[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You eat like shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1449423272650.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1449423272650.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>mfw all processed food is "engineered" to maximize euphoria
>mfw the food industry refers to this as the "bliss point" of a food product
>mfw they also engineer foods to make you hungry/thirsty for more
>mfw over 90% of food in supermarkets is designed to make you addicted
>mfw this strategy really took off in the late 70's
>mfw this is the main reason we have an obesity/diabetes epidemic today
>mfw people still eat poisonous shit on a daily basis

Stop being cucks and eat whole foods (mostly lean protein and non-starchy vegetables). Cut out sugar. Also, call the food industry out on their shit and demand better food.

Seriously, try eating chicken and vegetables for a week. Your hunger will vanish. You will have to REMIND yourself to eat.

This is how we are supposed to be as humans.
>>
>>25783499
>Cut out sugar
I would say cut out processed sugar. Humans need sugar. It's better to get it from fruits and such. So:
>cut out sugar except non-processed stuff

Otherwise I think you're spot-on op.
>>
'You're a dingus and clearly know nothing about anything. die.
>>
Is canned tuna okay because that protein to calorie ratio is on point senpai
>>
>>25783499
>You will have to REMIND yourself to eat
Is this normal? I'm always freaking out because I can go a whole day without anything and not even feel hungry. Of course I'll get hungry eventually but not right before each meal.
>>25783616
>HURR DURR IGNORE THAT I'M A SHILL
>>
>>25783631
Albacore has more mercury, if you want "cleaner" fish you want pole caught tuna which is like $3-4 a tin. I just eat crab and roll my dice but my body has low mileage anyway.
>>
i went from fat to in shape in a half year during 2014 when i put myself on an 1800 calorie diet and only ate stuff like vegetables, fruit, chicken, etc, and only drank water

it's really not hard to keep a good diet and you'll even feel better from it, the problem for me is more that whenever my life goes down the shitter i get addicted to comfort food. i wouldn't be surprised if i make another successful weight loss effort this year only to be exactly where i am right now in 2017
>>
>>25783499
>only eat food cooked myself
>hate myself and want to die

guess, i should try eating more fast food
>>
>>25783631
I mean, it's fine but you can do better. Go for lean white fish and salmon. Or... just chicken desu senpai.
>>
>>25783616
>>25783696
Here's your (you). Redeem it at your nearest bank.
>>
Yea, no, you're a fucking moron.

GMOs are completely safe and there is literally zero evidence that they harm us in any way. And 2000+ studies have found that they do not harm us.

They're also better for the environment (engineered to use fewer pesticides), better for the economy (larger yields), and they save literally millions of lives in poor countries. People are starving and you WHITE UPPER MIDDLE CLASS LIBERAL MORONS are trying to prevent people from eating because you're an elitist.

Shut the FUCK up and appreciate what modern science has done.
>>
>>25783499
Dude, if you're gonna eat mostly non starchy vegetables your meat has to be fatty. Fat is ok, guys.
>>
>>25783499
I eat what I can get around me that is cheap.

Most of what is around me is shit food, and the stuff that is not is WAY overpriced because of hipster faggots like you.

Can beans and discount chicken hot dogs ain't bad when you get used to it. That's what I had for dinner tonight.
>>
>>25783747

OK I might have overreacted a little bit. You're actually right about chicken and vegetables... But still. Fuck off with that "engineering" fear mongering horseshit
>>
>>25783596
Its perfectly possible to live solely on fats.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 413x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 413x413px
Not OP but learning to cook is a valuable skill. My turkey burgers are better than any chain restaraunt or mom and pop place in the world.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XbT0QHYKAA
>>
>>25783499
So it sounds like you're arguing for quantity (in years of life through healthy eating), over quality (general satisfaction from eating shitty food that tastes good).

I don't see how you get on such a high horse here. I love fast food so much kek.
>>
Your gay hipster faggot food is unaffordable.
>>
>>25783845
That's ludicrous, you would suffocate in minutes
>>
>you're addicted to food
>your addiction will break in a week

And that's how I know you don't know shit about addiction. Not that the rest of your post is incorrect though.
>>
>>25783900
Google ketogenic diet.
>>
File: 1428993013426.jpg (60KB, 343x317px) Image search: [Google]
1428993013426.jpg
60KB, 343x317px
>>25783815
Healthy food isn't expensive. Are you telling me shit like broccoli, chicken, and sweet potatoes is hipster food? It's affordable. You just have to know how to cook beyond throwing shit in the microwave.

>>25783859
It's not longevity, eating better ensures your good health lasts. Many people who eat shit food throughout the lives hit 50 and they start getting all sorts of problems. Arthritis, mobility issues, diabetes, stomach issues. Some of that can be avoided by not treating your body like shit. I don't know about you but I'd rather not be in constant pain and suffering when I'm older.
>>
>>25783954
That shit literally puts you on the verge of death until your brain manages to convert to fats over carbs as a last ditch effort to prevent you from going into a goddamned coma.

Not that it's unfeasible, but it seems like an awful lot of effort with no real purpose. Keto works well for the general population because they eat less and actually monitor what they're eating for once, but the same results can be achieved by just monitoring your calories and macros.
>>
Gardening is one of the skills I believe everyone (with the exception of those who aren't really able-bodied for it, I guess) should have and use. Even you're limited by what you can do due to where you live you should still try and do some because, It's not about the amount of food you can grow but, the fact that you grew something, anything that is edible in the first place.

