[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /r9k/ I just got into UC Davis for Neurobiology. I got

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

hey /r9k/

I just got into UC Davis for Neurobiology.

I got into a good uni senpai... will I be a normie now?
>>
It depends.

Do you want to be a normie?
>>
>>25807157
Davis might actually be a great uni for robots. Most of the people here are not super attractive like southern california schools so it's easy to meet people.
>>
Davis sucks. It's in bum fuck nowhere
>>
>>25807254
mfw multiboard b8
>>
>>25807157
Probably better than Neuroscience at UC Riverside.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DONT CHANGE YOUR MAJOR TO POLITICAL SCIENCE!!!
>>
>>25807315
pic related

>robot tyranny
>>
>>25807254
But that's the point. Literally half the city is students, the other half is dedicated to serving students.

Ausbot here. If I could attend any university in the world, I'd pick UC Davis.
>>
i live in davis, good uni but the town is fucking infested with SJW bike riders. its basically a mini portland
>>
I enjoy the gook UCs
>>
>>25807315
OP here

I also got into UCR, UCSB and UCI and got waitlisted at UCSD and deffered.

Did I make the right choice?
>>
>>25807537
What about UCLA? What do you want to do with a neuro degree? med school?
>>
>>25807537
UCI is better ranked. Where are you from? Can you commute to davis or something?
>>
>>25807560
Med school.

Denied UCLA UCB

>>25807606
Where though? I keep on seeing davis higher rated, with a lower acceptance rate. Plus I've heard UCI is a commuter school like a community college.
>>
>>25807903
It depends on your major but uci is ranked better.
I don't think it is. I know people who went there that are doing pretty great for themselves. After uci they went to pharm school at usc.
>>
>>25807175
Yes i want a qt
>>
File: 3572_ucla_bruins-alternate-1973.png (56KB, 1040x540px) Image search: [Google]
3572_ucla_bruins-alternate-1973.png
56KB, 1040x540px
>tfw one time I saw some guy make a robots thread on the yik yak feed here
>>
>>25807157
Anon, studying neurobio will not give you any solace regarding the fact that you are a robot. You will only end up making awkward, ideologically motivated, self-involved decisions regarding your studies and scientific hypotheses. It will hinder your understanding and be an obstacle to fact-driven study and scholarship.

If you honestly like neurobio, go for it. If you think it will save your soul and answer deep questions about why life turned out this way, you will be sorely disappointed. Please don't end up like le spoopy joker man.

t. an anon interviewing for the UCI neurobiology grad program next week
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtGykAQh514

you're going to be this guy
>>
>>25808996
Plan on going into Neurosurgery. Pays well and I'm curious about consciousness. I don't think theres really much wrong with me besides GAS and social anxiety.
>>
File: Davis_Swim_Team.jpg (126KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Davis_Swim_Team.jpg
126KB, 1280x960px
>>25808296
Davis is interesting, anon. Think about it: it can be a good school for a lot of things, but it is out in bumfuck middle of nowhere Yolo county. You think the kind of girls who want to hit up clubs and send metric fucktons of snaps are going to go anywhere near a place that desolate? Hell no. Right off the bat you are filtering the attention whores who would go to UCI to stay near OC and LA. It is also a mixed bag for reputation, so you are filtering the academic tryhards who are going to UCLA and Cal and, to a lesser extent, UCSD. Furthermore, although it is liberal, UCSC is soaking up the bulk of the unrepentant private liberal arts type wannabes.

>Bottom line: A Davis qt will likely be a smart, but not super smart, down-to-earth girl who, while committed to typically liberal ideas, is not rearing to shove them down your throat. Pretty fucking comfy desu.
>>
File: puke.png (415KB, 596x490px) Image search: [Google]
puke.png
415KB, 596x490px
why have most schools gone liberal? Everything is diversity this white man evil that. These people got me voting for Trump.
>>
>>25807157
Good job brobot. I got accepted to UCI. Computer engineering major.
>>
File: Photo on 1-11-16 at 11.34 AM.jpg (221KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 1-11-16 at 11.34 AM.jpg
221KB, 1080x720px
>>25809240
As a generally above average guy (But below average where I live in San Diego) i look forward to this.
>>
>>25809055
Power to you. Neuroscience hasn't really reached a point where there are a healthy amount of basic research positions opening up in industry. The content is just not mature enough to be brought to market in any real sense, certainly were it might involve surgery.

As a result, medicine is an excellent and exciting option. I envy the vantage point you will have to experience the next few decades of advances in applied neuroscience. The money is nice too.

