[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quarter-life chrisis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 1445110835755.jpg (25KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1445110835755.jpg
25KB, 540x405px
anyone else here /quarterlifechrisis/?

>19
>immature as fuck
>not sure what to study/work with
>feel like I wasted my teenage years
>wish I could return to when I was 14
>want to stay as a teenager all my life because life past 20 seems horrible

I don't wanna live anymore. Don't wanna be 20.

What do? Can anyone relate?
>>
I'm twenty-nine, things still fine.
>>
>>25872030
Study Chemistry or Engineering,
>wasted years are a meme
Pretty how you put it time will not go backwards so deal with it
Life after 20 is horrible if you don't start working now to make it better.
>>
I'm the opposite. I'm tired of being 19. I wanna be like 25 as soon as possible.
Honestly life as a teenager is horrible. I just wanna be alone and not depend on anyone. And not be younger that all chicks cause every chick I talk to is like 22+ and if I can't compete with Chads my age competing with adult Chads is even harder.
>>
>>25872030
Get a solid job, gain experience, move up until you're happy with a career. Find a m8 and split costs. Sounds boring, but there's really no easy way to put it
>>
>>25872202
I really like being a teenager though.
>parent's give me money and food.
>only have to go to school and do my homework
>can still do dumb shit without people getting mad at me for being irresponsible

Until now it has been perfect exept for loneliness and some bullying. Now it feels like the good things about being a teenager are about to vanish and I'm left with responsibility and having to do boring shit. Also, I would have to get a job and search for a gf and that's not gonna be pretty.

Also, girls over 19 are mostly ugly imo desu senpai. I have no idea why people would want to become adults.
>>
make a bucketlist of things you want to to while you're still a teenager. I did that and I think it helped me. there were so many things I felt like I had missed out on so I made a list and did/tried to do all of it during the summer. now I have realized there were more things I should have done back then but I'm still happy I did the bucketlist thing. it made it a little more ok to turn 20 and start to become an adult.
>>
>>25872444
That's actually a great idea. Might try that. Anything you recommend doing?
>>
I'm 19 too. The only part of me that wants to be 14 again is the part of me that thinks that knowing what I know now, I could do it better.

I feel like I went through my crisis last spring. I didn't care for what I was studying, felt more alone than ever, and felt like I missed out on high school experiences by shutting myself off from the world. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I wasn't meant to succeed in the first place. I had so many obstacles on me just from what I was born into, and coupled with the fact that I put in the minimum amount of effort in life at any given opportunity because I had no motivation to do anything, it's a miracle I'm even in as good of a position as I'm in now. This became my motivation to succeed and to make something of myself. I used to never want to think of myself as better than others but fuck that, it's time I get to be a little arrogant. Ever since I started thinking this way I changed my major to what I wanted to do, got my grades up, made a couple friends, and even got my first kiss.

It's easy to wish you could go back and do things better. Hindsight is always 20/20. But as long as you keep focusing on what you could have done in the past you can't see what you can do in the future. If you wouldn't have fucked up in the past, you wouldn't necessarily know how not to fuck up now.

So yeah, if I somehow happened to retain my current knowledge and be 14 again, I would probably do it a hell of a lot better. But I don't even think I would choose that if I could at this point. I'm the person I am today because I was the person that I was five years ago, and if I had to go through five years of aimlessness to get to where I am now then I'd say it's worth it.
>>
>>25872629
have sex

but seriously, the things I enjoyed most was smoking weed, biking around town with some people and having a barbecue at the beach.

I really wish I had tried harder to make friends before I graduated high school though.
>>
>>25872722
Yeah, that's true. I sometimes wonder if I would make all those mistakes again if I went back to when I was 14. Maybe the situation pressured me to react that way and it's not that I was dumb. I still make some of the same mistakes today even when I know it's a mistake. I don't really know.

I'm kinda the opposite of how you were then. I'm arrogant as fuck and I'm pretty convinced I'm better than most people. Just not at socializing. I'm thinking I need to change that and be more humble and maybe I won't be so lazy because I don't think I have to try to succeed.

