[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else absolutely terrified by how harsh reality is?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: tennis ball ballsack.gif (409KB, 499x274px) Image search: [Google]
tennis ball ballsack.gif
409KB, 499x274px
Is anyone else absolutely terrified by how harsh reality is? Literally any second someone could break into your home and kill you. You could die from a medical condition you didn't even know you had. You could even be slowly dying from cancer right now.

Like, the thought that shit might happen and I could be homeless at some point scares the shit out of me. So generalized anxiety general I guess?
>>
Of all the pictures to post, a white man's cottage butt and dingly balls was one of the more tame options.
>>
>>25783334
Sometimes. When I'm high as fuck. I tend to think of life like a ride I can't get off of. As for people breaking in, I've placed knives and hammers all around my house within reaching distance and I'm fairly strong at 5'10 215 pounds.
>>
File: suicidal_memeing.jpg (141KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
suicidal_memeing.jpg
141KB, 803x688px
>>25783417
>I tend to think of life like a ride I can't get off of

You can though
>>
File: 1409473619456.jpg (25KB, 338x273px) Image search: [Google]
1409473619456.jpg
25KB, 338x273px
>>25783334
>terrified
>Literally any second someone could break into your home and kill you. You could die from a medical condition you didn't even know you had. You could even be slowly dying from cancer right now.

I'm actually disappointed the odds of this happening to me are slim and that I am fated to live a long, drawn out life of misery as punishment for my cardinal sin of being born anything but a lucky Chad.
>>
File: 1451529493705.jpg (184KB, 1280x786px) Image search: [Google]
1451529493705.jpg
184KB, 1280x786px
>terrified of dying before making it out of robot life
>terrified of dying after i finally make it out and make something of my life
>tfw if i got in a car crash tomorrow only my family would remember me, of which most are down to the last 10-15 years of their lifespan. within 30 years or so i would be wiped from history.
>>
>>25783417
Don't the knives just constantly remind you of the "threat" or do they actually provide a sense of comfort?
>>
>>25783417

I've stopped smoking almost entirely because it's started to make me so anxious. It used to have the completely opposite effect.

And it's not being broken into specifically. It's just that there's really no rules to anything. I mean sure there's laws but that doesn't actually stop people from doing things. If that makes sense. I feel like something horrible could happen at just any time.
>>
>>25783334

> death
> scary

People already consider me brain-dead. I won't be missed, and I will be in a better place regardless of which view of the afterlife is real.
>>
File: 1440622489878.png (412KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440622489878.png
412KB, 1280x720px
>>25783334
Here anon, here is a great Latin poem.
u ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi
finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios
temptaris numeros. ut melius, quidquid erit, pati.
seu pluris hiemes seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam,
quae nunc oppositis debilitat pumicibus mare
Tyrrhenum. Sapias, vina liques et spatio brevi
spem longam reseces. dum loquimur, fugerit invida
aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

(My translation may be a bit off)

You are forbidden, to know the end. For you and me to know our end. My Leuconius, Do not try to read the future, It shall be better for less suffer shall be done. Whether Jupiter has any more winters to offer you. Or if this the last. This, that makes the Tyrrhene billows spend their strength against the shore. Be wise, strain your wine. Life is short, should hope be any longer? While we have been addressing. Escapes envious time. Seize the day. Trust as little as you wish.
>>
>>25783552

That's actually kinda cool thanks anon. I know it's pointless to worry about the future but my brain just wanders a lot. Especially when I'm trying to sleep.
>>
>>25783505
I'm extremely meticulous and I suspect I have the bergers because I think about scenarios. I've beaten two people at the same time who tried to mug me while I was walking home one night because I thought it through one day.
so the knives around the house thing is a comfort thing like "what if I didn't do this? What would happen?"
>>25783512
Yeah I totally get what you mean but I've learnt how to control those feelings to an extent. If I smoke too much it's 5 minutes of pure anxiety but I can talk myself out of it. I can't really imagine my life without weed but I use it sparingly like if I need to go to sleep or over the weekend.
>>
File: schopenhauer.jpg (51KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauer.jpg
51KB, 502x600px
>>25783334
It is nigh-impossible to truly comprehend the suffering in this existence. Right now, as we sit here in this thread, there are countless people around the world being tortured, raped, and murdered. There are people starving, people afflicted with horrible incurable sicknesses, people who are freezing on cold streets, people who suffer diseases of the mind, people born with hideous deformities.
There is flesh-eating bacteria, there is disembowelment, there is bombing, there is radiation sickness, there is cancer cells, there is ritual sacrifice, there is financial ruin, there is endless emotional turmoil.
And all of this is only what is happening at present. This says nothing of all the suffering that took place in the past, and nothing of the even greater horrors that will certainly take place in the future. And all of it will be for absolutely nothing at all.
When you realize this (almost no one ever does), antinatalism and philosophical pessimism become the only logical positions to hold towards this Earthly life.
>>
>>25783334
not really tbqh

i fucking hate this earth
>>
>>25783552
take youre carpe diem and apply it to youre anus
>>
File: 1452272689057.png (826KB, 680x657px) Image search: [Google]
1452272689057.png
826KB, 680x657px
>>25783690
I don't want us to live like this
I don't want us to die like this
>>
>>25783690

Thoughts like these (which I have all the time) make me glad I'm not omniscient. I can get a blanket sense of the suffering sometime, but knowing the details just makes it worse.
>>
>>25783334
Not me, I have a gun next to my bed
>>
>>25783334
Yes to all of these things, and furthermore society is the same way. Every person has something you could say to them to make them hate you. Even your best friend, even your mother. Conversations are like minefields, and speeches are like running into a police station with a gun drawn. Relationships that have lasted 5 years can end because of a 5 minute argument. A job you've held for a decade can end because of a mistake you make in a second. The stakes are too high and they are everywhere. Living is hell.
>>
I'm absolutely terrified of getting a medical problem. Also being in a car gives me crazy anxiety.
>>
I find the fact that I will die no matter what I do quite comforting; it also comforts me to know that no matter how great someone is they'll get fucked over in the end too.
>>
File: a19.jpg (17KB, 320x343px) Image search: [Google]
a19.jpg
17KB, 320x343px
http://www.feasta.org/2012/06/17/trade-off-financial-system-supply-chain-cross-contagion-a-study-in-global-systemic-collapse/

>financial crash
>companies can no longer do business with each other
>supply chains break down
>gas stations empty in a single day
>grocery stores in 3 days, or just 1 if people start to panic

You know what they say, civilization is just 9 meals away from collapsing, also global stock markets are currently crashing
>>
>when I was 10 I had a dream I was going to die on my 22nd birthday in a car crash
>my 22nd birthday is in 4 months
>my dad forced me to go to driving school over christmas break
>>
>>25784477
>search Google News for "stock market"
>holy shit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.