[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any zit medicine work?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1ib3i12ub312381321.jpg (40KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1ib3i12ub312381321.jpg
40KB, 499x499px
who here /zitfaced/?
everyone says >proactive< works sometimes, while for me it does nothing at all.
i cant stop violently picking my face until the engorged zits deflate, but it fucking hurts.
>mfw zits throughout teenage years, making me afraid to talk to anyone up close and make friends/girlfriends
>mfw 20 and still can't leave the house like this...
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
Start exercising daily to clean your pores, take cold showers at night, and change your pillow cases before bed. Get more sleep and eat veggies not processed crap.
It'll take a month or two to clear up as long as you find something else to keep your hands busy, like silly putty or cracking seed shells. You can still pick before a shower though
>>
I started using tacuo a year ago. I still get as many pimples as I used to but they're not as deep or as big. I'm also 22 and half.
>>
No one recommends proactive, try accutane or retinol.
>>
>>25953432
I do exercise everyday! pushups, weighted squats until my legs turn to noodles.
cold showers? I'll try that.
processed foods? nah too poor to buy veggies and live that life. all I eat are frozen pizzas, corndogs and shit.
thanks for the advice, i need to change my pillow cases more. :/
>>
>>25953290
Do you cleanse your face? How well do you treat your skin? Sun screen at all? If the majority of the marks on your face are just acne scars, you will have to wait it out unfortunately. Retin-a or a BHA can help reduce and speed up recovery of the scarring.

Bad acne will often need Dermatologist interference. I'm on topical antibiotics and retin-a for acne. It has helped a fucking lot.

DON'T FALL FOR "NATURAL REMEDIES". Actually bullshit. I do cleanse my face with coconut oil occasionally, but that's because my face is always dry and it helps with that.
>>
>>25953432
What if you lack the ability to sweat due to being Asian? I work out but it takes hours of movement and painful exercise to sweat at all. I also don't sweat in saunas, have tried that too.
>>
Get this shit called cetaphil. Proactive and every other acne medicine under the sun didn't shit except dry out my skin
This shit fixed me up real good
>>
>>25953542
are you serious? i never heard of this cetaphil, can i buy it online?
>>
>>25953574
I have Cetaphil too. It's literally just a lotion. Very moisturizing but doesn't do anything for persistent acne or scars
>>
Proactive is for normies who only get 1-2 zits a month and think that somehow qualifies as "bad" acne. They don't know the horrors of cystic acne.

I went to a dermatologist and they put me on Minocyline 2x a day and Tretonai every night on my face. So far it's working but they said it'll take a year or two for my scars to fade away. I also use Benzoyl Peroxide 10% every morning in the shower. My acne has gotten a lot better but I still break out once in a while.

Basically, go to a doctor if you're serious about removing acne.
>>
Something with 10% benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient and also maybe some salicylic acid cleansing pads
>>
>>25953602
Tretininoin (?)/retin-a is amazing. Not only does it help with acne but it also helps with wrinkles and aging.
>>
>>25953432
>people actually think this is good advice
Fucking incredibly mild acne normies
>>
Hey OP, don't worry it's only temporary. It's going to go away in a couple years. I'm 25 and barely get pimples anymore...I got one earlier this week on my nose, that was the first one in months. I popped it and it was gone overnight.
>>
Anything I could buy on amazon right now for around 20$, I found Cetaphil skin cleanser for a good price, anything better?
>>
>>25953712
Also, i made this post to say: there's nothing anyone can give you to make your acne better EXCEPT accutane. Everything else is bullshit. Either wait it out, or go nuclear.
>>
>>25953630
I had some of this, it didn't help my acne at all, but when I switched to benzoyl peroxide it cleared right up
>>
>>25953734
wtf, why is all the "good" stuff prescription required? i got shit healthcare at least until mr. freehealthcare is president. How am i supposed to get this shit?
>>
File: stridex pads.jpg (241KB, 1224x1600px) Image search: [Google]
stridex pads.jpg
241KB, 1224x1600px
(OP) here, the only thing that's ever actually worked for me is this pic related. cost like 8 dollars at CVS and lasted a month. it cleared my whole forhead of zits. but it stings like a bitch...
i guess its all i can get for now
>>
>>25953525
>all I eat are frozen pizzas, corndogs and shit.
have fun with acne still anon
>>
>>25953290

Give up eating sugar, dairy products, and wheat
>>
>>25955070
I've stopped eating sugar but I still eat cheese and bread. I could even give up cheese but I'd rather die than give up bread.
>>
>>25953290
proactive sucks
go to a dermatologist.
>>
>>25953537
This is a thing? Holy shit I've always wondered why I'm the last fucker to sweat in heat or exercise.
>>
File: 2016-01-23 00.58.23.jpg (1MB, 1857x1215px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-23 00.58.23.jpg
1MB, 1857x1215px
Alright OP. I'm about to lay some shit on you. So first. Stop picking. Seriously. Don't touch it. I used honey and brown sugar paste every day on my face. I'd let it sit while I got a stuff ready before a shower or whatever. As long as you can but I aimed for about 10 minutes. Then gently scrub it off. All my shit was cysts so it hurt but I'd just be super easy with those parts. Get an astringent for morning and night. Ideally something with witch hazel so it doesn't just dry the shit out of your skin and helps the open ones. Anything active put a dab of benzoyl peroxide at least 5% cream, dissolved with an asprin to make a paste and sleep with it on. Also a vitamin D supplement. I tried literally every method in the book to get rid of it for years and this is what my skin looks like today after a year of following that. Scars still, bit I can deal with anything after that. Best of luck. I know how truly awful this shit can be.
>>
>>25956344
fucking r o a s t i e W H O R E
REEEEEEE
>>
>>25956344
>honey and brown sugar paste
OP don't listen to this bullshit. The rest of the stuff about real medicine is good tho
>>
I had cystic acne for a year before I went on accutane.

Hear are some tips.

>pash pillow case on a regular basis
>do not touch your face, when you do wash your hands before
>only pop the largest, most painful zits and do so with a sanitized needle, wash face afterwards
>only wash your face twice a day - once morning, once night (maybe once after a workout if you build up a sweat)
>push hair off of your face at night, a headband or something works great
>I had good results with oxy face wipes
>diet can make it worse, drink lots of water
>>
>>25953290
>go to a dermatologist
>they'll give you a super cream
>takes a couple weeks to really kick in
>literally magic

It's the only thing that worked 100% for me.
>>
>>25956601
Could be bullshit. Im just sharing my experience of what worked considering that was the question. Honey is good for inflamation and has antibacterial properties. Brown sugar is way better than the microbead stuff they sell you at the store. Everyone's skin is different though.
>>
>>25953290
>walk up to any pharmacy.
>say you have acne and need some Benzac cream.
>apply cream on skin after washing and wiping your face with cleanser.
>acne gone in a matter of weeks. enjoy your clear skins
>>
>>25958336
google Benzac AC
>>
Acne is incurable. Accept your fate.
>>
>tfw never really had any acne issues.
>tfw barely any zits ever.

heh
>>
>>25953290
Go to a dermatologist
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.