[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate Nirvana, /r9k/? Kurt Cobain was literally a robot.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

File: kurt_cobain_1992.jpg (15KB, 160x231px) Image search: [Google]
kurt_cobain_1992.jpg
15KB, 160x231px
Why do you hate Nirvana, /r9k/? Kurt Cobain was literally a robot.
>Grew up a social outcast
>Was bullied in school
>Had a stepbrother named Chad, who he bullied
>Stayed in his basement away from everyone
>Did drugs
>Drank heavily
>Purposely played his less popular songs at concerts to piss off the fucking normies
>Became less happy when he was married
>His wife pushed him to attempt suicide
>Eventually became an hero
>>
>>25981754
Who said I hate Nirvana?
>>
>>25981754
>eventually became an hero
COURTNEY LOVE KILLED HIM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25981754
Who on 4chan hates Nirvana? Except maybe /pol/.
>>
I wish 4chan was still elitist. I remember when mainstream shit got frowned upon. Now it feels like reddit.
>>
>>25981797
a few people on /mu/
>>
>>25981818
You can be both mainstream and still "cool". Kurt Cobain was both.
>>
File: tumblr_m8a930cY6M1qg7xwvo1_500.jpg (24KB, 461x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8a930cY6M1qg7xwvo1_500.jpg
24KB, 461x640px
>>25981754
>Drank heavily

Actually, Kurt almost never drank. His father was an alcoholic and he grew up with a lot of alcoholics around, so he always stayed away from it.

Kids here hate Nirvana because Kurt was very good at something (music) and your typical 9fag isn't good at anything except feeling sorry for himself.
>>
File: 88.jpg (32KB, 405x291px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
32KB, 405x291px
>>25981754

Umm, that pathetic faggot was a retarded drugged up heroin addict attention seeking whore who paraded around and claimed he was going to kill himself more than once.

He can rot in hell.
>>
>>25981837
It doesn't matter. If it's mainstream you should shit regardless if you like it or not.
Besides Nirvana is just obsolete garbage.
>>
>>25981880
How the fuck can music be obsolete?
>>
File: 6546.png (704KB, 1106x951px) Image search: [Google]
6546.png
704KB, 1106x951px
>>25981880
His lyrics were utter garbage and pure filth, i was just listening to his live recordings as well. Guy was a complete mess and sounded like absolute shit.
>>
>>25981851
>Umm
Reddit
>le kurt deserved it meme that's popular on r/music
Double reddit
>>
>>25981961
>Liking some attention whoring drugged up heroin addict who's songs were garbage

Back to Tumblr you go.
>>
>>25981948
This.
Compare the lyrics to something from Metallica and you'll see a huge difference. Even Fall Out Boy's lyrics shit on his.
>>
File: 1453499899317.jpg (52KB, 399x464px) Image search: [Google]
1453499899317.jpg
52KB, 399x464px
>>25981880
>Music
>Obsolete
What
>>
>>25981935
The only reason to like some faggot whining on a guitar is because you relate to the bullshit he whines about. All that bullshit is irrelevant these days (unless you were born in the wrong generation), the dude is dead and the band doesn't exist. It's a dying style as well. It's just something of the past that should be forgotten.
>>
>>25981847
>Kids here hate Nirvana because Kurt was very good at something (music) and your typical 9fag isn't good at anything except feeling sorry for himself.
lol

also
>tumblr
fuck off
>>
>>25981992
>not sympathizing with a robot regardless of his shit music
Literally tumblr
>>
File: 47402.jpg (65KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
47402.jpg
65KB, 499x499px
BTFO by rolling stones.

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/304863/rolling-stone-names-nirvana-among-the-worst-bands-of-the-90s.htm

http://pastebin.com/Me8a5eF2

>>25982012

Shut up, you kurt druggie loving wigger.
>>
>>25982022
Damn, they're based.

