[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've quit weed and i'm gettig cravings to smoke something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: stack-of-cigarettes.jpg (68KB, 1000x796px) Image search: [Google]
stack-of-cigarettes.jpg
68KB, 1000x796px
i've quit weed and i'm gettig cravings to smoke something

realistically, what's the danger in smoking tobacco? is it just the way consumer cigarettes are manufactured that's so harmful? could i buy and roll my own tobacco for less harmful effects?
>>
Marijuana smoking is supposedly less harmful than tabbacco. I don't have the research on me to prove it though so take what I say with a grain of salt
>>
All tobacco is terrible for you. Don't start. I regret starting every day, even though I take great pleasure in every cig I smoke.
>>
>>25981649
i'm fully aware of this
>>
>>25981619
>realistically, what's the danger in smoking tobacco?

reduced lung capacity, looking and smelling like shit, premature aging, several forms of cancer, enormous cost, depleted self-esteem, other people judging you for being a retarded faggot who still smokes in [the current year] despite the clear and obvious downsides
>>
File: pipes-tobacco.jpg (114KB, 542x253px) Image search: [Google]
pipes-tobacco.jpg
114KB, 542x253px
>>25981664
This pretty much. But if you have an oral fixation and a desire to smoke I would suggest a pipe.
>>
Tobacco is harmful because the smoke contains carcinogens. Rolling your own wouldn't give you less carcinogens, and there's really no "safe" level of carcinogen exposure.

And tobacco smoke contains no cannabinoids to inhibit tumor formation, unlike marijuana smoke.

Also a lot of tobacco is grown with radioactive fertilizer. Granted, a lot of the other plants we consume are too, but tobacco is one consumed by smoking. So you're inhaling the carcinogenic fumes of a plant grown in carcinogenic fertilizer.

If you really want to "smoke" something I'd suggest vaping ejuice. Not that that's entirely safe either but it's not as bad as smoking.
>>
It's a pretty shitty habit desu.

Smokers keep getting shit on repeatedly with price increases and they're getting less and less places to smoke.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if tobacco became illegal and completely replaced with weed in the next century
>>
>>25981619
The worst parts of tobacco involve how the tobacco is grown ( i.e. Pesticides, growth shit, etc) but you have to smoke a significant amount to really fuck your shit up. I've been smoking a small time now (like six months) and the only thing I've noticed is I have a harder time running.
>>
>>25981700
>cannabinoids to inhibit tumor formation

This is what stoners actually believe
>>
>>25981619
why did you quit weed? if you're trying to get healthy baccy seems like a step backward
>>
>>25981768

>Cannabinoids exert a direct anti-proliferative effect on tumors of different origin. They have been shown to be anti-migratory and anti-invasive and inhibit MMPs which in turn degrade the extra-cellular matrix (ECM), thus affecting metastasis of cancer to the distant organs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4171598/
>>
File: Drug_danger_and_dependence.png (32KB, 722x420px) Image search: [Google]
Drug_danger_and_dependence.png
32KB, 722x420px
>>25981619

Nicotine is a literal hard drug that will get you hooked like cocaine and become a constant expense while fucking your shit up health-wise (respiratory weakness/diseases, much higher risk of cancer, cardiovascular diseases). Smoking it would be just a very-very dumb, shitty decision that would considerably worsen your quality of life. You'll be left with less money and health in the end.
There are other herbs you can smoke, like chamomile, raspberry leaves or lemon balm, which are far less harmful than tobacco (though in the end you still breathe smoke). You could look into those, I also think they cost less than tobacco. You could also just say fuck it, go through the cravings until they eventually stop and spend your money elsewhere. But I get what you mean, smoking anything is fun, I'm also thinking of trying to smoke some other herbs other than weed just for the hell of it (but I'm not considering tobacco, for the reasons above).
>>
>>25981768
W33D CURES CANCER BRO 420 BLAZE ALL DAY =/= "Cannabinoids inhibit tumor formation"

fucking reactionary retard
>>
>>25981687
this. on top of that it also depletes your vitamin and mineral depots.
>>
>weedfag being concerned about health issues
Dude, you're dead anyway
>>
>>25981619
There's a 1/3 chance you'll become addicted to the point of buying and smoking multiple packs a day
>>
>>25981619
Nicotine is incredibly addictive ya dipshit. I should know, pack a day for a decade here.
>>
>>25981619
Yuck, stick to weed trust in me
>>
Cigs aren't even all tobacco, it's 90% filler.

Smoke a cigar or pipe or suck a dick if you want something in your mouth.
>>
The harmful effects of cigarettes are probably the only thing the media have actually covered well and fairly truthfully.

Every bad effect you've heard about is true.