Like you, I have no motivation and I don't even know what I wanna do. I like making movies but I have only made small shit movies for youtube. I also like making music but both of those things are pretty much impossible to get a job in. Any tips for finding motivation?
>>
>>25873385
I know it sounds dumb but you have to stop worrying about what will get you a job. If you really like something and work to get good at it, the odds are in your favor to find something to do for work. I love music and film too but I'm not good at creating, and neither are most people. If you have talent and passion there, you're already far ahead of the majority. You just have to find a profession that may not be exactly what you want to do, but relates to it in a way that it supports or is relevant to your hobbies. I'm not exactly sure what that is since I haven't done any research into it, but I'm sure if you look hard enough you could find something that involves the film or music industries and keep creating on the side for your own pleasure and the possibility that it might be economically viable in the future.
>>
Same here, also 19... I wish I could have had a gf when I was 15 or so... like all the rest of the normie pieces of shit around me. They probably all talked shit behind my back.
No, not probably, they DEFINITELY did that
>>
How can you guys enjoy sitting around your rooms all day doing nothing? Im currently on vacation and I cant stand myself. I'm 18 btw.
>>
File: 1437427975161.jpg (21KB, 217x317px) Image search: [Google]
1437427975161.jpg
21KB, 217x317px
>tfw turned 20
>tfw did nothing but vidya in my teenage years
>tfw was always lazy in school and never learned to study properly
>tfw interested in science and math
>tfw have problems studying now at university
>tfw physics major
>tfw realized merely interest isn't enough to study physics
>tfw don't know why I just didn't pick engineering
>tfw first exams in 4 weeks
>tfw try to study at least an hour everyday
>tfw feel like it's not enough
>tfw I don't know if I should change to engineering or stay in physics and just try to get through
>tfw there's no go-back after the first semester, I have to change now if I'm going to
>tfw life at uni is pretty shit
>tfw life after uni won't get any better
>tfw 20 year old KHV
Life sucks man.
>>
More like /thirdlifecrisis/. I'm taking myself out at 60.
>>
Why would any family want to take a photograph of such a sad looking birthday for a NEET or manchild? Like the other image of that long haired 20 something with the cake in front of him. I get that it's tradition but surely they must realize the sad reality of the photograph and not take it?
>>
>>25874641
Because its not sad at all. I havent had a party since I was like 8. Its actually really nice when I see people having parties thrown for them, and moms and dads making an effort for their children....chocolate cake is pretty good.
>>
>>25872136
Don't listen to this faggot.
Go to college for business and minor in Some sort of tech. You don't want to be doing the real work you want to manage and count the money going in.

Otherwise do something you're interested in or you'll just fail out of college or be miserable. No money is truly worth being miserable trust me.

19 here changing my major and taking a semester off. Work part time and play video games. Life is pretty retarded for me. I'm so consumed by derealization money or even my life mean little to me. I've discovered true freedom, in death. The only reason why I am still where I am is because it would be a minor inconvenience.
I don't want to get older either nor do I feel like I am. I'm not immature however, but stuck around immature 70a who are emotional thinkers and not rational thinkers.
>>
>>25872363
Lol then your parents pampered you too much if at 19 you're not held responsible for anything.
>>
File: 1412537562002.png (22KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1412537562002.png
22KB, 633x758px
>>25872030
I feel ya my nigga.
>23 years old, soon 24
>no idea if I should continue in my work field or go to school again
>all money pretty much blown on food and weed
>do nothing but smoke weed each day to just kill the time

Starting smoking bong to get rid of the stress and mild depression, was a pretty retarded decision from me. I have so much shit to do in my life but this sorta depression about my current status and that fucking weed make me do absolutely nothing. I've got many important things to do and decisions to make but I'd rather not do it and let my future self handle it.

>tfw 3 week break from work
>tfw it's your last free week
>tfw all you did was getting stoned and browsing anonymous image board
>mfw when reality hits on Monday morning
>>
>>25872030

I was kinda going through a quarter life crisis until I realized something; my dreams are pretty big and likely to fail. But I'm going to work my fingers to the bone to make them a reality. I made a promise to myself that if I am nowhere near accomplishing my biggest dreams by 30, I will then kill myself. But from 21 to 30 that gives me a lot of time. As cliche'd as this sounds, it's really now or never time.
>>
>his quarter-life crisis isn't at 25
>>
>>25873693
That sounds like really good advice. Thanks!
>>
File: Paul McGann on suicide watch.png (497KB, 414x529px) Image search: [Google]
Paul McGann on suicide watch.png
497KB, 414x529px
>>25872030
Dear god, absolutely all of this to a fucking T!
>>
>>25873693

Good fucking advice OP. This is what I'm doing right now. Also, it's very important that if you have any artistic goals (music, film, etc.) you have to be a wagecuck while working on your passions on the side. Gotta support yourself somehow.
>>
File: 1379534002914.gif (2MB, 319x293px) Image search: [Google]
1379534002914.gif
2MB, 319x293px
my childhood was shit, my teenager years were shit, im almost 24 now and my life is still shit and its never going to get better. I want to be retired just out of curiousity for the future but the ride never fucking ends.
>>
>>25874904
>>25875125
>>25873693

