[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if death ISN'T the end?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1442668406758.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1442668406758.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
what if death ISN'T the end?
>>
>>25943890
then we are fucked
>>
that would be quite the relief, honestly
>>
>>25943890
>die
>next life is on the next highest difficulty
>>
>>25943961
>death is ng+
>>
>>25943961
This is only the tutorial stage and we're failing it. After we get anally devastated by NG we die and go to NG+
>>
>>25943927
what?

why?

how?

This fucking is an original comment btw
>>
Death probably isn't the end. If time/the universe really are infinite, and your consciousness is really just a pattern of biochemical/electric impulses, then you're bound to show up again anyhow
>>
>>25943890
I'd be comfortable starting over as someone else without any memory of my past life. That's probably not the case though. I'd imagine death is just the nothingness/blackness from before birth.
>>
>>25944051

What if it all keeps repeating and all the bad shit that happened to you will happen to you again, exactly as it did before?

Over and over, forever.
>>
>>25944051
Yeah, but would it really be 'you'? Would you really be truly experiencing life once again if you did show up once more?

This is some Star Trek teleporter type philosophical shit we're talking about.
>>
>>25944136
If a river dries up and then fills again it's still the same river senpai
>>25944128
I'll take the bad with the good. Not like there's anything else to do in this reality
>>
>>25944051
matter decays anon
>>
>>25944136
Seems quite trivial that it would be you. >>25944164
This anon has the right idea.
>>
>>25944164
>If a river dries up and then fills again it's still the same river senpai
No it's not
>>
then I guess I'll pay for all the edgy witchcraft I did as a teenaged faggot.
>>
>>25944039
Try imagining being unable to perceive or think, indefinitely. You wouldn't feel it, but you know it's coming.

I honestly don't mind religious people; I'm damned afraid of being faced with the void myself.
>>
>>25943890
>>25943961
>>25943989
There's actually a film sort of based on this concept.
It's about a guy who kills himself and finds out that the punishment for suicide is just living in an even shittier dimension.
He works at a shitty food place with a shitty boss. Won't spoil the rest, but it's a great film with an ending that isn't too sappy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydSMQbnDN7M
>>
>>25944233
Try imagine HAVING to perceive and think for an eternity. Can you imagine the fucking boredom your inevitably bound to experience? Being bored in this world is bad enough.

It's human paranoia to be afraid of being unable to perceive of think. That's not philosophical though. We must be afraid of such circumstances to survive, but that's it. There's nothing wrong with not thinking or perceiving.
>>
>>25944319
I'm fine with a nap but being denied eternally? Hot damn that's terrible.
>>
>>25944128

This is my ultimate fear. It's also part of the reason I'm neet and depressed as fuck for the past decade.
>>
>>25944164
Nobody steps in the same river twice desu
>>
>>25944884
s a m e
r i g h t
h e r e
f a m i l i a
>>
>>25944233
>try thinking about not being able to think
>being faced with the void
Are you as equally terrified of the void before your birth as you are terrified of the void after your death?

When you die, who will there be to face the void?
Before you were born, who was there to experience the void?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.