[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were to want to learn a trade or craft, what would it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (86KB, 478x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 478x465px
If you were to want to learn a trade or craft, what would it be?

Woodworking? Smithing? Glassblowing?
>>
>>25898226
Contemplating learning how to whittle some time.

I think I'd also like to know how to navigate by stars, tan a hide, and etc.
>>
Probably carpentry
>>
>>25898301
Tanning looks cool.
>>
I would want to learn smiting but woodwork would be the practical choice.
>>
>>25898226
Scribe.
>>
>>25898653
Lets see that handwriting nigga.
>>
>>25898226
Probably carpentry

turning lumber into shelves and shit is dank
>>
>>25898226
Weaponsmithing
I just want to spend my days hammering elegant swords, carving artful crossbows, and experimenting with new types of weapons
Then on sundays I'd pack up and head to the market and sell my weapons to adventurers and explorers and warriors
Maybe I'd join a roaming clan of raiders, being the guy who makes the weapons for them
>>
Woodworking
Build cabin innawoods
>>
File: LhVR8gq.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
LhVR8gq.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>25898226
>navigate by stars
I started this last year. Almost finished with all the major constellations. As soon as Leo rolls around again. I'll start on the more obscure stuff.
Here's what I've found useful.
>get yourself a decent star-chart that doesn't leave-out half the stars or change all the names to stupid stuff like "ice-cream cone" and "baseball diamond". Preferably one that makes a full circle instead of those that only show you a semi-circle of what you should be seeing on whatever date they consider "spring".
>Starting in Feb/March is good because you can use Ursa Major as your first reference.
>Then arc to Arcturus (Bootes)
>And spike to Spica (Virgo)
>Then find Leo and start following the arc of the zodiac and branch out from there.
>If you start now you can use Orion as a reference and find Gemini, Taurus, Canis Major and Auriga.
>The sky rotates constantly, so go outside every night with decent visibility for about 15 minutes at about the same time and find a new constellation and review all your previous ones. If you get lazy for a few weeks you'll miss some and lose all your reference points.
>All of this is void if you live in the city or in the southern hemisphere though.
Have fun. It's pretty cool to be able to look at the sky and see something other than random dots.
>>
>>25899777
>>25898301
4u with lots of additional content
>>
>>25898226
Ultimately once I can afford a bit of land, I'd like to be able to produce all of my own food. I've been reading up on and practicing gardening, but would like to learn more about raising animals, making cheeses, and growing ancient grains.

>>25899777
I started doing this when I was hiking around Utah for 4 months. Fun stuff.
>>
File: robin killer.gif (658KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
robin killer.gif
658KB, 500x316px
>>25898226
One I could make bank on.
>>
I want to set up a hobby farm some day if I ever have the money and time.
>capubara
>chickens
>emus
>nubian goats
>pot bellied pigs
>A couple of cows

I have the carpentry skills to build the shelters for them, and how to rake care 9f them since I worked at an animal sanctuary. Also I'd love to build a greenhouse for exotic plants and maybe throw a few reptiles in there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.