[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point is it OK to quit your job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: 39.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
At what point is it OK to quit your job?
>>
When you have an alternative job waiting for you or you're sure you can get one easily.
>>
When you've secured a new job and can start immediately without having gaps in your cash flow or employment history.

Trust me, anon, I hate it as much as you do. I can't stand working and the concept of a full time job is soul crushing to me, but if you ever want to make anything of yourself we have to do it. That's just how our terrible society works.
>>
>>25770839
Are there any alternatives? Inb4 robots.
>>
>>25770959
Alternatives to having a new job or alternatives to having a job in general? Because autismbux will support you, but it won't help you make friends because you won't be around people. It also won't help you get a gf/bf because you won't be around people. Even if you do somehow meet a boy or girl you like, chances are your NEETbux will be a redflag and they'll move on.

So no, unfortunately there is no alternative to becoming another fucking worthless, replaceable cog in a corporate machine until you're old enough to retire but also too old to enjoy the things you did as a young adult. Your reaction time is going to be too slow for competitive vidya, your dick isn't going to work properly, and you may be losing your hair already. Just strap in, anon, because life is fucking horrible.
>>
>>25771042
Jeeze, dude.
>>
>>25771181
Sorry, I got a little carried away. That's my own bleak outlook and honestly it's probably really over exaggerated.

You can probably fit a lot of fun memories into that time working as long as you aren't working eighty hours a week at two jobs and going to College. Just pick a job you don't hate (I finally found one after four awful jobs) work there as much as you feel comfortable working unless you have financial obligations that require you to work more hours so ends meet.

Do that while going to College for whatever you want to be when you get older. Honestly the whole, "what do you want to be when you grow up" thing doesn't stop when you grow up, it just becomes "where do you want to be in five years". Set some goals, even if they're small and stupid, then work towards them. For me, I want to be /fit/, fluent in Japanese, and be 3/4 of the way through a Psychology degree. Working even fifteen hours a week and going to College isn't a bad idea. That way you'll be working enough to have the money to go to parties or take girls out on dates, but you'll also have enough free time to do those things.

I wish I was this positive all the time. Normally my thoughts only flow in the direction of my previous post. I'm too scared of dropping out again to go back to school and I keep procrastinating the gym, as well as teaching myself Japanese.
>>
>>25771407
I have huge financial responsibilities, actually. I have rent to pay, and I can't move back in with my parents.
>>
>>25771519
Well then you better keep a steady flow of income, anon. You don't have a choicd anymore. Your life already belongs to someone else.
>>
File: Serena hat.png (368KB, 949x822px) Image search: [Google]
Serena hat.png
368KB, 949x822px
When you accept Serena into your life OP.
>>
>>25770742
whenever you want to

there is nothing keeping you there
>>
>>25770839
"make anything of yourself"

who are you to tell me what "making something of myself" is

for me "making something of myself" has nothing to do with material possessions and money or a full time job
>>
>>25771681
All that matters is his world view.
>>
>>25771681
No man is an island mother fucker and that means no anon is an island either. You can lie to yourself if you want but eventually you'll have to wake up. From the looks of things you're going to wish you'd done it sooner than later too.
>>
File: 1444963988473.png (592KB, 1545x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1444963988473.png
592KB, 1545x1177px
>>25771633
Serena is a cuck.
>>
>>25770742
when a huge influx of barely manageable work comes in of course
>>
File: m.png (480KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
480KB, 640x480px
>>25772013
Exactly, we all know May is the supreme pokegrill
>>
File: NeverKnowsBest.gif (151KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
NeverKnowsBest.gif
151KB, 500x375px
>>25771780
my happiness is not dependent on material possessions and wealth
>>
>>25770742
At the point where your future won't depend on the income you get from the job.
>>
>>25772069
Your happiness is dependent on your father's paycheck.
>>
>>25770742
Terminal illness, Tbh.
>>
File: 1452300645496.jpg (3KB, 160x100px) Image search: [Google]
1452300645496.jpg
3KB, 160x100px
>>25770742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LUCOcilwjA
>>
File: KristenStewart.jpg (447KB, 1280x1725px) Image search: [Google]
KristenStewart.jpg
447KB, 1280x1725px
>>25772158
my happiness is dependent on an internet connection and a gym membership

i wouldnt care if i was homeless
>>
>>25772272
As someone who has escaped homelessness by one day (twice), trust me. You'd care a lot.
>>
>>25770742
When you find that there's no longer any vertical mobility at your job, and you understand your assets are better utilized elsewhere.
>>
File: PussyTaco.jpg (172KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
PussyTaco.jpg
172KB, 612x612px
>>25772416
no i wouldnt

i am not you
>>
>>25772245
This guy is pretty funny.
>>
>>25770742
when its crushing your soul to the point where the unknown is a more sensible prospect in your mind. i quit a job in epic fashion and had nothing lined up, got a job paying easily 2x as much within 3 months
>>
When you don't want to work that job anymore
Life is short anon
>>
>>25770742
When you have another job lined up to take its place, or you are otherwise secure money wise, or the job is mistreating you and being unethical.

While some may say when it makes you unhappy, being homeless or without basic resources would likely make most more unhappy so it is better to secure less shitty job first.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.