There is no reason to start. There's no benefit, apart from the relaxation from satisfying a craving that you created by smoking in the first place.
>>
>>25981619
Just smoke weed...

Cigs make me light headed and sick

Pot makes me happy
>>
I smoke 3 cigs a day.
Am I going to get cancer?
>>
>>25982868
This if you can't afford weed just get growing

If you get piss tested just quick for a few weeks and use a detox
>>
>>25984661
Depends on genetics
A Native American guy I smoked with once told me, while smoking, "lung cancer is the white mans disease"
>>
As someone who doesn't smoke and is against drugs I say that u better stick to weed, since it does less harm than tabacco(if weed does any harm at all)
>>
>>25984705

Because he's a credible source.
>>
>>25984661
Each one takes 5 mins off your life.
>>
>>25984741
It's a good thing I want to die
>>
>>25984599
You are entirely correct, however the cravings distract you from real problems such that relieving them gives you a moment of contentious you might not otherwise feel in your life. You know how when you need a shit or piss for ages, you finally get there, unzip your trousers and experience a moment of divine tranquillity, away from all the problems of the universe? Smoking can be sort of like that. If I had the option to live without the need to shit and piss, I'd probably decline.
>>
>>25984757
Better start smoking 2 packs a day then bro. You'll feel great and die faster.
>>
>>25984721
It's pretty true if you think about all the additives in cigarettes and American cultures obsession with quantity over quality
>>
It will fuck your shit up stay far far away OP. I've been struggling with a nicotine habit for nine years. I've been spitting blood for four weeks now. Don't even have one
>>
>>25981619
I personally wouldnt do it, there are tons of carcinogens in them.
>>
eh i smoke. i don't plan on forever but like a casual cigarette isn't going to hurt you but can very easily get you addicted to the point you're smoking couple packs a week (happens real quick too). i mean nicotine is like top 10 most addicting drugs in the world so you smoke a few next thing you know you're buying some, then you're buying them as soon as you run out. it's definitely a snowball just like any other highly addicting drug.

as for the cancer yes your chances of cancer and other health problems are definitely elevated but genetics is at play too. i know people who've smoked an absurd amount of cigarettes in their lifetime and in their 70's still smoking an absurd amount. of course they're outliers. also realize my aunt was a very healthy person and died of leukemia never smoked, ate healthy, etc. steve jobs is another person that died of cancer despite being a total health nut. health a lot of time is a toss up and sometimes just unlucky chance. now even people who eat a lot of meat are more likely to get cancer, people who drink a lot of green tea can damage their livers, etc.
>>
As duechey as it sounds just get a vape. Three vapor isn't as satisfying as weed smoke but it can taste good and if you buy one of the higher end ones, you can get pretty good clouds
>>
>>25984834
have you gone to the doctor on that? not to freak you out but if you're spitting up blood that's usually from your lungs.
>>
>>25984874

No. It's part of being a smoker. Happens pretty regularly. Few times a year for m

Also dehydration and tonsiliths
>>
>>25984762

I can totally understand that, but I think there's probably a better way to deal with those real problems than momentarily distracting yourself.

I'd rather be stressed for an hour or so every couple of days than live with serious health implications down the line.
>>
>>25984889
okay then it's your tonsils and or gums. i guess i should say if you're coughing up blood that's when it's kinda a serious issue spitting it up is entirely different i suppose.
>>
File: 1448371185410.jpg (429KB, 1262x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1448371185410.jpg
429KB, 1262x1800px
I really can't get addicted to cigarettes
My OCD stops me from buying them and other addicting shit
>>
>>25984856

> steve jobs is another person that died of cancer despite being a total health nut.

I believe a big part of that was he was doing some sort of new-age treatment bullshit instead of actually getting treatment from real doctors.

I can respect your choice to smoke, but don't try to bullshit with 'you could get cancer anyway / you might not get cancer' etc.

Smoking increases the chance of lung cancer significantly. Luck and genetics play a major role, but smoking increases your CHANCES of getting it, or other bad diseases.

Again, smoke all you want, just don't try and tell yourself that everything is genetic or dangerous in some form. You're increasing your RISK significantly.
>>
>>25984941
he still got cancer was my point. he literally ate fruit, vegetables, exercised, did pretty much everything a oncologist would suggest you do if you want to significantly lower your chances of getting cancer and he still got it. that'sthe point i'm making sometimes it can be doggish luck, but you can do things like not smoke, eat healthy and decrease of course but that doesn't mean you absolutely won't get it and smoking doesn't mean you absolutely will get it.
>>
>>25981691
This. It's a mouth fedora like vaping though (unless you're 60+), so enjoy it in private.
>>
>>25981768
No, it's true, it's just not an amount meaningful enough to deter tumor formation in people that smoke enough to be labeled as "stoners".
>>
>>25984941
also ask medical researchers why they believe 2/3 cases of cancer aren't environmentally caused?

