[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life is just a big dog competition. Which dog has the most dog

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: A strange game.png (121KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
A strange game.png
121KB, 500x324px
Life is just a big dog competition. Which dog has the most dog bones, which dog has the biggest dog house, which dog has the most dog wives?

Which dog is fastest, smartest, or strongest?

Thats all this is. A dog contest. Its not about the dogs themselves. Its not even about the dog that wins. The most important thing about a dog competition is the competition itself. The best dog doesnt "win". It just moves on and the next year another dog will take home the prize of best dog.

Time will see the winners and losers wasted. Only the competition continues. Why would I want to try to be the best dog?

I dont know. The more I stare at what life is the more I want to turn my head away. The curse of life is the curse of want and no one can escape that. We will always die with want in our hearts. The best we can do is live a easy life and repay all of our debts and settle every score. I dont want to play the part of a Human trapped in his own box. Suicide is not an alternative either. People say death takes you to a better place but I doubt it. There was no winning this game from the start.
>>
>>25886331
You're right and we all know this. Not to say you shouldn't have made this thread, because it's a good thread, but realize you aren't alone in noticing this. My "solution" has been to not play the game, but I am slowly losing my mind. It seems like if you try to opt out, you are either forced back in, or are terminated. What an unpleasant situation we are all in.
>>
File: Eternity.jpg (212KB, 1256x1611px) Image search: [Google]
Eternity.jpg
212KB, 1256x1611px
>>25886400
What are you suppose to do?

There is no way to win. Is love something I should look for?

People are driven by instinct. Higher emotions are fleeting illusions. I think some people can love but that number is very low. All of our acts are driven by evolution. It is not evil, just amoral. Society has built codes of conduct around perpetuating the system. Women see men as a tool for survival and resources. My value is only proportionate to what I can provide to others. Of course that truth has always been self evdent but its painful to dwell on. I am becoming more disillusioned as time goes on.
>>
Who are you competing against? Me? That other guy? You are creating phantom competitors on a lone road. Say you are the best dog then what? Do you care so much for the admiration of others? Is your ego so in control of you that you have to live to appease others?

This thread is nothing but an admission on how you have no control over your own life and ruled by your desires. Wanting what others have. No aspirations of your own. Wanting to emulate the most basic hedonist to satisfy your ideals of "success".
>>
>>25886443
I don't know, I'm in the same situation. People say building relationships takes effort, but that's only because being in a relationship means you're providing something for the other person, and providing things requires work. I grew up with the idea of soulmates (not in that exact term, but the idea); that people who were, by the luck of the universe, compatible, would find each other and enjoy each others' company. But reality is very different, to the extent that I don't have any interest in being a part of it.

I don't know what to look for or where to look for it. I'm just waiting for the end and hoping that the end is really the end. I'm very tired of everything.
>>
File: Tired.jpg (99KB, 498x650px) Image search: [Google]
Tired.jpg
99KB, 498x650px
>>25886463
Its all a big competition. Be the richest, the most popular, the most "successful".

I dont feel like I have to explain this to you. Its evident all around you.

Humans are animals. They want to kill each other and live like heathens. We arent fit for much else. I think the smartest and most artistic of us knew something the average man doesnt.

I am reminded of the quote "great wits and madness: near allied?"

I am not depressed. I can live a fine life. I just find this world to be disappointing. Ive fallen into a malaise and cant seem to escape it. With no reason to do good I might never.

i dont care about money or space. The things I wanted most seem more and more like the stuff of fantasy.
>>
>>25886463
You don't get it.

>looking for a job
"Who is the better worker?"

>looking for a girlfriend
"Who is the better man?"

>playing a video game
"Who has the highest score?"

>going to school
"Who has the sharpest mind?"

etc.

It's a part of everything. You're always being rated, graded, recorded, assessed. It's encoded in our genes, it's a part of reality.

>Who, out of all living things, can replicate themselves the most?

It is hell.
>>
>>25886538
What's the problem then? you've recognised a horrid way of living and are avoiding it. Others will have to come to that realization on their own.
>>
>>25886400
>but I am slowly losing my mind
What do you mean? How and why?

I feel like im also slipping.
>>
>>25886587
So what, even if someone were to rate me on such a scale I wouldn't give a shit. Its not something I want out of life. If people are being shit why would I care about their opinions. At the end of the day I want to be able to live with myself. Not conform to their ideas of how I should live.
>>
>>25886608
A fine life isnt a good one. Sure its fun to jack off to anime and play vidya for 50+ years. Doing anything I want.

