[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /anxiety before bed/? I'm currently avoiding going

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1451472474730.jpg (35KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1451472474730.jpg
35KB, 500x669px
Who here /anxiety before bed/?

I'm currently avoiding going to sleep because I know as soon as I lay down and close my eyes I will start thinking about all my problems and get super anxious.

I hate being alone with my thoughts.
>>
i love sleeping but i hate waking up.
kill me
>>
I feel ya OP. Whenever my mind starts racing I have to bring it back with some kind of fantasy story I visualize.

It has to be an involving storyline for yourself, full of detail. The detail is important because you'll find your anxiety and worries creeping in and taking over again. Force yourself to concentrate on the details to avoid that.

Try something simple OP. Put yourself in your favorite movie, then make your own side story with that universe of rules.
>>
I keep tricking myself into thinking that if I think about my problems enough I'll find solutions. So far all I've got is that even if I fix my current problems I'll still be unhappy, they're a symptom of a greater issue. My only take away is that I should just kill myself eventually. The dumbest thing about this is that I've come to the same conclusion every night for the past two years.
>>
If I didn't do enough of it during the day, all my self-loathing comes at me right before going to sleep. I wish could go to bed and never wake up.
>>
>>25910634
Yea, thats why I can go to bed only when I'm super tired and it's guaranteed I'll fall asleep in like 5 minutes. I should sleep more than 4 hours a day, but when I go lie down sooner it just hurts as fuck and I can't sleep at all.
>>
this is what weed is for.
>>
I feel ya man, I barely sleep anymore because of this shit.
>>
This happens to me too OP. I usually stay on the laptop in bed until I crash.

I have other systems though. One is called The Alphabet game. It is difficult enough to keep your brain from anxiety and boring enough to help you fall asleep.

Pick a topic. Like boy names. Then go through the alphabet with them. Like Adam, Bryan, Carlos, Daniel, etc. When you finish the alphabet, pick a new topic like animals. Ants, Bats, Chimpanzees, Dogs, etc.
>>
Get your doc to prescribe a low dose of seroquel. Like 25-50 mg. It's normally meant for bipolar people at high doses, but it isn't uncommon for docs to prescribe it to normal people with sleep issues. I guarantee you'll always fall asleep pretty quickly once it kicks in. Super vivid dreams too, which is nice
>>
>>25910634
yeah, same desu.
that's why i always have a movie playing with the sound very low. i also play games on my phone til i'm tired enough to fall asleep without tossing and turning too much.

i really don't understand how someone can just be in a pitch black quiet room, alone with their thoughts. it also takes me a long time to fall asleep too, and thinking about shit makes it worse.
>>
>>25910871
This, normally I would go to sleep at 2am, but lately I've been fantasizing a lot whenever I go to bed and keep rolling there for a good 2-4 hours without getting any sleep. It's annoying as hell and fucks up everything if I have to get up early in the morning.
>>
recently i started waking up in the middle of the night in this weird panic attack? i think? im super confused i dont know who/where i am and i just sit in the corner of my room for like 20min until i start to wake up. im afraid to go to sleep every night.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.