[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from a run, r9k. In 32 degree heat that's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1452816469784.jpg (178KB, 888x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1452816469784.jpg
178KB, 888x1120px
Just got back from a run, r9k. In 32 degree heat that's also humid and windy as fuck.

>Ran 5 kilometers just now, a total of 15 kilometers today.
>First run was 3 hours ago
>For my 5km run the heat was so hot
>My lungs were killing me
>The air was so fucking hot
>No one was out running, just me.
>Going up steep footpaths
>Switching up my pace from past for a few minutes > sprint > normal
>Last 1km absolutely killed me
>Wanted to quit and go home
>Wanted to give up
>Some how kept on chugging along, giving it all my might and i finished off the run.

Feeling real happy right now.
>>
That's good anon you did something productive.

It doesn't change shit and your life still sucks, but ride the whole accomplishment thing feeling wave while it lasts cause when you realize you're wasting your time you'll crash down.
>>
>>25808515
Running is one of the things that makes me happy in this shitty world. But today really hit me. When i finished my run my BPM was 190 and felt like i could lift a semi-truck.
>>
>>25808469
Hello, runanon,

>Good job running!

I ran a couple times this week, probably around 2 miles each time.
>go up big hill
>run a mile
>feelsgood.jpg
>hit another big hill
>slush on the ground pulls me back
>cold air
>phlegm in throat
>oh no
>sick, awful pain in stomach
>running... Limping...
>wave hello to friend across street
>walking
>fuck
>sitting on the wood of the raised garden of some tiny abandoned auto shop
>puking
>facing the road
>puking goldfish and a protein shake
>ew
>feel better
>run the rest of the way home because it's 27* at 5pm and I'm wearing a sweatshirt and leggings
>get home and basically crawl to the kitchen sink to get water

I felt really good after that run too. I won't be eating goldfish for a while though haha
>>
>>25808542
I don't understand how running could make anyone happy.
I've ran my whole life. I've run the marathon a couple of times and even though I tried really hard to enjoy it, it was always boring.
Sure feeling strong and healthy is cool, but it's so futile. All those kilometers I've ran feel empty now. Like I worked my ass off for nothing.
>>
>>25808469
>Finally got back into running after like 4 years
>Run for about 3 months (3-4 days a week)
>running like 4-8 miles each time and can run 6:30 miles.
>stop for a month because wageslaving and stuff
>go for run christmas eve
>got plantar fasciitis

I can walk for about 20 min, run 10 min, and walk 20 min with no pain, but thats all.
>>
File: 9d12e.png (34KB, 646x624px) Image search: [Google]
9d12e.png
34KB, 646x624px
>>25808683
Feels good, i always get filled with so much energy after a run even though I'll be dying for some water and I'll be breathing everywhere. But i always end up yelling after a run or something;

>FUCK YES

Especially when i look at my watch and see i beat my time.

>>25808763
>I've ran my whole life. I've run the marathon a couple of times and even though

And? So have i and still do. Because i love it, always clears my head, and makes me feel good while running.
>>
>>25808777
do you get pain if you midstrike?
>>
>>25808951
I seem to get pain if I put enough time on the foot so Im try to keep off it.

It's getting better, but it seems like it is going to take forever. We're coming up on a month and it still hurts a little after a day at work sometimes.
>>
>>25808784
It just feels useless man. It's like wow I ran faster, so what. Do I win something or some shit?
>>
>>25809020
Damn well I know my shin-splints aren't anything like what you have. But I'll give you a small pointer to what i do at least to fix my shin-splints quicker and ankles if they hurt.

When i run long distance, and I'm talking about 15-20 kilometers sometimes i end up getting sore as fuck shins after the run because i ran on concrete the entire time. So what i do when i get home is put my feet in the bath and spray cold water on them for 5 minutes. 20 minutes later i feel no pain at all.

Also buy picture related and put it on your heel, might end up helping it heal even faster especially if it's inflamed; http://www.mentholatum.com.au/brands/ice/ice-range/ice-gel/

I use this on my ankles and shins of they hurt and it always makes them feel a whole lot better.
>>
>>25809070
I don't like your negative waves, my man.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.