[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost lost a friend today who was trying to commit suicide.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IGOATbh.jpg (381KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
IGOATbh.jpg
381KB, 746x982px
Almost lost a friend today who was trying to commit suicide. Had an ex who was constantly depressed and suicidal. Ended up going all cuckoo on me and breaking it off. If you feel you're going nuts. Take the time to go to a therapist. Some have sliding scales of payment. Don't An Hero anons, take care of yourselves.
>>
I'm glad your friend didn't die op
>>
>>25762881
>implying I can afford to do anything more than feed myself
The moment I determine life to be no longer worth the effort, I'm out.
>>
>>25764240
Taking care of yourself mentally is important. Probably the most important thing, don't give up. Even talking it out with the faggots on here is better than anything.
>>
Why do you care? I personally don't consider my friends at all when I'm thinking about suicide. I'm sorry I won't be around any more to entertain you people.
>>
>>25764278
So the part of me that is generally hopeful and keeps me alive thanks you for your kind words and empathy. However, at this hour and this state of mind that part of me isn't the primary driver of my emotions, so please pardon the following:

Fuck you and fuck your bullshit advice. Why is it that society should only care about me when I'm at the edge? Life is nothing but a struggle from the moment we're born to the moment we die, and anyone who disregards that as a juvenile mentality is being a condescending prick. We've all bought into this lie that existence is worth muddling through when in reality it isn't for the vast majority of people. I have felt this way since I was old enough to comprehend such concepts. Why should I continue to live? So that I can spare the people who love me from having to confront the questing that maybe this world is really hell itself? Fuck that. It's my life and I have yet to find meaning in it. You wouldn't sit through a god awful movie for the whole duration so I don't know why I'm obligated to keep up this whole charade.
>>
>>25764406
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder. Sometimes I ask myself, what's the fucking point? Why do I suffer day in and day out, when nothing comes from it. That's when you make your own fun, why do you care what others want from you. Life's short and then you die, so do whatever you can. You have to find the motivation within yourself. Take up hobbies, I've been making music and cooking. Both help me relax and they're fun to do. Life is full of things that make you wanna continue on. You just gotta ask yourself if you're willing to take that step.
>>
>>25762881
>Some have sliding scales of payment
what does this mean? can I into therapy as a poorfag?
>>
>>25764514
Yeah depending on your income some therapists will lower their costs for those with low income.
>>
>>25764486
>You just gotta ask yourself if you're willing to take that step
I'm not. That's the problem. But I'm not quite ready to take the step towards suicide yet either. However, the fact that I lack the resolve to accomplish the first pushes me towards the second a little more each day.
>>
>>25764616
It's the little things man, you don't expect to take a leap quite so soon. It's the little steps first and you got something going for you. So just push yourself a bit more everyday.
>>
>>25764648
I've been pushing myself for years. I'm tired of pushing. I'm tired of everything.
>>
File: tumblr_mld3u6uHV31s7tapeo1_500.jpg (50KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mld3u6uHV31s7tapeo1_500.jpg
50KB, 500x295px
>>25762881
I hate my life but I don't hate myself. I want to an hero but can't for that reason... it almost seems... sad? Just thinking bout myself hanging there or something or just dying from something self-inflicted. I know I didn't really deserve to have my life pan out so bad but here we are. I have not many prospects at 27. I just wish I had terminal cancer and could just slip away naturally.
>>
>>25762881
we don't have friends though. It doesn't matter if we kill ourselves because it will hurt no one and ultimately be a benefit for us
>>
>>25764667
Yeah but just hold on, you'll find something soon. If not, then if that's what you gotta do to be content. Then I can't stop you, I hope I'm not coming off as insincere, but I've seen what mental health issues does to people and it breaks my heart. I just wanna give a little hope to any anons that might need it. Because if I was in that same position I'd want that hope.
>>
I plan on saying goodbye by the end of March. It's just too much.
>>
>>25764486
the man in ghanna eating grubs is thinking "where the fuck will my next meal come from" not "what would Sartre do". There are far more starving third-worlders than millennials with their heads up their asses.
>>
>>25764718
But that doesn't mean these people's problems don't matter, they're just different things. That doesn't make any of their problems lesser, the problems are still just as real. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>25764735
At least talk with someone about it, you never know. It might just help.
>>
>>25764812
Only pussies talk about their problems.
I'm just going to wrap up some stuff then jump off a bridge.
>>
>Take the time to go to a therapist
Therapy seems like a fucking horrible idea. Is it going to give me the wasted years of my life back? Is it going to turn me into a successful person? No. It's just going to be complaining and sounding like a fool to some middle aged woman with a liberal arts degree, then getting told to live in the moment or some other useless advice. I don't want to feel better, I want to be someone worth feeling good about, and it's too late for that.
>>
File: 1394330752054.png (61KB, 214x275px) Image search: [Google]
1394330752054.png
61KB, 214x275px
>>25762881
Wait, where'd you find your friend?
>>
>>25764893
Nah they're there to legitimately help, they talk you through your thoughts. They usually just help get to the root of the problem you have and create a plan to work through it or set you up with a psychologist if they think you need medicine.
>>
>>25764949
Sure, but even if I learned to be happy, I'd still be a failure, and I'd rather die than learn to love being a loser.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.