[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone /cycling/ here? >go out riding on a sunny day >away

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 192607-specialized-logo.png (10KB, 344x612px) Image search: [Google]
192607-specialized-logo.png
10KB, 344x612px
Anyone /cycling/ here?

>go out riding on a sunny day
>away from everything and everyone
>ride for many hours on your own
>you set the rules, pace, route
>arrive home

It actually gives good feeling of achievement to be frank with you my kin. This is a sport that doesn't require any mates to join or share space with. Eventually you may find some other folk on bikes, but you can either ignore them or join to partner. What other sport can compete with cycling from a robot point of view?
>>
I have a low end road bike that i don't use enough. A job where i can ride my bike would be great.
>>
>>25967962
I love cycling. Once I got my first road bike I knew cycling was awesome. Road bikes are so fast and fun. But I live in a border state and there are so many crackheads here riding their dirty mountain bikes in the road. They try to stop and talk to you.
>>
>>25968011
Do you mean commuting to your workplace? It isn't fun because you end up sweaty and tired getting there. Of course if you push yourself during the commute. Why not do this after work?
>>
>>25968171
No, I mean a job where I use a bike. Like pizza delivery or general courier shit. I already ride my bike to work everyday (about 4 miles, it's not too bad)
>>
>>25967962
I ride in to work (and back of course). It energizes me in the morning, but it also makes me exhausted at around noon.
>>
>>25968212
I also do that, but that kind of riding, though cool and fast around the city, is not comparable to actual riding in athletic manner. I imagine that job requiring riding a bike a lot would make me hate it.
>>
>>25968290
Definitely a good way to stay in shape, though. Especially during the summer in texas.
>>
File: IMG_20160103_112649200.jpg (866KB, 1933x1606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_112649200.jpg
866KB, 1933x1606px
I ride every day, almost. I like that I can just walk out of my place and get on my bike and I'm free. Sometimes I like to ride long and not so fast. Sometimes I like to ride at rush hour dodging pissed off wagecucks who are jealous of my freedom. Sometimes I ride in the middle of the night hoping I'll get hit by a drunk driver and everything will be over.
>>
I have a specialized hard rock, I haven't ridden in a long time, its just hanging by a hook in the garage
>>
>>25967962
Cycling is legit

I have a Trek 7.3 FX and I love it

The feeling of soaring down a small slope with the world d on your face is like no other. It connects you to your childhood self, who viewed the world as one giant magical roller coaster ride
>>
File: 1436342935182.jpg (901KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1436342935182.jpg
901KB, 2048x1366px
>>25967962
Not a robot but I come here sometimes to chuckle.
Started riding about a year and a half ago to get to work, school, ect.and I figured out its pretty fun.
Slowly began learning g more and more.
Built bikes for my homies so they could ride too.
Started going group rides after just commuting got a little boring and met some pretty chill hipsters.

>>25968011
Its tough to find a job like that unless you know people. The only people I see around here doing shut like that are sandwich delivery guys.
>>25968069
Same here familia
Having a bright bike dosnt help my situation
>>25968270
Thus guy knows what's up.
Favorite part of going home is riding on the bike trails and watching the sun set
>>25968402
With you on everything except the last part. Been hit a couple times and I was more pissed about my bike than me not dying

