[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw scared to death of death >tfw idea of absolute nothingness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: tumblr_nkowd8jSnQ1rnvy21o1_500.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkowd8jSnQ1rnvy21o1_500.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>tfw scared to death of death
>tfw idea of absolute nothingness is incomprehensible
>tfw I've only ever existed and dont know what it's like to not exist
>tfw it won't be "like" anything because I won't fucking exist
What keeps you up at night robots
>>
>>25869551
>I've only ever existed

but thats wrong, you didnt exist before you were born.

death is just like that.
>>
The self is an illusion. You're not the same person you will be ten years from now, even if you do survive.

You'll have different genetic expressions (due to epigenetics) and you'll have different conditioning. Your brain will have different quantities of neurotransmitters swirling around in it and will have at least some subtle structural differences.

In short, in 10 years you won't even be "you", even if you don't die. You'll have memories of this year, 2016, but they'll be distorted--not a true-to-life photographic record of what happened. A recording of a recording.
>>
>>25869551
some people are afraid of the stupidest of shit, i swear to god. theres literally nothing more interesting than finding out exactly what happens after death (protip: its nothing that can be expressed in a human language)
>>
>>25869623
My point is that nothing happens. Nothing can happen because there is not a self to experience something happening. You simply cease to exist and there is no longer a you and therefore there is no longer anything.

It's terrifying
>>
>>25869623

>protip: its nothing that can be expressed in a human language

what, non existence?
>>
>>25869673
isometimes think of it like this.

when i die,when i lose conciousness and fade away. the instant my brain dies, the whole universe ends from eventrual heat death or whatever.

everything and everyone dies in an instant afteryou die.
its allfair.
>>
File: BanePhilosiphy.png (154KB, 693x720px) Image search: [Google]
BanePhilosiphy.png
154KB, 693x720px
ITT: babby's first existentialist thoughts

absolute plebs
>>
>>25869623
The fuck? It's really easy to express what happens. You cease to be. Your consciousness disperses. It's like being asleep or never born, just nothing.
>>
>>25869551
The fact that I could've been born as a 10/10 chad with rich parents but I was born as 3/10 shitskin and had a poor creation in the sense of being spoiled and not developing atittude
>>
ITT: 14-year-olds
>>
>>25869551

there's nothing to be scared about, you're making the mistake of thinking you can perceive nothingless

it's LITERALLY just being unconscious which happens to you every night
>>
>>25870776
You couldn't possibly know that.

Anybody who is of the mind to make this comment will never listen to any word to the contrary though, so why do I even bother.
>>
>>25869673
Nah this isn't true. There definitely is a self that exists independent from the body and there is a whole dimension we can't even experience as we are.
>>
>>25870905
Actually I can possibly know that. I can think of people I know who are here no longer, because they died, and their brain (the thing responsible for thinking and general consciousness) has rotted away. Thus, they no longer exist.

But please, I am an open minded person. Do tell me what has lead you to another conclusion? I'm all ears for something that explains what happens after death that isn't what I'm describing. It would be comforting.
>>
>>25870967
what if your brain drugs itself before death and your time perception is frozen and you live a dream for eternity?
>>
File: 1446152243891.gif (448KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446152243891.gif
448KB, 480x480px
>>25869673
>It's terrifying

But there will be nothing to be afraid of. Because you'll be dead. You won't even know you're dead. I mean shit, if reincarnation is a thing you've probably died millions of times. And if the universe just keeps imploding & expanding you've probably lived & died an infinite amount of times. Nothing to be afraid of, anon. It's just how things work.
>>
File: 1445253814286.jpg (54KB, 870x790px) Image search: [Google]
1445253814286.jpg
54KB, 870x790px
>>25871619
>mfw people can't eat up the fear and wrap their heads around a concept like this, and mentioning it offends them, it genuinely offends them
>>
>>25871733
>it genuinely offends them

I'm not offended. Just giving my opinion, dude.
>>
>>25870950

Got any evidence for that other than obvious bullshit like experiences on hallucinogens,
>>
>>25871005
what about people who blow their brains out? how could their brain possibly drug itself properly? also all trips wear out eventually, even if you took that much dmt it doesn't matter, it would still end eventually.
>>
>>25869591
Forget 10 years. Two men parting for 3 days will be strangers when they next meet.
>>
File: 1452157618448.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1452157618448.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>>25871791
Not you specifically. Or even you at all.
I would expect it from people in general out in the world, albeit unfortunately.

But people here, people here wrestling with a topic that could be considered tame by relation surprises me.
You'd think with all the wild uninhibited ideas discussed here, the ineffability of death wouldn't turn any heads.

But so it has, way too often if you ask me. Like you're insulting someone dear to them when you bring up the fact that someone will die, and likely never exist again.
They lose their fucking minds like you're killing them yourselves, like you're a bad guy.
>>
>>25871733
>you only disagree because my opinions are 2edgy4u
this meme again
>>
>>25869591
> theres literally nothing more interesting than finding out exactly what happens after death
MY
FUCKING
NIGGER

I've been saying this all along. I personally think it's nothing, just like before you were born, but it's different as with death, your consciousness isn't brought into existence but rather out. Unlike being born, where your brain and consciousness isn't fully developed yet to fully experience and comprehend being born, when you die and you're awake, in some cases you'll be fully aware of the fact that you're dying and you'll be able to fully experience this shift out of existence. And the nothingness that exists beyond life is so incredibly fascinating because you are unable to describe, comprehend or even just imagine what nothingness actually is. You just can't express it

>>25871733
>me and other robot friend discussing how we aren't really afraid of death, the best suicide methods and shit
>other cyborg/semi-normie friend tells us to stop because he doesn't like talk of death, it makes him uncomfortable
>me and friend are unable to understand why
Some people, jesus...
>>
File: 1449915027950.jpg (412KB, 2167x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449915027950.jpg
412KB, 2167x1200px
>>25869551
over time Ive developed a death fetish

I want to die, and genuinely look forward to it - the scary thing is the method of death. Romanticized and elegant deaths people would talk about are appealing, even hanging or dying for a good cause are so exciting!

