[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the difference between a person that is smart and a person

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1451859230223.gif (394KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451859230223.gif
394KB, 500x375px
whats the difference between a person that is smart and a person that is intelligent?
>>
>>25736309
If you're intelligent, then your intellectual intelligence is greater than that of a smart person.
>>
size of the fedora
>>
>>25736309
Intelligent people have a high intellectual score and are known for accumulating wide amounts of knowledge, but it's just limited to the theoretical aspect. Smart ones use their own knowledge and intuition to solve real life problems.
>>
My personal groupings of smart and intelligent people is that smart people are those with a general sort of knowledge in a field(s), like someone who is gifted in math, literature, sciences, etc, as in they are good at 'something'. But I consider someone with intelligence to be a person who understands and reasons with reality, nothing special, just someone with a common sense above other people, or who can understand people and the world around them very well. Someone who is intelligent to me is someone who understands how everything works, and can grasp the kinds of things in life like mortality, relationships and I guess just 'life' in general, these sorts of people would fit into the category of philosophers and such.

But that's just me.
>>
Smart- has a large amount of applicative and theoretical knowledge

Intelligent- Can utilize knowledge ascertained to solve problems or avoid problems that may arise by using this knowledge.

It's like a pharmacist vs doctor- both have same knowledge, doctor just applies it in practice
>>
>>25736309
nobody in this thread is smart or intelligent because they're the synonyms and no retard has pointed this out yet.
>>
>>25736309
Smart is as smart does.

Intelligence is just potential.
>>
>>25737556
You feel better? You like making others feel bad?
>>
>>25737579
they're teh same fucking word this thread is literally tilting me.

it's like saying what's the difference someone that is rich and someone that is wealthy.
>>
>>25737652
To me, someone who is rich has a lot of money, but someone who is wealthy has a lot of things of value

if that makes sence
>>
>>25737706
I'M FUCKING DONE I'M LITERALLY
>>
>>25737721
autistic?

this is an original comment leave me alone
>>
>>25736309
One understands the idea of a synonym, the other is your stupid ass.
>>
>>25736309
just my stupid opinions
smart is something anyone can be. go read a math textbook, take a test. if you dont get 100%, study more, do more practice, take the test again. being smart is solely a product of the effort you put into a thing
intelligence isnt necessarily attainable in the same way. like, no matter how many books you read or languages you know, you wont be able to develop some groundbreaking computer program the likes of which have never been seen. i sorta see it like anyone can draw, if you do it long enough you'll get it down, but creativity is developed over time or maybe(?) something that can be natural to some people
>>
>>25737556
>>25737827
oh no, someone was trying to start a discussion. why would anyone ever want to try to reach some level of depth in a conversation?
oh bother
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.