[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else get extreme anxiety when they have to talk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1398648610047.jpg (47KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1398648610047.jpg
47KB, 331x331px
Does anybody else get extreme anxiety when they have to talk about themselves?

I can't explain it. But any time somebody asks me a personal question, even a super innocent one like "What music do you like?" or something, I legitimately start to panic. I just get so embarrassed talking about myself and it makes me want to cry.
>>
I have a job interview over the phone tomorrow morning. 15 minutes of having to talk about myself and answering bullshit interview questions. There's no way this won't be a disaster
>>
Not really, but this kind of things happens when I get mad or even remotely angry (at someone) in public

So I can't ever get in a fight or I'm guaranteed, certified autism meat
>>
File: file.png (77KB, 270x311px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
77KB, 270x311px
>order a record in the mail
>mother: "hey anon, what did you order?"
>"oh just a record"
>"cool, what record?"
>fuck
>"it doesn't matter. heh, you haven't heard of it"
>"well, what is it?"
>"I don't wanna say
>she looks at me like I'm fucking mental
>"is it something embarrassing? just tell me what it is"
>"no"
>I'm legitimately sweating
>she's getting mad at me
>"fine, whatever"
I'm so neurotic it hurts
>>
Well, as it often is, while being a person that claims to not mind being judged, I always fear being judged when I talk about my tastes in front of other people.
>>
I just can't talk to people in general. In 9th grade I failed a test because my pen ran out of ink and I couldn't force myself to ask for a pencil.
>>
>>25850936
I got shorted 5 dollars change at the grocery store and didn't say anything because I'm afraid of conflict
>>
>>25850362
It's called having low self-esteem.
>>
>>25850362
I was like that until I learned about this wonderful thing called lying.

>>25850668
Well, what was it?
>>
>>25851099
madlib - shades of blue

I don't have an issue saying it on the internet because people here have heard of it and i'm anonymous

in real life having to talk about something that the other person has no clue what it is, makes me want to fucking stab myself. people ask what games I play and I'll just lie and say counter strike or league of legends or something because I don't want to tell them that I play crusader kings because I don't want to explain what it is and seem like a fucking weirdo and I just hate talking about it

I like listening to other people. don't ask me about me, I'm boring. talk about you please. just ignore me.
>>
File: masks.jpg (73KB, 1024x945px) Image search: [Google]
masks.jpg
73KB, 1024x945px
>>25851236
You sound terrible. Have some confidence in your tastes.
>>
>>25851291
I have no confidence in anything. I'm boring and spineless. I can only be honest with people when I feel extremely comfortable with them, and I haven't felt that way about someone in a long time. probably because I scare them all away with my awful personality.
>>
>>25851331
That's a shame. I bet a lot of people would like to hear your thoughts on music (since I'm guessing you've listened to a lot of it) at the very least.
>>
>>25851398
I want to change but I don't think it's possible. my self-esteem is permanently shot. I'm on valium but all it does is help me not literally cry in public
>>
>>25851454
It's possible, anon. Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy? Also try mindfulness meditation. Both proven to help with issues like yours.
>>
Regardless what anyone on /r9k/ says, the number 1 thing you need to be attractive and live a happy life is confidence.

If you're a man, and you're weak and shy, you're going to have a bad fucking time. If you're confident, you could be ugly, or poor, or short, or anything as long as you present yourself as an assertive and proud person. Look at Adam Driver. Dude looks like a bus hit him and he's not only a marine but also a Hollywood actor balls deep in a college freshman RIGHT NOW.

