[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you think if I told you I study Japanese?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: temp101.jpg (37KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
temp101.jpg
37KB, 500x550px
Hey guys serious question here.

I major I the Japanese language. I am a little embarrassed about it, but I enjoy it.

Anyway, If I told you in real life that my major is Japanese what would you think?

I am really paranoid about this. I don't watch anime or read manga, nor do I like Japanese society that much. I have a thing for Japanese girls and am in the closet about it.

Would you have been able to guess this if I told you I major Japanese?
>>
File: 1434991574967.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1434991574967.png
13KB, 418x359px
> I don't watch anime or read manga, nor do I like Japanese society that much.
>doing it for pussy
NORMIE GET THE FUCK OUT TTTTT GET OUT RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
I would either assume you were a tremendous weeb or you planned to translate professionally.

I would definitely ask you why you had chosen that major.
>>
If asian
>Trying to get in touch with your roots
If not asian
>Dirty weeb
>>
>>25857193
> I don't watch anime or read manga, nor do I like Japanese society that much. I have a thing for Japanese girls and am in the closet about it.

Kill yourself
>>
File: miserable.jpg (67KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
miserable.jpg
67KB, 500x333px
>>25857193
I know your pain anon. I fucking dread the question "Oh, so what are you studying?" people either think I'm a massive weeb or some sort of genius because I can read moonrunes.
I should just tell them I'm doing fucking buisiness instead.
>>
>I have a thing for Japanese girls and am in the closet about it.

This is the first thing everyone is going to guess once you tell them your major.
>>
>>25857497
I would assume that he's a weeaboo
>>
>>25857193

I have a similar situation to you anon. I study Chinese language at my university despite having literally no connection to there at all.

In truth I am doing it to hopefully marry a qt asian gf as they are the master female race.

People ask me why and probably suspect I'm just some nerd who can't get with white girl, but I just spew something about how I'm open to other cultures and am really interested in politics (we also have to study this) and always wanted to travel and learn another language for business.

I am right now living abroad in Asia to be immersed in the language. It's pretty sweet out here, you should definitely try to live in Japan at least for a little while. Even if you don't find a qt, your language skills will really improve.

How good is your Japanese then?
>>
>>25857777
>>25857193

3 years olds level. Maybe at best a mildy retarded 5 year old.

Have you met any qt's? Are the Chinese qts as hungry for foreigners as in Japan?
>>
>>25857193
Learning another language is NEVER a bad thing. Just don't ride off only knowing that language. Pair it up with something useful, like a teaching degree or some shit. Do some research.
>>
>>25857871

How long have you been learning then? It's a hard language but not impossible, just keep on it.

Yeah had a one night stand with one out here and we kind of ended up together.
Was going really well I thought, but I think she's not wanting to carry on because I have to return home in like 6 months, but I want to try with her caus I want to move back as soon as I graduate.

Not sure about China caus I live in Taiwan. Some girls are into it some not. Generally sex is done at those love motels so it's a pain in the ass.

Do the Japanese love foreigners then? I may have to go there for rebound if this Taiwan chick thing doesn't work out.
>>
File: Love You Guys.png (94KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Love You Guys.png
94KB, 500x358px
>>25857193
Weeb.
Did you like Dragonball or Dragonball Z better?
>>
>>25857193
Study Japanese i think you study Japanese i really think so
>>
I'm a weeaboo too, but I still gotta say that paying money to major is Japanese is goddamn fucking retarded.

Japan has no future. Anime will start being made and produced in Korea or like Taiwan.

You're paying to learn a language that's not gonna matter in a few decades. When you could've learned Mandarin instead.
>>
File: Japan-GDP-historic[1].png (50KB, 1254x577px) Image search: [Google]
Japan-GDP-historic[1].png
50KB, 1254x577px
>>25858067
>he thinks China's not going to crash in the same way Japan did
China's labor force is going to begin shrinking this year. Japan's economy hit a wall when that occurred in the early 1990s.
>>
>>25857193
I would've guessed you're into anime and video games and that you're unemployable.
>>
>>25858122

Still has a better chance of being relevant than Japan.
Remember that Japanese birth rates are really low nowand has no sign of recovering. And they don't want any immigrants. They're utterly fucked.

It'll be an irrelevant country in a few decades.
>>
>>25858254
>Remember that Japanese birth rates are really low nowand has no sign of recovering.
China is the same way. 1/4 of the Chinese population is projected to be 65+ by 2030.

>And they don't want any immigrants.
This is a good thing. Importing 80 IQ savages from the third world will do nothing other than destroy what was once a decent part of the Earth. See California(or Sweden in a decade) for a good example of how this works.

>They're utterly fucked.
The world is utterly fucked.
>>
>>25857777
what sorts of books are you using to learn chinese?
>>
>>25859100

At the moment this book series (I've linked you to the first one), because they use Traditional characters and I attend university in Taiwan where I study.

Do you study as well?

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Audio-Visual-Chinese-Edition-Book/dp/957091789Xa
>>
>>25857777
>>25859277

those numbers
>>
>>25859277
I'm not I'm wondering where I would start
>>
>>25859355

Would you be self studying or will you have a tutor and/or classes you can go to? I'd really recommend a class if you can afford it, but If it's self studying you need serious discipline to work every day studying characters, tones and grammar for at least an hour or two

You need to first choose simplified or traditional. Personally I'd recommend traditional as it's easier to switch back to simplified (although simplified is bar far more used), and buy a textbook and go through all of the exercises. Make sure to do around a lesson or two a week where you completely understand everything.

Also asap find a native speaker to talk with. This is the most important thing. So many westerners can read and write ok despite it being harder than speaking and listening just because they don't have the balls to go out and practice. Yeah it's scary but most people are very willing to help. Let me know if you have any other question.
>>
>>25857193
I'd think you're a weeaboo. End of story. That's the only reason why anyone learns it anymore.
>>
>>25859532
I guess my only question would be is the book you linked good for a beginner to use or would I need to start with something else first?
>>
>>25857647
Those two things go hand in hand.
Retarded weeaboos develop a fetish for Japanese girls because of their shitty cartoons.
>>
>>25859640

I'm using the 4th one in the series and it's quite good but I never have used the first one. I think it's meant to be ok. At a basic level it's about getting used to reading and writing and pronouncing the tones as well as building up a foundation.

I'm guessing you have a smartphone or ipad? If so download the app HelloChinese and work through the exercises (even the listening and speaking). This will give you practice.

I'd most recommend finding a tutor/class/chinese takeaway person who can mark the work you do and make sure it's correct and that you're pronouncing things correctly. Hit up a language exchange website to find someone.

Good luck
>>
>learning anything other than chinese

Japan is great, but it isn't going to take over the world anytime soon.

Learning chinese is an investment
>>
>>25857777
ni hao anon.

Couldn't get into a language course this semester but if I don't have some sort of structured course I feel I'll lose a lot of what little I've learned. Any tips on staying fresh without a teacher/tutor? Do you recommend anki?

>in b4 falling for the rising china meme
>>
>>25860499

Yeah just literally practice every day. Go over old notes. Learn a little more as well. Get a language partner asap and practice.
If you're looking for something structured try the HelloChinese app. It's like duolingo and is decent for beginners.
Anki or Memrise for characters are decent. Just make sure to not give up.
>>
OP is what you call a humble weeb
>>
>>25858067
Korea and Taiwan are recent countries unlike Japan. Japan has a rich history and culture. The Japanese language is worth learning even if Japan supposedly has no future
>>
>>25858067
whats going to even happen?

are they all going to die?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.