It's a shame that their music is godawful slop.
>>
>>25981994
I don't know if Nirvana or Metallica is worse but I'll shit on every Metallica and Nirvana fan I ever see on the internet.
There was a time I could spend hours trolling Metallica fans, shit was so fun.
>>
>>25982046

.t loser who likes nirvana
>>
>>25982012
I wonder why people keep insisting the arguably biggest Chad in history is a robot.
I guess he IS that charismatic.
>>
I'm sick of faggots shilling this guy on here

fuck off back to leddit
>>
>did drugs
>got married
literally not a robot
>>
>>25982022
Didn't Nirvana and the Stones have beef? I recall Cobain himself a lot knocking the band, mainly because people in the early days of Nirvana bitched that his band didn't sound as good as them.
>>
>>25982079
Wouldn't know, i'm not a faggot that listens or reads about nirvana.
>>
>successful
>drank
>drugs
>married
>white
All of these traits are normie as hell.
>>
>>25982060
Dude do you have no brain or something?
I clearly stated I'll shit on every Nirvana fan. They're garb.
>>
File: 1453087254589.gif (490KB, 167x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453087254589.gif
490KB, 167x250px
>>25982060
>but I'll shit on every Metallica and Nirvana fan I ever see on the internet
>loser who likes Nirvana

You aren't too smart are you anon?
>>
>>25981754
>Had fame, fortune, and all the pussy in the world
>Still complained life was shit for some reason
>Fell for le suicide meme

He's a literal retard, the majority of robots would just ride the success wave and live happily.
inb4 edgy memelords saying no I would die too kek.
>>
>>25982117
robots are just a subsection of normies
>>
>>25982117
Im no rockstar, but my parents are rich, and they bought me a nice house and im 6'4 and pretty good looking, but im still miserable

Fuck off if you think I can't be sad too, you stupid manlet
>>
This Nirvana is bad meme needs to die. They're extremely overrated and appeal to angsty teenagers but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the music.
>>
>>25982155
Literally GTFO. What you think is sadness is what we've felt on a daily basis since we were born. What you're saying is like saying "my fridge is packed but I can be hungry too, you know" to a homeless who hasn't eaten in three days.
>>
He was a retarded faggot leftist who made shit music that only plebs like, thankfully he killed himself. Melvins, Scratch Acid, Pixes, pretty much any other band of the age was better.
>>
>>25982220
This

Kurt's taste in music was actually better than the actual music he made
>>
>>25982155
Send me money or fuck off. We're not saying you can't be sad just that you'll never know the struggle of growing up poorfag in a financially unstable family worrying every night about moving into a new shitty project + being a socially anxious manlet ugly robot constantly switching schools as a kid
>>
>>25981754
Nirvana is pretty shit, but at least it's not power metal.
>>
>>25982220
It was a pretty shitty age for music, though, seeing all those bands suck.
>>
Anyone who spraypaints "God is Gay" on a church is the biggest attention whoring faggot in the world no exceptions
Like everyone who gets "addicted" to heroin is looking for attention and want to look deep and heartbreakingly tragic when the reality is they're just whiny little babies
>>
>>25982267
What was the best age?

No classical or baroque.
>>
>>25982218
fuck off cunt I have like 2 tons more sadness than you stupid moron
>>
>>25982267
Do they suck because you don't like them or because they were uninspiring / uneventful / objectively noise?
>>
>>25982096
kek at butthurt niggers insisting that white is a normie trait
>>
>>25982267
this

At least it's not Led Zeppelin, or something
>>
>>25982287
Oh OK so you're just baiting
>>
>>25982296
>objectively noise
So like all music?
>>
>>25981754
>was literally a robot
>had a bunch of friends and success and love interests and experiences
>>
>>25982329
As in the Noise genre, no rhythm
>>
>>25982284
I don't know enough about music to know what was the best age. There's overrated shit and hidden gems in every time period, I'd say it's the current but that's only because it's the one I know more about.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 732x964px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 732x964px
this is a true robot
>>
>>25982296
You don't get it, do you?
They suck because other people like it.
>>
File: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png (313KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png
313KB, 1920x2560px
>>25982353
>Melvins
>Pixies
>Noise genre
>>
>>25982353
Different guy I'm a wall noise fan and they all sound nothing like noise

they even have melodies and yes, even rhythm. then again, even wall noise can have some rhythm
>>
File: 1217392034699.jpg (15KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
1217392034699.jpg
15KB, 200x225px
>His wife pushed him to attempt suicide
>His wife
>wife
>WIFE
>W I F E

COBAIN WAS NOT A FUCKING ROBOT.

