[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is love real, or is it just another normie meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1446810771672.jpg (73KB, 559x558px) Image search: [Google]
1446810771672.jpg
73KB, 559x558px
Is love real, or is it just another normie meme?
>>
File: rick.jpg (45KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
45KB, 500x354px
I'm going to get shit on for posting a quote from Reddit: The TV Show, but this is precisely the truth.
>>
As if any of us will ever know.
>>
File: rainy pepe.jpg (141KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
rainy pepe.jpg
141KB, 1000x750px
>>25850297
Some robots may have loved from afar
>>
>>25850324

That's not love, that's just infatuation.

Love in this context implies something mutual between people.

We have never had that. We do not have that. We will never have that.
>>
>>25850251
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT DID YOU FUCKING CALL ME ?
A NORMIE?
DO YOU FUCKING KNOW WHAT NORMIEEVEN MEANS? IT MEANS A CHADBRO. A FUCKING NEWFAG. A MEATHEAD. A PRANCING LALA REDDIT BOY. YOU COME HERE, AND CALL ME FUCKING THAT? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY GIGABYTES OF HENTAI FEATURING ONLY FUCKING !!!MY WAIFU!! I HAVE? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I MASTURBATE TO THIS COLLECTION, HOW MANY HOURS I SPEND EXPANDING IT? NO, NO YOU FUCKING DON'T, YOU JUST COME IN HERE AND MAKE A FUCKING JUDGEMENT ON ME LIKE YOu"RE SOME KIND OF JUDGER OF NORMIES WHEN I STILL SMELL OF THE SEMEN FROM JACKING IT TO THE PUSSY OF A FUCKING LOLICON THIS BOARD ISN"T FUCKING /NOR/ ALRIGHT IT'S /B/
WHIPE THAT SMILE OFF YOUR FUCKING FACE. I BET I HAVE AT LEAST TEN TIMES THE AMOUNT OF PICTURES OF WAIFUS YOU DO, NORMIE CHAD CHAD MEATHEAD WHOOPSY DOO-DOO LAA LAA DUDEBRO BOY GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>25850432
What's the difference between familial love and romantic love?
>>
>>25850251
The chemical reaction in your brain that causes attraction is definitely real. However, love itself and the meaning behind it are all made up and don't exist. Don't waste your time with that bullshit. No relationshits these days last.
>>
It's real but it's just a chemical reaction in the brain. Over extended periods of time you adapt to that change and it becomes normal.
>>
Money exists. Everybody has their price.

Think about the concept of money.

Now think about what love even means.

There's your answer.
>>
>>25850251
"Love" is just attraction, and isn't anything more than that. If you're ugly you're fucked and basically unlovable.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 350x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 350x418px
>Love is just le chemical reaction maaaan
>You're much better off posting on our MRA subredd...ahem...R9K about how shit women are
>Good goy!
>>
>>25850477

Familial love is, for all intents and purposes, friendship. That probably sounds cheap in the era of Facebook "friends" but I don't mean it that way. It is important. It exists to keep the family together.

Romantic love is different. It exits to give birth to families and as such is far more compassionate. Familial love is warmth, romantic love is the fire.
>>
>>25850251

I T S R E A L
T
S
R
E Also dubs
A
L
>>
>>25850251
Love is a chemical reaction in your brain
>>
>>25850925
So wait...

How is romantic love different from being friends with benefits? What characterizes a "romantic love" relationship that distinguishes it from friends with benefits? Is it just more intense affection? Or is there something else?
>>
>>25850251
It's a chemical reaction to encourage you to have sexy time or to protect other members of your tribe
>>
File: Can't stop these.gif (824KB, 498x266px) Image search: [Google]
Can't stop these.gif
824KB, 498x266px
It's brain chemistry, but so is literally everything else. It's just what we refer to the specific shit going on that makes us attached to other people.

I've been in love with the same girl for almost eight years now, and the feelings have never died. She stopped loving me four years ago and hasn't spoken to me in two. I think about her every day, all the time. I'd call that love, you can call it whatever you want it doesn't really bother me but "love" makes sense within the context of our society.
>>
>>25851026

Would you die for your "friends with benefits"? Would you be emotionally disturbed, and profoundly so, if separated? If yes, then it is love. The same applies to familial love and family members as well. That why I clarified on the point of friendship.

People converse, gather, and have sex with one another with only the slightest of passing interest these days. They often think of themselves as friends. I wouldn't. You can't live without friends.

These are of course my own definitions, and I imagine you have your own. Perhaps conflicting. I won't argue the point. This is all an opinion. In reality, you're free to "be friends" and "be in love" however you so please.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.