[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw schizophrenia Original schizo thread.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: 960.jpg (34KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
34KB, 960x540px
>tfw schizophrenia

Original schizo thread.
>>
You know when you're doing something in public and people are looking at you and you can hear the telepathic conversation they are having with each other?

I hate that.

I also hate it when you're just walking down the street minding your own business when a car drives by and you hear insults shouted at you as you walk telepathically.
>>
>>25988318
>mfw ironically chronically using Mary Jane to cure my symptoms, if I'm off for a few weeks I cannot tell which is waking and dreaming.
>>
Schizo here who screams in his sleep. Ask me anything.
>>
>>25988362
are people really telepathic? i've heard stuff
>>
>>25988375
>mfw tried being sober and heard this low whispering every damned day 24/7.
>mfw laying in bed and wake up elsewhere and wake up where I slept.
>can be constant thru the night, constant dreaming.
>>
>>25988423
Do you record the screaming?
>>
>>25988599
No, but I am planning to do so. Never heard it myself.
>>
I've heard that Schizophrenics make wonderful art if they can manage to stay stable long enough. You guys should try.
>>
>>25988628
Painting pictures is against my religion.
>>
>>25988628
Schizophrenic and artist here.

I can usually write poetry, but I can always tell when I'm beginning to slip because suddenly my words will become jumbled and my understanding of certain definitions will 'evolve' into something more free and intangible, like I'll pick words based on sound quality rather than actual meaning. It makes for a jumbled mess but provides an early warning that my meds probably need adjusting.

That and I'll start seeing things. lol.
>>
These threads always kills me inside. There's nothing worse than schizophrenia.

I love you guys and I hope you all the best
>>
>>25988858
Best wishes to you mate. Sincerely.
>>
>>25988858
I will admit it's pretty bad and has completely fucked up my life, but there are ways to cope...and on days where I'm cogent I feel normal and on top of the world.

I still have good days, anon. It's a terrible life but you learn little ways to cope with such an aberration.
>>
Growing up I was terrified of developing schizophrenia. I'm a hypochondriac and my uncle has schizophrenia so I thought throughout childhood it was only a matter of time and after every mental misstep I made I instantly diagnosed myself as schizophrenic.

But after actually talking with my uncle it's pretty clear I don't have schizophrenia. At 16 he brought my dad and their siblings to the front lawn and said "watch this- I can make the car start with my mind." That was how they first recognized something was off
>>
File: 1449763335920.png (374KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1449763335920.png
374KB, 680x383px
A lot of this sounds like what I experiened in acid.
>>
>ITT self-diagnosed bullshit
>>
>>25988318
Okay, so I've always had issues with depression and used to suffer from serious night terrors when I was 14. However, I recently flipped out and was arrested for having a knife while drunk recently. While I was in the cell I kept hearing friends whispering and calling my name from outside the door, and have been seeing friends and family members how weren't there.

Does this sound like schizophrenia or something else? I'm going to the Dr. on monday and plan to tell them about my depression and violent tendencies, but I don't want to mention the hallucinations unless I speak to a therapist I learn to trust. I feel so strange right now. My head feels so light (usually feels heavy when depressed) and I feel like there's no barrier between me and the air. I feel like screaming but I won't.

What's going on?
>>
>>25989070
Fuck off normalfag, the only self diagnosed on here are the psychopaths and narcissists because they think it sounds cool and edgy to be mentally retarded. I know this is hard for you to comprehend, but the majority of this board's users at one time had AT LEAST a diagnose of autism or depression, and diagnosis of schizophrenia or psychosis were not uncommon. People on here used to talk about that stuff all the time before it filled up with you unempathetic assholes.
>>
>>25989039
What's funny about that is I used to take acid after I received the diagnosis. Weird thing about acid is that I always felt strangely normal on it, like I could separate the disease from reality easier and process it easier. Hallucinogenics actually make things easier for me.

Imagine it's like seeing the world through two separate sets of eyes, where I could more easily identify true reality and separate it from the other set which identifies my illness. It was a strange reaction, but I've been told by another schizophrenic they felt the same way. I've never gotten lost in my delusions while on acid and I felt strangely comforted.

Still, welcome to the world of psychosis, even a temporary stay will give you at least a small taste of what it's like.
>>
>>25989073
Depression can rarely cause a psychotic reaction. It's not unheard of, but it doesn't immediately mean that you have schizophrenia.

>>25989070
I wish it was self diagnosed. But I'm certified and I'm getting the neetbux.
>>
>>25989073
Just remember, once you have been diagnosed as mentally ill, your human card with all its rights and perks is immediately revoked. On the plus side you can always apply for the disability payments.
>>
>>25988318
>madly in love with schizo boy
>can hear him talking to himself sometimes
>can't help but wonder what's going on in his head
>he's enigma
>tfw just want to hug him and help him
>but never will
>>
>>25989173
Except you made that post to make schizos feel bad.

Poor troll/10.
>>
>>25989131
Are there conditions that cause psychosis that aren't as bad as schizophrenia? I just feel really freaked out, and I sort of want to know a bit more about what could be going on before tomorrow. I have to go into college tomorrow even after seeing the doctor.
>>25989155
I've only just left the NEET life behind so I'd rather not. I live in Britain so what can I even lose out on beyond the right to own a double barrel shotgun after bolting a safe to the wall and paying a licence fee, only to as a result forfeit my right to be searched only with a warrant? Is there really that much to lose? What has happened to you since being diagnosed?