FOR THE LAST GODDAMNED TIME YOU NORMIES, BEING A ROBOT ISN'T ALL ABOUT SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS

IT'S ABOUT BEING SO GODAWFUL THAT NO ONE, ESPECIALLY NOT WOMEN, EVER GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY. MUCH LESS MARRY YOU. COBAIN WAS A SUCCESSFUL NORMIE JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING STAR
>>
>>25982022
Kek more like """"BTFO"""" by random readers of Rolling Stone magazine, fuck off
>>
I like Nirvana, and I agree that Cobain was fucked up and more beta than you would ever expect a rock star of his stature to be. His family were white trash, he had mental issues, was a drop-out, tried to rape a fat retarded girl, was bullied in school and called "retard fucker" until he dropped out, was suicidal for most of his life, was a small pale emaciated skeleton, wore multiple layers of clothes because he was insecure over how scrawny he was, was so shy he could barely make it through interviews without putting his head down and closing his eyes, etc etc etc.

But, even so, he was rich, successful, talented, and is adored by millions all over the world, especially girls. Not that the poor guy really enjoyed any of that.

So, pretty robot in some ways, not so much in other ways.
>>
>>25982407
Okay whatever you stupid fucking manlet. Im not a virgin and I can guarantee that I'm more depressed than you, you worthless fuck
>>
>>25982446
You're just a pathetic self-centered normie.
>>
>>25982389
>>25982394
I'm not classifying them as noise, I'm curious as to what that anon classifies as "shitty music"
>>
File: 2014_courtney_IDmag.jpg (91KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
2014_courtney_IDmag.jpg
91KB, 736x960px
i want to snort kurt's ashes out of her vagina
>>
>>25982005

>no one simply likes music because it appeals to them, you have to relate to the lyrics

Given that the majority of his lyrics are abstract and meaningless, your argument is invalid.

You come across as someone who overcompensates for being incredibly stupid by trying to act like an authority.
>>
>>25982446
can guarantee? is this a depression pissing contest? quick everyone, say something about yourself to show how depressed you are!
>>
>>25982618
If shitty guitar riffs and awful singing is something that appeals to you you have a pretty fucking shitty taste.

Most of the music I listen to is instrumental anyways, you just have shitty reading comprehension. And his lyrics are not "abstract". You're a fucking kid if you think that. They're just edgy.
>>
I love Kurt. He is the syringe to my heroin and the angst to my edge.
>>
what kind of drugs do i take to be like this women?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8rveMAQAIA
>>
>>25982680
Nirvana is shit but I hope you seriously didn't imply that people don't like music unless the lyrics can relate to them.

I'm not the anon you were arguing with either.
I just hope your smart enough to realize that there are a multitude of factors why people like music, and lyrics aren't that important really.
>>
>>25982155
People like that have all the reason to be sad since they're hated by the majority of people who arn't rich and good looking. Plus having everything given to you in life deprives it of meanings. Also, I would probably hate myself if I was a normie chad since i'd be so uninteresting and chlichely good looking it would make me sick.
>>
>>25981754
He sounds like me, and I hate myself.
>>
>>25981847
Except he can't play for shit.
>>25982003
Popular music is centuries behind any art music from 200 years previous.
>>25982284
12th-14th century.
>>
>>25982751
What the fuck is wrong with you man? Were you taught how to read? How to comprehend what you read?
I hope you're smart enough to read, but apparently you're not.
>>
>>25982680
i'm not really a huge nirvana fan but they have a few songs that are catchy despite being really simple. never go out of my way to listen to them though. i like to listen to as wide a variety of things as possible.
>>
>>25982825
I read this reply to you anon.>>25982618
That's where I go this assumption
>>
>>25982374
Who is this beautiful specimen?
>>
>>25982818
>12th-14th century.
Holy shit that music is so fucking underdeveloped it's disgusting.
>>
kurt was litteraly impossible to dislike

He didnt get full of himself, he shit on the industry for what it was and didnt play formalities.

He made fun of himself and said he was a bad guitar player and not a great musician.

