[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw don't think I have enough willpower to not drink

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: booze.jpg (14KB, 325x250px) Image search: [Google]
booze.jpg
14KB, 325x250px
>tfw don't think I have enough willpower to not drink tonight

I was doing so well until Christmas
>>
Suck it up, brother. I took myself from 15 beers a night to a 3 a night limit. Way I see it is as long as you aren't getting drunk, no harm done. You can control yourself from doing stupid shit, takes the edge off, still able to enjoy stuff.
>>
>>25835719
I've tried that before without too much success. As much as I tell myself 3 is the limit, I often end up in the "just one more is okay" mode.
>>
>>25835686
there's lot's of other drugs out there, spread the load senpai
>>
>>25835744
Ah, well then you probably haven't made enough mistakes yet. I've done so much stupid shit and gotten so tired of the hangovers. I was drunk almost every night and hungover almost every day for over 3 years, had enough m8. I've had enough.
>>
smoke weed, OP.
>>
>drink alcohol
>feel dull

why do people love this shit

i feel like my iq dropped by like 20 points
>>
>>25835841
It numbs me. I feel pleasant and forget about the numerous problems in my life.

However by ignoring the problems I create new ones or allow the original problems to get worse.

Which in turn makes me drink more to forget about these problems.

Creating more new and worse problems.

Vicious cycle.
>>
>>25835898
Vicious cycle is exactly how I'd describe my alcoholism. I was drinking a little bit only. But over the years it gradually became more frequent and more doses.
>>
>>25835841
It stops me from overthinking things, and lets me just get stuff done without thinking about it.
>>
>that feel when went through 2 cases of beer since new years
>a bottle of rum
>a bottle of JD

My birthday is coming up, on fucking valentines day of all days. Havent had a gf in years now, already looking forward to getting a new case and a bottle of something on the side.

I could limit myself to 3 beers or whatever, 3 is just enough to get buzzed. But I tend to drink way too fucking fast, especially when I am alone since I dont have to tone it down to match other people who are exceptionally slow drinkers.
>>
>>25836933
I hear you, man. The worst is doing it alone because there is nothing to slow me down. If I have people over, or am out, then my pace will be quite healthy and not result in overdoing it, even if I am with other drinkers.
>>
>>25836933
>tfw did the math today an realized I've drank 3 and a half gallons of vodka and whiskey so far this year
>>
I have to force myself TOO drink tonight because I hate my life. I just don't wanna actually drink that much. For some reason jack daniels doesn't get me drunk, and this wine isn't doing much yet either.

The hard part is not downing all my tramadol right now.
>>
I'm caught in a different dilemma: On one hand, alcohol is autocatylizing, because drinking impacts your judgment about whether you should have another drink. And on the other, quitting cold turkey is rough, because the withdrawal symptoms are brutal.
>>
>>25835686
I just do it because when the sun goes down and Im not working I get bored and its a way to pass the time.

I usually do a 6 pack of 6.5 percent IPA per night so I dont feel shitty the next day. 8, or even 10 I feel shitty.
>>
>>25837004
This. Went through half a bottle of Honey Jack last night, just made me giggly
>>
>>25837018
What are these withdrawal symptoms like? I have periods of heavy drinking where I feel like shit every day. And when I have stopped cold turkey, I have not felt anything except not feeling like shit anymore. The only thing is that it takes about 3-4 days until I can get sleep normally, right after stopping I have trouble falling asleep.
>>
>>25836964
Im the opposite. If im around people i drink more to the good times. Need to isolate myself to slow down.
>>
>>25837068
It depends on how much and how often you drink. The most severe is delirium tremens (DTs), which involves seizures and hallucinations and is potentially life-threatening. For me, after a few days of not drinking I get bad headaches, and yeah trouble sleeping.
>>
>>25837068
You arent addicted then. I get anxiety so bad I feel like my heart and brain are about to explode at the same time. Pretty sure Im close to having a seizure in these cases; Ive gotten weird tastes in my mouth randomly.
>>
>>25836933
OP here. I've gone through 9 bottle of bourbon, 4 cases of beer and a bottle of rum since Christmas Eve.

Hadn't had drink for over 2 months before Christmas Eve. But I didn't buy any booze tonight.
>>
>>25837143
>>25837164
I haven't had anything close to that. That's actually a bad thing for me to read you guys have experienced that, because it's giving me a false sense of security. I know I drink too much and it's bad for my health.
>>
>>25838173
Do you have a job, study, or are a NEET?
>>
>>25837164
Same here. Withdrawals are hard to explain. To me it was like I was literally walking around in hell and everything was terrifying and on fire... yet nothing was different. I vomited and sweat and vomited and sweat some more.

I've had withdrawals like that twice. Now I drink solely because too afraid to quit and go through that again.
>>
>>25835744
>>25835719
>drinking beer
hows highschool senpai
>>
>>25835686
>make resolution I won't drink in 2016
>lasted 3 days
>been blackout drunk alone about 7 times since new years now

FUCK.
>>
File: fsajkfdsa.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fsajkfdsa.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
you are in control of one thing anon, your will. i know you can overcome the temptation and stay sober, i believe in you.
>>
File: where nice guys belong.jpg (232KB, 1220x1344px) Image search: [Google]
where nice guys belong.jpg
232KB, 1220x1344px
>Drink 10ltr of whisky in 8 days
>Never knew about withdrawel
>Go to sleep
>Hear voices of black people, and tupac, yelling in pure anger and anguish really loud and it comes closer
>Wake up spazzing like a retard and yelling "eeeeeghhhH"

Later
>Drink alot of liqour, but not same amount as the whisky week
>Go to sleep
>Hear the most absolutely beautiful music ever, I swear to you, if I knew how to recreate it would have been the best music ever made, just pure brilliance
>Later hear the music from Faster than lights (FTL) but the song continues in full coherent ways
>See the most amazing visuals, like some neon lights and letters

Sometimes alcohol withdrawel is awesome. However I admit, its a fine level. Once during alcohol withdrawel, the music turned beautiful, but like a horror movie, or a television flashing static, everything turned evil.

But if you get the right balanced withdrawel you will have trippy lucid dreams.
>>
>>25839530
Cringed at every 'withdrawel'
>>
>tfw ran out of alcohol and am too lazy to buy more

alcoholism cured for now
>>
File: es00008.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
es00008.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>25835841
stop drinking mazte
>>
>>25839577
>not wanting 20 more strength
>implying willpower is good

''MUH MOON SUGAR'' - you
>>
>>25839398
Work full time and study part time.
>>
>>25839648
I have a full time job and I feel like that is preventing me from becoming a full-time alcoholic. If I was a NEET now, I would probably be drunk nonstop whenever awake.
>>
>>25839732
My job is probably pushing me further towards alcoholism. I abhor every second of it and I find myself anticipating the first drink I'll have when I get home.
>>
>>25839748
That's what my previous job was like. It was awful and drove me to drink. Now I have a nice and comfy job I like, but haven't been able to kick the habit I developed.
>>
>>25839457
Sounds terrifying. Whenever I find the willpower to stop drinking for a while, I pretty much immediately start feeling better. The pains start to go away, and my head becomes clear.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.