That's also why, like I said, I'm not going to mention hallucinations straight away. Just my homicidal ideation (but I don't plan on doing it to anyone and am of course confident I won't act on my fantasies) and that I'm very stressed and feel "strange".
>>25989173
Please fuck off
>>
>>25989173
I've always been afraid of getting into relationships for fear of how the other person will react if I ever have a psychotic break.

I'm the type that locks the door, stops answering his phone, and tries his best not to be a burden when experiencing the joys of pants-on-head crazy batshit.
>>
>>25989173
Just fuck off, all right?
>>
Schizobros.

What meds are you on?
>>
my uncle is a schizo. He's spaced out on meds to the point he will forget the topic of conversation mid sentence but he also suffers with alcoholism so that's probably something to do with it.

He's like 50 and has dealt with it since being 21, his mother and father died but often he talks about he still hears their voices.

I get nervous visiting him as I'm not sure what he's capable of, he lives with his brother who is also an alcoholic.

They are pretty weak people, luckily I inherited more of my mums traits and not my dads (who was also an alcoholic, surprise surprise)
>>
>>25989198
>What has happened to you since being diagnosed?
Spent 2 months in a psych ward. All it takes is one little psychiatrist to tick a form and you'll be stuck eating hospital food for months.
>>
>>25989498

Usually when I hear that story its because somebody called the cops. You spent months locked up just for something you said to a therapist?
>>
>>25989198
>Are there conditions that cause psychosis that aren't as bad as schizophrenia?

Yes. Plenty. Psychosis is not only related to depression but also to bi-polar disorder. That doesn't make it any less terrible though. It just means you don't have schizophrenia.
>>
>>25989498
th-that doesn't sound like it would help at all

I'm not deluded, as far as I can tell I'm perfectly capable of distinguishing reality from unreality. But I have been seeing and hearing things, for the first time in several years. I'm quite worried now. What exactly made her send you there? I think, for me, if I had to go to hospital, I would kill myself as soon as I was let out. That or run away and try and find work in some other country. I couldn't handle the shame, and being held somewhere against my will would likely make me very stressed.
>>
>>25989526
I went to a hospital and a police station when I went off my meds. They forced me to have a psych exam and then I was under the mental health act. 2 months in a ward.
>>25989534
Go to a private psychiatrist if you can. If not and it's urgent then go to the hospital. But at a hospital they can put you in a ward/unit for psychiatric conditions. They will ask you if you have thoughts of suicide or hurting others, be prepared to answer that question.
>>
>>25989627
I think about hurting others but it's more of a fantasy than anything else, I have no intentions of doing it and don't feel compelled by some otherly force. It's like almost a naughty thought, like something you'd like to do but know you won't, like squeezing a pretty girl's ass or something. Make sense?
>>
>>25989198
As your a britbong although being a Schizo will suck, at least you will have disability benefits.

just make sure you don't become a shut in
>>
>>25989718
I think you have to not be in full time work or education to get disability benefits anyways
>>
>>25989662
Psychiatrists have this black and white view when it comes to those 2 questions. If you give them any answer except "no" then it will become serious business.
>>
>>25989762
Well I'll say no if I get the chance again but I already told a Dr. when I was arrested that I wanted to stab people in the throat and drink their blood. But he let me go, so maybe it's different in the UK? I think here perhaps they put more value on intent than desire.
>>
>>25988483

My mom is Scizophrenia and my dad has autism, both disorders mutated and made me a superhuman essentially speaking. I also have a 140 IQ.
I threw away any limits regular science had placed on the human mind since im by everyone's terms, "a retard", And did some self discoveries on my own. I developed telepathy, premonitions, healing abilities, future forsight, night vision. I can pick up on sounds more accutely then others, my eyesight can see further in range the most, I never get sick, and also have a low sensitivity to pain. I had a few heart attacks in the past in attempts to commit suicide, and I ended up sleeping them off each time without ever going to the hospital.
But at a cost of my mutation the only downside is that bright colors seem pale to me and dark colors seem brighter.
>>
>>25989468
Not schizo just lurking, but my dad takes aripiprazole or something similarly named
>>
>>25989894

Mind the typos.
>>
>>25989894
Your time is limited humanling, we grow weary of your dabbling in our realm
*unsheathes 4th dimensional katana*
>>
Do you guys who have relapses actually take your meds regularly? Also, did you take a long time between full blown psychosis and getting treatment?

I'm asking because I started taking meds immediately after having obvious paranoia, hallucinations and delusions (I did have these symptoms for years beforehand, but on a far less perceptible way) and haven't had any symptoms at all since then.
>>
>>25989968

But alas young fool! But have you ever met a being thats been through all 12 dimensions? Your 4th dimensional katana is a butterknife compared to my 8th dimensional gunblade that was forged by the tears of a seraphim
>>
>>25989894
ok there autismo
>>
>>25990055

I'm probably more succesful then you'll ever be you tripfagtron
>>
>>25990088
>tripfagtron

stay in school kids
>>
>>25990151

Okay I'll bite, the only person with autism is you. You couldn't pick up on the condescending manner of my insult since your a fucking dweeb tripfaggot that is socially and mentally incapable of finding a community in real life since you lack the balls as a man to actually go out and make some real friends. So you create a tripfag on a Vietnamese image board and talk to other socially inept loser tripfaggot on skype since you all found a commune in swallowing each others self deprication. And you are a fagtron because your a loser that spends most of his time in front of screen like a soulless human being talking to other soulless cretins to afraid to get a life in the real world. So yeah, you are a fucking fagtron and the world would be a much happier place if you just killed yourself already
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.