most people think you get cancer because you smoked, or because you were exposed to toxins, etc but they don't realize it's litreally a natural occurring thing. your cells get damaged and replicate causing damage and failure of an organ (which is usually when people die) yes carcinogens can damage cells but them replicating could have a genetic component to it.
>>
>>25985061
I really don't understand why that's a motivator for people to stop smoking, when there are more present and noticeable effects from heavy smoking that impair your stamina, breath, saliva, and can lead to severe lung problems not related to cancer.
>>
>>25985134
because you cancer is like the one thing everyone is afraid of, it's the the one thing that is hard af to survive if you're middle aged, it's the one word that you absolutely don't want to hear when you go for a medical checkup.

the things you listed aren't as scary and can easily go away the moment you quti smoking.
>>
File: 1446909175370.png (350KB, 665x499px) Image search: [Google]
1446909175370.png
350KB, 665x499px
>>25985157
Why are normies so afraid of dying?
>>
File: 1433121854016.jpg (94KB, 631x529px) Image search: [Google]
1433121854016.jpg
94KB, 631x529px
>>25985002
>mouth Fedora

the fact that this was not original made me laugh even harder
>>
If you don't smoke you are less of a man.
>>
>>25981619

Yeah it might be unhealthy if you smoke too much, but at least it isn't degenerate like weed

I have the odd cigar some weekends, it's not that bad.
>>
>>25985157
COPD. Its chronical bronchitis. Once you have it theres no turning back. Your lungs produce as much slime as when you have a cold. Its just permanent. Heavy coughing. Like really heavy. I hear them in the hospital from afar. Besides cancer and cardiovascular problems (heartattack, smoker leg etc.)its the biggest issue for me. Im smoking for 5 years now. I guess ill stop this year for good.
>>
smoking is horrible for your body, but excellent for your mind.
if you're against relieving stress, then your life is too easy and you need to be beaten physically.
also, reminder, the oldest caucasian woman to ever live was a smoker.
a chance isn't a guarantee.

it's probably hard to date as a smoker when you're young. young people are still naive and believe they have shit to live for and they really really were disturbed by the smoking education because it's babbies first glimpse at anything shocking.
>>
>>25981619
Its worse than weed lmao
>>
>>25985061
Yes. Replicate failures are normal. Until youre old you have a mechanism that reads your DNA and deletes the failures. But that mechanism will get weaker until you have cancer. Thats why old people have more pimples, scars and stuff. Smoking disturbes that mechanism in your lungs cells. Thats why youll get lung cancer.

You could say we live too long. Thats why we die of cancer or heart problems. We get amnesia and worse.
>>
File: Kamala-2304591.jpg (39KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Kamala-2304591.jpg
39KB, 500x381px
Smoke and you'll be cool like this guy.
>>
>>25981619
The basics are : rolling are better for you, if you're gonna buy pre-fabricated and still are watching for your health, buy American Spirit. They have "organic" tobacco or something, I think.
Oh, and try not to reach the point where you smoke a pack a day, that's when shit starts to get bad for you.
>>
>quits weed
>wants to start smoking cigs

You backwards cunt.

DO NOT start smoking. I smoked for years and I still remember when I started and told myself ''I'll only smoke now and then, I won't get addicted''

Saw a family member die of lung cancer and it is fucking horrible. She had barely any ill symptoms and felt fine. Found out she had lung cancer and 3 weeks later she was dead. Deteriorated so, so fast.
>>
File: 1282882656479.jpg (14KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1282882656479.jpg
14KB, 184x184px
>>25981619
>mfw stoners believe nicotine is an addictive and weed isn't
>mfw stoners believe inhaling a burning herb called tobacco is worse than inhaling a burning herb called cannabis and the later doesn't fuck up your lungs because it's LE WEED LMAO DUDE
I really, really want normalfucks to leave this board. You can't be a robot and smoke weed.
>>
>>25987714

this. If people were at least against both weed and tobacco it would be fine.

Weed is a pure normie substance, tobacco it bad sure, but it's robotic.
>>
>>25981619
If you want to get addicted to something but don't want as many drawbacks as tobacco has, than vaping may be your best bet.
>>
>>25984870
Seconding this, it's how I quit weed and cigarettes. Only use extra low or no nicotine tho
>>
spend some money and buy a vape

for less than $100 you can get everything you need to last you a year.
>>
File: 1447250748760.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447250748760.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>25981649
yes because you smoke cigarettes more than you smoke weed
>>
Probably going to get shit on for this, but smoking made my life better.

It's totally a crutch, but I lost a lot of weight from smoking and I look great now. In addition it gives you something to focus on during conversation that allows you to seem more aloof/detached which makes people interested in you.
Since starting to smoke I have more friends and have had more sex than ever before in my life.