But thats a hollow, meaningless life. No purpose but to just do whatever. Even the strongest pleasures will fade in time.

Sure im not trying to be the best dog but that isnt winning either. I dont know what to do.
>>
>>25886610
It's getting harder to hold onto thoughts and visualize things in my head. Short term memory works, but I really have to focus on it. I feel constantly shaky and on edge. When people talk I have trouble understanding sometimes, and if there's a lot of noise around I can't understand even with 100% focus. It feels like my consciousness is rattling apart.
>>
I've grown to loath modern society and all it entails.

The thought of scraping by as just another consumer slave, a small replaceable cog in a vast dehumanizing system seems odious and intolerable to me. I feel trapped. My destiny was bound to this machine the moment I was born. The worst part is that nobody else seems to acknowledge the shackles.

Everything I see and believe of the future makes death desirable.
>>
>>25886628
It's not about feeling compelled to join the competiton, it's about the competition surrounding you 24/7. It's like if a bunch of people decided to play football in your house.

>I want to be able to live with myself. Not conform to their ideas of how I should live.
Being independent is great and all until you realize your independent, individualist goals were programmed into you by the competition society at birth. You're doing your own thing and playing into their hands. You can't escape because "you" are a part of them even if you hate it.
>>
>>25886645
Find purpose then. If you are dissatisfied with the current events then do something about it. Even the smallest ripple will grow and expand. A pebble could cause an avalanche.

Jumping from one pleasure to another is a sure way of continuous suffering on the soul. Live virtuously, live compassionately. Live without sin. Doing so helps a person escape from suffering.

Write a book, become a teacher, help those who need help. If living selfishly is causing you misery then live selflessly.
>>
>>25886696
I live in the same world as you, in a western society of dog eat dog. I haven't let it affect me. I'm going about life at my own pace the way I want to. Whenever someone tries to invade my world with something I don't agree with I shun it, I pay it no attention. Its worked for me. If you can't block it out then perhaps its from lack of trying. Practice makes perfect.
>>
>>25886741
Humans are social animals. If you block out everything you will go insane. It's the right thing to do, but your brain won't let you do it.
>>
How can I hide my depression and fatigue from others? I don't really care for relationships but I can't really hold a job that way. people only like happy,cheerful people and hate depressed people (especially depressed men). I couldn't find a job I could do with no interaction with others. it has already basically costed me one job..
>>
>>25886782
this world is so big there will always be people who feel the same way as you, we are here on r9k in the same thread aren't we? You're not alone.
>>
>>25886792
Just say you are a quiet guy and don't speak much. Try to avoid extended contact with people. Consider starting your own business and working by yourself.
>>
>>25886893
>Just say you are a quiet guy and don't speak much.
doesn't really work. at one job I was actually told by my manager I should be less quite and more talkative.
>Consider starting your own business and working by yourself.
where could I start with the possibility of real income? I program and run one (yet unsuccesful) website
>>
>>25886520
>People say building relationships takes effort, but that's only because being in a relationship means you're providing something for the other person, and providing things requires work.

nah, definitely not the main reason. Keeping attraction present takes work. You have to do all the same shit you did when you were single AND you have to keep her satisfied as well.
>>
>>25886645
>But thats a hollow, meaningless life.

You have to provide/find your own meaning.
>>
>>25886741
>If you can't block it out then perhaps its from lack of trying.

Or maybe you're just really wrong
>>
>>25887468
Like what?

Original god dam comment
>>
>>25887488
go on then, sit there and tell me you've manually taken the reins on your own thought processes. because I have and its taken me years but i've done it.

you can manipulate your physical body with exercises, you can manipulate your mind in the same regards.
>>
babby's first crisis
>>
File: 1448197984192.png (124KB, 1798x504px) Image search: [Google]
1448197984192.png
124KB, 1798x504px
>>25886331

Your post put me in mind of pic related. It might even have been you or have inspired you.
>>
congrats: 95% of modern men aren't even competing.
work out, dress well, get a stylish haircut and a beard trimmer, go to college, establish a successful career in something you're passionate about. you just beat 95% of the competition literally just by trying. 95% of dudes are smoking weed and playing video games in their mommy's house. all you have to do is put in a little effort.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.