like variety. Southern California never gets old.

The only bad thing is that rent is expensive due to sheer demand.
>>
>>26002930
lol you seriously think LA isn't also overrun with wetbacks and niggers?

we got plenty of tryhards here too, just check silver lake or echo park
>>
>>26000861
It's fucking not, Venice is the lowest of society. A central hub of tweakers, gangs, and hobos.
All under the guise of hipster progressive shit.

310 here btw
>>
Santa Maria, CA here. We have homicides daily here.
>>
>>26000781
Live in California, it ok. But living here is expensive as all fucks. Pretty boring, I mean there isn't much to say regarding California. It's...ok. In regards to normies, they don't really bother you or try to make random conversation.
>>
>>26000781
I live in Long Beach, in total california sucks.
I'd leave this hell if I could find some place in bumfuckNevada.
Rent is expensive, gas is expensive, food is getting expensive.
You have to drive for like 50 minutes to go anywhere with trees, even then Angeles forest has fucking rich housing all around it.
Muh shopping is for normies, too expensive at these places they go to just to brag.
>Muh food
Whooo cares, all we have is korean, mexican, and jap food places that are so generic, and over priced cause some hipster blogged about it.
I could buy the same shit in the frozen section at the market.
>Muh qt
>Muh people
Qt's? Where? Oh right, the ones that only want some rich Chad to pay for beach housing in santa monica.
Everywhere else, the scum of the asian americans, blacks inland, indians taking over block long apartments, and then non-english speaking mexicans.
Its coastal cities should all be glassed.
North and South.

>>26003252
Fresno has some high gang violence btw
All them blacks moving east
>>
>>26000781
>top tier tax
>top tier isis
>top tier incels
>top tier illegals
>SJW is a law
>top tier liberal retards allowing all of this
>still more ugly than Colorado or Alaska
>>
>>26000781
>top tier food
Its pretty great.
>top tier people
About the average as anywhere else in the US.
>hot wimmin
Yes, but they're mainly barbies. Nothing usually natural about them.
>top tier weather
Its alright.
>top tier nature
Nah. Oregon takes the cake for this one.
>top tier events
Top tier events only because its the entertainment capital of the world.

I was kicked out at 16 and have traveled and lived almost everywhere in the US. Cal is great if you have the money and some good friends. The large amount of people is overbearing though, and theres a lot of health concerns there.
>>
>>26004231
>>SJW is a law
I use the word retard and people got mad at me, i wasn't even calling someone retarded, i was referring to myself. Someone got mad because I thought where I worked had a good environment, but since I'm a white male I literally couldn't couldn't know.
I mentioned I was a minority in my major (literally the only male, and get sexually harassed all the time) and was told to stop being so sexist.

Being a white male in cali is living hell unless you're high 100% of the time which explains why most of the population is too retarded to speak more than 10 words a minute.
>>
Best weed in the entire world :^)
>>
Right on the border of 323/818 here.

This place kinda sucks desu. If you're not a full-blown super chad everybody thinks you're antisocial. Most girls are fat Mexicans. Everything is expensive. The job market sucks unless you have specialty skills in aerospace, automotive, or of course the film/TV industry. Everybody's fake all the time and has a massively inflated ego.

The geography is nice, though, and it's definitely a convenient place to live. One of the best things about LA is that I can drive 20 minutes and buy shit that would have to be ordered online in most other cities. We have pretty good food too.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.