Everyone should have the satisfaction of enjoying something they planted and nurtured with one of their meals. They say, hunger is the best spice but, I think labor is a pretty damn good spice as well. To give an example of my own experiences, a hamburger with a slice of one of the tomatoes I grew on it, was a damn good hamburger and a damn good tomato slice (even better that the burger was homemade). And at the very least, there's no way that tomato would have tasted as good to me if I had bought it at the store.
>>
>>25783747
>>25783820
>"food engineering is bullshit"
>food companies LITERALLY hire "food engineers"

My former office mate was a food engineer for Pepsi. There are entire books written about this shit.

Not talking about GMOs, senpai. Those are fine. I'm talking about PROCESSED FOODS.
>>
>>25784085
Also when calorie counting, keep in mind that less processed = less calories, less nutrients.

Fresh produce = less than cooked
Raw meat = less than cooked
Ground meat is absorbed more effectively than steaks

Also the calorie counts are misleading because everyone absorbs nutrients from food a little differently. For example, Russians have about 5 more feet of intestines on average than West Europeans. This means their bodies generally get more nutrients from food. Gut bacteria also have a big impact and have a major influence on colon health. Gut bacteria digest what your body can't digest, and if you eat only processed food they will be starved.
>>
File: 1450596456687.jpg (69KB, 428x408px) Image search: [Google]
1450596456687.jpg
69KB, 428x408px
>>25783499
> Pioneering work on the bliss point was carried out by American market researcher and psychophysicist Howard Moskowitz

Holy, shit anon - guess who?
>>
File: yuk.png (148KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
yuk.png
148KB, 641x481px
If you eat convenience foods (microwaved or canned meals) you're eating the human equivalent of dog food.
>>
>>25784351
Source on the Russians thing? Interesting.

I shed 14 kilos, I think like 28 pounds last year by switching to cooking my own food instead of buying junk and walking everywhere. Didn't even really watch what I ate or stress about exercising it almost happened by itself. Turning about $1 of ingredients into a delicious meal is actually fun and addictive

Also fishing and diving are exercise and get you a healthy meal at the same time. Same with gardening
>>
you're right OP

anyone that's disagreeing is probably currently shoveling quarter pounders in their mouths washed down with mountain dew
>>
>>25784468
Forgot to mention that I feel like I have way more control over my own life now I do all that stuff, I'm not just a sack of shit who goes to work to get money to stuff his face in an endless cycle.

Making the basic parts of life a fun challenge is much more rewarding. I actually like being poor
>>
EVERY robot on this board should put in an effort to eat right and exercise, it will improve literally everyone.
>>
>>25783974
$3.47 for one head of lettuce
$2.47/lb for roma tomatoes
$5.97 for a small head of cauliflower
$2.98 for a bunch (sometimes only two trees) of broccoli
$3.98/lb for red or green grapes
$2.58 for an English cucumber
Etc

Take pride in where you live and what you can buy for what cost. It's not the same everywhereand your incredibly narrow perspective is hallmark of being a self-righteous child.
>>
>>25783747
Dude, he's talking about processed foods. GMOs are fine, they're basically just super vegetables. And by super, I mean they can thrive and shit where non GMO foods of the same kind wouldn't, higher yields, etc. basically what you just said.

However, processed shit like cheeze-its, pizza rolls, cookies, potato chips, ice cream, etc. are terrible for you. The companies that make them do tests to ensure that they're as delicious and addictive as possible. Then they use cute advertisements with pretty people to sell them. People in Coke commercials are always good looking, having a blast at the beach or something, and then the commercial ends with a couple kissing as the Coca-cola logo appears onscreen with the word "love" appearing underneath it in a cute little cursive flourish. As if Coke was selling love...
>>
>>25783499
Hey OP, good post, my diet mainly consists of:
>eggs
>a little bit of mozzarella cheese with the eggs
>whole grain wheat bread

>chicken
>green beans
>brown rice
>few teaspoons of low sodium soy
>lemon juice added to chicken at a certain point in the cooking process for perfect flavor

>apples
>peanut butter

>crushed red pepper added to chicken and egg meals I make

>other fruits, nuts, and veggies here and there

It's not a very expensive diet, just have to be savvy about grocery shopping and avoid shit you don't need. I always check the nutrition label when I buy anything, paying attention to sugar content, protein, dietary fiber (makes poop firmer), and fats (types, avoiding saturated and trans fats). I count calories, protein, and fat intake too, have an excel sheet that I track that shit in.

How would you "call the food industry out" though. Seems futile, there's no way to get enough people on our side. The food industry is just going to pander to the majority, and the majority wants easy to make, cheap, tasty garbage.
>>
>>25784468
>>25784117
I want to start a garden when I get my own place. Seems like a super comfy hobby and I'd save money on veggies. I wish my grandmother was still alive. She had an amazing garden and could've shown me the basics.
>>
>>25783747

I was with you until

>People are starving and you WHITE UPPER MIDDLE CLASS LIBERAL MORONS are trying to prevent people from eating because you're an elitist.

We've reached a point where the production of the food isn't the problem, we produce enough food in America to ourselves, and two other countries with our population. The problem is the uneven distribution of it. Now, I can understand why it's logistically challenging to get the overstock corn from Indiana to Africa. I know why a private company wouldn't want to do that, I also understand it's not necessarily the government's obligation. The thing is, there are starving people in Gary, Indiana. They could eat that corn, but if the farmer hands it to them, they'll no longer be allowed to count it in their tax credits, if the whole seller gives it to them they'll lose inventory, if the supermarket gives it to them they won't be able to reclaim it from the whole seller, and if they fish it out of a garbage bin (which by the way, is chained and padlocked) they're stealing.

It is the laws which maximize and protect the merchantability of produce that make it difficult to distribute food in a way which is most efficient.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.