[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I may be a robot, but I'm smart! >lol no I suck at math

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (66KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 960x576px
>I may be a robot, but I'm smart!
>lol no I suck at math
>>
>>25998705
fuck man i am guessing you fucked up factorizing a quadratic equation

all hope is lost bro
>>
>>25998705
high schooler or literal retard detected
>>
File: 20160124_155435~2.jpg (667KB, 3598x2985px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_155435~2.jpg
667KB, 3598x2985px
Tfw smarter than over 99% of people and can prove it

feels good man
>>
>>25998813
>smarter than 99 percent of armed forces

kys tbqh
>>
File: 1427750046962.png (2MB, 1314x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1427750046962.png
2MB, 1314x1278px
>>25998705
>tfw i was in the "level 3" or just above tard level math class in high school and still struggled
>routinely scored a and a+ on tests in history, science and english although getting an 80-85 in the class because i refused to do homework
>>
>>25998813

Doing exceptionally well on the ASVAB is like getting an 'A' in a special ed class.

The military is where people who are too stupid to pass college go.
>>
>>25998925
My experience, and anecdotal evidence isnt always true, was that the quality of human being passing through MEPS including physical and mental condition was on average higher than the general population. Good kids they were.
>>
>>25998838
you seem jealous of my cushy future job, free housing, good salary and GI bill
>>
You should try taking the language aptitude test you need for any crypto positions. I'm doing it in a few days and it seems quite difficult but it is just down to inherent ability

>>25998838
>>25998925
Armed forces are smarter than general population. This is a fact.

Why are you so insecure?
>>
>>25998813
>Putting so much value on a number
Try achieving something.
>>
>>25999533
>squat 200kg
>"lol, it's just a number, why don't you actually go accomplish something"
Stupid people are so easily offended.
>>
>>25998705
It looks like you were supposed to factor some kind of quadratic equation.
This is 9th-10th grade math....

anon
>>
>>25998813
Correction: Smarter than 99% of people in the military.

Not as impressive tbqh
>>
>>25999742
>mass is just a number
Percentiles aren't static
>>
>>26001507
>stronger than 99% of all people who have ever existed
>it's just a percentage brah, you never accomplished anything
>>
>>26001667
Im 105% sure that being strong isn't inherently an accomplishment
It's just a state
>>
>>26001721
Nothing is an accomplishment

Everything is a state
>>
>>25998813

99 percent of the people who were dumb enough to join the armed forces

>>26000000
>>
>>25999458
Are you sure the armed forces are smarter than the general population?

I took the ASVAB and got 99 as well, and I'm dumb as shit.
>>
>>25998705
>not good at math due to learning disability
>still got 31 on ACT and scholarship
>still on Dean's list
>still going to pursue doctorate
Mad because you're going to have to be an engineer because Med School didn't work out?
>>
>>26001962
>implying an accomplishment isn't the act of fulfilling a goal
>>
>>26000410
Take a look over here...
>>
>>26002019
>are you sure
Yes

But the ASVAB is tested against all other military APPLICANTS.

>>26002070
>goal is to masturbate and eat a bag of chips
>objectively better than a guy who squats 200kg because I don't recognize things I don't like as goals
>>
>>26002935
Achieving things has nothing to do with being better than anyone else unless you both are trying to achieve the same thing
And even then it's just makes you better than them at that specific task
>>
>>26003025
>achieve things
>real achievements like being intelligent or strong
>pfft kid ur not accomplished baka
>>
>>25998705
mml?
>>
>>26003088
>real achievements like being intelligent or strong
Those aren't achievements though
Did you set a goal for being in the 99th percentile? If yes, good job at achieving your goal. If no, you didn't achieve shit
Also please tell me you aren't the guy with the 99th percentile rank on the military thing, because you are flat out retarded
This isn't a hard concept to wrap your mind around
>>
>>26003178
If someone runs a race and wins but they never set the goal of winning are they really a winner?
>>
>>26003276
Yes?
Winning isn't the same as achieving something
>>
>>25998705

I liked MyMathLab
>>
>>26003312
Winning is winning+underprivilege
>>
>>26003525
x=x+y
y=0
>>
>>26003312
Winning a race is practically always an achievement because it was a goal for which one has worked consistently towards. Very few will win without putting in effort.
Intelligence is not an achievement, if we think of it as a gift at birth, but to develop it into anything useful and recognizable requires education which, of course, is work.