But being mugged and shot by niggers or dying in a car wreck are quite scary.
>>
>>25869551
everyone would be dead. You wount catch the moment of your death.
>>
>>25870231
this, I thought summer ended a while ago
>>
File: 1447590392136.jpg (64KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1447590392136.jpg
64KB, 500x387px
>>25871903
Yeah, I feel you. Death is just a touchy subject for some people. I like to talk about it but I usually don't because it can stir shit up. But from what I've seen in this thread everyone kinda has their own opinion, which is cool. But that can also lead to a lot of conflict.
>>
>>25871935
>doesn't like talk of death, it makes him uncomfortable
as I've said here>>25871903
And people will strawman the shit out of you like >>25871933

You're gonna croak man, i'm not evening kidding, i'm not attacking you or anything, i'm not insulting or mocking you or trying to be an edgelord or even freaking intimidate you.

It's a the absolute observation of a FACT to the furthest definition.
Why does this trigger people so much?

>>25872081
Okay, sure, I'll bite the bullet and admit I'm not afraid to die because i'm not terribly happy with living.

But the enlightenment of death and its virtues is always a positive one, it's acceptance. Although, even so in my case the motivation of this realization was a tragic one.

No smug or condescending image macros or reaction images included, i'm talking facts, but still people find a way to pervert my words into something they aren't.
>>
>>25869586
physically, your atoms and mine existed before we were born, just in different arrangements

intellectually, neither of us know if our respective conscious identities don't pre-exist this incarnation
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 239x211px
>>25869673

I know that feel. I am not afraid of dying alone. I have spent my life alone. I am afraid of dying period. The idea of just turning off is horrible.
>>
I almost lost consciousness from drug-induced cns depression recently, my blood pressure and heart rate were really low and i couldn't feel a pulse for a while. I've passed out before but this time was different. I've always considered myself borderline suicidal and sort of obsessed with death, though I've been more content lately, but when I actually thought I was going to die all I could think was that I wanted one more breath. I put on my favorite album at full volume but as I was losing consciousness it basically sounded like nothing. It wasn't fascinating at all, it was the scariest thing I've ever experienced. I'm so used to being alive and feeling something that absolute nothingness was fucking terrifying.
>>
I do mathematics and drawings, I care about my beloved gf.
I do this every day not to think about emptiness.
>>
Is there anything more beta and disgusting than licking pussy?

No wonder these cucks get cheated on by "Chads" if they behave like that towards girls.

How is a girl not supposed to lose respect for her man if she has some fag on his knees licking her crotch like some horny dog
>>
>tfw idea of absolute nothingness is incomprehensible

It's literally going to sleep forever. It's quite beautiful in a way, we all experience a taste of oblivion every time we sleep.
>>
Death is sweet release from this hell hole they call life.

Humans are basically a virus on planet earth. The virus programming tells you to stay alive and reproduce so the virus can continue to spread and mutate. You are being taken for a ride. Life really doesn't have any value. Nothing you do is unique. You have been programmed. The only winning answer is not to play.
>>
>>25871902
>Two men parting for 3 days will be strangers when they next meet.
Say what?
>>
>>25872959
>pervert
Interesting hypothesis.
>>
File: Mul.jpg (220KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mul.jpg
220KB, 1080x720px
>>25870967
It's not a matter of alternative conclusions, but rather the fact that you claim to know exactly how it works. How do you know there's not a layer to the universe we cannot measure, where all living things merge after the vessel that is our brain can no longer sustain our lives? Just spitballing here, I have no grounds for this hypothesis, but claiming to know either way is not being open minded.
>>
>all these 18-25 YO white men who don't realize that consciousness is fundamental

Why is it always my demographic that cares enough to think about it but can hardly grasp this fact?

And I'm not talking about the soul or any of that business, just everything included in the collective 'I'

Nothing more, nothing less.

If you're going to be a hothead I don't want to talk to you btw
>>
any people itt that derrives a sense of superiority fail to realize that these feelings come from a deep seated childishness
cough>>25870231
>>25872052
cough
>>
>>25869551
This. It has been scaring the shit out of me for the past 5 years. It still keeps me awake every night untill my mind can accept it in some kind of way.
We live for about 80 years and after that there is just nothing.
It also makes me wondering why we are alive. We don't even matter.

In times when I feel depressed, the only think that stops me from killing myself is the fear for death.

>inb4 betafaggot
>>
ITT: immature robot fucks calling others immature, when their own beliefs are ultimately more juvenile, such as the idea of a self beyond the body.
>>
>>25869551
Death is salvation. This will all end one day. Thank God. I don't think I could handle being me for an eternity.

I'm 22 and already wish for death. For people like me, death is redemption. Life is full of lies. That we are forced to live. All I do is sleep. And sleep is essentially death.

Death is the most natural thing there is, and it is our destiny as living creatures.
>>
>>25869591
This sounds like bullshit. And if it isn't then it does nothing but make be sadder so I choose to believe you made all this up to sound smart
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.