Also resident /n/igger bored at work so if you guys have any bike related questions I'll be here for a while
>>
>>25968402
I want winter to stop so I can get back to my 12 hours sunday rides. I also like the freedom in choosing of my route, finding peace on a road in the middle of nowhere with zero traffic, crossing villages that still look like from 200 years back in time. I want to feel summer in my lungs again.
>>
>>25967962
>What other sport can compete with cycling from a robot point of view?
Running. When you feel like a piece of shit, go for a run. You punish yourself and then end up feeling better about yourself.
>>
>>25968532
Both of disciplines allow this equally. Of course they have their own pros and cons, but I chose cycling due to better efficiency in power to distance travelled
>>
>>25968506
Don't let the winter stop you. Dress well and ride. This year I got some things called Bar Mitts to protect my hands better from wind and rain and snow. One of the best upgrades I've done in a while.
>>
When I get a bike rack this spring I'll be able to take my bike to town and local trails. So that will be nice, I've wanted to get into riding bikes for a while now.
>>
>>25968506
>crossing villages that still look like from 200 years back in time.
>tfw no cool villages like that near me except for a tacky "historical village" 3 hours away by car
I hate living on the east coast. The west coast doesn't have old villages either but there's temperate rainforests which are beautiful and at least the whole place isn't a developed shithole. I don't even live in a city and its a developed shithole around here.
>>
>>25968599
I did what I could family, but here in slav area winters get too cold. everything below -10 degrees celcius is pure pain to be frank, both on the face and in the lungs, body not so much.
>>
>>25968641
central europe has some beautiful scenery and I must admit that it's a thing I'm glad for. I can ride in any direction from my home town and always find beautiful places if i plan to pause for a bit.
>>
Cycle 12 km a day senpai, most robotic sport there is.
Are these fingerless gloves autistic? I think I can pass it off as I cycle daily...
http://shop.mycruisecontrolstore.com/new/product_info.php?products_id=1273&osCsid=h1n7i745o1ed251sc5mfodcus3
>>
>>25968831
You should be fine, man
>>
>>25968831
I wouldn't want these. Hard protection is useless, probably uncomfortable too, and they lack insertions on surface that is touching the handlebar
>>
>>25968901
I am a literal autist, and they look cool so I might consider it. Are they a decent price?
>>
>>25968831
Here's what you need for full autist style points.
>>
File: bikes.jpg (117KB, 1266x451px) Image search: [Google]
bikes.jpg
117KB, 1266x451px
>>25968494
Great looking stuff family, very classy. I like my bikes more useful though. Recently upgraded to a 2012 bike, but it's still slavpoor level. I wish i was rich 2bh. Pic related
>>
File: tmp_2628-DSC_0195-718223300.jpg (1MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2628-DSC_0195-718223300.jpg
1MB, 3920x2204px
>>25967962
>wake up at 4am in the weekends
>prepare an enormous amount of food
>go on a ride to nearby heather fields or forests or just cycle parallel to a river for a couple of hours
>have a delicious second breakfast and watch the sun rise
>read a book or just stare at the sun-glistening morning dew for some time
>get back at 9am when the rest of the world is just starting to wake up
It's even better in the winter desu, unless it's snowing of course.
>>
>>25968494
how do I get in 2 fixies? are they cheaper than road bikes or nah?
>>
>>25970095
Not him, but i guess entry level used examples should be cheaper due to simplicity. When it comes to high quality models though, you can spend a lot of wonga, only with your imagination as a limit.
>>
>>25967962
Don't we have a board for this? /n/
>>
>>25970386
Idk. I wanted to talk about this here, with people on this board. Some of the posters feel the same as me about cycling. I think that it would be great for a lot of both neets and wagies here to do some kilometres as a way of getting away from their everyday routine.
>>
>>25969454
Invest in a nice wheelset, anon!
>>
File: this is a picture of a bicycle.jpg (561KB, 1197x881px) Image search: [Google]
this is a picture of a bicycle.jpg
561KB, 1197x881px
Posting baiku in bike thread.
Cycling is a great robot sport, nothing really feels better than cycling the feels away.
Gives me something I might be able to consider a hobby. Plus it's fun as fuck, and also pretty cheap. If you're already mechanically inclined, you'll also probably enjoy wrenching on your bike, upgrading, building, and repairing.
I also don't have a car and use my bikes or a bus pass for all of my transportation needs. It's because of this that I can eat essentially whatever I want, and I still remain pretty thin and reasonably /fit/.
>>
>>25967962
I prefer mountain biking anon
>out in nature
>climbing exhausting but good for fitness/health
>bombing down best fun ever
>jumps, berms, rock gardens
>sometimes meet people, talk about bikes
>don't spaghetti because topic of common interest
Pic related, my single track bike.

I have a road bike and shitty pub bike as well. Road bike is pretty cool, can cover some serious distance but is kinda boring. Pub bike I just for just riding around generally, it's a single speed and made to look like shit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.