However, anxiety and lack of self-esteem are also some of the most difficult things to fix.
>>
>>25850362
You should try having friendly chats or playing online games with people from /jp/ or /s4s/. They're easy to talk to and will keep the conversation going.
>>
File: 1430016587832.jpg (145KB, 660x751px) Image search: [Google]
1430016587832.jpg
145KB, 660x751px
>>25850489
>tfw physical interview next week
SAVE ME
>>
>Alright class, we're going to go around the room and introduce ourselves. Stand up, say your name, and say something interesting about yourself.
>>
>>25852116
>Anon, it's your turn.
>...
>...
>stand up
>"himynameisanoniliketoplayvideogames"
>sit down
>douse myself in gasoline
>light myself on fire
>>
>>25850362
Like what everyone else has said, that's due to low self-esteem. I am downright embarrassed by nearly every single thing that I like. Can't tell people what I like because of a lack of confidence, the fact that most of the time I feel like I'd just be name dropping stuff (given the autistic amount of time and effort put into the things that interest me), and that I'd look like an idiot for liking that sort of stuff.

Also having 4chan the only place were having some interaction (90% of the time being just lurking) with discussions on the things you like the majority of the times hasn't helped. And seeing others insult each other for their opinions on this site might have influenced a lack on confidence in my own opinions in general.
>>
>>25850362
>>25852220
God damn, these posts hit close to home.

I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm pathetic. I feel like a girl. If I was a girl, people would think my shyness and anxiety and tendency to get emotional and cry is cute. They'd want to protect me and care about me.

I don't want to be a girl. I don't want to be a boy. I want to be a man.
>>
File: Fraser.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
Fraser.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>Went to interview
>Got through things company does and my schooling
>"So Anon, what do you think is your best quality?" aka what do you like most about yourself
>Default to repeating "my academics" in different ways
>Didnt get the internship

>mfw I have to send out emails to companies that I havent talked to since last fall to see if any of them would want me in for an interview for a summer internship if they dust off my resume from their files

I am deathly afraid to send them emails and get back nothing but rejections. Not to mention I only have one real summer job listed on my resume that is hardly relevant to the field I am going into.
>>
>>25852116
Fuck every person that initiates this retarded ritual. I'm not interesting, nobody in the room is interesting, fuck off
>>
>>25852825
But Anon, don't you want to hear about Stacy and her various hobbies?
>>
just do what I do and never leave the house
>>
>>25850362
There's gotta be somebody out there that wants to have a shy clingy emotionally damaged bf.
>>
>>25851236
Dude Madlib is a genius, no reason to be ashamed, he's an indie legend by now. Also listen to Medicine Show (esp. the psych and reggae ones).
>>
>>25850362
>Does anybody else get extreme anxiety when they have to talk about themselves?
>I can't explain it. But any time somebody asks me a personal question, even a super innocent one like "What music do you like?" or something, I legitimately start to panic. I just get so embarrassed talking about myself and it makes me want to cry.
yeah i do feel that i usually tried to escape the situation other time i end up not talking but if i was forced to talk about something i usually say stupid shits keep asking stupid questions
>>
>>25850936
>I just can't talk to people in general. In 9th grade I failed a test because my pen ran out of ink and I couldn't force myself to ask for a pencil.
there are many situations i encounter like this and people always get mad at me being beta faggot fucking kill me already
>>
>>25852116
I fucking hate this why do we have do this shit fuck people name and my name too
>>
>>25853593
>There's gotta be somebody out there that wants to have a shy clingy emotionally damaged bf
Nope
>>
>What do you do?
play video games
>Going to school?
no
>G-girlfriend..?
she lives in another state
>Literally anything?
I just smonk we., eede
>>
>What do you do for fun?
U-um... well... s-sometimes I play v-video games, B-BUT I--
>Oh cool, what games do you play?
W-WELL I, yknow, lots of stuff, but... I, uh, I like playing Dota, b-but not alw--
>Dota? What's that?
STOP

ENOUGH QUESTIONS

DISENGAGE
>>
Has anyone here conquered extreme shyness/anxiety?

I can barely go to the grocery store.

How do you do it? I've been prescribed diazepam but it doesn't really make me better, it's kind of a patchwork solution.
>>
>>25854680
there's no conquering it, only dealing with it. it's like being ugly. you don't get rid of ugly, you live in spite of ugly.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.