He has Multiple sclerosis and some form of gi tract disease, possibly chrons, ibs, or diverticulitis. before he got famous and he didnt let it stop him, he only did heroin because it was the only thing that gave him relief.

If you have those disease, you get prescribed an opiate painkiller so the whole junkie thing is for ignorant and jealous people.

He was embarrased by this disease and it made him isolate himself and engage in self destruction, he literally said he was going to kill him self if he could not get it fixed.

The MS made his spine turn around 30 percent to the side causing him chronic pain.

After he had a kid, he got himself clean and got of the biz because he could not stand it for what it was.

Courtney Loves hot bass player fell in love with him and he was planning to divorce courtney, get child custody, and date the new hot girl.

Kurt ends up dead, suicide letter forged, seattle pd muffs the investigation, Courtney takes control of Nirvana and rapes it for every penny she can get, a month or so later, the bass player from Courts band who Kurt was going to date instead ends up dead on an overdose despite being clean for a long time.

All of Kurts real friends call it for what it is and the press spins another story.... The Private investigator who Courtney HIRED to cover her ass and use as a form of creating a false cover story begins to see many holes and lies in Courtneys story and he gradually comes to see her as the main suspect in addition to Courtneys fuck buddy and the enabler who kept feeding Kurt smack previous to all of this.

t he accomplished and he did not let it go to his head despite every body trying to make it so.
>>
>>25982874
Ian Curtis.
Lead singer of Joy Division
>>
>>25982859
>I reply to people based on other replies to their posts and not their posts themselves
>>
Layne was an amazing singer and even better song writer, he is someone who deserved more of the hype that Kurt got... but he hated the fakeness of it all just as much as Kurt did.

Neither person is deserving of the hate, envy, and jealousy people throw at them, but they are dead and they would not have given a fuck about what some anon had to say about them.

Eventually you realize how irrelevant people and their opinions are, you realize people subconciously act and say things for reasons unrelated to the convo at hand.

That is the pointlessness of life, trying to change things, make a difference or even adknowledge that human beings have any worth.
>>
>>25982884
>He made fun of himself and said he was a bad guitar player and not a great musician.
That's just the edgy way of being arrogant.

>lol guys I suck so much right it's not like I'm famous and rich because I'm good or anything
>>
>thinking Cobain was anywhere close to being a normie after seeing this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BjDWSyDZ3A
>>
>>25982987
He fits more into the counterculture art community
>>
>>25982899
I have a question. What exactly defines someone as a robot? I'm sure everyone has their own definition of what a robot is and from what I know it's usually an outcast with some kind of mental illness and has a hard time coping living in society. But Both Kurt and Ian are extremely beautiful and not just because of their appearance. Isn't being a robot suposed to have negative implications to it? If people like these are what robots are then I wouldn't mind being one. I have some of the traits of a robot. Social anxiety, mental illness, etc. but i'm not miserable and do have a small group of friends.
>>
>>25983055
Being a robot is being a sexually frustrated loser, in simple terms. These people were neither sexually frustrated nor losers. Maybe a bit quirky.
>>
File: 20160124_014555.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_014555.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>25981754
>why do you hate Nirvana

but I don't
>>
>>25982818
Fucking kek

Literally more hipster than /mu/

Do you think throat singing is good, too?
>>
>everyone hates nirvana
>I can finally openly like them without being a fag now
Thanks rolling stones
>>
>>25982987
Montage of heck was made by courtney. Buzz osbourne said 90% of it was bullshit, but keep making opinions based off your spoon fed lies. Ignorance is bliss, right?
>>
>>25982220
/thread

He actually hated his own music at one point. If you listen to Kurt's stuff when he was with Fecal Matter you can tell that he lacked structural composition within his music.
>>
>>25983189
>giving a shit about the opinion of a paid magazine.
Seriously, like what you like, and don't give a shit about what the elites tell you to like.
>>
>>25981754
Their some songs like "drain you" are pretty powerful. Nice to listen at late night
>>
>>25982884
>kurt was literally impossible to dislike
i'm not sure but i read somwhere that he could be an intolerable cunt. i guess he was he would be grouchy and take it out on others around him.

also passive aggressive and passive agressive people can be the easiest in the world to hate.

i've never met him just going off what i heard.
>>
>>25982005
Welp that explains why people kill me with stares with i mention sneaker pimps

The meaning has expired. It just sounds interesting at this point.