I like to draw and want to work with that in the future but I rarely practice because I'm lazy as fuck. What do I do? I have tried to beat this several times but I always fail.
>>
25 here, I wasted all my life and I'm a 12 year old boy trapped in a 25 year old man's body. Everything is suffering.
>>
>>25872030
>I was pretty robot when I was in high school
>got more normie-ish through college
>now I'm 34 and my life is better than ever
it can improve with a little effort
you don't even have to go normie
you just need to find what makes you happy and pursue it.
>>
>>25875490
what if you don't know what makes you happy? how do you find out?
>>
>>25875446

Show us some of your work anon.
>>
>>25872030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5jI5ePPl4
>>
>>25875477
>>25875477
23 here. Same. Feel like a timid little child, too eager to please everyone. Fucking hate what I've become.
>>
>>25875655

I just can't handle adult life. I wanna laze around and do fun shit but instead I have to work and deal with annoying cunts all day.
>>
>>25875533
I would suggest broadening your horizons
get out more, not necessarily socially, just try new shit
you won't know you like it until you try it, i guess
>>
22 here.

I feel like I'm somehow devolving into an edgy teenager even though I wasn't this way when I was supposed to. Depression, or whatever you want to call it, hit at 18 and ever since then I've been losing my capacity to care more and more every year. I alienate people, I don't really try to improve myself other than going to the gym and eating healthy, my old goals are not important anymore.

On the bright side, unlike edgy 17 year olds, at least I'm self-aware to some extent and I don't go around talking to people about how time is a flat circle or whatever they consider deep.
>>
File: lazy-bill-gates-7298367009.jpg (129KB, 980x750px) Image search: [Google]
lazy-bill-gates-7298367009.jpg
129KB, 980x750px
>>25875446
You're gonna have to trust me when I say this because it's gonna sound really dumb at first but I think if you think about it, you'll understand it.

This isn't true 100% of the time, but it's more than likely that if you rarely practice it's not because you're lazy, it's because you don't really like it that much. When you enjoy doing something, practice doesn't feel like work, it almost feels liberating. Now you may actually be lazy too, but even lazy people will work when they really want something. I'm sure you can think of at least a couple examples in your life where you wanted something but had to put effort in to get it, so you put the effort in. There's a reason guys like Bill Gates drop out of college and it's because they're lazy fucks who can only really work when they care about what they're doing, which was not schoolwork. Now I'm not saying to drop out because I doubt you're as smart as Bill Gates, but I think he's a good example here. You may actually really like drawing, but you might not like what you're drawing or the style you're drawing. Or, you might just be going through a period of extended artists' block. Experiment around a bit with some different art styles. Try not to draw anything in particular, but just start drawing and see what you end up with.
>>25875533
This guy (>>25875762) said it perfectly. If all else fails, I've found that reading is a good way to figure things out. Pick out something that you think you might be interested in and once you have some free time. If you are interested, you'll keep reading. If you're not interested, you'll find your mind wandering. Of course, the only reason you would be thinking about something other than the book you're reading is if you're more interested in the topic you're thinking about than the topic you're reading about, so you can find a book to read about that. Theoretically, you can repeat this process infinitely.
>>
I feel this every day. I just watched the seth rogan movie where his neighbors are frats and at the end I just felt imprisoned in my own life. I'm 26, and a kissless neet virgin. I really hate it. I won't get a family, I won't get to party and I don't even have the willpower to go to nightschool. I don't think I can do anything with my life so I am just stuck here doing nothing and it feels like there is no out. I can't leave cus if I just moved away to get a different place my mom would kill herself with grief. I can't kill myself cus my mom would then kill herself plus I don't want to go to hell. I just feel stuck and it is the worst.
>>
>>25872030
I know that feel mate.
Tbqh I blame the internet and the huge abundance of information as a whole. Let's face it, we've spend so much time on the internet we've pretty much experienced most things through second hand.
There simply are no wonders to explore. No "Fog of War" to uncover. We know the basic ways you can live your life and read/heared so many different views on them, that it only comes down to picking one and experienceing it first hand, almost allways either not liveing up to the experience or the experience being just what you expected, leaveing you with a intensified feeling of "why bother?"

At least that's my take on it and what I tell me is the reason for my depression. Read a lot of philosophy lately and slowly come to terms with the fact that i will live a life of meaningless tasks to just stay alive until everyone I know dies followed by me.