Not sure if you have read much literature on it, but consciousness is really the fuzzy far end of a neuroscientific continuum that stretches from basic electrophysiology to the broadly philosophical. It has certainly been a dirty word in neuroscience historically, although some would say that is changing. You seem to be more interested in what I would call cognitive neuroscience if that sort of stuff appeals to you. Of practical note, I would stick with the neurobiology. Cognitive neuroscience is often taught out of psychology departments and does not necessarily have degree requirements that are premedical. Your mileage may vary, but just something to consider.
>>
>>25809427
I'm guessing you're not even yet 18? You have a strong fucking jaw that is only going to fill out over the next few years. Also, regarding anxiety, I went to undergrad in SoCal. It was hilarious to see the number of out of staters who developed "anxiety" after coming here from Vermont or Iowa or Idaho. Southern California living is a profoundly and uniquely unnatural, stressful way to live. Now, I get the creeps from people who feel at home in downtown LA and 15 freeway gridlock.

When you move north of Ventura and stay there a while, it is almost surreal that people live that way and call it life. Settle in and after a few months, you won't want to come back.
>>
>>25807157

Noice. I'm an 18 y/o High School Senior and applied to all UCs (which was really stupid). Regardless, I'm pulling for Berkeley but that's quite the reach. If I go to any UC besides Riverside, Santa Cruz, or Merced, I'll be content.

What can you robots say of what to expect at a UC? What's it like being a robot there? How's the social life? That's what I'm worried about the most. ;_;
>>
>>25809648
I'm 20, I'm a transfer student
>>
>>25809648
Just out of curiosity, what makes it different? My major issue with finding girls in general is everyone here seems really... superficial, theres not really much going on in terms of interests, hobbies, and personality. Everyones just interested in looks.

Truth be told, I didn't realize this wasn't the case everywhere until very recently.
>>
>>25809663
OP here,

Let me tell you, as a robot you DO NOT want to go to community college. I have no fucking friends, and I'm pretty good at hiding my power level from the normies.

I really hope Uni is different.
>>
>>25807157
Of course not dumbass, you'd still be a robot at Harvard, your local CC, or anywhere else

UCSD here. Which one of you fuckers wrote r9k and pol memes all over the blackboard by the general store?
>>
File: Hottie.jpg (51KB, 648x486px) Image search: [Google]
Hottie.jpg
51KB, 648x486px
>>25809826
SoCal has a very high stress, fast moving pace of life. It is what people from elsewhere in the US and abroad think of when they think of Cali. You might not realize it, but it wears on you even if you don't know any better. It also has an absurdly high number of pretty, tan, fit people if you are in the more affluent, white areas. Assuming you are trying to pull pretty, tan, fit girls, there is a good chance they will call bullshit on you if you aren't equivalently attractive.

It's actually really interesting to watch attractive out of state girls from places like Vermont and Idaho adjust to the standards of a place like Cali. Often times, they will lowball themselves with 4-5/10s before their new girlfriends sit them down and explain that they deserve better and are making them all look the wrong kind of slutty by association. The thing is, they will always tend to have less vapid tastes than Cali raised broads, especially if they are good people to begin with (I hooked up with pic related when I was Frosh and she was from Vermont).

One part of growing up is simply realizing for yourself the ways that men and women are different. Nobody can really explain this like your personal experiences can. It is the rare woman who has interests that match yours in terms of intensity and content. If you want to have some fun, loosen up and don't be so picky. Take what you get and learn from it.

Most women your age are going to be very superficial and self-involved. Socially and biologically, they have every reason to be. They have what every red-blooded man on this planet wants. It is the exceptionally rare woman who recognizes this and disregards it for higher purposes. If you find her and enjoy her company, lock it down OP.
>>
>>25807157

>just got in

how? decisions are nowhere close to being released
>>
File: Hottie1.jpg (36KB, 348x584px) Image search: [Google]
Hottie1.jpg
36KB, 348x584px
>>25810631
That pic, BTW, doesn't do justice to the rack on this woman. Holy shit. Her mom was a Dutch expat. Too bad I fucked shit up by being a GPA obsessed autist my first semester of classes. I ended up blowing her off to review calculus and chem study guides to excess. Super down to earth family-minded too. This is what I mean, OP. Life frequently makes us look long and hard at our mistakes, in which case, we might as well learn something from them and have some good come of it.
>>
>>25810204
UCSD here as well. I didn't see the me-mes. Where was it?
>>
>>25811189
>>25810204

ayy UCSD here
post the memes
>>
>>25807157
If you wouldn't mind could you tell me basically everything about yourself(GPA, gender, sat score, race, extra curriculars, legacy, family history, etc.) since Davis is my dream school.
>inb4 underage b&
Okay fuck off I hate myself and find the threads here entertaining but relatable.
>>
>>25811189
>>25811218
I hate how UCSD has gone full SJW over the last 2 years.

It was always present but it didn't really pick up until ~2014.
>>
>>25811272
I didn't notice anything too SJW so far. The only thing I've seen is a Free the Nipple 'Demonstrations' and a Bernie 'The Cuck' Sanders fan club recruiting booth.
>>
>>25811189
>>25810204
>>25811218
Weird. Out of all the UCs, I would have expected UC Riverside to be the autist magnet school.
>>
>>25811272
seriously though

I'm glad my friends are all redpill as fuck- we call each other nigger and jew and faggot lol
>>
>>25811318
UC Riverside is the mystery meat reject school if you aren't in the engineering programs.

