[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We were all dead before our birth right ? Nothing to feel or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 56411.jpg (112KB, 491x443px) Image search: [Google]
56411.jpg
112KB, 491x443px
We were all dead before our birth right ? Nothing to feel or think.

That said, can we conclude that life is a curse ?
>>
>>25997307
that would imply that the dead are somehow born again into life
>>
If we were really just "nothing" before we were born then that means consciousness just springs up out of nothing. So if when we die we become nothing that means we might actually become something again. Kind of weird to think about.
>>
>>25997307
life is a temporary nuisance
>>
>>25997307
we have always been alive anon. Except we were apart of God, our souls. God gave us our souls that are of light like he is. He gave us bodies. And there is nothing before God, because he is the meaning of the word beginning and the meaning of the word last.
>>
>>25997520
"god" religions are false and insignificant.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.gif (112KB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.gif
112KB, 255x231px
>>25997568
except the religion of the blood god

MORE SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
>>25997568
Shut up fedora tipper.
>>
>>25997568
mate you are false and insignificant
>>
You guys overthink things.

You are a human. This means you a series of muscle tissues, lipids, chemicals and other biological matter. All of this matter works together by being commanded by the brain to do things. Your brain is a vat of chemicals which work together in a certain way to form your consciousness, and your consciousness can be simply thought of as a machine which accepts input (your senses), and determines actions to take to better your chance of accompolishing what your brain wants.

Before you were born, you were not alive. You were a large combination of vitamins and other matter which your parents ate, and then their bodies used this matter to produce sexual organisms which were then linked together to create you.

When you die your body will decompose and your will probably become food, dirt, etc.
>>
>>25997307
Life isn't a curse. Curse implies structure, order, and meaning
>>
>>25997784
I like you I hope we can get a beer one day
>>
Life is meant to help you appreciate the silence that comes before and after
>>
>>25997784
You're not touching the real point of the post m8. consciousness just springs at one moment out of matter. all the building blocks of your body were there, no question. but it's not like "consciousness particles" were floating and then collected to create the mind. consciousness is a binary process - either it exists or it doesn't. it's created so to speak out of nothing at one moment.
>>
Try to imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up... now try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep.

-Alan Watts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjE6d_JmQI
>>
>>25997784
You overthink things.

The human being has a soul or spirit, which is effectively the consciousness that is transmitted by through the brain to experience life as humanity.

Before you are born, your consciousness is unfettered by your biology and the dimensions of the 3D realm, id est; space-time.

When you die, your body will decompose, return its elemental constituents to the earth, and your soul will once again go back to the dimension beyond space-time until a subsequent incarnation in the material world takes place.
>>
>>25997957
Please, show me evidence of souls existing.

Really, I want some evidence.

Stop spewing shit you cannot prove. You are what holds us back. You are the reason people ask this question every fucking day. People see reality (my post) and then see your post, and since they are not educated enough they do not know who to believe.
>>
File: 1449068496404.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1449068496404.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>25997468
this

it is said that our conciousness is like information written in a particle that a brain can hold, when the brain (physical body) gets old and can't hold itself together anymore that particle or whatever that makes you yourself, will go and find a new one, in this state you can't receive time or anything really, basically in a snap of a second you are born as chad.
>>
What if time is cyclincal and we're re-living the exact same lives over and over again forever?
>>
>>25997808
Same here anon. Where at?
>>
>>25998099

what the fuck did you just say. are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>25998076
I was illustrating a point. Your perspective is merely that, a perspective. Calm your tantrum and go masturbate or something.
>>
File: 291127.jpg~original.jpg (38KB, 612x800px) Image search: [Google]
291127.jpg~original.jpg
38KB, 612x800px
I like to think we're the exact same person witht the same looks, likes and dislike but we just get reborn every few years in different countries. I just like the thought of this
>>
>>25998342
quit it with the red herrings and answer the question you pretentious faggot
>>
File: confucius.jpg (20KB, 449x305px) Image search: [Google]
confucius.jpg
20KB, 449x305px
>>25998099
just because the matter you are made up of could potentially become part of another human does not mean your consciousness would transfer
hypothetically if reincarnation was even possible (which it isn't) you are partially correct; when you die you have no perception of time so you would instantaneously become another living being
>>
>>25998545
You are a different consciousness every second. The fact that it feels like you're the same is just an illusion, it just feels like that because you have that persons exact same memories and almost the same brain structure. Consciousness isn't real.
>>
File: grumpy.png (282KB, 505x491px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy.png
282KB, 505x491px
>>25997902
Not him, but you're speaking as if consciousness is more than chemical reactions. Sure, from a human perspective we just starting thinking at a specific point in time, but from an outside perspective there was not much of a change in the matter you are made out of between the second before and after consciousness started for you.
>>
File: browsing_late_at_night.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
browsing_late_at_night.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>25998635
That's like saying that matter isn't real because atoms are constantly changing. Consciousness is just a word that describes what humans perceive as themselves. Were you just adding more to the conversation or trying to refute something I said?
>>
>>25998635
Your consciousness does not change every time a chemical interaction occurs inside of your brain.

Your brain changes, yes, but your consciousness does not. Your consciousness is the process of your brain changing to accomodate for changes in its environment (eg thinking).
>>
>>25998635
>what you experience isn't real man
>it's just an illusion
>your consciousness changes every second but you still have consciousness

then who was phone
>>
>>25997307

We weren't dead before we were born. We didn't exist yet. For something to be dead it had to at one time come into existence.

To feel anything at all is a blessing. Life is not a curse, it is a miracle, and you're an armchair pseudo-philosopher.
>>
>>25998342
Not a perspective you dimwit, simply reality. See >>25998427
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.