I don't think I will have kids. The only right option is to let your bloodline disapear, breaking the cycle.
>>
>>25876289
I really like this. It might actually be the cause. Interesting.

My solution would be to get a comfy life and just ride it out though. Not think of it as meaningless but rather as a way to escape disappointment.

I don't think life is inherently suffering so not having kids for that reason seems wrong to me. They may be able to live a good life. Besides, isn't living a bad life better than not living at all? It's a ride at least.
>>
>>25876289
>Tbqh I blame the internet and the huge abundance of information as a whole.
I do too. That, and honestly technology has made everything too easy. We take so much stuff for granted that even people our age sixty years ago probably would have killed for. And you can't really live without technology because it's required for school, work, and a social life.
>I don't think I will have kids. The only right option is to let your bloodline disapear, breaking the cycle.
You might like this then.
http://www.vhemt.org/
>>
>>25877195
Also to add about the pointlessness of life, if you thing about it, the only thing more pointless than life is death. You're life may not mean anything once it's over but it means something now. You at least have the ability to experience pleasure so you may as well get it while you can.
>>
>>25876967

I'm this anon>>25876289

I'll turn 25 this year. I've had a few girlfriends, had sex, saw quite a bit of the world and yet I still suffer from depression. I got medicated for it but realized that those meds just make you feel "apathic" not "happy". So, like a lot of us robots do (I'd consider myself a cyborg), I stoped and started "medicateing" myself. Took a shitload of drugs, bought my grandmas old car and let a LPG-gas-injection be instaled in it. With that car I've done joyrides to whereever it got me. Visited the most beautiful beaches in Monte Negro. sleeped on the atlantic shores in france, was on the eurofag Spring Break in Croatia and I still have to fight everyday to gather the will to get out of my bed.
There simply is nothing to life.

(1/2)
I was interned in a drug-abuse/psychosis ward this year due to my self-medication (MDMA, LSD, SHROOMS and lots of WEED) and I got told that I can't do drugs anymore. Literally allmost nothing to live right now. Play with the idea to just ride of into the sunset and die somewhere of starvation.
>>
>>25872030
>turned 20 a few months ago
>feel like I haven't matured since middle school
>>
>>25877277
Oh, that's really shitty. I'm sorry for you, anon. I have never experienced depression that deep so I don't really have anything to say. My previous reply probably only works if you can actually find some joy out of existing.

I hope it gets better.
>>
>>25877277
(2/2)

The experience of being in the ward was kind of enlightening to me though. Our day was planned out to the T. Mostly manial boring tasks or some literal games to just keep us ocupied. It let me understand the things Camus said a lot better than I did before. I lived the life of Sysiphos for a month and 2 weeks and I felt not happy, but was too occupied to really thing about it.

So I think, yes, that you just have to choose a life-path and occupied your day with so much tasks that you simply stop thinking about "why" you do them.
I'm probably just a spoiled fuck, although I'm not a NEET and do work for my drugs and stuff.

My father says I need a kid so that I have something to live for if I can't just life for myself. But I really doubt it that a kid would solve my problems. It's just like all those robots crying for a gf.
They just want one because they don't have one now and think it will fullfill their life, but it doesn't. Nothing does.

I just feel like whatever I do, nothing is substantial enough. I have no dreams that fill myself with euphoria about maybe achieveing them. I can ratialize myself how it will be achieveing them and even when i tell myself that it will be better when " I do it myself" it never was so far. It was different, but never fullfilling to a level that I'd be content.

writeing this doesn't even make me sad anymore. It just is how it is.
Sadly I'll never do it and kill myself. I'll probably struggle to live day to day, getting what I want, but never really getting anything except a checkmark on a sheet of paper that's going to get put in the trash anyway
>>
>>25877433
Reading this makes me appreciate my life desu. At least I don't have it as bad as you.

You seem very aware though. You seem to know a lot of the "why"s. Most aware people don't life happy lives.

I really hope it gets better man.
>>
>>25872030
19 is young as fuck. i went through feelings very similar when i was 19 (28 now) much to the bewilderment of my older friend. i didn't at all feel reassured by this at the time, but really should have.
>>
>>25877433
I've never been put in the Ward but everyone in my family seems to end up there eventually. It's really hard to explain anhedonia to people who have never experienced it. My life isn't bad I'm just incapable of enjoying it.
>>
>>25877433
>I just feel like whatever I do, nothing is substantial enough. I have no dreams that fill myself with euphoria about maybe achieveing them.
I know that feel very well.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.