Now to let the depression settle.
>>
>>25983214
Courtney didn't make Montage and didn't have any editorial control over it. Besides,
1) that is literally Cobain himself narrating that clip
2) Courtney is too fucking stupid to make a movie

I understand Buzz hating Courtney, but he's really not a better authority on Cobain than the man himself, his friends, girlfriend, and family. Buzz says Kurt didn't have a stomach condition, but Kurt's mom said it was something he struggled with since being a teenager, and Tracy (who has no ties to Courtney or agenda) said his stomach was fucked up and he would vomit blood all the time when they were together. There are clips like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07eJAI5YnM where he's talking about being in the hospital for his stomach and you can even see the hospital bracelet right there on his arm.

I know there's no reason to trust anything Courtney says, but this isn't a matter of trusting Courtney.
>>
>>25983055
>>25983101
What it means to be a robot is pretty unclear.
Most people here have their own definition.

I think it means socially impaired or a reject.
I don't think anyone can be a robot if they are good at socializing.
>>
I read the whole thread

you people miss the point. urt didnt just up and decide to commit suicide in like a month or two before. The whole plan from day one was to get famous and then commit suicide. Its why his lyrics and songs are so sad, because its in his genes. All he knew was a suicidal thoughts and thats all he could write about

He thinks he's dumb and so he admitted his lyrics suck sometimes.

But big picture here, his suicide revolves around every single one of his songs and he used that to make better and better music. One of the greatest of all time.
>>
>>25983360
He likely in the hospital trying to get opiates. Stomach problems are a well known side effect of opiate use. Also courtney did make the movie because she had complete editorial rights and it would not have been made without her say so
>>
>>25983443
>One of the greatest of all time
Not even close.
Nirvana is a rip-off of Sonic Youth and the Pixies.

2 infinitely better bands.
>>
>made a small fortune from his music
>adored my millions

robot material
>>
>>25981754
>celebrities
>robots
tep kok
I'm not a fan of Nirvana, but if i have to listen to their music, for example at social gatherings with normans, i don't mind it.
>inb4 normor rooo
23 year old KHV who has some druggie "friends" who love listening to my ramblings about politics and European history while listening to dad rock.
I usually get drunk as fuck and smoke some herbs, push away any high/drunk whore that tries to get in my lap because i find them disgusting.
>>
>>25982170
It's not a meme if it's still popular fucking 20+ years later
>>
>>25982466
No he's not, he's just another 4chan poster, the same as fucking everyone else here, except he knows that you'll react if he pretends he has a happy life, or if he's more normie than people here at least.

Pro-tip, when someone says "I'm X height" as proof they're a normie, they're fucking not. Only insecure retards (myself included) give a shit about height, and they certainly don't use it to define themselves.

Don't bite the bait anon.
>>
>>25981754
Fuxk that full hairline cunt anyone wth a full hairline should die
>>
>>25982374
muh nigga
A change of speed, a change of style.
A change of scene, with no regrets,
A chance to watch, admire the distance,
Still occupied, though you forget.
Different colours, different shades,
Over each mistakes were made.
I took the blame.
Directionless so plain to see,
A loaded gun won't set you free.
So you say.
We'll share a drink and step outside,
An angry voice and one who cried,
'We'll give you everything and more,
The strain's too much, can't take much more.'
I've walked on water, run through fire,
Can't seem to feel it anymore.
It was me, waiting for me,
Hoping for something more,
Me, seeing me this time,
Hoping for something else.
>>
>>25982407
You guys are only that awful because you choose to be sorry not sorry
>>
>Why do you hate Nirvana, /r9k/?
One of the most overrated bands ever. If they were unknown I would never have to hear about them but now they and their shit music gets fucking shoved in everyone's face.
>Kurt Cobain was literally a robot
Wew lad dank meme. He was an enormous normalfag. He was also an sjw cunt and the singing was the worst part of nirvana.
>>
>>25983773
>any high/drunk whore that tries to get in my lap
If this happens to you at parties then you're Chad.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.