>tfw accepted to Davis, but went to Riverside.
>>
>>25811318
it's called uc socially dead for a reason bruv
>>
>>25811313
>mentioning things only from the last half of 2015

Freshman detected. You weren't here for the height of the black lives matter bullshit around 1.5 years ago.
>>
>>25811343
(not that anon)
I remember that loool
fucking niggers blocking the 5
>>
>>25811333
I'm so glad I no longer live in the dorms.

I had a literal SJW hardass for an RA last year. It was a total break from my last 2 RA's that left you alone so long as you didn't do blatantly illegal shit.
>>
>>25811386
Care to share any stories?
>>
>>25811386
Which ones? I was in warren, frankfurter and douglas till i moved off campus
>>
>>25811400
He didn't do anything extremely out of line.

Just lots of privilege checking and trying to make his residents use ultra-PC newspeak but his program didn't work out too well since 75% of them were literally from China.

Loved distributing "everything is rape culture" and hanging up SJW posters everywhere which everyone ignored.

>>25811410
Keeling
>>
>>25811425
fucking chingchong fobs

living with one of those pigs made me borderline racist
>>
>>25810204
>>25811189
>>25811218
>>25811272
>>25811313
>>25811343
>>25811369

I'm sick of this fucking school
I hate it
I can't wait to graduate this spring
>>
>>25811449
In this case I'm glad they made him look like an idiot.
Some of them can be really nice, especially the rich ones that regularly get really good liquor and share it.
>>
File: ZX4fo97.png (16KB, 451x225px) Image search: [Google]
ZX4fo97.png
16KB, 451x225px
>>25807537
I was pretty much the same as you two years ago. Got into all the UCs except UCLA and Cal, was admitted as undeclared at UCSD, and didn't even bother applying to UCR or UCSC. Ended up choosing UCI though I don't think there's a real academic difference Irvine, Davis, and Santa Barbara.
>>
>>25811339
>>25811342
This always fascinates me because I grew up ~10 min from the campus. I wouldn't say the town itself is abjectly worthless, its actually pretty big will a lot of weird, hidden away shit. LA and OC are easily within an hour and a half drive. The people that end up at UCR must just arrive with boring personalities and broken spirits.
>>
>>25811452
Faculty is OK
Don't like the students in my major
Not much to do on campus besides study

For fun, I just go off campus and fuck around San Diego.
>>
>>25811463
mine was a chainsmoker with no sense of personal hygiene or cleanliness. Some fobs are aight.

>>25811470
San Diego is wonderful, I love it. It's the people who are awful.

>>25811452
I'm graduating this quarter lel
I ain't walkin', fuck this school
>>
>>25811272
>complaining about your school going full SJW

nigga I go to UCSC

you can't imagine how SJW we are
>>
File: uci.jpg (146KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
uci.jpg
146KB, 960x720px
>>25809240
>Right off the bat you are filtering the attention whores who would go to UCI to stay near OC and LA

UCI is robot as fuck. You're thinking of UCSB.
>>
>>25811549
We used to not be SJW and I'd rather it stay that way instead of falling down to the level where you are at now.

At least I'm out of here in the spring so it sucks for whoever is still stuck in the shit or is about to enter it.
>>
>>25811470
>a lot of weird, hidden away shit

Like what?

I used to regularly ride on the bike path that starts in Riverside below Mt Rubidoux. It takes you to an industrial wasteland just outside grand terrace/San Bernardino if you go east or a greenspace out near chino if you go west. The path going west is nice, but the east is just straight up depression.

I also used to hike up the foothills around box canyon.

I had some crap jobs that took me out to Fontana - a complete shithole, but I did get to see a house once built and owned by Al Capone. Great for about 30 seconds because you can't get any closer than 15 yards because the lot is surrounded by barbed wire.

Sure theres a go-kart place and some things downtown, but what other great hidden away shit is there?

I met some nice and intelligent people at UCR, but the school is mostly lower middle class slobs.
>>
>>25811653
How many years ago was this? Downtown has gotten a lot more interesting since '07-'08 and the city's "arts and innovation" push. They do a lot of art walks and put on some cool shit in the parks during spring and summer. It's gotten even better since the mayor got rid of the bums and junkies. Back to the Grind is great for picking up on hot RCC co-eds and has a cool vibe. Riverside Municipal is routinely booking pretty big name acts now. I'm kicking myself for not seeing Motorhead when I had the chance in August now that Lemmy is dead. It would have been as intimate as a club gig. If not in Riverside proper, you are right on the doorstep of OC, the mountains, and LA. Even though San Bern is absolutely lukewarm shit, a bit further east is Redlands, which is a beautiful city if you stay in the nice parts. Went to a few parties at the university there. They are a bunch of worthless libshits, but their women are nice.
>>
>>25811549
just avoid kresge / porter and you're good DESU

t. c8 friend
>>
>>25810744
TAG agreement
>>
> STEM
> normies

possible but unlikely.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.