Arguing semantics until the other party tires of the dialog does not indicate winning or intelligence, and we have to question why it would be your goal.
>>
you may be a retard but mathlab is fucking bullshit, they expect you to use short dash for negative and even if you got the answer correct they'll penalize you because for some abstract reason they'll alter how many tenths of hundreds you'll need after the decimal point and there is ZERO indication of when.

and yes, this applies even if you aren't using specific formulas, the answer will suddenly be 1.000 on an incredibly innocuous equation that has no hint of being related to anything

fuck mathlab
>>
>math is the only objective measure of intelligence

this whole thread a shit
>>
File: 1450551364596.jpg (19KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
1450551364596.jpg
19KB, 600x870px
>be humanitiesfag
>constantly encounter the outer fringes of math in a hundred different branches of philosophy, from analytics to metaphysics
>be amazed by the mystic potential of math being the language of reality itself
>be slightly in awe of STEMfags and assume they tap into this majesty through hard work, and humanitiesfags like me are missing out
>start learning math
>it's tough as fuck
>get to the point where i can just barely understand higher order college level stuff
>eagerly start talking to esteemed, visionary, world-famous mathematicians at my university
>mfw i realize they are all complete, intuitive materialists in their outlook
>mfw they don't grasp an iota of the mystical or metaphysical aspects of higher math
>mfw they don't even really understand what the concreteness of mathematical laws implies, and spend most of their time playing at meaningless quantitative number puzzles
>mfw even professional scientists are childlike retards who are genuinely content with puerile, reductionist accounts of the nature of reality
>mfw the vast majority of high level STEM people are ignorant of other branches of their own field, let alone other fields or disciplines altogether
>mfw even the luminaries of STEM are the biggest reservoir of literally autistic toy collectors in the world
>mfw trying to experience an ounce of majesty is impossible around these eternally plebeian tolstoyan foxes
>mfw the vast majority are just average dumb normalfags aside from their single hyper-focused academic specialty
>mfw they don't read books (like at all)
>mfw phds in theoretical physics have the exact same political opinions as your dumbass uncle who works at the olive garden
>mfw it is actually staggering how dumb they are in every single respect other than knowing one specific kind of math really well
>mfw disillusioned
>mfw realizing after all that work that math isn't even the language of reality but a closed and self-referential puzzlebox for autistic fucking faggots
>>
>>26002019
its an average of all people who take it which are HS kids who intentionally do shit so they dont get recruiters to bother them, HS kids who do shit because they eat lead chips, and the average retards who literally only have 11brooms or cook as their only options
>>25999132
i wanted to disagree but looking back the people there were for the most part, decent people especially compared to the retards i meet elsewhere
>>
>>25998705
Is there anyone here who can't multiply that out in their head?
>>
>>26003088
Being intelligent or strong aren't achievements, they're requisites.
>>
>>26004467
>spend most of their time playing at meaningless quantitative number puzzles
You mean like Numberphile? That shit annoys me, it's clickbait for pseudointellectuals.
>>
I dunno, I think anyone can be good at math if they put the effort into learning it.

I think a lot of people who say they're bad at math probably just didn't try hard enough in school to learn it.

I sure as hell didn't.

But I did succeed at math when I bared down, studied, and got help when necessary. Of course, I didn't always do this--because I didn't care--so I averaged C+/B- in math.

I don't think that people who can do math are automatically smarter than me, or others who have no or little affinity for math, simply for that reason alone. We've just spent time pursuing different interests.
>>
>>25998913
dude just drop out and get a GED. thats what i did. freshmen year of high school i was like fuck this bullshit, i stopped showing up to school. i took the GED without studying and passed it. im 18 now, so for like four years all i've been doing is smoking pot, browsing 4chan, playing vidya, life's good.
>>
>>25998925
There are tons of doctors and engineers in the military way smarter than you
>>
>>25998705
Underage faggot that can't factor 5m^2+40m+75
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.