A lot of people are also saying young people don't smoke, which is just not true. My experience is that most of the alternative crowds, hipsters, urban outfitter shoppers, all have sustained habits. Seriously go to a liberal arts campus sometime and kids are just sucking down cigs.
>>
>>25982035

Oops! Junior's linked me to an article citing dozens of double blind studies where hamsters and mice are injected with carefully callibrated ratios of phytocannabinoids and carcinogens derived from varios strains of hemp. Oh wait...

>>25982609

Yeah. And your point is?

>>25985020

Right, so it's a dangerous assumption then is it not? Ciggers with a natural cancer prevention tendency will get by fine but stoners with none will get cancer.

So where's the argument again?
>>
File: 1280px-Snuff_Shooting_Device.jpg (264KB, 1280x991px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Snuff_Shooting_Device.jpg
264KB, 1280x991px
You fags realize cigarettes aren't the only way to use tobacco right?

Nasal snuff (pic related) is significantly safer and far cheaper. One tin of nasal snuff costs 20 bucks and even if you take 40 sniffs a day it'll last you an entire month
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453166659866.jpg (13KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453166659866.jpg
13KB, 502x502px
>La wanky weeede isn't addictive wonky meme maymay

Fucking kek
>>
>started smoking in college
>keep it light, only smoked about 4 cigs a day at my worst
>last month my fucking lung spontaneously collapsed
>probably had nothing to do with smoking whatsoever
>smoking is an extreme risk factor for a recurrence though so I have to stop

why

I sort of feel good that I haven't had a cigarette in 39 days now but I wasn't ready to quit
>>
I just managed to drop cigs by buying an expensive ass vape since all the cheap vapes don't do shit for me.

If you haven't started smoking, please don't be a dipshit and start
>>
Tobacco with or without additives is going to be dangerous anon.
I smoke american spirits and while they're additive free, I've still noticed health generally taking a downturn.
There's nothing wrong with a cigarette once in a while but 3 or 5 a day is how you get cancer.
>>
File: gudang-garam-kretek-12.jpg (10KB, 162x259px) Image search: [Google]
gudang-garam-kretek-12.jpg
10KB, 162x259px
>>25981619
smoke weed in a vaporizer
or smoke cigarettes if you want
just don't smoke kretek cigarettes, that shit is dangerous
>pic related, cancer stick
>>
>>25988696

I've heard chewing tobacco causes mouth cancer, so what's the assurance that sniffing tobacco won't cause nasal cancer?

>>25988974

>they're additive free

What if there's certain types of additives they are not required to list as additives? American Spirits is owned by RJ Reynolds.
>>
>>25989011
I used to smoke this shit when I first started smoking and I liked the smell. Holy fuck my lymph nodes would hurt though. I could feel the cancer piling up
>>
>>25989221
that shit is 3x higher in nicotine and tar than the strongest cigarettes
It has the presence of Eugenol too
>>
>>25981619
Just ride out the craving to blow a cloud for a week. You'll thank yourself later. Also, if it's gets bad go for a quick jog until you're really winded. You WILL NOT want to smoke, usually for the the rest of that day.
>>
Does vaping help avoid the premature aging part of smoking? How about vaping weed concentrates?
>>
>>25982387
>tfw you've only done drugs at and below moderate/low
Told you guys I'm healthy.
>>
Just get a fucking hobby you weak-willed waste of space. Christ, you quit weed (why? Was it 2hardcore4u or something? Weed doesn't even develop a chemical dependence you addictive-personality fool.) and looked high and low for one of the worst things to get hooked on next?
Every time you crave weed, go lifting, go for a run, ride a bike, read a book, talk to a pretty girl--do something else. Soon you'll forget about weed and, if you don't, at least you'll be doing something good instead.
>>
>>25981619
I personally smoked consistently for about 6 months and never got addicted. Honestly they're pretty great, perhaps even better than weed. But I still think it's a pretty disgusting habit, which is why I stopped.
>Made me feel like I hadn't taken a shower in weeks type of dirty.
>>
File: bulls-vs-bears.jpg (15KB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
bulls-vs-bears.jpg
15KB, 400x259px
You might think it's kind of douchey, but I'd suggest vaping. It shares a lot of similar properties with smoking but it's about 95% better for you and cheaper.
>>
I only smoke cigarettes but on and off I rarely get cravings I can go for months not having one. For me it's the best thing ever you get this really pleasurable head buzz and your worries seem to drift away for a bit and your stress levels go down. Fuck weed it makes me EXTREMELY paranoid, most terrifying thing I've ever experienced, also makes me want to throw up. I can barely move when high out of pure fear. Tobacco all the way!
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.